Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

Baron23

@Kfirrer that is fantastic work!

Although as a manufacturer we do not recommend doing this for many reasons with the biggest being puncturing the Li-ion battery which can be very dangerous. I am sure you are aware of this but this is a general note for everyone who wants to tinker and customize. Make sure you have the knowledge and research with a thought out plan before tearing things apart.

That said your project is very creative and we want to send you a new Vleaf Go for your efforts. I will message you here.

We are in fact working on a box style Vleaf Go (2/pro?) with a removable battery very similar to your work and some of the comments here. Still in the early stages.

A question for you and everyone here is what would you like improved and changed on the second version of the Vleaf Go? Specifically bigger battery capacity/removable or more power? We will also improve the mouthpiece cooling. Let me know what you guys think as this product was made based on a lot of feedback. We will try our best to improve it while keeping the device affordable. -Vivant R&D
I too think its outstanding that you gave @Kfirrer a Go. Just outstanding and IMO Vivant has been very attentive and friendly to the community.

I too would like larger battery capacity and replaceable would be outstanding.

I do not want dual batteries. This a small, light, budget friendly portable and I would hate to see it grow into a heavy and much more expensive device.

So, I feel the same about adding display....kind of want to keep it simple, light, and cheap.

Yes, the MP def needs improvement, IMO, and I think Vivant can do this easily. Basic form is just fine...I like that it fits a water rig without any adapters and I like the pen clip/poker type thingy. Just fix the silicon air cooler and mesh/ring and I would be fine, personally.

My only other comments were on documentation and I have provided them already....quickly, they are; 1) document stealth mode...that one had me going for a bit and; 2) document the temp change correctly. Double click gets you into temp change mode and does not, the first time, change temp. Once in temp mode, then subsequent serial double clicks cycle through the pre-set temps.

Please do keep it at the same or similar price point. I think this is important and I really enjoy having a decent vape that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Cheers

OF

We are in fact working on a box style Vleaf Go (2/pro?) with a removable battery very similar to your work and some of the comments here. Still in the early stages.

A question for you and everyone here is what would you like improved and changed on the second version of the Vleaf Go?

Excellent news. While Go is an excellent product, 'improvement' is always worth considering.

As I think I've said earlier on, being color blind the 'battery level' indication is basically useless to me. I think a big improvement would be to flash the display instead/as well. Say one flash for nearly dead to say 4 for 'fully charged'? This would also allow users to follow a routine like 'when it gets to two flashes, bump the power up to compensate for the cooler heater'.

Thanks for the good work, please keep it up, I've still got some money left......

OF

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Vivant
Wish list for me would be improved internals for the mouthpiece (notably, the screen system).
Maybe a slightly larger chamber? :nod:
Please don't take away the "built in funnel" or the poker tool.
I am not color deficient, but I have trouble seeing any of the lights when outdoors in the sun and it becomes a lot of guesswork.
I am not as attached to a removable battery, though a little bigger capacity would be nice. Having several vapes/box mods with swap-able batteries, it feels at times like I'm spending a lot of time tending the charger, moving batteries around and 'tracking' them. I am enjoying the Go's simple 'plug it in often' ease of charging option and will certainly be buying another Go pretty soon to enhance the convenience factor.
Keeping price down allows an owner to have multiple Go's, not necessarily multiple batteries.
There is also enhanced safety with internal batteries; far less handling that can potentially damage the battery cover, etc.

Though I'm saying yes to bigger battery and bigger chamber, I would be disappointed if the device grew much bigger than it presently is.

Maybe the shift could be to 2 new designs, employing & improving the proven tech and strong points? One smaller, keeping all the current features (still have to improve the screen!) and the other larger with replaceable battery, etc.

Kfirrer

WOW!
Thank you Vivant!:clap:
I really appreciate your kind gift and positive feedback.😊

So glad to read you have an 18650 version under development that can unleash the full capability of this simple yet amazing oven design.
It would be great to have these functions-

*Replaceable 18650 battery(only 1,keeping the vape small)
*Better cooling for the mouthpiece
*Type C charging
*Magnetic mouthpiece
*Better LED management
*Aluminium body(not Zink alloy-too heavy)

Again,Thank you Vivant, and to everyone here:cheers:

Dathlos

Some questions of mine have been answered since last post;

- The charge light just turns off at full charge. red -> off = full charge
- You can absolutely pass-through vape, and I now run it tethered via usb to my computer at my desk.

