Venty by Storz & Bickel

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
When cleaning anyone know if it’s safe to put all the orings and what not in alcohol? I know with the tm2 it would deform them, but instructions seem to allude to putting everything in the solution.

Seems ok according to this S&B Venty “cleaning - instructional” LINK:

At bottom of page:
“10. Place all parts in warm rinsing water. Alternatively: Soak all parts in isopropyl alcohol for a maximum 1/2 hour. Rinse all parts under running water for at least one minute. Let all parts dry completely.”

I would wipe my orings with Ethanol or ISO, then soapy water rinse, as the silicone doesn’t really need to SOAK.
BEWARE…. not all orings are SAFE with SOLVENTS, but as in this case, the manufacturer says; MAX 30 minutes!

When cleaning anyone know if it’s safe to put all the orings and what not in alcohol? I know with the tm2 it would deform them, but instructions seem to allude to putting everything in the solution.
I put everything in 99% iso and it does not destroy the o-rings. I usually take them out after 1-2min while all plastk parts maysoak in for 30 min….

JoeMama

Until I figure out a way to "cap" the bowl inside (a titanium lid is too bulky), the fine mesh CU screen has to be used, else the CU will get gunked fast. But overall, I think this is the perfect setup for me now. Before I was getting too stoned trying to efficiently use a full dosing capsule. :ko:
Edit to my last post:
Thanks to a tip from @dude_de , the aluminum dosing capsule lids are a fine fit to lay on top of the glass open-top bowl, so that helps to lengthen the in-between cleanings of the CU.
For me, this is the perfect single-session setup using Venty.

Last edited:

RedZep

Might be an interesting vape once it's out of beta
Fishing GIF by Epicly Later'd

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
Fishing GIF by Epicly Later'd'd
Same can be said about the Tempest 😉

I opened my Venty yesterday and there ain't nothing beta about it (except the front buttons, which are stiff to say the least), its pumping out fluffy flavourful clouds (far more flavourful than I expected tbh).

I'm still in the experimental, honeymoon phase atm, so take my opinion with a healthy dose of scepticism, but... I love the Venty big time....it's the bollox.

When you get to try dat airflow out, you never want to go back.

snowdrop7756

Greetings Everyone, sad news is that my Venty got an E04 and died...not working at all. So, I went and started a return...does anyone know what the procedure is when this happens? This totally sucks.
E04 is a generic fault message. When you see this I believe you have to keep hitting up and record what it outputs. You'll want to provide this to Storz for RMA.

tgvp

I finally got one and gave to say I'm pretty happy with it. Main disadvantage being its price. And the dreaded bricking failure so many people seem to experience 😅

But not here for a review, many other have already done so. But I want to share an experience with the Venty that kept me baffled for a few minutes... It was christmas eve and we already had food and a few drinks when I went to my room for some fresh and citrusy air. Definitely not my first bowl of the evening. So I packed, closed the lid, turned the device on and draw once hot. Not very tasty, as usual for the first draw, so I pull once more and this time, well, not better, very airy. I pull harder, but just faint taste, so push the turbo mode and... hotter but no more vapor nor flavor. I was dreading, oh no, already bricked, it doesn't work properly anymore 😢
So I turn it open to check if the load got any toasted or not. But, surprise, there wasn't any herb in there ! I first laugh thinking how distracted I was, but then clearly remembered having grinded herb. And even the weed jar was empty now, so for sure, I packed it with weed or at least I prepared some. So I searched around, maybe I dropped it on the floor? Or emptied it directly in the ABV jar?? When suddenly I had a better look at the empty bowl and realised the screen looked different. And not perfectly fitting 🤔
What happened was that the top screen, the one sitting on the cooling unit, just fell off on the lower one (the bottom of the oven), so I put my load on top of that and indeed, when I pulled on the device, my herb, free from the screen supposed to keep it in place, just flew all around the CU, giving only the slightest taste. And leaving glued herb residue in the whole CU.

Vapiathan

I finally got one and gave to say I'm pretty happy with it. Main disadvantage being its price. And the dreaded bricking failure so many people seem to experience 😅

