• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

WakeVape&Bake

yeh heat soaking is smart. how do you find the draw resistance with the capsule? making a bag with capsule is no problem, but that whip gives me the the milkshake draw

for me it is the same draw resistance, it doesn´t matter if i use the capsules or if i pack the bowl directly..

maybe you packed too much into the capsule? could be different factors but the capsules shouldn´t give you a milkshake draw at all

and regarding the heat soaking, you can also screw on the chamber with the loaded capsule and blow some air with the pump when the temperature is reached, around 5 seconds hot air will also preheat the capsule to take a good hit.

would also like to know a decent bag workflow, i must admit i have used the bag maybe...5 times since i got the hybrid in August, i am on the whip all the time...

Last edited:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Anyone having both the Hybrid & Plenty, what would you say is the comparison to the Hybrid on whip mode (no pump) & the Plenty?
Love my Hybrid to death but if vapor & chamber draw are close I
wanted to maybe pick up a used plenty for a present for my friends
motor home.
Thx all

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Anyone having both the Hybrid & Plenty, what would you say is the comparison to the Hybrid on whip mode (no pump) & the Plenty?
motor home.
Thx all

So you ended up grabbing the Hybrid after all? Nice!

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
So you ended up grabbing the Hybrid after all? Nice!

Sam at Cream City Vapes made me an offer I couldn't refuse. :>)
This tech, if it holds up like my OG, blows the old tech away.
Heat up time, Taste, Power of Oven & Blower, Whip & ease of
use of Water Tool attachments.
If the Plenty whip is like the hybrid whip experience, I can see why many like it.
But with the Hybrid you get it all+ Speed & Power & the old balloon legacy. I LOVE it ALL.

WakeVape&Bake

motor home.
Thx all

i´ve sold my Plenty as i found that the Hybrid is like an even stronger Plenty with massively advanced heat up time. the heat up time kills most vaporizers tbh, that this thing is ready in 40seconds is a great step up.

but the Plenty also hits hard for sure.
wasn´t a fan of the spiral whip because cleaning is near impossible, the thing smells awful after like 6month of heavy use, even with soaking in iso...

Vaporcussion

The easy valve is the only valve for the Hybrid...

I'm sorry. I meant the old easy valve chamber, the bowl. I heard that it fits on the hybrid, correct? (the old solid valve chamber does not) The new hybrid chamber screws on, and has the extra metal which adds conduction, correct? So, my question is, can I plop my old easy valve bowl on the hybrid (as a way to have a pure convection experience). I hope that's clear, thanks!

silverharbinger

This tech, if it holds up like my OG, blows the old tech away.

I really hope that it does for you. From my experience and others I have read bluetooth functionality has been an issue. I didn't really want to say more about my hybrid's problem with bluetooth until Storz and Bickel customer service has had a chance to make it right, but seeing as you brought it up.. :lol:

Right now my hybrid is being RMA'd after lovingly using it for less than two months, so unfortunately, I have my first legitimate complaint about owning one. Honestly though, I didn't expect them to nail every aspect of the newest design. S&B may be a larger international company with ample experience in making great vaporizers, but they do not have any reputation for excellence in bluetooth wireless or capacitive touchscreens. Reality is reality, and if you have bought or are about to buy a hybrid volcano understand that at this time you are an early adopter. Failures should be expected.

Also, count me as one of those who doesn't notice any real difference in draw resistance when using the chamber reducer. Just to note, I haven't used the capsules with the reducer and I don't plan to, and I could see how it probably would increase the resistance if I were taking some really monstrous hits on the whip. I don't do that type of thing on this vape because it is strong and I like to experience it without tearing up, gagging, and coughing my brains out, but that's me.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I really hope that it does for you. From my experience and others I have read bluetooth functionality has been an issue. I didn't really want to say more about my hybrid's problem with bluetooth until Storz and Bickel customer service has had a chance to make it right, but seeing as you brought it up.. :lol:

Right now my hybrid is being RMA'd after lovingly using it for less than two months, so unfortunately, I have my first legitimate complaint about owning one. Honestly though, I didn't expect them to nail every aspect of the newest design. S&B may be a larger international company with ample experience in making great vaporizers, but they do not have any reputation for excellence in bluetooth wireless or capacitive touchscreens. Reality is reality, and if you have bought or are about to buy a hybrid volcano understand that at this time you are an early adopter. Failures should be expected.

Also, count me as one of those who doesn't notice any real difference in draw resistance when using the chamber reducer. Just to note, I haven't used the capsules with the reducer and I don't plan to, and I could see how it probably would increase the resistance if I were taking some really monstrous hits on the whip. I don't do that type of thing on this vape because it is strong and I like to experience it without tearing up, gagging, and coughing my brains out, but that's me.

What broke on you?
I didn't get the reducer chamber because of all the bad reviews of poor draw. Glad to see it works & you like it.
This thing is a speed demon on power up's :>)
My favorite is the whip direct into my pinnacle water tool.
Love the whip, already have all glass connections to my
D020-D 18mm , Sidecar 14mm , PWT 14mm .
I use a 14mm male to 18 female glass mouthpiece.
Gives bigger draw & glass not plastic feel. Straight &
"L" shape. Found some awesome inexpensive silly whip
on Amazon for $10 for 3 whips & also found a way to easily
clean them so they don't smell after use.
PWT

tennisguru1,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Cereal4dinner

What broke on you?
I didn't get the reducer chamber because of all the bad reviews of poor draw. Glad to see it works & you like it.
"L" shape. Found some awesome inexpensive silly whip
on Amazon for $10 for 3 whips & also found a way to easily
clean them so they don't smell after use.
PWT

I was mistaken about the reduced draw with the chamber reducer. I was over filling the chamber. I dont even use the regular chamber anymore unless im sharing with a lot of friends.

