Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Excellent, thanks for the feedback, glad you like it. IMO there's a lot to like for the modest price.

Interesting WRT the GH. If you don't mind, could you please expand on one verses the other? I think a lot of those who fault Go for heat, taste, etc. lack this perspective? I think a lot of that 'comes with the territory when we want a truly small convection vape.

TIA

OF
I'd like to experience the Go some more before a lot of comparison, but yes, I will make some more comments on Go v Grasshopper and I believe others will too, as word about the Go spreads. I think that ultimately the mods would prefer in-depth comparisons to be in dedicated thread(s) though I don't want to dissect that far myself.
In fairness, Hopper Labs is releasing Hopper.io right now (sort of) and maybe that should be the comparison?

First and most obvious though is price.
I just got the Go for $56, delivered, using a code plus free shipping and for some reason I was not charged sales tax. (shipped from CA to NY, odd...).
Grasshoppers just went UP in price to a base level of $265, plus tax, or, over $280 to me -- exactly FIVE Go's.
One bizarre move (among many) is the price increase of Grasshopper, as it is now same as the all-new Hopper.io. It seems they don't want anyone to buy the og model? Or something?

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
That's not my understanding of what happens. Your browser, not FC, makes the request to the server. My browser, a different IP address, makes the same request. As I understand it there's no way for the server to single out requests that started as a result of FC (again, the request is from my browser using my IP address). I'm certainly no expert on such things, but an expert explained it to me that way.......

Whatever's going on it suckith mightily.

Glad you're happy, I sure am. Besides, @Vicki likes it?

I do still like it a lot!

OF

Yep, sure was....is...not documented...wtf really knows.

But, that's what Vivant said and it worked for me.

They also said they were considering defeating the function in future units, which I hope they do not do. IMO a useful feature (or they'd never have gone to the trouble to put it in). Better to correct the 'manual' to cover this and while they're at it clear up the confusion on two clicks to change heat ranges?

Regards to all.

OF

vapeverythingnyc

Finally decided to pull the trigger on one of these for the wife...

AND...

...out of stock everywhere but ddave and I don’t need his mods for this one. I’d rather wait and use the 20% off code posted earlier in the thread.

@Vivant @Vivantvape @Vivant Customer Service any idea when we can expect a restock? Will there be any notable changes to new stock? Will the 20% off coupons from early reviewers still work? Thanks!

vapviking

Old & In the Way

AND...

...out of stock everywhere but ddave and I don’t need his mods for this one. I’d rather wait and use the 20% off code posted earlier in the thread.

@Vivant @Vivantvape @Vivant Customer Service any idea when we can expect a restock? Will there be any notable changes to new stock? Will the 20% off coupons from early reviewers still work? Thanks!
Waiting for discount might be prudent BUT;

One of the dDave mods is one you might actually want. It's custom sized screens that solve a very annoying problem. I ordered them separately (set of 3 titanium) and total, shipped , was $11. so, $56 (discount price) plus $11 and I'm in for $67. The water tool is only a couple of bucks adder at that point.

dDave was o/s on the Go when I shopped, with no combo deal like this offered or I'd I've done the deal with him.

It can be so easy to justify spending other people's money sometimes! Good luck.

Baron23

They also said they were considering defeating the function in future units, which I hope they do not do. IMO a useful feature (or they'd never have gone to the trouble to put it in). Better to correct the 'manual' to cover this and while they're at it clear up the confusion on two clicks to change heat ranges?

Regards to all.

OF
Yes, I agree completely. Just put a frakin line about it in their little bitty manual...that seems by far the easiest thing.

And absolutely need a correction on the temp change button sequence.

I'm with you on these...or you are with me...or, we are together on this, or....hahaha

Cheers

One of the dDave mods is one you might actually want.

I agree completely.....his little bitty screens are a great solution to the one significant issue with this vape.

However, I would still like to see Vivant redesign the MP to eliminate the "air cooler and ring/mesh" as they are currently configured. Lose the silicone and come up with a MP screen that will stay in place and yet be easy to clean/replace.

Cheers

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Yes, I agree completely. Just put a frakin line about it in their little bitty manual...that seems by far the easiest thing.

And absolutely need a correction on the temp change button sequence.

I'm with you on these...or you are with me...or, we are together on this, or....hahaha

Cheers

I agree completely.....his little bitty screens are a great solution to the one significant issue with this vape.

However, I would still like to see Vivant redesign the MP to eliminate the "air cooler and ring/mesh" as they are currently configured. Lose the silicone and come up with a MP screen that will stay in place and yet be easy to clean/replace.

Cheers
They need a mp like the ghost where it can mix air and cool the hottest hits:tup:

Custom Flower Hardware,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I agree that mouthpiece situation should be re-thought. A variety could be easily presented. I was thinking that a dedicated wpa shape might be desirable; the conic shape of the current mp is not a great fit in glass, even though it cleverly works in either 14 or 18mm glass.

