Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

spindle

The only reason your Bic pen has a hole in the top of the cap is so that kids can still breathe if swallowed.

Pretty clever, not sure how it applies to vaping.

I don't have a Bic pen handy and am not aware that it has a hole at the end. I included the photo to show where the Vivant may have gotten the design idea.

Last edited:
spindle,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Nothing was bothersome about your post at all, just thought the design reference you made to pens was interesting.

Aesthetically, I find Go has more in common with a modern vibrator than a Bic pen. Go looks like a little black, plastic, fake penis:rofl::lol:.

s-l1600.jpg

OF

Edit - I just tried a pinch of high CBD, hemp flower, at the green (lowest) temp it was not a pleasant experience. Too hot.

Have you tried manually cutting back on the heat, that is letting up on the button some? This is not temperature regulated any more than the dial on a gas stove is. It's just higher or lower, not some exact setting.

This is a convection vape, if it's hotter than you want it's because you drew too much heated air that was too hot in. This is open loop stuff, you have to change the way you use it to get different results. Try pulsing the power on an off a second or two at a time?

Play with it a bit I bet you sort it out.

OF

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I specifically got the Go for convection micro-dosing through water. I've never considered using it natively. There are only a couple of vaporizers that I do use natively-almost everything except my Vapwood Timber goes through water most of the time; especially during allergy season.

I've learned over time that there is no one vaporizer that will do it all for me. I like to change things up, and I like certain vaporizers for certain specific uses. I've become much happier with my collection since I adopted that attitude.

The Go would never be my desert island vaporizer; that would go to one of my Simrell Vortex. But...the VLeaf Go is the vaporizer I grab for my first CBD/THC dose of the day. And second too.

The flavor through water is fabulous, every bit as good as I get through my Elev8r, Ditanium, or Timber.

I'd buy it again in a heart beat. It's easy on the pocket book, pretty easy to maintain and keep 'like new', and very easy to use. Big win for Vivant. But I've had a soft spot in my heart for them since they made the first vaporizer that convinced me to vaporize full time: the Alternate. Mine never melted and I gave it to a very happy vaporist in Arkansas who needed it more than I did.

Kudos @Vivant Customer Service

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I know it's OT, but you gotta finish what you started, so, briefly, what do you mean disappear again?
I replied to this in the Sandbox.

The Vleaf Go has a very short vapor path with nothing to really cool it. It would not be a vape for me to use all day natively as my only tool. However I have no problem sipping it for the occasional hit or light buzz or taking it with me for a walk around the block or to get a maintenance buzz. It works well for this.
It performs best for me with water where I can quench the heat. I rarely find I need to leave the green heat setting, but may do so if I really want to completely exhaust the goodness of a load.

floribud

That's the irony of the Go. It's marketed as a portable, but IMHO fails at this. The short vapor path results in hot vapor when used without a bubbler or water pipe. I tried a pinch last night, with the silicon mouthpiece, no water, and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

I had a small glass water pipe collecting dust that now gets used frequently with the Go. Anyone considering the Go for use as a portable, I can't imagine how the vapor temperatures will be acceptable.

I still have to recommend stuffing 2 glass screen in the silicone airtube in the mouthpiece, for those times yo have to use the Go without glass. But the Go is still pretty portable with any empty hyrdotube. I don't need to add any water to cool the vapor just enough for it to be the perfect blend of cool + flavorful.

floribud,
Reactions: OF

lordpilko

I just got my @DDave mod kit and WOW! Makes a bit of a difference. The ti screen makes it a much cooler hit. It totally took the conductive heat from the current screen ring metal and made it COMPLETE CONVECTION!:tup::tup::tup:
what size are these screens, i'd like to source some in the UK, what is the difference between DDave mod kit and the screen supplied?

lordpilko,

OF

what size are these screens, i'd like to source some in the UK, what is the difference between DDave mod kit and the screen supplied?

