Vitolo.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am so lucky that among the few units I brought home this week was the Volcano.
I pick up all the rest of my tools on Thursday.....
Yesterday I had Oral Surgery.
Photo-on-5-15-24-at-9-31-AM.jpg

It was brutal, and I will be staying home for a few days.
The healing rules with any oral surgical procedure is no smoking, or drinking through a straw, because suction can pull out clots and disrupt stitches.
The Volcano is allowing me to fill bags, then inhale them open mouthed to avoid any suction whatsoever.
I am sooooo lucky!

Vitolo

Vaporist
I love being home!
an hour later--->
I have never been beaten up...
...or robbed.
Until today at the ATM, where I faced both challenges at the same time.
As I walked back toward my car, I got jacked!
Police showed up and want to help, but I am not holding my breath.
Below: me at home talking to Police with more recalled details.
462549297_1562707951036452_8063922335451731126_n.jpg

Last edited:

coolbreeze

an hour later--->
...or robbed.

An hour later!
Have you been checked out? Everything look ok? I cannot believe someone would do this, wtaf.

Rodney

an hour later--->
...or robbed.

An hour later!

I am so sorry to be hearing this and send lots of love from the UK. You will be in my prayers and I hope they catch whoever did it soon.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Have you been checked out? Everything look ok? I cannot believe someone would do this, wtaf.
They wanted me to go to emergency room. I promised them I would go if I felt discomfort once I was home.
Rocket Man was in the car, but I was afraid to let him out for fear that he could get hurt.
My ribs hurt, and my kidneys are sore, but I've ached worse over less.
I am pretty sure I will be fine!
Thanks for the concern and love!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Bad enough that this happened, but so sick that they would do this to an--I'm guessing:myday:--an elderly person, being one myself:myday:. The penalties I'll bet are serious for assaulting an elder. Or like phone scammers, perhaps they look for elderly(read:vulnerable and not well able to fight back) folks. If I catch them, I'll beat them with my big bottle of fiber and my wrist brace! Hope you feel better today.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You got it... I am in my 70's.
Thanks for the sentiment!
I am so sorry that happened to you Vitolo. The only good news, I guess, is that you weren't hurt badly. It is very sad that, as a culture, there is a dark side that is trying to overwhelm the light. Over time I've become a lot less confident that the light will win.

This darkening of the culture has changed a number of my behaviors. I no longer go to the city as much for entertainment or food. While I try not to need cash in my life, when I do need to go to an atm, I do my best to go to one that I can access from my car. That generally leaves a better exit strategy in an emergency. And I can also get a view of who's nearby before I even start the process.

It is a shame that these self protection strategies need to be applied to my world at this point in my life but I am no longer willing to take the risks I did as a younger person. It is with great sadness that I have determined that the wisest thing for me to do is to reduce my profile and take fewer risks.

Could it get better in this country if some of the coarser elements that push the ugly slipped into history? Maybe, but we'd be fools to count on it. A really ugly cultural anger has taken hold in America and it won't/can't go away on its own. We have to do whatever we can in our own circle of the world to make it a softer place. Only time will tell if those efforts bring fruit. And only hope can actualize them.

Top Bottom