Volcano Hybrid VS Flowerpot VROD

GnarlyVandal

Hi all!

As it says in the title, not sure which of these desktops to purchase and would love some advice

I do have a pretty high tolerance, can both of these do the job?

For info, I have a pax 3, Dynavap vong, OG mighty, Stempod si and a firewood 7. Out of all of these, the mighty and firewood are my faves, the former just for relaxing sesh on the go, with the latter for easy clouds running through an 18mm wpa & bong. Stempod seems pretty hard hitting but can make me cough my face off after a sesh.

I used to have an extreme q about half a decade ago, but lost it whilst moving.
I’ve tried a friends volcano digit many times, which was great, but bags seemed noisy and we always seemed to need to smoke or use other vapes as well to get there.. I’m thinking the hybrid may have overcome this extraction issue? And also now can be whipped.

For the volcano, can you finish a bowl in 2 bags?
How is the vapour when using the dosing capsules? Which is my plan for keeping amounts used to a minimum
Is it worth the purchase for a hybrid when I do have the mighty (and other vapes)?

For the flowerpot, Ive seen loads of comments about how efficient it is with little amounts, so my questions would be around safety and functionality; is the heat really exposed?
Am I going to need somewhere safe to store it during and in-between sessions?
Do I have to be careful so I don’t burn myself, my surroundings or others?

Also so you guys know where I’m at, I’m leaning towards the volcano hybrid for ease of use and custom functions to fill the bags.
However if it’s not actually much of an upgrade over my portables, I will seriously consider the flowerpot. The things putting me off the flowerpot are safety, ease of use and storage.

Thank you in advance for any help ✌️

GnarlyVandal,

Vaporware

The FP can be condensed down pretty small for storage (apart from your glass), and because the head and the post it sits on (assuming you use one of their stands) are very hot you do have to be careful with them.

It’s like having a tiny stove burner going or something. You don’t want to let flammable things fall on it when it’s unattended, you want to pick it up by the handle and avoid touching things other than the bowl and the post on the stand with the head while it’s hot.

I have a ShowerHead and VRod that I’ve been using almost every day for the last several years and I’ve never had a problem (the handles CH sells are easy for me to keep a hold on), but if you know you’ll drop it or lose track of what’s going on so much that you’d stick it in your pocket or something, it can burn the hell out of you just like a burner on the stove would.

I seriously have a lot less concern about it than I did before I bought it, and they do make a shield now to help avoid accidental contact while it’s on the stand, but I haven’t picked one up yet…it just hasn’t been a problem for me. :shrug:

As for ease of use, the FP is very simple.

1. Move the head from the stand to the bowl.

2. Inhale.

3. Move the head back to the stand.

I like to lift the head early to clear the vapor path, and I do recommend exhaling at some point, but beyond that it’s up to you. ;)

All you really have to clean there are bowls, whatever glass you use (you can even use a j-hook if you can take it), and maybe occasionally the stand if you get it dirty. You may be able to go weeks, months or more without even cleaning the bowls if you brush them out regularly.

Compared to a lot of what I’ve seen, it is very low maintenance, and you don’t have breakable, meltable* plastic parts like the Volcano Hybrid.

There is a fair amount of love for the Hybrid (which I should mention I haven’t used), and more for the older Volcanoes, but unless you’re really into getting your vapor out of a plastic bag or silicone tube, it just feels to me like a device past its prime trying to stay relevant.

I know it could open up a whole :worms: but you might want to ask for recommendations beyond those two if you’re not comfortable with the FP.

Personally though, I think the FP line is well worth a shot if you’re looking for a desktop that can produce a lot of vapor on demand.

That’s another important thing to remember! If you blow a Volcano bag, you have a little time but ultimately you use it or lose it. If you take a draw or two off the FlowerPot, you decide when/whether or not you want another.

I hope that helps you decide what’s best for you. :)

*I don’t think a new Volcano Hybrid is likely to have any melting parts now, but it’s hard for me to get past the fact that we saw a number of reports of the early parts melting and charring in spots, and the fact that people may have been breathing that in really bothers me. I saw that they made improvements, but if they ever even apologized I missed it.

cvs8floz

I only have the Volcano digital but for me, the Flowerpot wins hands down, especially with a glass bowl. Extraction in 2 seconds, much better flavor, about the purest vapor you can get. Different components on the Flowerpot are exchangeable and upgradeable, when the ball versions came out last year all you had to do was buy a new head assembly. With the Volcano, you get this weird S&B plasticky taste, I can't stand the balloons and the noise of filling them, and I find they actually contain less vapor than you think. Never burnt myself on the Flowerpot but you obviously have to be more careful.