The well in the rubber piece is about .30 inches in diameter, not a common size? The supplied screens are bigger and fit over the end instead. A SS ring holds them on.....usually (it does come off if you're not careful, annoying but not fatal).

However, all is not lost. Such screens can be trimmed down relatively easily with heavy enough scissors. First, make two cuts so you get a strip the correct width, then cut the ends off the strip so you have a square (going down the mesh, cutting wires off squarely. Then snip the four corners off so you have a uniform 8 sided octagon (like a stop sign). Should work fine. Close enough to round for a small shop.

Regards to all.

OF

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hey all - I am back to give a more thorough review now that I’ve had my Go for... a month...only one month? WTF - how has it only been a month? Okay, so usually I wait a few months but since time has no purpose these days and I have been vaping far more than usual, here it goes....

- Clouds are plentiful. Even on green. Even on the first draw from cold. As long as you take a nice, long draw. Very impressive - especially at this price point.

- While the heat never feels completely uncomfortable while using it native, I kept getting a sore throat the next day. After a few days, I just switched over to using with bubbler. YMMV - but if one is using this regularly, a water tool is highly recommended. (I rarely say this about a Vape - so take that as you may).

- The flavor is good on first few hits, then meh, then yuck (typical in my book)

- I found that to get decent results (clouds, taste, effect), you need to tamp down well with enough herb to cover bottom completely - I needed a minimum of abt .035g.

- In general, I filled up the bowl averaging at around .070g which is almost to the top, leaving a little room for the silicone piece in the mp to just touch herb. The most I was able to pack in with medium grind was .080g

- When filling bowl, I get between 9-11 nice hits (stepping up temps along the way)

- With a full bowl, I tend to get 3+ bowls per battery charge. After the 3rd session the performance starts to suffer.
Note: I usually keep using a vape until battery dies - however, with the Go, the performance significantly slips without dying, after 3 bowls. (If this was a more expensive vape, this would bother me) If you wait too long - it will start beeping randomly.

- I get between 27 - 44 hits per battery charge. Very respectable for a vape in this price point.

- Switching out the stock screen (capsule thingy) for just a screen (@DDave mod FTW!) has made maintenance very easy.

Here is a pic of my setup (I use a @Ratchett Universal Adapter):

Here is a pic of my herb - weighed before and after. Well extracted, pretty even AVB:

Bottom line - a fantastic on-demand vape at a great price.
However, if you are somewhat sensitive to heat, a water tool is necessary which makes this less portable.

lordpilko

The well in the rubber piece is about .30 inches in diameter, not a common size? The supplied screens are bigger and fit over the end instead. A SS ring holds them on.....usually (it does come off if you're not careful, annoying but not fatal).

However, all is not lost. Such screens can be trimmed down relatively easily with heavy enough scissors. First, make two cuts so you get a strip the correct width, then cut the ends off the strip so you have a square (going down the mesh, cutting wires off squarely. Then snip the four corners off so you have a uniform 8 sided octagon (like a stop sign). Should work fine. Close enough to round for a small shop.

Regards to all.

OF
So I'm still a little confused. So you take out the metal capsule thing with the mesh in? And instead juts use a but of mesh that fits inside the rubber opening?

floribud

- While the heat never feels completely uncomfortable while using it native, I kept getting a sore throat the next day. After a few days, I just switched over to using with bubbler. YMMV - but if one is using this regularly, a water tool is highly recommended. (I rarely say this about a Vape - so take that as you may).

Definitely gotta run it through glass. Yes you can get by in a pinch, but I don't need to be burning my throat. If only the silicone cap was more of a silicone straw that was curved, could make it really nice

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Received a new Go yesterday. Thanks for suggesting, @OF, and to others for posting here.

I'm really loving it. The vapor in my case was virtually instantaneous. Nice open draw, yummy "convection-style" taste, big cloudage.
Temp. on Green seems just fine, even un-clicking a few seconds before draw stops.

