Venty by Storz & Bickel

JoeMama

@brquad225 I changed out the coarse screen for the finer screen on my CU. I use caps, too, and sometimes I pack them (0.15-0.2g), and I'm experimenting with coarser grind but less amount (0.1g).

I've found that with finer grind, particles of ABV get caught by that fine CU screen, and you can see it well.
While the finer screen may effect airflow, Venty is so wide open that I sense no difference.

After each capsule dump, I gently swipe the CU screen surface with a soft terry (do it fast, shit's hot!).

I suppose this will also allow for cleaning the CU less often since that screen is playing defense for the screen inside the CU.

Last edited:
Custom caps
yeah same lid too each cap ,no bending just match them up once cleaned
ive had the gold ones a couple of years and they are the same , but still great no bending or youll end up them all being a pain in the arse .

the logo ive rubbed it a good few minutes with 99.9% iso and nothing was on the cloth or discloured .

anyway 3rd replacement on its way , once ive confirmed why they came to the the conclusion they did ill post their reply ,
it is a strange issue and could very easy be missed ,it involves a lose led screen so worth complaining ,
but only does it at a specific time ,

anyway must have been something as been replaced
3 in 2 month hope this ones solid and the end of if
this time

G

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I have an interesting question for Mike (@Delta3DStudios) and @ChooChooCharlie), while Charly's Venty is in for, uh, evaluation. Assuming it is still there enjoying the Florida winter.
Thanks for the shoutout! It's been a beautiful fall/winter down here on the Space Coast - much better than that hot summer we had!

What do you think of the idea of an adapter that would allow a Venty cooling unit to install on a Mighty? :\

Interesting idea! I'd likely prefer the part printed out of something heat-safe like stainless steel but certainly possible given that I have a Mighty and the Venty on loan for testing

I encouraged Mike to take his time and enjoy using it for a while. He's probably busy fulfilling xmas orders, waiting for a break before starting Venty design ideas

Which I greatly appreciate! Indeed things have been quite hectic lately. However things finally started to calm down and I've actually made a *LOT* of progress with the Venty (still haven't done any beta-testing yet due to a long needed T-break from vaping to give my lungs a rest :lol:)

However I've already finalized a loading funnel, confirmed that my Medium-size Nearly Universal WPA works on the mouthpiece, AND designed a prototype 14/18mm WPA which I intend to 3D print out of stainless steel (anyone interested in ordering a prototype to help with testing? Fill out the contact form on my website or shoot me a private message).

I've already started designing a charging dock stand for the vaporizer, but haven't quite dialed in the fit yet before I can put on the finishing touches such as cable wiring management and such, but that'll happen fast.

I should have a new Venty category on the storefront along with the flexible funnel listed within the next week or two, and hopefully should have some photos of a prototype charging dock before the end of the year if possible as this is a high priority project for me.

Are you able to use smaller amounts with this? Or is it like the volcano with a huge bowl?

As with any vaporizer which uses dosing capsules - you can "microdose" by using an EMPTY dosing capsule as a spacer - place a tiny bit of herb in the oven and then put an empty spacer to fill the void for optimal extraction/performance.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
AND designed a prototype 14/18mm WPA which I intend to 3D print out of stainless steel

Just remember, there were many reports of even the hard plastic WPA’s (the 14mm glass connection was fine) breaking the S&B bayonet mount, and the all rubber/silicone WPA’s, being a bit sloppy and coming off while removing from water rig. I own both types, and was just very careful NOT to over tighten the plastic/glass WPA, as I like the 14mm GONG connection. Didn’t use the all rubber one much.

Not sure about a METAL one, besides cost. Look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

I tried going through some pages and got a little tired ,so sorry for being a little blunt ,but is there really no tear down of the heater yet . So many people having useless units lying around and no one is actually interested to see what people are breathing through ..I have seen almost any popular vaporizer out there broke down to the last wire ,but not this one .Does anyone know at least what the heater material is ? Like this is not FC anymore :whip:.
Hi yes there 2 pictures not sure which page 10 maybe back more ,,around and just after they were bricked ,,
look around that date , 2 good photos from a manufactur, fuck know how he got the orange screw caps out without marking ,

i wonder if he noticed the loose screen which you only noticerd ,before the power buttons touched that day ,or left a few hours left off , press top left/right ,clicks ,,not firm
apparently its a normal feature ,
ill see if the new one /3rd has it ,they must have found something
anyway yeah pics up ages ago.

