Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

floribud

Sorry everyone for causing that derailment, but thanks for telling me about postimage.

Btw I'm having a hard time not recommending this as a beginner vape setup for everyone. $69 total. $55 Vleaf Go & $13.XX for the glass. Tastes better than an MV-1 and just as good as a my Splinter with the wpa and glass attached.

FD4-F2-AD9-E253-49-DC-AFB4-5-C42-CD3-CA145-1-105-c.jpg

Last edited:

spindle

Sorry everyone for causing that derailment, but thanks for telling me about postimage.

Btw I'm having a hard time not recommending this as a beginner vape setup for everyone. $69 total. $55 Vleaf Go & $13.XX for the glass. Tastes better than an MV-1 and just as good as a my Splinter with the wpa and glass attached.

I consider the Go to be a great convection microdoser that happens to have a very low price. It's the only vaporizer that I use these days. I wouldn't characterize it as a "beginner vape" but does fit the price point for that category. I'm still in the market for a backup device but I've been spoiled with this one.

And not to beat a dead horse, I only use it with a water pipe. Too hot without. And portability isn't much of a factor but desirable if I had to choose.

Maintenance is a breeze. I've been trying to conserve alcohol and have only used the brush for cleaning.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I got my V-Leaf Go yesterday afternoon and I'm really impressed. I prefer convection over conduction vaporizers in general, but most of my convection vaporizers use quite a bit of flower to work their best.

The Go uses less flower than a vapcap. I bought it to use as my morning and early afternoon vaporizer for my blend of CBD and THC flower with a water piece. And the price made it an easy buy.

For me, the chamber size is perfect for daytime microdosing. I couldn't be happier.

OF

I don't know of another hoster that remains viable but specifically blocks use on FC. That is different and more offensive to me. I believe they blame our classified section for breaking their rules. I call bullshit on that.

That's not my understanding of what happens. Your browser, not FC, makes the request to the server. My browser, a different IP address, makes the same request. As I understand it there's no way for the server to single out requests that started as a result of FC (again, the request is from my browser using my IP address). I'm certainly no expert on such things, but an expert explained it to me that way.......

Whatever's going on it suckith mightily.

I got my V-Leaf Go yesterday afternoon and I'm really impressed. I prefer convection over conduction vaporizers in general, but most of my convection vaporizers use quite a bit of flower to work their best.

Glad you're happy, I sure am. Besides, @Vicki likes it?

However I don't agree with "most of my convection vaporizers use quite a bit of flower to work their best". That's not how true convection vapes work. The same amount of heated air is going to heat a smaller load faster. Smaller loads mean less THC of course, but you get what you put in and generally faster with convection. Consider an obvious convection vape, Vapor Genie. It works 'with just a pinch', like Go? OTOH, conduction vapes count on solid contact with the walls typically. Which is why putting fillers in the load (to maintain useful contact) can help.

Which convection vaporizers do you find don't follow this pattern? TIA

Regards to all.

OF

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That's not my understanding of what happens. Your browser, not FC, makes the request to the server. My browser, a different IP address, makes the same request. As I understand it there's no way for the server to single out requests that started as a result of FC (again, the request is from my browser using my IP address). I'm certainly no expert on such things, but an expert explained it to me that way.......

"The Referer request header contains the address of the previous web page from which a link to the currently requested page was followed. The Referer header allows servers to identify where people are visiting them from and may use that data for analytics, logging, or optimized caching, for example."

In our case they use it to block the requested image, or actually to refuse to send it in response to the request.

Again, this discussion belongs elsewhere. I recommend the Sandbox where we practice, discuss and help with image hosting.

Last edited:
cybrguy,
Reactions: OF

OF

Gentle Friends,

A loading suggestion (OK two really) for loading the Go for your consideration? First off, I'm loading a 'smidgen' of herb (1/32 of a teaspoon), half a pinch, dry measure from one of these scoops:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W8WHHKY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This works out to 17 to 20 loads to the ounce. Very handy.

