Venty by Storz & Bickel

ChooChooCharlie

I even ordered the bulk-filling set

Maybe my fault for being an early capsule loving evangelist?

Delta3DStudios listened to my stoner thoughts:
(But, he didn't like my name for it, the Doser Dozer)

Edit: S&B copied the idea and produced their own loading tray a few months later... second edit: with the same three part design, but I suppose it's not fair to say that, as they could have developed the tray independently

But, I always filled capsules via grinder dumpster diving tech, and re-used the same capsule for months. Dumb end to this historical way-back machine post, eh?

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I realize folks have wildly different opinions about S&B and their devices, but I’ve had nothing but a good experience with their customer service support.
Granted, until the Venty recall, I’ve only bought products from them, and was happy, no dealing with them on any problem issues.

From my perspective, the recall or remote disabling and replacements were handled very efficiently. They took the hit on the faulty units, cut their losses by not paying for returns, and used technology to remotely disable the faulty ones. I’ll assume for those not on the internet, they took care of those customers the old fashioned way, assuming one gets and reads emails or comes here for information….

With that said, I waited till today for the spare parts to appear for sale, and used the $30.00 discount one should have received when they got the S&B Venty email. There was also a $5.00 points credit I must have earned from previous accessory orders. So I bought about $70.00 of Venty spare parts, and ended up paying half that, and no shipping fees, which was a surprise.

So, again in my personal experience, the customer service has been great. Hope it ends well for everyone else!

JoeMama

Definitely gotta agree, S&B did everything as efficiently as possible, no consternating hassle, and I've been driving this thing every day all day and I've never been more satisfied. The single-dose method I'm using (https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/venty-by-storz-bickel.54534/post-1767087) really takes care of my obsession with wasting hits on single sessions, and it's only me most of the time. I'd recommend this approach if you really don't want to toast a whole bowl for a quick efficient hit.

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
With the cold snap here I've been using the venty out in the cold lately. The heater doesn't seem to be effected and keeps up nicely. The cold gives the cooling unit a lot of extra cooling. Very nice.
I've been impressed, I had a session half way through a snow shoe hike Saturday morning. It was -16c or 3.2f outside. Venty was in the outside pocket of an uninsulated shell for over an hour before I used it and it didn't skip a beat.

Cacahuates

I've been impressed, I had a session half way through a snow shoe hike Saturday morning. It was -16c or 3.2f outside. Venty was in the outside pocket of an uninsulated shell for over an hour before I used it and it didn't skip a beat.
My situation was very similar. Didn't skip a beat is right! I've been pleasantly surprised with this thing.

We have something special here.

bardad

I wonder how much it bothers if the herb remains in the pot for a later time after a few strokes. someone mentioned it compared to the tm2 that the tm2, unlike the vent, no longer heats up after being turned off.
the temperature is certainly not higher than 150 celsius, so there is no evaporation of thc but at most its slight decarboxylation, right?
and if i understand correctly it's not a problem at all or is it?
if I come later to the non-evaporated material and it has gone through a gradual reheating, in addition after the previous much higher temperatures, is there a problem?

bardad,
Reactions: cosimo

JoeMama

@bardad , this is the reason I switched to using the glass reducer that holds just what I need for a nice 2-4 hit session and guiltlessly dump the ABV right afterwards.
But If you want to load it heavy and come back for sequential hits, it would be better to load a capsule fully, so you can dump it after each group of hits you take; the material DOES bake out somewhat when left in the hot chamber. At least in my universe it seems. :freak:

Bust Duster

Has anyone made a WPA for the Venty yet? I've used a whip and used the 3D Studios universal adapter, but I think end game is a WPA that attaches directly to the unit, bypassing the need for the CU.

justcametomind

just got the e04

I pressed + after e04 and got "63", anyone know what that means?
I had 083, but the unit would turn on no problem after a minute. I asked what the problem was to S&B and they asked me to send it back. They didn’t give me any explanation of what happened and sent me a new one.
The new unit has a slightly different oven as I have seen on some pics here.
I did just a couple of bowls what it seems to be different for now is that it’s not as easy as before to trigger E05 blowing onto the bowl while the CU is not connected. If I blowed there it was instant E05, not even once now.
I wonder how much it bothers if the herb remains in the pot for a later time after a few strokes. someone mentioned it compared to the tm2 that the tm2, unlike the vent, no longer heats up after being turned off.
the temperature is certainly not higher than 150 celsius, so there is no evaporation of thc but at most its slight decarboxylation, right?
and if i understand correctly it's not a problem at all or is it?
if I come later to the non-evaporated material and it has gone through a gradual reheating, in addition after the previous much higher temperatures, is there a problem?
If you let weed cool down inside the oven it will quickly become dirty. Use a capsule, it helps not wasting medicine too while the oven is still hot and you have done vaping. Using capsules the oven remains clean indefinitel. I want to achieve that since the removal of that bottom screen is so difficult.

Last edited:

MDHI

I had 083, but the unit would turn on no problem after a minute. I asked what the problem was to S&B and they asked me to send it back. They didn’t give me any explanation of what happened and sent me a new one.
The new unit has a slightly different oven as I have seen on some pics here.
I did just a couple of bowls what it seems to be different for now is that it’s not as easy as before to trigger E05 blowing onto the bowl while the CU is not connected. If I blowed there it was instant E05, not even once now.
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. Mine started up again too but I will return it tomorrow.

MDHI,

Stinky

Delta 3-D Studios just released a pre-order metal water, piece, adapter.
I'm the guinea pig who pre-ordered 4 and a half weeks ago. I was told this morning that it fits and is being posted out to Australia today. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Communication from Delta3DStudios has been great. It cost me $120AU with postage for the 18mm WPA if that helps anyone.

AndyO

I'm the guinea pig who pre-ordered 4 and a half weeks ago. I was told this morning that it fits and is being posted out to Australia today. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Communication from Delta3DStudios has been great. It cost me $120AU with postage for the 18mm WPA if that helps anyone.

Cheers for providing the converted price... I was holding off on the stand til the WPA was available, but I'm not sure I love this WPA, especially not at that price!

ChooChooCharlie

Diggin' that notch to stop over tightening:

Venty-WPA-Delta3-DStudios.jpg

Cacahuates

I've usually used my S&B portables mainly with dosing caps. The venty works well with them especially if you pack them full. However I've been riding her bareback and I don't think I'll ever go back to caps. I fill her with a doob tube and blow her clean when I"m done and she's still hot. I really didn't like the idea of staining the oven with my previous portables but I don't mind with the Venty. Oven and screens look good as new.

Cacahuates,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I've usually used my S&B portables mainly with dosing caps. The venty works well with them especially if you pack them full. However I've been riding her bareback and I don't think I'll ever go back to caps. I fill her with a doob tube and blow her clean when I"m done and she's still hot. I really didn't like the idea of staining the oven with my previous portables but I don't mind with the Venty. Oven and screens look good as new.

I’ve been going back and forth. Obviously, the CU stays cleaner with just capsules, mostly oil residue.

Did my Qtip ethanol CU cleaning today, and geez what a lot of flower bits. Not a big deal, but on the next session, I immediately realized how much more FLAVOR there was. I did the CU ISO soak once, didn’t really save much time then a manual clean. I would do the complete soak, if I went too long before my periodic cleanings.

Basically, scooped flower loading just means if I want max flavor, I will clean more often.

Top Bottom