But not here for a review, many other have already done so. But I want to share an experience with the Venty that kept me baffled for a few minutes... It was christmas eve and we already had food and a few drinks when I went to my room for some fresh and citrusy air. Definitely not my first bowl of the evening. So I packed, closed the lid, turned the device on and draw once hot. Not very tasty, as usual for the first draw, so I pull once more and this time, well, not better, very airy. I pull harder, but just faint taste, so push the turbo mode and... hotter but no more vapor nor flavor. I was dreading, oh no, already bricked, it doesn't work properly anymore 😢
So I turn it open to check if the load got any toasted or not. But, surprise, there wasn't any herb in there ! I first laugh thinking how distracted I was, but then clearly remembered having grinded herb. And even the weed jar was empty now, so for sure, I packed it with weed or at least I prepared some. So I searched around, maybe I dropped it on the floor? Or emptied it directly in the ABV jar?? When suddenly I had a better look at the empty bowl and realised the screen looked different. And not perfectly fitting 🤔
What happened was that the top screen, the one sitting on the cooling unit, just fell off on the lower one (the bottom of the oven), so I put my load on top of that and indeed, when I pulled on the device, my herb, free from the screen supposed to keep it in place, just flew all around the CU, giving only the slightest taste. And leaving glued herb residue in the whole CU.
I have to admit...this happened to me three times already. I thoroughly and perfectly clean two mouthpieces simultaneously and pay attention to every detail. But every single time so far I have fucked up and forgot the screen. Luckily there is always the second unit. Still...well, hopefully next time 😂

Vapiathan,
Reactions: DadaBoo
Here's my conclusion to an "swappable battery mod" for the venty:

-It doesn't make too much sense, imho is taking a power bank with you way easier.
-change batteries only in pairs of Samsung INR18650-30Q, remember left an right
-only tried it physically with my bricked one, no real electrical function check (still very confident it would work)
-The gray plastic tray that is build in is also perfect for swappable batteries - no need for another tray.

Pic 1: push thin blade into red marked spot, lever out the orange caps, unscrew 4 screws and take bottom back plastic housing off.
Pic 2: Unscrew 3 marked screws, lever out the 2 connected batteries (glued in with a small piece of duck tape, needs some gentle force to lever out with a flathead screwdriver from the position of the arrow) (Leave display and gray battery tray connected!)
Pic 3: somehow separate the 3 metal connection parts from the batteries (I teared them off, maybe cut them or similar).
Pic 4: Screw in the 3 metal connection pieces from Pic 3 into their original positions (but without the batteries), assemble all the housing
Pic 5: you probably want to find a solution to easily put the bottom back housing on and off. Did not do any further investigations here.

Let me know if you have questions,
Would be happy if I get some feedback if anyone actually tries this!

Cheers!

RustyOldNail

Pic 3: somehow separate the 3 metal connection parts from the batteries (I teared them off, maybe cut them or similar).

While I won’t be doing any of this. I’d WARN anyone NOT to physically “TEAR”, the welded metal tabs from the batteries, you could be DAMAGING the internal integrity of the battery, which could end up being very dangerous.
If I’m still using this device in 3-4 years, and it needs battery replacement, I’ll send it to S&B as they have service plans, much safer…..

snowdrop7756

Fishing GIF by Epicly Later'd'd
I don't and still don't get all the "beta" comments. The device is clearly not beta and I think anyone who owns one would agree. They had a supplier part not up to spec when manufacturing went full scale. This happens with products of all different types. If anything it's a positive for Storz&Bickel. I can guarantee similar issues with vapes across the industry and none of these Chinese based vapes will give two shits about safety or quality.

Shuoink

So glad to have my precious back! 7 minutes in on this new unit and I am FEELING GOOOOOOD, guys! This device is a medical patient's absolute dream!
  • Want to start out by saying the screen had a plastic cover over it that I appreciate SOOO much.
I'm so anal-retentive about my screens on my devices. I'm actually wondering if anybody has an idea of where I can get a cover for the screen. I know people were putting UV protective coatings on Mighty units for a while because of the screens going bad (I know the feeling, have had two Mighty units and both have dimmed screens) so I know it's a thing. I may dig up some posts about UV protection on Mighty to get an idea, then do the same for the Venty, not so much for the UV protection because this screen seems to be of higher quality, but just to keep scratches and smudges off the screen. Especially the ones that inevitably end up in the corners where the plastic of the body meets the edge of the screen and are a pita to clean.​
  • Cooling unit seems to line up correctly now, unlike before.
I noticed on the OG (RIP) that when the unit had been in use at top temp for a while and was very warm, the cooling unit had to be FORCED to position, I have only had the unit up to 180c (356f) so far and the cooling unit seems to go to the correct lined-up-position that it should on this unit.​
  • The brittleness of the back of the body and the up and down buttons being pressed is fixed.
The unit feels MUCH more solid this time around. No weird creaks or clicky sounds as if the plastic was pressing apart and creaking/cracking while doing so. Also, the flex of the plastic on the back of the unit is gone that was there on my OG unit while pressing the up button.​

• The orange accents on the new unit are slightly brighter orange and pop, making the OG orange look a little washed out in comparison.