I've also found that the performance is just as good when you shove in an ungrinded nug, big rips and even extraction. I might actually prefer it this way if I'm out and about, less hassle about grinding.

Will report back with more research, but I'm really liking this sucker so far, the one drawback is battery power.

The consumer option would to keep it cheap at 50$ and buy two. The enthusiast option is to do a little electrical work.

@Kfirrer The version you made with the pico75w, was it complex running the pos + neg wires on the heater into the female 510? It looks like you somehow capped it with the wires inbetween. PicoLeaf 18650Leaf
(and do you have the 3d designs for both the pico75w housing and the plain 18650 housing? I happen to own a 3d printer and... would like to see that)

Last edited:

floribud

Maybe the shift could be to 2 new designs, employing & improving the proven tech and strong points? One smaller, keeping all the current features (still have to improve the screen!) and the other larger with replaceable battery, etc.

Love this idea Vleaf Pro (Leaf Box) with removable battery, better display, yet it can still scoop and stir...maybe a bigger bowl. Then just work on an improved mouthpiece with hopefully better cooling but definitely a screen that doesn't keep falling off... the "Vleaf Go +"?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@Vivant - I would also love to see some more cooling options without having to use water. Like some longer stem options, maybe a cooling spiral inside like the FM Cap or the Simrell Vortex (for vapcaps). I would have no problem paying for these additional options in order to keep price where it is.

Thanks for encouraging our feedback! We are a needy (opinionated) group that likes to be heard :nod:

Kfirrer

- You can absolutely pass-through vape, and I now run it tethered via usb to my computer at my desk.

I've also found that the performance is just as good when you shove in an ungrinded nug, big rips and even extraction. I might actually prefer it this way if I'm out and about, less hassle about grinding.

Will report back with more research, but I'm really liking this sucker so far, the one drawback is battery power.

The consumer option would to keep it cheap at 50$ and buy two. The enthusiast option is to do a little electrical work.

@Kfirrer The version you made with the pico75w, was it complex running the pos + neg wires on the heater into the female 510? It looks like you somehow capped it with the wires inbetween. PicoLeaf 18650Leaf
(and do you have the 3d designs for both the pico75w housing and the plain 18650 housing? I happen to own a 3d printer and... would like to see that)
You have to drill a side hole for new wires. it was a pain to do.also you have to repress the fire button every 8-10 seconds...not ideal.
My 3d file for the Pico75w is far from perfect... If you wish i can send you the newer version(Vleaf Go2).-add an 18650 cell(buy a spot welded one) and glue together.PM me if you want the file.
My experience is that The original Vleaf Go PCB is the best option for this heater.

Last edited:
Kfirrer,
Reactions: OF

spindle

The most unique attribute of the Go is the capability to microdose. Like Troy said (https://420vapezone.com/vivant-vleaf-go/) - being great at microdosing is one of the top features of the Go, and what separates it from the rest of the pack. It's also very simple to use, and easy to maintain. Another huge plus.

TL;DR: It's the microdosing, stupid.

spindle,
Reactions: Vivant

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Has anyone else noticed a slight increase in draw resistance after months of Go'ing? (how's that for a verb - it's even capitalized!)

I've cleaned everything that is clean-able, even ran some compressed air through the heater assembly. I suspect that over time some clog develops in that part (shades of the Grasshopper in this department...) since all the other parts "test" very open; trying to draw through the heater ceramic (when it is out of the Go, of course) feels more restricted than any of the other parts.
I may try ordering/installing new heater, see what that does, just thought I'd run this by the group...

b0

Cloudy...
For the pro, I would be happy with a bit more battery, replaceable if posible and improve the airpath in the mouthpiece maybe with a coil or something easy to take out and drop in ISO to clean.

