• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

WakeVape&Bake

I was mistaken about the reduced draw with the chamber reducer. I was over filling the chamber. I dont even use the regular chamber anymore unless im sharing with a lot of friends.

Chamber reducer is worth every penny if you want to use solo

yep, chamber reducer is basically mandatory for me as i use the Hybrid mostly solo. the normal chamber is better used with multiple people, for me it is overkill, i don´t vape this much in one session.

somehow i really like using the capsules, i am the same with the Mighty. the capsules are clean and i know what the dosage is. i have the revolver magazine thing where you can store 8 capsules, the thing is really handy.

i prepare them in advance to have capsules ready when i need some medication. this is my "workflow" ;)

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
Programming workflows directly into the Hybrid to avoid using my phone would make this unit perfect. It's hard not to compare the Hybrid to the MaxVapor since it's the expensive, feature-rich concentrate equivalent (at half the price.) The MaxVapor was beta tested by FCers who gave feedback about wanting an analog control and workflow storage. Its unfortunate S&B didn't draw the same conclusions during their product testing, but then again they didn't ask for our opinion. :shrug:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I'm sorry. I meant the old easy valve chamber, the bowl. I heard that it fits on the hybrid, correct? (the old solid valve chamber does not) The new hybrid chamber screws on, and has the extra metal which adds conduction, correct? So, my question is, can I plop my old easy valve bowl on the hybrid (as a way to have a pure convection experience). I hope that's clear, thanks!

No. The old easy valve bowl does not work on the Hybrid...

found a way to easily
clean them so they don't smell after use.
PWT

How about the secret to easily cleaning the whip? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!

Autoclave your whips for about an hour. If you don't have access to one,
I use my vegetable steamer on high for 60 mins. If you have let your whip
get grungy you can then run a long thin brush with liquid soap thru the whip & s run thru steamer for another 40 mins. Smell gone & if you do it once a week, never gets a build up & you don't need the soap & second steam clean.

Cereal4dinner

No. The old easy valve bowl does not work on the Hybrid...

i just pour some alcohol inside the whip and plug both ends with my thumbs then just go back and forth until all the resin is gone, i rinse with water and then hang dry it with the towels in my bathroom

Cereal4dinner,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
i just pour some alcohol inside the whip and plug both ends with my thumbs then just go back and forth until all the resin is gone, i rinse with water and then hang dry it with the towels in my bathroom

When I did that with my whips 2 yrs ago, they all cracked,
(mini inside splits) got stiff & started stinking of a new smell.
With the new method all my whips are supple with no cracks
and nice clean smell after 6 , 12, 18 months. I have been using
whips since evolve + donuts & globes (VapeDonkey inspired)
Check out my vids as posted in forum. Very sanitary & easy also,
lets the vegetable steamer do the work, lol. :>)

Cereal4dinner

When I did that with my whips 2 yrs ago, they all cracked,
(mini inside splits) got stiff & started stinking of a new smell.
With the new method all my whips are supple with no cracks
and nice clean smell after 6 , 12, 18 months. I have been using
whips since evolve + donuts & globes (VapeDonkey inspired)
Check out my vids as posted in forum. Very sanitary & easy also,
lets the vegetable steamer do the work, lol. :>)

Oh that sounds horrible, thankfully ive only done it once

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Cool, shouldn't hurt the hose too much if you only did it the one time.
Soaking it in ISO does the most damage quickly.
Another option is a hose I use for whips is this from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DYAFIU0/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3HRWBO4JJQFLN&psc=1
Makes 3 whips, fits perfect, only thing is it doesn't have that great
non-stick outer surface that the Hybrid has. But it cleans up nice & cheap to change out monthly.

tennisguru1,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Baron23

Cool, shouldn't hurt the hose too much if you only did it the one time.
Soaking it in ISO does the most damage quickly.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DYAFIU0/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3HRWBO4JJQFLN&psc=1
Makes 3 whips, fits perfect, only thing is it doesn't have that great
non-stick outer surface that the Hybrid has. But it cleans up nice & cheap to change out monthly.
Hi guys - please keep in mind that silicone tubing is, to an extent, porous and ISO....which is kind of toxic....will be absorbed a bit.

Maybe its just me, but for the low price of tubing, I just toss and cut another piece to length.

Cheers

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
...storz and Bickel are correct, that hose is only good for a couple of weeks no matter what cleaning method you use...I change when the color changes...which is usually 2 weeks...even though I use other desktops.

Been using these for years, just fit volcano perfect. Made one 2'
for bong hook up. Made one 3 1/2 ft reaches me in lazy boy. :>)
I am now searching for the same anti stick silicon that comes with
hybrid in longer rolls?

