VHB Slide

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Length of the glass hole is about 16mm (plus another 4mm or so for the plastic lip); ID is just about 15mm.

Ah! It looks like the OG VHB Slide will indeed fit the Wand, with it's matrix fitting more or less perfectly inside.
IMG-4004.jpg
IMG-4003.jpg

Now you just need balls of steel!
Maybe not!

I've been working on getting either the Slide or the TRRW Terpedo modded to work with the Wand. I haven't been able to get my hands on the Slide, which was my preferred choice because of the versatility and forgivability of a moving heat source but I've had success with the Terpedo and I'm dying to try this method on the Slide!

First I bought this package of thin stainless steel shims on Amazon. Cut it to size (so thin you don't need metal cutting scissors) and then wrap it around the glass. I used the thickest sheet in the sample shims for better heat retention. Then I secured it using this this stainless steel wire that's used in beekeeping? 😝 Whatevs, it works.

The first time you heat the metal, some oxidation will occur and stuff will burn off the metal so do a few dry cycles and then you're good to go.

You need to set the Wand to max temp (just to achieve the longest autofire without timing out) and then puff away until you sense vapor. It's too thick to fit completely through the wand but the part that does fit is good enough.

It's a learning curve to get the heating right (you could count flashes or just taste for vapor like I do) but it works for the Vaponic and now the Terpedo! Would love to try the Slide because it would be so forgiving to move the heat source farther away if you overheated.

Last edited:

Alligator427

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatly, the vapothor have a diameter of 1.6mm at the level of the balls. I though that the vhb slide was wider with the pictures :mad:

Maybe I could do a mod with a copper pipe like the simrel FMJ :\

Last edited:
Alligator427,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
All glass path and a handheld ball vape, really checking off all my boxes here. I’m surprised this one isn’t being talked about more, is this not a popular vape around here?

Alligator427

During a lot of time, it was not available on the website.
I have a copy of the vhb slide and the system work very well with good flavor. The drawback is the gaz comsuption and the need of practice (find the lenght of the flame, the time of heat etc)

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
All of these handheld ball vapes require a decent amount of heat, just comes with the territory.

Monk Debate,

coolbreeze

All glass path and a handheld ball vape, really checking off all my boxes here. I’m surprised this one isn’t being talked about more, is this not a popular vape around here?
It's a nice vape, works great and the heat control (the sliding part) is clever and functional. I'm not sure but my guess would be that fewer people know about it than some of the others.

P3tz

I just discovered this. Was this a one time thing? Or will it eventually be available again? Let me know. This is right up my alley. And yes I know that there is the VapoThor as an alternative. But that one is made out of boro, while this seems to be quarz which I definitely prefer.

P3tz,
Top Bottom