someone in a few pages back from US mentioned getting charged $100 custom duties ,

youve not be ripped off
not sure what your duties VAT are its 24% added into the UK
BUT SnB are one of the very few who remove the German Tax AT THE TILL
instead of $444 dollars ,what did they charge , should have been around $350 with their tax off ?
so the vat /what ever % your country’s borders charge and duties would have been added back on
making it around the dollar price you saw ,
SnB and tinymight are the few who do do it ,
if you paid 444 DALLARS AND AND OTHER 100 SOMETHING NOTcorrect ,
in the UK tinymight sorry mentioning a company but seems relevant in this post ,they pay 24% vat/tax and leave it on ,but no customs as they pay the uk ,
No your ok i think ,check your credit card , see what SnB was ?
mine i paid €357 I think at the till or on my statement ,i was the €444 but changed to euros ,then my credit card exchanged it at what the rate was too uk pound and the german vat off. It
Then customs was £91 I think so takes it to not far off or should ,
the exchange rate ANYONE And the euros a bit low youll,save abit ,
I paid £420 23rd October if I’d have bought now I’d have paid £370 around ,
retailers here are that price ,so might not be as much as you think if your on the fence
G

Vapor-catzG,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Just remember, there were many reports of even the hard plastic WPA’s (the 14mm glass connection was fine) breaking the S&B bayonet mount, and the all rubber/silicone WPA’s, being a bit sloppy and coming off while removing from water rig. I own both types, and was just very careful NOT to over tighten the plastic/glass WPA, as I like the 14mm GONG connection. Didn’t use the all rubber one much.

Not sure about a METAL one, besides cost. Look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

Absolutely I fully intend to add a disclaimer on any metal WPA I produce warning people that I am not liable for any damages to the threads on the Venty because I don't know how these new threads will handle the stress when over tightened or when the device is running at max temp since I'm sure the damage would not be covered under warranty

Green Kiwi

is it me?,or is this tread quiet, quite(excuse the pun...)?
Is it because no one dare's to post any thing about the Venty again,out of fear to be burned down by the "non, and will not"owners whom poisoned this tread?(I almost feel like the mod's were a bit lenient,in the tread, in other treads they would have put the brakes on a bit earlier, imho:2c::ninja::peace:
Or is there simple no one whom ordered one after that .....?

seriously , keen on your opinion!

(BTW. I still want to get one, but can't afford it atm.)
:(.

Dropped my Venty recently, from ca. 1,5m, the bottom corner of the housing broke, but it still worked perfectly. As I had my bricked Venty still handy I managed to easily swap the bottom front casing! It was a very easy process and it cannot be anticipated by S&B that I swapped it b/c they do not even have the „void warraty“ stickers or similar. Keep your bricked Ventys they may be useful in the future! My next step is swapping the batteries with my bricked one so I can charge them, and keep them for future battery replacement if my battery would die. Did anyone swap the battery already? Let me know your thoughts about using the bri ked ventys for spare parts (obviously not the oven as it was faulty with the bricked ones). Looking forward to some feedback!

If anyone is interested in the process I can add some pictures.

Last edited:

cptofnthng

I have maybe vaped 10 bowls with it. Except the wide open air flow, which leads in turn to very whispy hits, i dont feel any difference to a mighty and regret buying it tbh. Also my CU is slightly off, its not parallel with the unit after mounting it. Had E05 Yesterday for a second.

Is it because no one dare's to post any thing about the Venty again,out of fear to be burned down by the "non, and will not"owners whom poisoned this tread?(I almost feel like the mod's were a bit lenient,in the tread, in other treads they would have put the brakes on a bit earlier, imho:2c::ninja::peace:

Get one, it is great!

SolidAirrr

@philiegram I'd definitely like to see some more pictures of its inside.
Especially interested in the connection of the batteries in their pack as well as to how that pack is connected.

Btw, I thought it was rather something about the batteries/power management that caused the forced bricking. you think it was the oven itself? That'd be justification to rip that (old) one open as well to have some insights.
however, pictures greatly appreciated :)

bobothevaper

I have maybe vaped 10 bowls with it. Except the wide open air flow, which leads in turn to very whispy hits, i dont feel any difference to a mighty and regret buying it tbh. Also my CU is slightly off, its not parallel with the unit after mounting it. Had E05 Yesterday for a second.
Shouldn't it be way better than a mighty?

bobothevaper,
Reactions: dimmusp
@philiegram I'd definitely like to see some more pictures of its inside.
Especially interested in the connection of the batteries in their pack as well as to how that pack is connected.