Chamber reducer is worth every penny if you want to use solo

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I was mistaken about the reduced draw with the chamber reducer. I was over filling the chamber. I dont even use the regular chamber anymore unless im sharing with a lot of friends.

Chamber reducer is worth every penny if you want to use solo

Can't believed I didn't pick it up for $10 with unit. Is it more effective that the pad for smaller loads, that Solid Valve OG was the best at small .15
loads for like 2 balloons. Don't feel like liquid pad works that well, hard to draw on whip till it really heats up.

silverharbinger

What broke on you?

The hybrid is unable to communicate to the Storz and Bickel app. All other functionality of the unit was fine, but without any communication there is no way to update the hybrid's firmware or use workflows, etc.. It was working 100% until the latest update for the app was released, so I suspect that it may just be an app issue.

Regardless of that S&B is planning to replace my hybrid with a new one after they recieve my original. I was on top of this like white on rice, so if all goes well I am anticipating having the other unit very soon.

"L" shape

I have a similar setup as well using an 18mm adaptor to a bong. I like the vapor from the water setup, but it seems to be less potent. As a result I don't use it as often as I thought I would, but I find myself using the chamber reducer quite a bit.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
The hybrid is unable to communicate to the Storz and Bickel app. All other functionality of the unit was fine, but without any communication there is no way to update the hybrid's firmware or use workflows, etc.. It was working 100% until the latest update for the app was released, so I suspect that it may just be an app issue.

Regardless of that S&B is planning to replace my hybrid with a new one after they recieve my original. I was on top of this like white on rice, so if all goes well I am anticipating having the other unit very soon.

I have a similar setup as well using an 18mm adaptor to a bong. I like the vapor from the water setup, but it seems to be less potent. As a result I don't use it as often as I thought I would, but I find myself using the chamber reducer quite a bit.

Thx, just ordered the reducer, nice Cream City Vapes $10 free ship
I took off mouthpiece on whip & put it directly onto my PWT.
Small handheld tube that whip fits in bottom 14mm.
Keeps taste, very little water or resistance

tennisguru1,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!

I haven't even loaded app yet. Havent loaded Ipad & Phone apps but everything works so well so far but as a computer I was not expecting the app to be
of any real use & dependability till the 3rd or 4 update lol :>)

Ordered it on your go for it!
Looking for a link the the small PWT that fits perfectly on the end of the whip. Got one from Pinnacle & one DHG.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/pinnacle-pro-glass-smoking-water-pipe-vaporblunt/184494946.html

https://www.dhgate.com/product/top-...-glass/265989755.html#s1-1-1;searl|0854687008

wakeNvape247

I've had mine for a little over a month, I've never been able to get the app to work. When I enter in the serial number it just flashes red. My phone's bluetooth see's it but if I try to connect thru there it gives message Couldn't pair, check settings for this device and try again. So far I've been like screw it, who needs the damn app, puff puff puff! But I don't like not being able to get firmware updates if S&B is actually sending them out, which I've heard a couple people mention 2 updates were released so far. That in itself is great because I've bought a ton of products over the years that were firmware updatable but the manufacturer never released any updates! So kudos to S&B for that! Other than the app, I love my Volcano Hybrid!

Baron23

O looks like a 0 so be careful when entering the serial number.
YES, THIS ^^

Fuck wads can't tell the difference between a zed and the letter O. Drove me crazy as its clearly a zed as printed, but the app wanted the letter O (sigh).

Also, until I entered the serial number in correctly, my phone did NOT find the Hybrid transmitting on BT.

Once entered in, though, it did.

I sort of don't like the interface on entering the serial number. If you don't enter the right number, well....it just sits there with Cancel as you only option. When you do get it in correctly, then it auto enters it and links up.

Better would be a Cancel and an Enter button and if the serial number is incorrect, then a notification saying so would be ever so fucking helpful.

Look, I worked in the telecom industry as a Program Manager for a very long time and the latter part of my career it was all software including not just apps but complete phone overlays. They ain't all that easy to really get right and it seems software just isn't in the wheel house of vape manfs. Makes me kind of wonder why so many of them think that an app is a great idea. "Oh, yeah...that's not a problem...just push that function to the app and we don't have to worry about impacting the hardware" and kick it down the road. I don't mind an app as completely and utterly redundant to the controls on the device. I do object to functions of the vape ONLY being accessible via the app.

Just me....guess after I retired and forgot 99% of what I once knew of the tech industry that I have become a Luddite! haha

P.S. Oooops, I see where the other member already tried both zed and letter O. Oh well, I was excited that I could contribute something more useful than my meandering thoughts but...missed again. LOL

silverharbinger

Also, until I entered the serial number in correctly, my phone did NOT find the Hybrid transmitting on BT.

I'm sure that getting the serial number wrong has been the cause of many, "my app doesn't work" issues. In my case I did all the troubleshooting myself, reported everything (including what I thought the serial number was) to Storz and Bickel customer support, and they responded saying they would need to replace my volcano.

I'll give them credit for not wasting my time by having me do things that I told them I already did. All that would have accomplished is holding things up, so kudos for that.

They ain't all that easy to really get right and it seems software just isn't in the wheel house of vape manfs. Makes me kind of wonder why so many of them think that an app is a great idea.

This should be it's own topic if it isn't already. Overall, in it's present form I think that the hybrid's app is kinda useful, but features like remote operation would be more useful on the older models where heatup times are substantially longer. If S&B plans to keep the hybrid around for 10 years or more this app could change very substantially, so right now I feel like I can't really give a verdict on it. Only time will tell.

Top Bottom