I haven't tried dialing it in yet, but this vape could also function like an "unregulated" Milaana type vape; set it red or yellow and pulse the button for customized hits.

Small chamber. Okay.
Plastic mouthpiece, but so is Mighty's.

I feel so smart to have preemptively ordered some little screens from dDave, they're just not here yet. That little screen cap has fallen out umpteen times already, so.....room for improvement in that area.

Having used a Grasshopper for years, I'm not finding this vape too hot on the throat, and it's a pleasant surprise that the mouthpiece doesn't get super hot, nor does the body. But I have not been hurrying my use, so it might get hotter, especially if passing. Wife and I 'shared' it last night, taking turns doing whole chambers while watching re-runs of The Amazing Race (we're up to season 8!).

The newness is a concern; inexpensive China-made vape, what could go wrong?
We'll have to see, but so far, so good!

OF

Received a new Go yesterday. Thanks for suggesting, @OF, and to others for posting here.

Having used a Grasshopper for years, I'm not finding this vape too hot on the throat, and it's a pleasant surprise that the mouthpiece doesn't get super hot, nor does the body. But I have not been hurrying my use, so it might get hotter, especially if passing. Wife and I 'shared' it last night, taking turns doing whole chambers while watching re-runs of The Amazing Race (we're up to season 8!).

Excellent, thanks for the feedback, glad you like it. IMO there's a lot to like for the modest price.

Interesting WRT the GH. If you don't mind, could you please expand on one verses the other? I think a lot of those who fault Go for heat, taste, etc. lack this perspective? I think a lot of that 'comes with the territory when we want a truly small convection vape.

TIA

OF

spindle

I'm really loving it. The vapor in my case was virtually instantaneous. Nice open draw, yummy "convection-style" taste, big cloudage.
Temp. on Green seems just fine, even un-clicking a few seconds before draw stops.

I haven't tried dialing it in yet, but this vape could also function like an "unregulated" Milaana type vape; set it red or yellow and pulse the button for customized hits.

Small chamber. Okay.
Plastic mouthpiece, but so is Mighty's.

I feel so smart to have preemptively ordered some little screens from dDave, they're just not here yet. That little screen cap has fallen out umpteen times already, so.....room for improvement in that area.

The newness is a concern; inexpensive China-made vape, what could go wrong?
We'll have to see, but so far, so good!

My Go will no longer switch between heat modes as of yesterday. With the unit on, double click, double click, and stays green. I was able to reset it once by holding down the button for 10 + seconds, but now again will no longer switch between heat settings.

I'll be sending an email to Vivant today. We'll see...

But it is still fully operational for now. As has been noted earlier, the heat setting may not matter much or at all. I rely on watching the red glow to confirm there's battery charge left, and it's ready to take a hit.

OF

My Go will no longer switch between heat modes as of yesterday. With the unit on, double click, double click, and stays green. I was able to reset it once by holding down the button for 10 + seconds, but now again will no longer switch between heat settings.

Only that happens with mode change? That is you never have trouble sensing five clicks in a row to turn on or off? Or 3 clicks to get session mode? Very strange (to me) if that's the only case. A user or two has reported not being able to reliably get the five clicks every time. I'm guessing you're really in the same boat? IMO it'd be mighty strange that only 'two clicks' would fail, while three or five in a row is faultless......

TIA

OF

OF,
Reactions: spindle

spindle

Only that happens with mode change? That is you never have trouble sensing five clicks in a row to turn on or off? Or 3 clicks to get session mode? Very strange (to me) if that's the only case. A user or two has reported not being able to reliably get the five clicks every time. I'm guessing you're really in the same boat? IMO it'd be mighty strange that only 'two clicks' would fail, while three or five in a row is faultless......

TIA

OF

The only malfunction is switching between heat settings. The 5 clicks (on/off) still works flawlessly. Session mode also works - 3 clicks, but I only tried that once.

