Verdamper vaporizer

dejf_mk

Hi folks,
long time Verdamper owner here. Mine is like almost 20 years old already, still going strong with original deluxe set up, it's my daily mangler :) Having read this whole long thread I decided to stop lurking after all these years and sign up to FC. Partly because you seem like my kind of folks, and partly because I've not heard back from Evrett and wonder if someone here might help me out.....

Because my model of heater is pretty old, my PSU is not adjustable at all, and sometimes I'd like to be able to bring the temperature of the heater down a bit. I checked the PSU on my multimeter and it's putting out 12V AC, which surprised me as I'd assumed it must be DC. I have a DC / DC converter with digital control that can put out a lower voltage (for my halogen HLT which is hopefully on the way!!), but this only outputs DC voltage. I was hoping to connect that to my verdamper heater and gain some control over the temps. From my basic understanding of electrics, it shouldn't really matter if the heater is running off of AC or DC, right? I'm reasonably sure, but the idea of killing my heater when they are so rare these days worries me and I thought I'd check with you all!

So has anyone got any experience with tweaking these beautiful machines?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hi folks,
long time Verdamper owner here. Mine is like almost 20 years old already, still going strong with original deluxe set up, it's my daily mangler :) Having read this whole long thread I decided to stop lurking after all these years and sign up to FC. Partly because you seem like my kind of folks, and partly because I've not heard back from Evrett and wonder if someone here might help me out.....

Because my model of heater is pretty old, my PSU is not adjustable at all, and sometimes I'd like to be able to bring the temperature of the heater down a bit. I checked the PSU on my multimeter and it's putting out 12V AC, which surprised me as I'd assumed it must be DC. I have a DC / DC converter with digital control that can put out a lower voltage (for my halogen HLT which is hopefully on the way!!), but this only outputs DC voltage. I was hoping to connect that to my verdamper heater and gain some control over the temps. From my basic understanding of electrics, it shouldn't really matter if the heater is running off of AC or DC, right? I'm reasonably sure, but the idea of killing my heater when they are so rare these days worries me and I thought I'd check with you all!

So has anyone got any experience with tweaking these beautiful machines?
Hey there ! I also have one of there , i bought it orignally for the glass and sell the heater ,but fell in love with it and the massive bowl. I am amazed such quality vapor was available back in the days,what a timeless classic. If you like you can go to verdampftnochmal you will see https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/de/verdamper-netzteil-3-12-volt-ohne-holzboden , you can find the same thing on amazon or ebay for 15 euro probably. look for 5-12v 5a adjustable power supply :) !
You can totally use that controller DC/DC and not worry about it . I think verdamper only draws like 2 amps ,so dont worry about burning anything. That being said ,i have adjustable controller on mine and never tweak it ,12v is just perfect :). If i want hotter i just put my hand above,those guy really fucking nailed it as far as operation goes.

dejf_mk

Hey thanks for the reply @Abysmal Vapor . I was bold over the weekend and took the Verdamper apart to try the DC convertor. Things still worked! But even after some scientific testing :science: I couldn't tweak it to behave the same as the original AC PSU. Definitely less vapor produced. Intriguing.

I still have some stuff to try, such as more amps as my current adapter tops out at 3.5A. So guess I will have to continue experimenting, in the name of science natch ;)

rodders83

Another transformer dead after 12 months! Had to order a new one from berlinshop as aliexpress would take two weeks. And they got a new model in stock with no wooden stand. Its 7-12v 10amps and costs 13 on aliexpress but 59.99 on berlin shop!

Will report back on what the new model is like.

whateverman

Thats a good link! I wonder if they have the large version (although both of them versions are large)

Edit: The price keeps changing from 280 euros to 350 euros for some reason. anyway I can't add to cart - can anyone else try?

Last edited:
whateverman,

boog

Thats a good link! I wonder if they have the large version (although both of them versions are large)

Edit: The price keeps changing from 280 euros to 350 euros for some reason. anyway I can't add to cart - can anyone else try?
yop
did try the link (from france) , but they don't have it in stock, this is why you can't add it to your cart, and i didn't see the large version
and I think the change in price is the VAT included or not (they must see your IP i guess)
you should wrote to them, they are usually fast to answer
(addendum: they have à coupon code , "CW5" but it doesn't work on all the site)
a+

Last edited:

Alexis

they ask for 600 euro. I saw some websites that sell it for 400 euros, do you know any of these that ship internationally ?
Tbh mate, first I checked just now because even though it's not useful for my allergenically sensitive self..

I feared years back this one of a kind not just vaping tool but cannabis experience may become a collector's past relic.

The sheer fact it's still atainable pleases me and surprise too.

Add general price hike...

But have you tried Vaposhop?