Baron23

Been using these for years, just fit volcano perfect. Made one 2'
for bong hook up. Made one 3 1/2 ft reaches me in lazy boy. :>)
I am now searching for the same anti stick silicon that comes with
hybrid in longer rolls?
In note that this product is peroxide cured silicone and not platinum cured.

I had to look into it a bit as I have heard these terms for a good while...particularly platinum cured...but never understood the distinction.

"Peroxide vs. Platinum Cured Silicone Tubing – What’s the Difference?
December 9, 2013
tags: Silicone Tubing, Single-Use Components

With silicones, there are two major cure systems, addition cure and free radical cure. From here, we get our two major flavors of silicone tubing: platinum and peroxide cured, whose differences will be the focus of this post.

Addition cure systems make use of vinyl-functional polymers and a catalyst, such as platinum, to jump start the reaction (most cure methods will use either an organo-metallic complex or a platinum salt). The chief advantage of addition cure systems is that there are no by-products which can leach from the final polymer. Cost of platinum catalyst, however, is higher than in other cure methods which is reflected in final product prices.

Free radical cure systems are some of the oldest cross linking chemistries around. Commonly called “high temperature vulcanization” or HTV, this cure system uses free radicals generated by organic peroxides. The oxygen-oxygen single bond in a peroxide is not very stable and degenerates rapidly at elevated temperatures, creating free radicals which initiate the crosslinking of silicone monomers. In this type of cure system, by-products generally remain in the form of volatile organic acids. In order to remove these by-products, a high temperature post-cure is necessary. Any material left in the tubing as the cure that is not an intricate part of the tubing can be a potential leachable or extractable.

"The chief advantage to platinum cured silicone products are the extremely low levels of extractables and leachables. While post-cure methods are effective in reducing levels of siloxanes present in peroxide-cured methods, some organic acids remain."

https://hollandaptblog.com/2013/12/...m-cured-silicone-tubing-whats-the-difference/

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
In note that this product is peroxide cured silicone and not platinum cured.

I had to look into it a bit as I have heard these terms for a good while...particularly platinum cured...but never understood the distinction.

"Peroxide vs. Platinum Cured Silicone Tubing – What’s the Difference?
December 9, 2013
tags: Silicone Tubing, Single-Use Components

With silicones, there are two major cure systems, addition cure and free radical cure. From here, we get our two major flavors of silicone tubing: platinum and peroxide cured, whose differences will be the focus of this post.

Addition cure systems make use of vinyl-functional polymers and a catalyst, such as platinum, to jump start the reaction (most cure methods will use either an organo-metallic complex or a platinum salt). The chief advantage of addition cure systems is that there are no by-products which can leach from the final polymer. Cost of platinum catalyst, however, is higher than in other cure methods which is reflected in final product prices.

Free radical cure systems are some of the oldest cross linking chemistries around. Commonly called “high temperature vulcanization” or HTV, this cure system uses free radicals generated by organic peroxides. The oxygen-oxygen single bond in a peroxide is not very stable and degenerates rapidly at elevated temperatures, creating free radicals which initiate the crosslinking of silicone monomers. In this type of cure system, by-products generally remain in the form of volatile organic acids. In order to remove these by-products, a high temperature post-cure is necessary. Any material left in the tubing as the cure that is not an intricate part of the tubing can be a potential leachable or extractable.

"The chief advantage to platinum cured silicone products are the extremely low levels of extractables and leachables. While post-cure methods are effective in reducing levels of siloxanes present in peroxide-cured methods, some organic acids remain."

https://hollandaptblog.com/2013/12/...m-cured-silicone-tubing-whats-the-difference/

WoW That stuff is expensive :>)
What type is coming with the hybrid?

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.

That is how I have done it also.... I only do it once and after that I replace the whip..
Thought there might be a better way... :)

Poostuff

Please delete
I like bags & whips because they save a lot of cleaning time. Of course they’re disposable & you do have to pay to replace them but there’s always a vape that needs cleaning so I really appreciate that option.

My hybrid has been a workhorse. It’s clocked almost 70 hours & I’m on my 3rd whip.
The only real cleaning has been the top of the chamber & inside the orange whip connector. That top screen gets dirty just like the Classic but unlike the Classic it doesn’t just take a quick soak in ISO to clean it. After an ISO soak I’ve had to torch my screen clean, & I’m using steel wool on the top part of the SS chamber. This is probably due to the temperature I use & I’m not sure if you’d need to do this using lower temperatures.
If you have the patience it all might come clean with a long ISO soak but I only wait a few hours.

I don’t normally recommend using reclaim but I highly recommend scraping & using the sublimate from your old whip, it’s extremely strong & even a little tasty.

