Virtual Banquet Thread

arf777

No longer dogless
A cartoonishly huge chicken breast in a white whine lemon sauce- ingredients include yellow heirloom tomatoes, garlic, herb de provence, fresh dill, butter.

This will likely be my last French haute cuisine dish for some time. I have been making so much Parisienne and Lyonnaise food, I have put on 20 pounds. Gotta lose weight.
Switching to Italian and Provencal summer cuisines. Much lighter. And finally got my smoker assembled - starting to smoke meats as soon as some gasket I ordered for it gets here. But no more complex fatty sauces for a while.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
A little late and past the season... but... Eggnog Cake

2psq1d1.jpg

Last edited:

MinnBobber

only 10? we're gonna add some more

we'll start off healthy with some strawberry's on top.....

main course : the stuff your pie hole special

so what is this strawberry treat, what's under neath the berries? Are you in Belgium?
Does this happen to be available in your neighboring Amsterdam as I'm going there next week?
Thanks

MinnBobber,

arf777

No longer dogless
First batch of bacon from the new smoker. Madeira and sage cured then apple and cherry smoked.

And I am going back on my not cooking any more heavy French cuisine, cuz I both have this bacon to use and got a hold of a couple ounces of black trumpets. Coming this week - pork tenderloin in bacon fat and black trumpets.

arf777

No longer dogless
This is a little odd. Scallops with grits instead of shrimp with grits. Could not find ANY fresh shrimp in my part of MD (isn't that sad? Chesapeake Bay is all fucked up), but found some beautiful scallops. So fuck it.

Made with my homemade bacon, sauternes, garlic, Old Bay, and lots of cheddar in the grits.

BTW - New batch of bacon curing for smoking tomorrow, this time in a madeira-maple cure. And about to rub a small pork shoulder for the smoker tomorrow as well.

TCPlOki.jpg

arf777

No longer dogless
Damnit, damnit, damnit. Overcooked the new batch of bacon. Still getting to know the smoker (only 2nd time using it). The shoulder is turning out fine, but at the higher temp the bacon overcooked. $60 of pork and curing materials.
Still tastes good, but it's a fully-cooked, cured pork belly rather than bacon per se. Fuck.

y29Cel6.jpg

LATER...
At least the shoulder turned out properly.

GXvp2NI.jpg

Last edited:

arf777

No longer dogless
So did madeira-maple dry bacon mark III. Much better than mk II. Have wet-cure madeira bacon mk I in the brine for another day.

WUcHOcq.jpg

Also, made my homemade BBQ sauce for the 1st time in years. Made from the homemade bacon fat, balsamic vinegar, organic tomatoes, onions, a shitload of ginger, tarragon, cumin, sage, horseradish, ancho chiles.

4LqCv2T.jpg

arf777

No longer dogless
First beef from the smoker- a brisket in the rub from an award-winning carpacio from a restaurant I was sous at. If it was a little fattier could've made pastrami from it. Just a little too lean. Rub includes black pepper, garlic, herbs de provence, and tarragon. Smoked in mesquite.

19SHQ2d.jpg

FrqA64o.jpg

Top Bottom