I'd pay 600 if I was getting a Verdamper. If that was the going rate.

Alexis,
Reactions: Orvaxxx

whateverman

@alexii i agree with most of what you say.
Yes it is a relic.
Yes its a vaping experience.
Yes we are happy it's still attainable.

Yet looking for the best price available is a good thing to do, as the price is determined by several factors and not only by the price of the product itself.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Happy Sunday gang!:tup:

Those hits are killer...
The amount of air and vapor in each hit is absolutely ridiculous!!!
I don't think I have ever been so high as the VD can get me.
Something special about this monster!!!

@whateverman This is vaping perfection on a massive scale!!

whateverman

Those hits are killer...
The amount of air and vapor in each hit is absolutely ridiculous!!!
I don't think I have ever been so high as the VD can get me.
Something special about this monster!!!

@whateverman This is vaping perfection on a massive scale!!
Yessss it is very special! @Custom Flower Hardware hits it like a PRO! Evert would be proud! God bless!

whateverman

Sup mates? I may have a verdamper with a jar base on the way and I wanna ask a few questions.

1. What are the dimensions of the bowl?
2. Does anyone knows (or have?) an all glass bowl, with a glass screen so I won't have to use the metal screen? Like the ones on the arizer solo / air / go stems, and the e-nano. I'm looking for an all glass experience.
3. What mods can I apply to make it better? I usually start vaping at 210c and end up at 220c using the Arizer Solo II. I heard someone uses balls somehow?

Thanks ;)

whateverman,

rodders83

Sup mates? I may have a verdamper with a jar base on the way and I wanna ask a few questions.

1. What are the dimensions of the bowl?
2. Does anyone knows (or have?) an all glass bowl, with a glass screen so I won't have to use the metal screen? Like the ones on the arizer solo / air / go stems, and the e-nano. I'm looking for an all glass experience.
3. What mods can I apply to make it better? I usually start vaping at 210c and end up at 220c using the Arizer Solo II. I heard someone uses balls somehow?

Thanks ;)

Not seen any glass screens yet on here. As for 3 get a glass cover for the top. Palming is too hot i think. The Jaryzsatchymo insert is perfect!

I need to buy another full system as well, I only got one spare heater! I bought a different non variable psu as well in the uk to try. 12v 36watts power which sounds about right.

The herborizer xl is 12v 26w so its ideal for both my vapes but why the hell do berlinshop send you a 10amp version? Thats 70watts?! The verdamper likely uses around 30watts so 2.5amps.

The prices are insane as well, Berlin shop charging 79.99 euro plus 18 euro shipping for just a power brick! I bought the same one online for only £3.49 from china? The 12v 36w brick was £10 with free shipping!

whateverman

Not seen any glass screens yet on here. As for 3 get a glass cover for the top. Palming is too hot i think. The Jaryzsatchymo insert is perfect!

I need to buy another full system as well, I only got one spare heater! I bought a different non variable psu as well in the uk to try. 12v 36watts power which sounds about right.

The herborizer xl is 12v 26w so its ideal for both my vapes but why the hell do berlinshop send you a 10amp version? Thats 70watts?! The verdamper likely uses around 30watts so 2.5amps.

The prices are insane as well, Berlin shop charging 79.99 euro plus 18 euro shipping for just a power brick! I bought the same one online for only £3.49 from china? The 12v 36w brick was £10 with free shipping!
Whats the Jaryzsatchymo insert? Could u elaborate?

whateverman,

rodders83

Whats the Jaryzsatchymo insert? Could u elaborate?
Sorry i misspelled it. Jyarz satchmyo is or was a plastic tub with a glass insert for holding bud. I find the satchymo size works perfect to cap the top of the verdamper.

rodders83,

rodders83

***Update***

Do not try a 12 volt 2.5amp 36 watt power supply for the 7-12v Verdamper heater. It barely produced vapor and i should of bought a 10amp.

Hard to believe 10a is 120watts pretty high for a vape?

whateverman

I have commented on one of Lee's videos from TableTopBong, saying I have a verdamper on the way, and I asked him to do a video about using it in the most efficient way - and he delivered!!!
God bless him. The Verdamper thread is back to life lmao

whateverman,

vaporcman

I have commented on one of Lee's videos from TableTopBong, saying I have a verdamper on the way, and I asked him to do a video about using it in the most efficient way - and he delivered!!!
God bless him. The Verdamper thread is back to life lmao

hope you grabbed a male bowl to use the big daddy with one of your fav piece of glass cause the only downside to the verdamper is the glass its fricking huge. imo to get the best performance out of it is just to cover the top with your hand like Evert would recomand and thats it don't block the small holes, thats what i've been doing for years
Cheers man enoy yyour grandaddy

Top Bottom