DONT MAKE THE BOWL BIGGER, WE HAVE PLENTY OF VAPES FOR THAT AND THIS ONE IS PERFECT WITH THAT BOWL. And I have a HUGE tolerance because of daily dabbing, but I enjoy taking this out and just getting a nice relaxing high <3

Brilliant job so far tho, has been at least one year without buying any new vapes until I saw the VleafGo and couldn't resist

Last edited:

Joe

@Vivant @Vivant Customer Service @VIVANT.Aaron

Please keep the tiny bowl! That's what I love most about it! That and it's tiny discretion, looking like a vape pen, along with its great little heater, make this one really easy to bring along.

Although I do plug it in to a small USB power bank after every bowl (which isn't bad), it still beats any of my other options for out and about, in public.

For that reason, I say battery capacity is at top of my list of improvements, followed by keeping price point, and closely by advanced cooling, while keeping the mouthpiece small.

Please leave the built in scoop and mouthpiece digger-outer (?).

Everything else is perfect!

Dathlos

Hey guys, so I went ahead and ordered a portable powerbank, but this one accepts 18650's. I'm finding that performance can be maintained at max battery levels if you leave it hooked to your computer, so I went further and got a bank to tether the vape to.

X-Tar PB2 (2 Bay 18650 Battery Powerbank/Charger)

Since this is an enthusiast forum for cannabis vapes, I imagine a good majority of you use 18650 batteries. This means as long as you have 18650's and don't mind efficiency loss, you can keep the Vleaf Go topped off even for long camping trips. You just need to slow down your vaping speed to maybe a good 4-5 sessions (triple clicks) every 30 minutes so that the battery stays at max.

I've been able to run this in place of my Vapcap & Conduction heater, without really feeling the need to grab it unless I'm taking big herb wax combo hits. Hell, the GO does concentrate (I used decently large dabs, maybe .2) sandwiches very well, enough to fill a dab rig 4 times with thick vapor with 4 triple clicks. At Red, the abv is similar to the vapcap's, exceptionally dark, but very risky chance of combustion if you don't watch yourself.

Vapcap (3 cycles) vs. Vleaf GO (2 orange sessions, 1 red session)

I'm beginning to suspect I'm not the core demographic for this vaporizer lmao

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
Hey guys, so I went ahead and ordered a portable powerbank, but this one accepts 18650's. I'm finding that performance can be maintained at max battery levels if you leave it hooked to your computer, so I went further and got a bank to tether the vape to.

X-Tar PB2 (2 Bay 18650 Battery Powerbank/Charger)

Since this is an enthusiast forum for cannabis vapes, I imagine a good majority of you use 18650 batteries. This means as long as you have 18650's and don't mind efficiency loss, you can keep the Vleaf Go topped off even for long camping trips. You just need to slow down your vaping speed to maybe a good 4-5 sessions (triple clicks) every 30 minutes so that the battery stays at max.

I've been able to run this in place of my Vapcap & Conduction heater, without really feeling the need to grab it unless I'm taking big herb wax combo hits. Hell, the GO does concentrate (I used decently large dabs, maybe .2) sandwiches very well, enough to fill a dab rig 4 times with thick vapor with 4 triple clicks. At Red, the abv is similar to the vapcap's, exceptionally dark, but very risky chance of combustion if you don't watch yourself.

Vapcap (3 cycles) vs. Vleaf GO (2 orange sessions, 1 red session)

I'm beginning to suspect I'm not the core demographic for this vaporizer lmao

Second link isn't working for me :)

spindle

I tried what I now refer to as the "Dathlos Method," and can attest that it works well with the Go!

I took one piece of bud the size of three or four peas, compressed it with my fingers into a roundish shape, and placed it in the Go's chamber. It vaporized as ground flower would.
BUT, when it yielded no more puffs, used the GO cap to crush and stir, and got several more hits.

With ground flower, I usually get only one additional puff at most after stirring, sometimes none. With the Dathlos Method I got several, two or three significant hits.
Note that this is for less than half chamber of material. Of course using ground flower would yield more hits before the mid session stir.

Practical difference?

Old method requires grinding the flower before placing it in the chamber. I don't use a grinder, and this step takes several minutes, and also scooping to get the material into the chamber.

Dathlos Method - place the pinched nug into the chamber, no grinding. Time required - only seconds, not minutes. Less fuss using one solid piece of bud vs. ground.
When no more hits, a quick stir of the now dry and brittle nug, which took less than a minute, yielded more puffs.