At the end of the day, Sorry-not-sorry about the TinyMight 2’s luck. It’s going back into “dust mode” again! Just like it was before I got my OG (RIP) Venty.

The Venty is just SOOOO much better. The experience I am having after using the exact same flower grind used in the TM2 last night is SO much better today going through the Venty. I am so much higher, and it’s so much more of a head high than the TM2 ever delivered while I didn’t have my Venty. The Venty can actually MAKE ME PANIC, it works so well and efficiently at extracting the cannabinoids, flavonoids, terpenes, and everything else you want for the entourage effect..

The TM2 has NEVER gotten me close to panicky paranoia mode (which I sometimes have a love-hate relationship with.) It honestly doesn’t even give me a head high at all. I think the heater is just too powerful even when on settings 2-3-4 and it obliterates the terps way too fast to get the medicinal benefits from them. I’ve heard it likened to a car lighter in the way it works, and if that’s how the thing works, I don’ think the temperature control is anywhere near as accurate as that of the Venty, or even the Mighty or Crafty, imho.

I AM a Stoz and Bickel fan boi, and I’ll admit it. But I can’t take offense being called that considering I have TRIED other things and they just do NOT have the oomph that I want out of a vape. I want to own the BEST DEVICE defined as “being the device I choose to go to time and time again to medicate because it makes me feel the way I want to feel.”

Also, here’s an obligatory affiliate notice after all of that ranting and raving about how great something is out of the goodness of my heart so that other people know:

I am not an affiliate. These are my personal views after owning this product and enjoying it daily for over 17.5 hours of total use.

I just ordered a tm2 with all the stuff to go with it but I am having doubts... still feeling the same after having it a bit longer?

Anyone else with a tm2 wanna try and talk me out of it and Into a venty before vgoodz ships it out to me?..
I dont need to finish a bowl in one-two hits which ppl seem to do on the tm2 a lot. I'd rather sip it which also seems doable on tm2 but ppl don't mention it much and not sure if I like the dial for the temp control..
I jave not used either one yet and am just getting into vaping... I would prefer flavor and longevity over a quick hit.. does tm2 do it with more flavor or is venty the new king?

Shuoink,
Reactions: DadaBoo

RustyOldNail

I just ordered a tm2 with all the stuff to go with it but I am having doubts... still feeling the same after having it a bit longer?

Anyone else with a tm2 wanna try and talk me out of it and Into a venty before vgoodz ships it out to me?..
I dont need to finish a bowl in one-two hits which ppl seem to do on the tm2 a lot. I'd rather sip it which also seems doable on tm2 but ppl don't mention it much and not sure if I like the dial for the temp control..
I jave not used either one yet and am just getting into vaping... I would prefer flavor and longevity over a quick hit.. does tm2 do it with more flavor or is venty the new king?

Peoples opinions will vary on both sides. I’m fortunate enough to own both.
CONDUCTION versus CONVECTION, so they are inherently different, thus not a really fair comparison.
Perhaps buy the first one you were drawn to after researching, and if it’s not satisfactory, sell it, and get the other.
I know it’s WHIMPY advise, but I wouldn’t tell you how to spend your money, even if I just did! :)

Shuoink

Peoples opinions will vary on both sides. I’m fortunate enough to own both.
CONDUCTION versus CONVECTION, so they are inherently different, thus not a really fair comparison.
Perhaps buy the first one you were drawn to after researching, and if it’s not satisfactory, sell it, and get the other.
I know it’s WHIMPY advise, but I wouldn’t tell you how to spend your money, even if I just did! :)
Very fair answer. Yes I am aware of the whole apples to oranges comparison and they both work different ways. I appreciate that, I just hate to buy someth8ng like this and try it and not like it and have to resell again instead of exchanging but thats the nature of the products. I may just end up with both and selling one after some trials... appreciate the thoughts

AndyO

I've been having a heap of fun with the Venty that I won last week.

I have a Volcano and a Mighty+, both of which I bought early in my VAS phase, but neither of which I use a lot now - I prefer a mixture of my Dynavaps, TM2 and Flowerpot B1.

I really like everything about this Venty though. It doesn't appear to have the Bickel tickle. The heat up time is obviously great. It doesn't have that harshness which I often enjoy from my TM2, but sometimes just can't stomach. The adjustable airflow is fantastic. And while I, like I think most others, thought this thing was ugly as balls when we first saw it, it's actually a nice size - it feels more comfortable to hold than the Mighty+, the weighting in the hand is really well balanced, and it's pretty good in the pocket of a pair of jeans. This feels a lot more convenient to carry around than the Mighty+ (which is all I really used it for, cos I don't want to take my TM2 mouthpiece outside my place.)