GnarlyVandal

Thanks for the detailed write up! Was helpful and definitely was steering me towards FP

Shame though, as the mrs noticed me checking out vape stores and has declared I have too many vapes already and have no need for a desktop one 😅 and if I ever do, then I can’t have any exposed heat..

…. So it looks like I’m getting the volcano 😉 maybe pick up an elev8r down the line, as it’s a bit cheaper, when she forgets about it 👀

GnarlyVandal,
  • Haha
Reactions: Vaporware

Vaporware

Oh well…a FlowerPot’s great, but a wife’s better. :lol:

If I were in your position I’d still start another thread with a list of the things you need in a vaporizer and get some more recommendations, but if you don’t want to go down more rabbit holes the Volcano Hybrid is a pretty capable device. :)

sparrowman

Thanks for the detailed write up! Was helpful and definitely was steering me towards FP

Shame though, as the mrs noticed me checking out vape stores and has declared I have too many vapes already and have no need for a desktop one 😅 and if I ever do, then I can’t have any exposed heat..

…. So it looks like I’m getting the volcano 😉 maybe pick up an elev8r down the line, as it’s a bit cheaper, when she forgets about it 👀

Look into the Halo. You can actually touch it without burning yourself (although i wouldn't recommend doing that AT ALL), it's more like touching a hot lightbulb.

GnarlyVandal

Look into the Halo. You can actually touch it without burning yourself (although i wouldn't recommend doing that AT ALL), it's more like touching a hot lightbulb.

Thanks for the suggestion! They look really good! The wood would be much more my speed than exposed metal.

GnarlyVandal,
Reactions: Vaporware

GnarlyVandal

Oh well…a FlowerPot’s great, but a wife’s better. :lol:

If I were in your position I’d still start another thread with a list of the things you need in a vaporizer and get some more recommendations, but if you don’t want to go down more rabbit holes the Volcano Hybrid is a pretty capable device. :)

Totally! I’ve been looking at a LOT of vapes not gonna lie. Dabs are pretty much unavailable here so no point in looking at those rigs for me

The upgraded volcano hybrid seems good, especially being able to fill a bag and do whatever. My main concern was that it wouldn’t get me high… which is a big concern for the price tag! Was just gonna pull the trigger before I decided to look into the heavy hitters Troy and Jerry keep using 😂

Definitely gravitating towards injector style vapes for the raw power, but the volcano just seems like such an easy experience. It’s likely I’ll end up with both! 😅 the vas is too strong

GnarlyVandal,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I know that you had very specifically asked about two device, neither of which I own, but I see that your circumstances have changed some to eliminate the FP.

Have you considered a log vape? I have a couple, and I find that they are powerful and easy to use. They are also much less of a burn hazard. My CouchLog also works fantastically as a 14mm injector. Anyway, have fun!

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
My first post on FC but I've been a lurker for a couple of months.

I would just like to thank all the members here, as without your informed advice, I would never have kicked combustion...so thank you all.

As for the Volcano Hybrid, I got one at the end of May and I have had no problem getting absolutely obliterated with it. Of course your tolerance levels may eclipse mine, but I would be surprised if after a super bag you don't feel it. You may not meet space Jesus after one bag, but the moon is pretty nice this time of year.

The flavour can be good, but honestly, I get better flavour from my dynavap omni. It's not that the vapour is bad, it's just infused with much more air. This can be somewhat mitigated with the whip and slower pulls but I have never managed to get big thick clouds out of it. That's OK though, I knew that from the get go. What I do get though, is zonked, and that's what I got it for.

As for easy of use, it's a 10/10.

I plug it in, fill a bowl, blow a super bag then remove the bowl immediately so it doesn't sit there slowly getting conduction cooked. The bag normally sends me on a journey for an hour or so and when when I come round..well what do you know, a half cooked bowl is sitting there, waiting to be finished off, its very convenient to say the least.

Cleaning and storing it are a breeze. I just pour the AVB in a storage container, use the supplied brush to quickly clean the bowls nooks and crannies and then unplug the Volcano and store it on my shelf. Obviously overtime I will need to do a deeper clean, but that's a once in blue moon thing and not difficult either.