That silicone air cooler thing seems at first a waste in terms of cooling the vapor delivered, and like, "hey get that silicone outta my airpath!" On the contrary I think it serves a different purpose, that being as insulation against heat making the mouthpiece itself unbearable. Because of this, the vapor is probably somewhat hotter than were it not there. For shielding the mp it is working very, very well when you consider size of the unit overall and temperatures being achieved very close to your mouth!

Again, the Grasshopper comparison. The Go is not as hot on the lips as hopper.

vapviking,

Baron23

I think it serves a different purpose, that being as insulation against heat making the mouthpiece itself unbearable.

Perhaps, but I have thought of it as nothing more than a stem on which to hang the ring and mesh.

We will see what they come up with.

Cheers

Baron23,
Reactions: OF

Vivant Customer Service

#Vivant Manufacturer Rep
Company Rep

AND...

Hey, the vleaf go will be available in next two weeks. The coupon codes are still work. Thanks for your interest and support.

vapeverythingnyc

Waiting for discount might be prudent BUT;

One of the dDave mods is one you might actually want. It's custom sized screens that solve a very annoying problem. I ordered them separately (set of 3 titanium) and total, shipped , was $11. so, $56 (discount price) plus $11 and I'm in for $67. The water tool is only a couple of bucks adder at that point.

dDave was o/s on the Go when I shopped, with no combo deal like this offered or I'd I've done the deal with him.

It can be so easy to justify spending other people's money sometimes! Good luck.

I have plenty of screens and water tools so the add ons would be redundant for me.

Hey, the vleaf go will be available in next two weeks. The coupon codes are still work. Thanks for your interest and support.
Sorry for double post, but it would be rude not to thank you for this information!

Last edited by a moderator:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So, here I am, back to back! And to make matters worse, quoting myself,
Again, the Grasshopper comparison. The Go is not as hot on the lips as hopper.

It's been brought to my attention that talking about non-topic vapes falls into "off-topic" territory (though mods do often let casual references slide...), so I'll be limiting the comparisons here.

I suppose a new thread might be in order, as-in Go vs (blank), but as I said earlier, in fairness to (blank), they are rolling a out a new version and maybe comparison should wait for that one to hit the market.

Meanwhile, several days in now and I'm still on the Go honeymoon. It's the first vape I've owned that has so many replaceable parts, even the chamber. Nice!

spindle

Some updates on my Go after a month of use!

- I posted a few days ago that the Go was unable to switch between heat modes. It is working now after a second charging cycle. Next time it happens (hope it won't) I'll make a video.

-Ddave's screen fell out (bad install on my part likely). I went back to stock screen and metal pod thing for now. Also, I'm not sure that the direct heat from the oven on the silicon is a good idea. This way I can see if usage is different - and can always go back. It was mentioned earlier that the metal pod like screen holder on the cap reduces the efficiency of the heater.

- The most significant room for improvement is battery life. I'll rectify that with the purchase of a second Go once they are back in stock. This way, in theory at least, there will always be one fully charged!
The Go makes a pinch go a long way!

Wishing everyone a happy Friday considering everything that is going on.

OF

Also, I'm not sure that the direct heat from the oven on the silicon is a good idea.

- The most significant room for improvement is battery life.

Wishing everyone a happy Friday considering everything that is going on.

I agree with the thought it might not be all that great a plan to remove what amounts to a heat shield for the rubber and eliminate the metal to metal seal for the bowl. Time will tell as more guys try it out? FWIW I'd be looking for changes at the mouth of the rubber?

Agreed, more battery life is always a welcome thing. But, if the exchange to get it means a bigger or more expensive vape? Two of the very strong features are it's small size and low price.

Agreed, Fridays are important to working folks. In the dark days when I was we used to refer to Thursday as 'Friday eve'.

Regards to all.

OF

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
A USB battery bank might be a good addition. Not sure how much smaller it is than two Go's though.

Does this really use a zirconia heater? Might have to gift one of these as an excuse to try it :D the microdose capacity is definitely appealing, I got the tolerance of the moon man lately :science: a small battery can even be a benefit for keeping tolerance down! :cool:

OF

A USB battery bank might be a good addition. Not sure how much smaller it is than two Go's though.

Does this really use a zirconia heater? Might have to gift one of these as an excuse to try it :D the microdose capacity is definitely appealing, I got the tolerance of the moon man lately :science: a small battery can even be a benefit for keeping tolerance down! :cool:

Yep, I did some testing specifically on this you might be interested in, it includes links to Amazon:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/v...tion-herb-vaporizer.48623/page-3#post-1459782

No, it has a SS heater, the part that gets hot. But the body of the heater is Zirconia (their claim, but it seems so to me based on my experiences with it, I don't think it's Aluminia. Two pieces, a rectangular body with the vents and a plate to cover the sixth side.

Unlike conduction vapes (even the ones claiming 'hybrid' it does very well with small doses and no packing at all. No magic, of course, you have to put it in to get it out, but Go will reliably extract and deliver whatever you give it to work with.

I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Regards to all.

OF

Top Bottom