Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
What sort of performance improvement does the dynavap screen or ddave screen provide?
The standard screen was falling out, or dumped with the spent load. The metal casing can slip off too easily. These other screens eliminate that metal casing and they stay in place better, in that little recess in "the little silicone thing".
So, not so much performance improvement imo (though I have not tried the Dynavap screen), simply a design upgrade that makes the screen a bit more reliable.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The standard screen was falling out, or dumped with the spent load. The metal casing can slip off too easily. These other screens eliminate that metal casing and they stay in place better, in that little recess in "the little silicone thing".
So, not so much performance improvement imo (though I have not tried the Dynavap screen), simply a design upgrade that makes the screen a bit more reliable.
The vapcap screen works a treat. Embarrassing for Vleaf how quickly the stock screen falls off or gets stuck in the chamber. This is more secure and helps draw resistance a bit, though that may change since the mesh screen was already getting dirty.
PXL_20210503_235744118.jpg

maremaresing

That looks really nice and secure. I have a bunch of spare dynavap screens so I know what I'm doing tonight...

maremaresing,
Reactions: bossman

spindle

I have the Ddave mod screens but don't need them. I wasn't thrilled with hot vapor hitting the silicon directly.

I'm careful not to fill up the bowl chamber to the brim. The stock screen hasn't fallen off once when used this way.

Agreed with the comments on the hot vapor. I only use the Go with a beaker bong or jar bong.

rozroz

i got one unit that suddenly has no battery life, like after one use after charging - the light flashes and heat turns off and cant heat up again.
i presume the battery is busted after one year of decent use... ?
lucky i got another one, but now i fear this will happen again..
anyone had this?

Endless Interim

i got one unit that suddenly has no battery life, like after one use after charging - the light flashes and heat turns off and cant heat up again.
i presume the battery is busted after one year of decent use... ?
lucky i got another one, but now i fear this will happen again..
anyone had this?
I am new to the vape world and this is what I fear with the electronic devices.So far I have bought a dab rig with a bunch of adapters and a Dynavap.In a moment I am going to order an ELEV8R and a Sticky Brick.Everytime I start to order an electronic vaporizer I get cold feet and cancel it.

Endless Interim,

west-elec

I am new to the vape world and this is what I fear with the electronic devices.So far I have bought a dab rig with a bunch of adapters and a Dynavap.In a moment I am going to order an ELEV8R and a Sticky Brick.Everytime I start to order an electronic vaporizer I get cold feet and cancel it.
Get one with a replaceable battery and your feet can stay warm knowing they are cheap to replace.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@rozroz and @Endless Interim
I see Lithium batteries as part of the cost of enjoying the ride, and some enjoy the ride enough to gladly amortize the cost over the life of a given device. A $60 Go lasting for a year is less than 17 cents/day. Seems very little compared to the typical cost of flower to put in it.

Yes, replaceable batteries are nice and a/c power is great, but it's also nice to have so many portable choices on the market. I also have vapes with removeable batteries, but I do enjoy both kinds!
I had a Mighty last for 4 years and replaced it with new one for $280. That's less than 20 cents/day, and Mighty can be powered by a/c after batteries are shot.

[@Endless Interim! do not ever, ever, buy a Grasshopper! ]

rozroz

I see Lithium batteries as part of the cost of enjoying the ride, and some enjoy the ride enough to gladly amortize the cost over the life of a given device. A $60 Go lasting for a year is less than 17 cents/day. Seems very little compared to the typical cost of flower to put in it.

Yes, replaceable batteries are nice and a/c power is great, but it's also nice to have so many portable choices on the market. I also have vapes with removeable batteries, but I do enjoy both kinds!
I had a Mighty last for 4 years and replaced it with new one for $280. That's less than 20 cents/day, and Mighty can be powered by a/c after batteries are shot.

i agree that for 60$ for daily year use this is not bad, i was just wondering if this was a common problem with the Vleaf..

vapviking

Old & In the Way
i agree that for 60$ for daily year use this is not bad, i was just wondering if this was a common problem with the Vleaf..
I don't see it as common Go problem; it happens to every battery powered device, right? The number of battery charge cycles is finite. A friend of mine had to replace the batteries in her Prius!

And now that I think about it, I did change the 2 batteries in that old Mighty about 3 yrs in, and so should have added that to the per-day figure I mentioned above.

vapviking,

rozroz

I don't see it as common Go problem; it happens to every battery powered device, right? The number of battery charge cycles is finite. A friend of mine had to replace the batteries in her Prius!

And now that I think about it, I did change the 2 batteries in that old Mighty about 3 yrs in, and so should have added that to the per-day figure I mentioned above.
i dunno, after a year of fairly decent use, seems rather fast even for 60 $

Endless Interim

Thanks.Yeah,it is just a matter of time before I buy one.But I know what will happen....one will turn into two then two will turn into three:lol: and so on.And the Grasshopper I have read about its issues which is too bad as it is very appealing.

Endless Interim,

rozroz

Hot vapes where the battery is close to heat source are always bad on batteries. Heat is a big factor in battery life.
if that was the case, all the glass users who put the Vleaf to the max would have battery issues much sooner..
i used it mainly on green.

west-elec

if that was the case, all the glass users who put the Vleaf to the max would have battery issues much sooner..
i used it mainly on green.
I'm not saying you won't get a reasonable lifespan, but batteries exposed to high temps won't last as long, compared with a battery run cool.
It has been a huge issue for Grasshopper people for many years, and short battery life is a known tradeoff for such small form factor and powerful hits.

rozroz

I'm not saying you won't get a reasonable lifespan, but batteries exposed to high temps won't last as long, compared with a battery run cool.
It has been a huge issue for Grasshopper people for many years, and short battery life is a known tradeoff for such small form factor and powerful hits.
of course it's something to consider, and i didn't say that 60$ a year is not a fair price, ;)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, once again I'm finding the Go a worthy substitute for the 'ol hopper io.
One io, purchased new almost a year ago, has had 5 breakdowns. Even bought a 'spare body' and that's gone bad (that's one of the 5 claims).
One Go, received 14 months ago, has not failed once. I bought a second Go way back on Black Friday sale and still have not used it.

Been getting exactly 4 hits per chamber, on green; seems like very thorough extraction. I'm using a small water piece, dry.
Even on green temp, I find it can get near-combustion if I lay on the power button for a long hit, so I release the button sooner in that case.
When battery gets low (near the end of 3rd chamber now), I'll sometimes go up to yellow temp to finish it.

Choices

Vivant, like many manufacturers, runs several sales during the year. Waiting until the 42% off sale gets you one for a bit over $40. I plan to buy several next time they are on sale to give out as gifts to smoking friends. It is simple to use and the heat hasn't bothered anyone i know coming directly from smoking to vaping.Full disclosure: one I currently own did sit discharged for some time (6+ months) and was acting odd when I recently charged it but it seems to have remedied itself. So there is some level of "use it or lose it" perhaps?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Vivant, like many manufacturers, runs several sales during the year. Waiting until the 42% off sale gets you one for a bit over $40. I plan to buy several next time they are on sale to give out as gifts to smoking friends. It is simple to use and the heat hasn't bothered anyone i know coming directly from smoking to vaping.Full disclosure: one I currently own did sit discharged for some time (6+ months) and was acting odd when I recently charged it but it seems to have remedied itself. So there is some level of "use it or lose it" perhaps?
Yeah, I got the 420 deal on the Go just to try it out and already snagged a second one lightly used to give to a friend. Apart from the vanishingly short plastic vapor path, unstable screen, and meh battery it's hard to knock it. And even with those quirks there's no better convection hit for $40 if you have any glass to give it a proper vapor path.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
GO has the best performance/cost ratio of any device I own.
S&B Vapes are my choices for cloud production
MV1 for flavor extraction
Legacy for ‘not-a-damn-thing’ terrific battery life, makes weed taste like an ash tray, removes all terps.
IMHO, so who asked? :lol:

Top Bottom