Then to get it in with spilling one of these funnels does the trick nicely:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XNW6BPM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just got them a few minutes ago. Before that I was using a plastic funnel poked through an enlarged hole in the rubber cover that comes with Go. Works well, but I'm not sure where that funnel came from and I had to cut it back a bit to fit the oven properly. The SS ones have a small rounded taper on the small end that fits the taper in the oven mouth very well making sure all the herb goes down the bore without leaks. I stand the unit on end, put the funnel on top then add a scoop of ground herb. A gentle tap will seat the load below the lip, or maybe a poke with a stick (I glued one to the back end of the scoop for this purpose.

Much neater and more exact than the scoop end under the MP. Probably faster and more to fiddle with, of course.

Thanks for your kind attention.

OF

lordpilko

apologies if this has already been asked ( I did try to use search but the word length was too short) how does this compare to the pax 3? Which is a much more expensive conduction vape, but on a similar scale size wise. The Pax is my go to stealth vape, however I am a microdoser so I turn my pax on and off a lot with the same bowl and therefore it gets burnt up and wasted due to the conduction nature. This vleaf go seems perfect for out and about stealth on demand dosing

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

Glad you're happy, I sure am. Besides, @Vicki likes it?

However I don't agree with "most of my convection vaporizers use quite a bit of flower to work their best". That's not how true convection vapes work. The same amount of heated air is going to heat a smaller load faster. Smaller loads mean less THC of course, but you get what you put in and generally faster with convection. Consider an obvious convection vape, Vapor Genie. It works 'with just a pinch', like Go? OTOH, conduction vapes count on solid contact with the walls typically. Which is why putting fillers in the load (to maintain useful contact) can help.

Which convection vaporizers do you find don't follow this pattern? TIA

Regards to all.

OF

Both my Ditanium and my Elev8r require a good bit of flower to satisfy. Me. I understand the theory but in practice they both work better with a certain amount of flower; .2g or more. While I CAN get very useful and tasty hits from the Go with .02g-.03g. So...That's my experience.

OF

Both my Ditanium and my Elev8r require a good bit of flower to satisfy. Me. I understand the theory but in practice they both work better with a certain amount of flower; .2g or more. While I CAN get very useful and tasty hits from the Go with .02g-.03g. So...That's my experience.

Good point, a very strong argument for this little guy I think? You can get potent hits from smaller loads, just not as many?

I don't know those other two vapes, but am quite happy to take your word for it.

BTW, I've never tried loads much below .035.....something I should do one of these fine days.....

Thanks.

OF

floribud

apologies if this has already been asked ( I did try to use search but the word length was too short) how does this compare to the pax 3? Which is a much more expensive conduction vape, but on a similar scale size wise. The Pax is my go to stealth vape, however I am a microdoser so I turn my pax on and off a lot with the same bowl and therefore it gets burnt up and wasted due to the conduction nature. This vleaf go seems perfect for out and about stealth on demand dosing

The Vleaf + some glass cooling tube is good compliment to your Pax. The Pax can leave you really medicated, but it can take a while to get there, and the flavor does degrade as it cooks. The Vleaf is way too hot to use on it's own, but once you add the class, it's as good as any convection vape, and it's pretty easy to get good consistent clouds.

Last edited:

OF

The Vleaf is way too hot to use on it's own, but once you add the class, it's as good as an convection vape, and it's pretty easy to get good consistent clouds.

Some are able to use it 'barefoot' but for sure is compact, therefore hotter than many would like?

As far as "it's as good as an convection vape" that makes good sense to me since it really is a convection vape? You're right of course, it does seem to be a very dependable tool for getting consistent results. Very important in a tool......

OF

lordpilko

Well I am buying it to use on the "go" as the name suggests ha, mostly for when I need stealth or just something very small to carry, usually vape on lower temps anyway, try not to go over 200°C. So wont be carrying glass with me. I have a tinymight for home use and normal out and about use.

Summer

Long Island, NY
You can also see it by replying to a post with their image. But as soon as you send the reply it will disappear again because they then get the referrer.