My guess is the solid nug method is just as efficient, but for my vape-flow, more efficient, at least with regard to time and effort involved. Likely it is as efficient - in terms of use of material with the mid session stir factored in. For those of you that grind your bud or use pre-ground, there's no benefit. For my needs, saving a few minutes up front is useful!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I tried what I now refer to as the "Dathlos Method," and can attest that it works well with the Go!

I took one piece of bud the size of three or four peas, compressed it with my fingers into a roundish shape, and placed it in the Go's chamber. It vaporized as ground flower would.
BUT, when it yielded no more puffs, used the GO cap to crush and stir, and got several more hits.

With ground flower, I usually get only one additional puff at most after stirring, sometimes none. With the Dathlos Method I got several, two or three significant hits.
Note that this is for less than half chamber of material. Of course using ground flower would yield more hits before the mid session stir.

Practical difference?

Old method requires grinding the flower before placing it in the chamber. I don't use a grinder, and this step takes several minutes, and also scooping to get the material into the chamber.

Dathlos Method - place the pinched nug into the chamber, no grinding. Time required - only seconds, not minutes. Less fuss using one solid piece of bud vs. ground.
When no more hits, a quick stir of the now dry and brittle nug, which took less than a minute, yielded more puffs.

My guess is the solid nug method is just as efficient, but for my vape-flow, more efficient, at least with regard to time and effort involved. Likely it is as efficient - in terms of use of material with the mid session stir factored in. For those of you that grind your bud or use pre-ground, there's no benefit. For my needs, saving a few minutes up front is useful!
Folks have been doing this (just a small nug) for quite a while, more so with convection vapes (a la Grasshopper, for one). As you say, personal preference whether to do it or not! I find that grinding gives more consistent results (I tend to fill up the bottom so I have a whole batch of uniform mix) - and I like to mix strains with the grinder, too.
For a quick taste sample of a strain, popping a nug in is the way to go! Or is it Go?

I would be interested to hear from @Vivant on this topic.

There is, I suppose, a chance that this method degrades the internal battery more quickly than a more conservative charging regimen. The counter argument being, "So what! who cares?"

In my understanding, there are varying degrees of interpretation of exactly what "pass-thru" operation means. The Go may only be charging in-between uses, or in between fire button activation (which sounds more likely to me).

In one other interpretation of "pass through", the Go would need to be charging whether powered up or not, enough so that it would, theoretically, never run down even in full time use? The power delivered via usb to the Go is almost certainly not enough to fire the heater for continual use.

The Mighty vape's manual says it can be powered by A/C adapter even when the battery is totally depleted. In use it will gain charge even while taking bong hits BUT even Mighty is NOT charging and heating at the same time. If heater is on (temp reading going up) the charge bars do not move. If set temp is reached, the chrge bars blink. I think this is why they avoid calling it "pass-thru" charging.

I guess this is mostly about semantics.

All this said, I like your 18650 power bank use. But I also think maybe just having multiple Go's in the arsenal means you could always have fresh power!

Dathlos

In my understanding, there are varying degrees of interpretation of exactly what "pass-thru" operation means. The Go may only be charging in-between uses, or in between fire button activation (which sounds more likely to me).

There has to be some kind of power running from the computer ->battery->vape from my experience. The USB is not powering the vape directly during the hit, but it is charging the battery during the hit. Try it yourself, hook it up to the wall and then use a triple click. You'll notice that the red charging light is separate from the Green/Yellow/Red firing lights, but both remain on. Infact, when I take a hit from a fully charged vape that's tethered, both the charging light and the firing light go online at once, so you get a muddy green, dark yellow, and dark/bright red instead of the normal colors.

If nothing else, it helps the forgetful mind from having an empty GO when I want a hoot.

@b0 Also sorry for shit lighting, I took it at like 2am after a good number of loads lmao, left is vapcap, right is GO

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just found another useful function for the Go.
I used it as a scoop to fill the Mighty!

...but then, while I was at it, I filled the Go, to have a quick bowl while waiting for wife to share the Mighty...

I've been using a very small in-line bubbler (dDave's ultimate cooling unit) - just dry - and finishing a Go bowl in 2 or 3 very tasty hits.

Top Bottom