Probably need to do some research on the dosing caps - I'm not sure whether they're supposed to fit. I mean, they do, but it feels like I'm using a bit of strength to close it with a dosing cap.

tgvp

Sure, its quite an ugly looking device but you know what they say, what really matters is the inner beauty

Dance Halloween GIF by aurel

On a more serious tone, I agree that the form factor is quite practical, it fits perfectly in hand, not as large as TM2&co with their pretty woody body. A bit shorter would be perfect, but that great cooling unit needs some space. And TBH, I'm amazed on how efficient it is to cool down the vapor.
Has anyone found or built an outfit for the venty? Just to hide that outer ugliness and maybe add some protection, as it is efficient enough to numb some hands after a few bowls? I've seen some silicone ones for crafty or mighty but nothing yet for the venty. Otherwise I was planning on cutting it a leather suit, but have not passed the drawing stage yet
Sexy Cat Woman GIF by Kinda Funny

AndyO

On a more serious tone, I agree that the form factor is quite practical, it fits perfectly in hand, not as large as TM2&co with their pretty woody body. A bit shorter would be perfect, but that great cooling unit needs some space. And TBH, I'm amazed on how efficient it is to cool down the vapor.
Has anyone found or built an outfit for the venty? Just to hide that outer ugliness and maybe add some protection, as it is efficient enough to numb some hands after a few bowls? I've seen some silicone ones for crafty or mighty but nothing yet for the venty. Otherwise I was planning on cutting it a leather suit, but have not passed the drawing stage yet

Great call on the cooling. I'm not a terp chaser at all, medical weed in Australia is nowhere near good enough. So I'm constantly starting my bowl at 200c and I'm stunned by how effective the cooling is. No need to even look for any 3rd party cooling units; I do have a whip with a WPA on one end and a rubber adapter at the other, which I've used to run the Mighty+ through water, but it doesn't seem to add much, if anything to the Venty, it's already great at vapor production and cooling.

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
I’ve had the Venty for quite some time. And honestly I’m just not very impressed with the unit. It might partially be my fault because I put a huge expectation on it because of the heater specs. To me it’s just OK. I generally like my unit off of a bong, and honestly the mighty suits me better for this. The Venty is definitely more enjoyable to use when using the mouthpiece but it just seems like it’s missing something for me. I hooked it up to a bong through a silicone tube it doesn’t perform as well as the mighty with the Delta 3 studios wpa.
I’m definitely going to wait until someone makes a water piece adapter for for I make my final decision. It’s here, but it just sits around. My TM2 and my new number🥇portable the 🔥MiniVAP🔥outperform this in EVERY WAY off a bong. 🪦☠️👊🏾.

SolidAirrr

Considering changes on the Venty, I've recognized a difference in the oven's housing from those official pics as well as those, which eg @philiegram lately uploaded of his bricked unit.

don't your latest versions also look like this?

btw, again thank you philliegram for providing these pics and your research in general. What kinda 'blade' did you manage to squeeze in that tiny slot next to the orange covers, I wonder.

Also, how is the lower part (with the second small board) sealed off from the oven? Is there an o-ring where the cable to the oven goes though?

Dr. G

Old Resident
Greetings Everyone, sad news is that my Venty got an E04 and died...not working at all. So, I went and started a return...does anyone know what the procedure is when this happens? This totally sucks.
They responded very quickly as usual...I am to send it to an address in the United States, in Oakland, California. Anyway, they answered me on Instagram and on their website where my account shows their response and approval.

PS I am curious if the new units have that new style heater...with the ridges...the two that I have look the same without the ridges.

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
I’ve had the Venty for quite some time. And honestly I’m just not very impressed with the unit. It might partially be my fault because I put a huge expectation on it because of the heater specs. To me it’s just OK. I generally like my unit off of a bong, and honestly the mighty suits me better for this. The Venty is definitely more enjoyable to use when using the mouthpiece but it just seems like it’s missing something for me. I hooked it up to a bong through a silicone tube it doesn’t perform as well as the mighty with the Delta 3 studios wpa.
I’m definitely going to wait until someone makes a water piece adapter for for I make my final decision. It’s here, but it just sits around. My TM2 and my new number🥇portable the 🔥MiniVAP🔥outperform this in EVERY WAY off a bong. 🪦☠️👊🏾.
Yeah I don't think it's a bongers dream. I don't like the Mighty on the bong tbh, but my TM2 rips on it (although I prefer the Anvil tbh). That being said, the TM2 stock is not great dry imo, I vastly prefer the Venty.

So I'm in the situation where I prefer my Anvil on a bong and the Venty dry...

Top Bottom