I love my Cano and the bags do it for me, its low effort vaping. I have a bag, full of tasty vapour and I feel like I have had to do next to nothing to get it. Sometimes I will blow a lower temp bag if I need to be able to still do things and finish off at a higher temp when I wanna couch lock. And that's the thing I love about the Cano, you can tailor the effects of your herb to your current situation, that cannot be said for some of the other harder hitting desktops.

So yeah, a Cano is a great desktop and you shouldn't be disappointed with your purchase.

That said, my next desktop is gonna be the FP B2...what can I say, I want them phat one hit clouds and ofc I have a bad case of the vas.

:)

GnarlyVandal

My first post on FC but I've been a lurker for a couple of months.

I would just like to thank all the members here, as without your informed advice, I would never have kicked combustion...so thank you all.

As for the Volcano Hybrid, I got one at the end of May and I have had no problem getting absolutely obliterated with it. Of course your tolerance levels may eclipse mine, but I would be surprised if after a super bag you don't feel it. You may not meet space Jesus after one bag, but the moon is pretty nice this time of year.

The flavour can be good, but honestly, I get better flavour from my dynavap omni. It's not that the vapour is bad, it's just infused with much more air. This can be somewhat mitigated with the whip and slower pulls but I have never managed to get big thick clouds out of it. That's OK though, I knew that from the get go. What I do get though, is zonked, and that's what I got it for.

As for easy of use, it's a 10/10.

I plug it in, fill a bowl, blow a super bag then remove the bowl immediately so it doesn't sit there slowly getting conduction cooked. The bag normally sends me on a journey for an hour or so and when when I come round..well what do you know, a half cooked bowl is sitting there, waiting to be finished off, its very convenient to say the least.

Cleaning and storing it are a breeze. I just pour the AVB in a storage container, use the supplied brush to quickly clean the bowls nooks and crannies and then unplug the Volcano and store it on my shelf. Obviously overtime I will need to do a deeper clean, but that's a once in blue moon thing and not difficult either.

I love my Cano and the bags do it for me, its low effort vaping. I have a bag, full of tasty vapour and I feel like I have had to do next to nothing to get it. Sometimes I will blow a lower temp bag if I need to be able to still do things and finish off at a higher temp when I wanna couch lock. And that's the thing I love about the Cano, you can tailor the effects of your herb to your current situation, that cannot be said for some of the other harder hitting desktops.

So yeah, a Cano is a great desktop and you shouldn't be disappointed with your purchase.

That said, my next desktop is gonna be the FP B2...what can I say, I want them phat one hit clouds and ofc I have a bad case of the vas.

:)
Thanks for the write up! It’s appreciated. I’m definitely a sucker for vas! After a bit more research I’m going to go for a volcano and I’m gonna make a pinky as it’s on the cheaper side

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
Thanks for the write up! It’s appreciated. I’m definitely a sucker for vas! After a bit more research I’m going to go for a volcano and I’m gonna make a pinky as it’s on the cheaper side
No problem m8.

Since posting I have acquired the B2 and...damn its a beast, it absolutely destroys me. I love it. The pinky is an awesome choice and I believe its performance is similar to that of the Flowerpot etc, happy days are in store for you mate...these ball vapes really are on a different level. I can't wait until some manufacturers out there start the portable ball vape revolution, it's gonna be wild.

Do I still love my Volcano as much since getting the B2... you bet I do. They are both very different vapes with vastly different signatures and IMO complement each other well.

You will enjoy your time with both the Volcano and the Pinky of that I have no doubt.

Cheers.

DadaBoo,

noobvaperct

I own the flowerpot B1 and absolutely love it. I was also concerned about the heat exposure but it’s a non issue. All you need is to order the heat shield with the stand and you’re good to go. I never need to stir and it’s incredibly efficient and potent. S&B is way overpriced and overhyped for what they sell. The flowerpot is worth every cent.

noobvaperct,

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I have a Volcano classic and a B1/B0.
As @noobvaperct said, with the hangar heat shield they found a pretty safe way to store the hot pot. It is still a hot metal part you are manipulating during use though. But an open flame can be pretty dangerous too.
If security is still a concern I think the flowerpot pro would be a little safer.
But probably also more expensive than the volcano? (not even considering the cost to appease your wife after)

I do not like the balloon thing for my personal use, so the B's are my favourites by far. And they hit harder imo.

edit: A B'x coupled with a mini-nail heat shield could be a pretty safe option too.

Last edited:
Thick Vape,
Top Bottom