I know it's OT, but you gotta finish what you started, so, briefly, what do you mean disappear again? :hmm:

Back on topic: If I didn't have the FCap, I'd jump on this. Both budget vapes, but this one appears to be a stronger contender.

Summer,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just ordered me a Go from Vivant site, wife's not gonna be happy about the $ but usually with the first bowl she's over it...
Code Stephen20 worked for me, thank you folks.
I'm in full-on anticipation mode, one of the most fun times in the consumer cycle!

spindle

The Vleaf + some glass cooling tube is good compliment to your Pax. The Pax can leave you really medicated, but it can take a while to get there, and the flavor does degrade as it cooks. The Vleaf is way too hot to use on it's own, but once you add the class, it's as good as any convection vape, and it's pretty easy to get good consistent clouds.

That's the irony of the Go. It's marketed as a portable, but IMHO fails at this. The short vapor path results in hot vapor when used without a bubbler or water pipe. I tried a pinch last night, with the silicon mouthpiece, no water, and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

I had a small glass water pipe collecting dust that now gets used frequently with the Go. Anyone considering the Go for use as a portable, I can't imagine how the vapor temperatures will be acceptable.

lordpilko

That's the irony of the Go. It's marketed as a portable, but IMHO fails at this. The short vapor path results in hot vapor when used without a bubbler or water pipe. I tried a pinch last night, with the silicon mouthpiece, no water, and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

I had a small glass water pipe collecting dust that now gets used frequently with the Go. Anyone considering the Go for use as a portable, I can't imagine how the vapor temperatures will be acceptable.

Even on the two lower temps?

lordpilko,

OF

'Native' is fine, IMO, depending on how you're using it. Rip after rip will heat it up fast, remember convection vapes use more power doing the same job as conduction ones do, that extra heat has to go somewhere? If you sip, like I often do, it's not much worse than vapes like F2, again IMO.

I tend to use a small bubbler inside, but taking glass into the garden is not a good risk to take, but that doesn't prevent me from sipping away while I supervise things.

For sixty bucks you can prove conclusively if it 'works' for you. That is, after all, the only opinion that really matters? Lots of owners love them, some qualify that with 'it only works for me with glass', but very few (nobody?) has posted 'this is a useless vape'?

Your call, but if you're interested I suggest it's a small cost against a probable hit. I seriously doubt you'll regret it.

OF

lordpilko

'Native' is fine, IMO, depending on how you're using it. Rip after rip will heat it up fast, remember convection vapes use more power doing the same job as conduction ones do, that extra heat has to go somewhere? If you sip, like I often do, it's not much worse than vapes like F2, again IMO.

I tend to use a small bubbler inside, but taking glass into the garden is not a good risk to take, but that doesn't prevent me from sipping away while I supervise things.

For sixty bucks you can prove conclusively if it 'works' for you. That is, after all, the only opinion that really matters? Lots of owners love them, some qualify that with 'it only works for me with glass', but very few (nobody?) has posted 'this is a useless vape'?

Your call, but if you're interested I suggest it's a small cost against a probable hit. I seriously doubt you'll regret it.

OF

well I have already ordered from the UK, arriving Monday. I don't usually do long pulls, more of a sipper. so hopefully will be fine, also its only for when I want stealth out and about, so don't want to be taking huge pulls and not being able to find my way home :-p

lordpilko,

spindle

Yes, even at the lowest of the three temps. But don't take my word for it. I may be more sensitive than others to breathing in hot, dry vapor.

Using a small water pipe I'm 100% satisfied with the Go, for at home use.

BTW, the Go uses a Bic Pen design. The metal cap is like the removable part of an old big pen. If there was a hole on the end of the cap. The designers must have been hell bent on this design which is innovative for this purpose, but results in a short and direct vapor path.

Edit - I just tried a pinch of high CBD, hemp flower, at the green (lowest) temp it was not a pleasant experience. Too hot.

03-BICcristal2008-03-26.jpg

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Short vapor path means less loss to condensation, somewhat more potent delivery seems likely.
Longer path or cooling system is more pleasant.
All vape designs have to consider this balancing act.

Top Bottom