I’m using Hybrid way more than I did the Classic, it’s one of my favourite vaporizers. I gifted my Classic to a friend with a really low tolerance.
She tells me she turns it on at night when she can’t sleep.
The funny part is she didn’t even want any balloons, she just runs it with no balloon for a minute or so & says it works a treat.
I'm sorry. I meant the old easy valve chamber, the bowl. I heard that it fits on the hybrid, correct? (the old solid valve chamber does not) The new hybrid chamber screws on, and has the extra metal which adds conduction, correct? So, my question is, can I plop my old easy valve bowl on the hybrid (as a way to have a pure convection experience). I hope that's clear, thanks!

Yes the easy valve bowl from the classic definitely works with the Hybrid! I broke a leg on mine & bought a replacement but I still have the broken one.
I tested this for you & it still sat securely on top of the Hybrid & inflated a bag with no leakage. The bag vapor was very similar to the vapor from the Classic, slow to start producing with no obvious conduction effect but the ABV was a little darker.
I’ve only tried this with one bag so far but I’m confident answering yes to this. Using the old easy valve chamber on the Hybrid will give you similar pure convection experience as using the Classic.
Happy to do more testing if needed.

SquirrelMaster

So I've been waiting for S&B to announce the Hybrid Medic (for tax purposes) and then last night I happened to find a Hybrid in Canada through Herbalize Store that one of the 15% codes worked on. Looks like I'll need a doctors note for taxes (benefits won't cover the device) as I now have my order placed lol. I am so excited right now!

In my haste I didn't even look at accessories although it looks like they're out of stock on the reducer chamber anyways which was my top item. In Canada so far I've only found that Herbcafe carries it but they're currently out of stock. Looking at S&B's site they carry a few options but I want to clarify which is the right item.

This looks like what I want https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store/v/volcano-hybrid-filling-chamber-reducer.html plus I'll need the dosing caps obviously.

At first I came across this item
https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store/v/volcano-hybrid-filling-chamber-with-reducer.html but that would only be if I needed a replacement for the filling chamber correct?

Nolan Kinshella

In Canada so far I've only found that Herbcafe carries it but they're currently out of stock. Looking at S&B's site they carry a few options but I want to clarify which is the right item.

This looks like what I want https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store/v/volcano-hybrid-filling-chamber-reducer.html plus I'll need the dosing caps obviously.

At first I came across this item
https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store/v/volcano-hybrid-filling-chamber-with-reducer.html but that would only be if I needed a replacement for the filling chamber correct?

Just looked on Toronto Vaporizers site, they carry the reducer for $17.99. https://torontovaporizer.ca/filling-chamber-reducer-volcano-hybrid.html

Vaporcussion

Yes the easy valve bowl from the classic definitely works with the Hybrid! I broke a leg on mine & bought a replacement but I still have the broken one.
I tested this for you & it still sat securely on top of the Hybrid & inflated a bag with no leakage. The bag vapor was very similar to the vapor from the Classic, slow to start producing with no obvious conduction effect but the ABV was a little darker.
I’ve only tried this with one bag so far but I’m confident answering yes to this. Using the old easy valve chamber on the Hybrid will give you similar pure convection experience as using the Classic.
Happy to do more testing if needed.

Thank you! Could you check if the hybrid tube kit fits on the old easy valve bowl? Thinking I could just buy that and use it with my classic for now, until I have the money for a Hybrid.

Vaporcussion

Yes, I was thinking a burst of air would help with the prime, then turn off and enjoy. I'm sure it will be subpar to the hybrid experience, but a good stop gap for now!

Two other unrelated questions:
1) Does the Volcano digit heat up any faster than the classic?

2) Is the Hybrid made with worldwide voltage?

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Yes, I was thinking a burst of air would help with the prime, then turn off and enjoy. I'm sure it will be subpar to the hybrid experience, but a good stop gap for now!

Two other unrelated questions:
1) Does the Volcano digit heat up any faster than the classic?

2) Is the Hybrid made with worldwide voltage?

1) yes, much EDIT: I read “hybrid”, not “digit”! Idk about the digit heating faster, never heard people raving about the quick heat-up with it like they do about the hybrid. Sorry about that!

2) no, sadly

Last edited:

silverharbinger

I don’t normally recommend using reclaim but I highly recommend scraping & using the sublimate from your old whip, it’s extremely strong & even a little tasty.

I've noticed that the nozzle gets a nice, even accumulation of reclaim when I clean it. I doubt that it would be a good idea to scrape that off due to potentially getting metal fragments with the reclaim, but I'd consider trying an alcohol extraction on it sometime. Between that and the screens there might be some goodies there.

What are you using to scrape the whips out?

That is exactly what you want to get. With that kit you get one capsule and 2 screens. I have no idea if one capsule would be enough for your use as it all depends on how often you load it up, but they are the same as the ones you get with the mighty or crafty. It's all to say that you might have some extras already.

I feel like all of us who never use these capsules should donate them to those who do so they don't need to purchase them. We could probably organize a dosing capsules for the less fortunate type of program in time for the holidays. :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom