• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

Vivant Customer Service

#Vivant Manufacturer Rep
Company Rep
vvt-4.jpg

Hello friends, our website has fixed already. Please use code "vivant25" to get 25% off on our website. Thanks for all your support all the time.

OF

Please use code "vivant25" to get 25% off on our website. Thanks for all your support all the time.

Since you asked so politely, I feel safe in saying we'd be most happy too! Only good manners you know? And thank you for offering such excellent products at such modest prices. We're all looking forward to your next effort.

Regards to all.

OF

JoeMama

I just got miry GO today. So this is what microdosing is!
Up til now (most recently) I’ve been hitting the Hopper IO thru water, and that’s been great but Im always compelled to get as much out of a single hit as possible because of the precious battery life. Big hits only.

The GO has a great feel, and it gives three or four respectably cloudy hits. It’s great to just be able to hit in smaller doses!

The only thing I would change is somehow making the mouthpiece cap better shaped to fit into a 14mm so it can support itself hands free.

And what a great price... Kudos!

OF

The only thing I would change is somehow making the mouthpiece cap better shaped to fit into a 14mm so it can support itself hands free.

And what a great price... Kudos!

That's easy to do, really. Slip a couple inch piece of 3/4 inch OD (5/8 ID) silicone tube over the 14mm GONG connector leaving an inch or so above the glass. The MP will wedge in nicely and grip very solidly. Works well with either male or female connectors (need a bit more force to go over the female, a bit of water helps.

Be sure to use the 'food grade' types rated to 450F of course.

IMO the MP is a good shape to fit your mouth, I wouldn't want to change it much if at all.

Glad you like yours, it's a treat for sure. And somewhat less expensive than GH? If battery life becomes an issue, just get another. I run two and no longer fear not recharging in a timely manner since the other is charged, loaded, and ready to go.

Regards to all.

OF

JoeMama

Hi from Vivant, Green means 600℉,yellow means 625℉,red means 650℉.. And what materials do you want to know?
Hello... I'm a new user, and I'm a bit confused as to how those temps can be so high... The vaping temps for cannabis (for example) is 325º-430ºF. The Hopper IO temperature range is 356º to 446ºF. Combustion starts around 451ºF.

Could you clarify this please?

OF

Hello... I'm a new user, and I'm a bit confused as to how those temps can be so high... The vaping temps for cannabis (for example) is 325º-430ºF. The Hopper IO temperature range is 356º to 446ºF. Combustion starts around 451ºF.

Could you clarify this please?

It's true. Not only are the reported temperatures higher than you might expect, but they're dependent on draw rate. Pull slower and incoming air cools it less and the heater gets hotter still while using the same power. The temperatures are only estimates of what is happening.

The key is this really is a convection vape, unlike many who claim to be or be 'hybrids' which are really conduction (heat enters the load by conduction). Here there is no physical connection between that 'very hot' oven and the load, conduction can't happen fast enough to heat the load enough to make useful vapor. Instead, air is drawn in and heated to MORE than 400F. MORE. It then enters the load as you hit where it heats the load (cooling off in the process). Once it cools to 400F or so it's done all the useful work it can and escapes 'up the spout' along with the vapor at that temperature.

It takes a bit of learning to control the transfer. Unlike typical vapes harder hitting draws more heat in and makes more vapor. Potentially too much. And there's no 'heat soak' advantage like in most vapes. Stop the draw and the heat transfer instantly stops with it.

If you've never used a real convection vape (like say VGs or TV) you're in for a treat. For fifty bucks you can find out if this truly different sort of vape is for you. Many of us are firm believers. But make up your own mind?

Regards to all.

OF

JoeMama

It's true. Not only are the reported temperatures higher than you might expect, but they're dependent on draw rate. Pull slower and incoming air cools it less and the heater gets hotter still while using the same power. The temperatures are only estimates of what is happening.

The key is this really is a convection vape, unlike many who claim to be or be 'hybrids' which are really conduction (heat enters the load by conduction). Here there is no physical connection between that 'very hot' oven and the load, conduction can't happen fast enough to heat the load enough to make useful vapor. Instead, air is drawn in and heated to MORE than 400F. MORE. It then enters the load as you hit where it heats the load (cooling off in the process). Once it cools to 400F or so it's done all the useful work it can and escapes 'up the spout' along with the vapor at that temperature.

It takes a bit of learning to control the transfer. Unlike typical vapes harder hitting draws more heat in and makes more vapor. Potentially too much. And there's no 'heat soak' advantage like in most vapes. Stop the draw and the heat transfer instantly stops with it.

If you've never used a real convection vape (like say VGs or TV) you're in for a treat. For fifty bucks you can find out if this truly different sort of vape is for you. Many of us are firm believers. But make up your own mind?

Regards to all.

OF
Thank you for that info, much appreciated!

I guess it makes some sense from that perspective. As I'd mentioned, I use the Hopper IO, and it's a beast (so far), and is also pure convection. I like the GO for the microdosing aspect. IMO, it's a great convection vape at a great price. It's like "Hopper Lite", which suits me just fine.

OF

Thank you for that info, much appreciated!

I guess it makes some sense from that perspective. As I'd mentioned, I use the Hopper IO, and it's a beast (so far), and is also pure convection. I like the GO for the microdosing aspect. IMO, it's a great convection vape at a great price. It's like "Hopper Lite", which suits me just fine.

Yer welcome, of course.

Hopper is the same sort of deal. Only more expensive and less reliable? Notice that both Hopper and Go have arbitrary heat settings, not specific temperatures in degrees? Given the dependence on heated air to heat the load (where the user is a big factor which can't be predicted) it's not possible to offer such precision with convection vapes. Another clue that claims of 'we really are conduction' and 'it uses hybrid heating technology (both conduction and convection at the same time) are not real if such heat control (in degrees) is offered. Real convection is something entirely different. There is no 'hybrid'. Convection is different technology, not really compatible. Not for everyone, of course, but IMO worth considering for at least part time use?

Regards to all.

OF

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hopper is the same sort of deal. Only more expensive and less reliable? Notice that both Hopper and Go have arbitrary heat settings, not specific temperatures in degrees?
I agree with your comparison, as it relates to convection principle.

Both Hopper and Go do have published temp values, but simplified on the device. I also agree that all of those values go out the window when you use the thing! These two at least make some attempt at regulation, compared to say, a Milaana, which only has 'on' or 'off' state and the user has to aquire more skill and timing to use it properly.

The Hopper io has been an improvement over the previous Grasshopper, imo, and reliability (anecdotally) seems better than before. The hoppers clearly have some 'value-added', qualitative advantages over the Go, in materials, quality of build, the feel in the hand (tactile qualities). Some still value and like to support the 'made in USA' label. It is assembled in US, with some vital parts also made in-house, like the heater and circuit board.

I use both an io and a Go practically interchangeably, so go figgur. I have also been more willing to suggest/recommend the Go than the io, even recently, so there's that...

floribud

I have a little JackyGirl (Jack Herrer/Girl Scout Cookies) kief. This stuff has some crazy lemon-lime flavor, like a Sprite. It's not really complex, just an over the top lime feel with just a hint of mint. I've been trying to figure out the best to enjoy the kief. At $30gram it's cheaper than other concentrates, but for a while I was struggling to fine a good way to ingest it to get out all the flavor so it tasted as good as whole flower

GO to the rescue!

The GO has such a tiny bowl, it turns out it's perfect for keif. I had two 6-7 second hits through a J-Hook and it just as flavorful as the flower, but one puff seem to hit like 3 puffs of the flower. The flavor is so good I want more, but it's way too early on a Tuesday to be that far out of my head.

If you have a source of good kief around(even your grinder), I highly recommend the GO as a kief delivery vehicle. The fact that you can pull out the heater and give it an iso-bath if the kief ever falls down into the heater makes it even better.

Coombs

I just picked one of these up as replacement while my Hopper is waiting for a warranty part. I’m finding it way to easy to combust with this thing. Should it have been this easy to do in the hopper as a comparison? Cause I didn’t once. Should a bong hit be limited to one per bowl? I just did one on medium heat and I combusted on the second hit.

First one was a huge one as well. Flavour was not good IMO but for 50 bucks I’m not complaining. This combusting thing though has to go!

OF

Should a bong hit be limited to one per bowl? I just did one on medium heat and I combusted on the second hit.
I think this question is really subjective. Depends on you, the herb and so on. For some of us, a few hits per bowl seems 'right'. You'll have to make that call.

WRT combustion, yes since it's not temperature controlled (as seen by the load) it's entirely possible to combust. I suggest you do two things, switch to LOW power (until you sort it out) and back off on the draw (which is what is pulling heat into the load. Taste will improve if you do so. Slow, steady draw does the trick. As it heats you can taste the vapor......slow down until you learn what that means. You can then, once it's cooled a bit, you can start the draw again. Just don't get carried away with it until you learn how to control the little fellow?

Regards to all.

OF

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I’m finding it way to easy to combust with this thing.
I agree with OF that you need to spend a little more time dialing in technique. Maybe leave the water use aside for the moment. Go slow, on 'green', low heat. When you feel nice, warm vapor coming through, learn to shut the device off and ride that heat to it's end, or, for an extra long draw, you can just pulse it on again for a bit.
Don't count on its own regulation to do it all. In this way it is similar to, but not as difficult to master, as the unregulated vapes (Milaana, etc.). You have to exert some control/restraint and back off the power at some point, unless you really like black abv and crappy taste...

Some say over-packing can also lead to near-combustion...I'm not so sure on that one.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I agree with OF that you need to spend a little more time dialing in technique. Maybe leave the water use aside for the moment. Go slow, on 'green', low heat. When you feel nice, warm vapor coming through, learn to shut the device off and ride that heat to it's end, or, for an extra long draw, you can just pulse it on again for a bit.
Don't count on its own regulation to do it all. In this way it is similar to, but not as difficult to master, as the unregulated vapes (Milaana, etc.). You have to exert some control/restraint and back off the power at some point, unless you really like black abv and crappy taste...

Some say over-packing can also lead to near-combustion...I'm not so sure on that one.
i stopped having issues with that and the screen coming off when i stopped overpacking (back when i still had this device)

Sour Dream,
Reactions: spindle

Ripstar

I, at first, thought this thing got too hot on the tip. This thing through a bong or as a wpa, is frickin awesome. It comes in handy a lot for a great session! Glad I didn't sell it.

floribud

I just picked one of these up as replacement while my Hopper is waiting for a warranty part. I’m finding it way to easy to combust with this thing. Should it have been this easy to do in the hopper as a comparison? Cause I didn’t once. Should a bong hit be limited to one per bowl? I just did one on medium heat and I combusted on the second hit.

First one was a huge one as well. Flavour was not good IMO but for 50 bucks I’m not complaining. This combusting thing though has to go!
The only time I've compusted is if I use session mode. Session mode IMHO is useless, wouldn't even be necessary if it worked. I mean the thing is basically instant on.

Anyway, I always use low at first, but I get plenty of clouds (through the j-hook or bong). You might be over packing it. I really never use more than .07g. If you pack it too tight I barely remember, from the first day. But I may have over packed it once and got combustion in on-demand mode, but never since the first day (if not enough heat can escape it might combust). Medium to Coarse grind, loose pack, and it's prefect every time.

Coombs

The only time I've compusted is if I use session mode. Session mode IMHO is useless, wouldn't even be necessary if it worked. I mean the thing is basically instant on.
100% agree with this. Was using session mode last night for ease of use with a bong but I’m thinking 30 seconds of continuous heat with this thing is just crazy. I never got to the full 30 and easily combusted within that time.

I’ve been using it with a hydro tube today on medium heat and using the button with a few seconds of release every 5-10 seconds and it is working really well for me. Flavour of the first pull is improved for me as well. Not great by any standard but not horrible either.

Top Bottom