My guess is there's a problem with the circuit board. As long as it doesn't get worse, that's fine.

spindle,

OF

The only malfunction is switching between heat settings. The 5 clicks (on/off) still works flawlessly. Session mode also works - 3 clicks, but I only tried that once.

My guess is there's a problem with the circuit board. As long as it doesn't get worse, that's fine.

Thanks. Interesting.

FWIW I don't think it's a 'circuit board problem'. Rather some strange processor problem (OK, the processor is on the board....). It's the exact same hardware to do all functions. It either reads or doesn't the button presses reliably. If it's 'spotty' we'd expect the issues with other modes, with more problems reading 'five good ones in a row' than 2?

Anything is possible, but that's a very long shot....... So I just figured it out, nothing wrong with the vape, it's technique. I never use this mode (happy with green) so after trying the others haven't used the function. Two presses puts it in 'change power mode'. If you do nothing else (like you are now) it times out, still in green. If, however, you THEN push twice again, it shifts to 'yellow', twice more to full blast before going back. Hard for me to do since I'm color blind and can't 'read' the colors.......

Your unit is fine, the instructions are lame as I recall, but you can shift ranges if you keep up with double clicks once in that mode.

OF

spindle

Thanks. Interesting.

FWIW I don't think it's a 'circuit board problem'. Rather some strange processor problem (OK, the processor is on the board....). It's the exact same hardware to do all functions. It either reads or doesn't the button presses reliably. If it's 'spotty' we'd expect the issues with other modes, with more problems reading 'five good ones in a row' than 2?

Anything is possible, but that's a very long shot....... So I just figured it out, nothing wrong with the vape, it's technique. I never use this mode (happy with green) so after trying the others haven't used the function. Two presses puts it in 'change power mode'. If you do nothing else (like you are now) it times out, still in green. If, however, you THEN push twice again, it shifts to 'yellow', twice more to full blast before going back. Hard for me to do since I'm color blind and can't 'read' the colors.......

Your unit is fine, the instructions are lame as I recall, but you can shift ranges if you keep up with double clicks once in that mode.

OF

Thanks and I'm aware of the documentation is insufficient for this function. Two clicks are needed to get to the point to change power mode.

It must not have been clear when I wrote: "With the unit on, double click, double click, and stays green"

There's a problem with either the hardware or firmware, and I'm not concerned as long as I can get the oven to glow red.

TL;DR I'm immensely satisfied with the Go for micro-dosing through water.

OF

Gentle Friends,

A mouthpiece suggestion for your consideration?

I took inch and a half (give or take) lengths of 'nesting' silicone tube, 1/2 ID (5/8 OD) and 3/8 ID (1/2 OD) and five inches or so of 1/4 ID (3/8 OD). Insert the medium tube half way in the large, and the small (whip) tube completely into that. The largest tube grips the taper on the Go quite securely.

Be sure to get High Temperature Food Grade tube (over 450F), but home brewery shops and even Amazon sells it. I buy from US Plastics usually......or Amazon.

This doesn't add water vapor (small anyway) but does make the new vapor path much longer and therefore cools the vapor all the more. FWIW I cut it so it's the same length as the Go so it fits easily in pocket or case.

It's largely replaced native use (like outside) and even some of the WT use. Cools as well, if not better, and doesn't break if dropped?

No way of knowing if it's for you without trying I guess, but I'm glad I did.

OF

OF

Not trying to compare the two, but broadly speaking, this vape seems like it would be easier to use than a Vapcap; does anyone in here prefer the Go?

Definitely easier, and IMO more useful in that you can control the process a LOT more. Since it's not conduction like VC and there's no 'one right temperature and 'one right way' you can regulate load size, draw rate power level and so on to get the results you want.

And you don't have to wait until it 'clicks cold' to try another hit. My VC is pretty lonely, TBH.

VC is smaller, and often prettier to look at. And more expensive.

Regards to all.

OF

Top Bottom