Btw, I thought it was rather something about the batteries/power management that caused the forced bricking. you think it was the oven itself? That'd be justification to rip that (old) one open as well to have some insights.
however, pictures greatly appreciated :)
Will post some pictures throughout this week, but the batteries are connected via soldering to a special frame, so not easy to just swap by „regular“ 18650s. But the pack of 2 or rather the mentioned frame can be screwed off and replaced pretty easily, not done it yet, just by inspection i recognized only two screws holding the pack… I am pretty sure they said the oven was drawing too much energy, will try to find the source again (Probably within the last 60 pages of this thread). batteries was definitely no issue. an you probably cannot change any other electronics b/c they were bricked via the firmware update. IMHO it is safe to change everything but the oven or the electronic boards…

SolidAirrr

...but the batteries are connected via soldering to a special frame, so not easy to just swap by „regular“ 18650s. But the pack of 2 or rather the mentioned frame can be screwed off and replaced pretty easily...

Yeah, I read that the batteries are wired in "2s1p", a way to allow fast charging.
However, geeenerally that could be replicated in a mod which allows replacing 18650s, if the wiring of their modded case is done correctly, couldn't it?
But yeah, would require some effort.
The frame itself is connected to the board with those typical [missing correct term] "board-pin plugs", right?
Anyway, looking forward to more inside pics :tup:

SolidAirrr,

I'm interested in the Venty. I can afford one.
There is a theme I have applied the majority of my adult life. I don't mind spending money, I just don't want to waste it.
S&B in my opinion has not earned my money in so far as the Venty is concerned. In time, maybe, once they get the bugs worked out.
I will say thanks to those whom are passing on the lessons of the Venty..... :smug:

Last edited:

Adgej123

I got mine last week and in honesty, have to agree. Previously owned a Mighty, Mighty+, Volcano, Plenty, and I would put the Venty closest to Plenty in terms of output. The airflow is cool I guess, but like you, the wide open hit doesn't appeal, even closed the draw is very airy overall. My bud is coming out after a session a much lighter shade of brown than from my Mighty(s). Not sure if this is just better extraction, in terms of quicker, or just less production of vapour.

If I didn't have a Mighty, I'd recommend, but to be completely honest I think I prefer my Mighty+

Would appreciate any feedback from others, or if there is any tips for ultimate production.

My review score after one week would be around 7 currently. I also feel the battery isn't much, if any better than my year old Mighty+

Overall slightly underwhelmed considering the price, but still a good bit of kit.

If ordering from the UK direct from S&B watch out for DHL attempting to charge double import tax. I paid via the online link customs, then a week later had a letter requesting payment and had to send my own proof of payment. Bizarre

justcametomind

Dropped my Venty recently, from ca. 1,5m, the bottom corner of the housing broke, but it still worked perfectly. As I had my bricked Venty still handy I managed to easily swap the bottom front casing! It was a very easy process and it cannot be anticipated by S&B that I swapped it b/c they do not even have the „void warraty“ stickers or similar. Keep your bricked Ventys they may be useful in the future! My next step is swapping the batteries with my bricked one so I can charge them, and keep them for future battery replacement if my battery would die. Did anyone swap the battery already? Let me know your thoughts about using the bri ked ventys for spare parts (obviously not the oven as it was faulty with the bricked ones). Looking forward to some feedback!

It's your assuption that the bricked Ventys have a faulty oven: no one other than people at S&B really know what was actually faulty.
I read this thread from the beginning: nobody ever wrote that the oven was the faulty part here. A member who has a friend working at SB said that the faulty part was something that gets outsourced from SB, but that (if true) is all we know.
In this situation I wouldn't play with battery-swapping to be honest (or swapping-anything fwiw).

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I’ve seen a few comments-complaints about the airflow, comparing to a Mighty.
I own both. Never liked the restriction of my Mighty, but some do.
Since the airflow dial on the Venty can be set from fully open, to completely closed, I find it odd that those that like a restricted draw, can’t duplicate the Mighty’s?
There are no indents on the dial, the airflow is one smooth band, and minor adjustments do a lot.

I can easily match my Mighty restriction if I cared to. I like to change the airflow during my session, starting tight, and as the load gets warm and expands, as I increase the temperature, I slowly open up the dial.
The adjustable airflow and 130w heater that’s hard to overwhelm, are the two main features I enjoy.
In a previous post, I listed my battery mAh tests…..

and in my opinion, holding the Venty is much more comfortable and satisfying then the odd shaped Mighty.

I got mine last week and in honesty, have to agree. Previously owned a Mighty, Mighty+, Volcano, Plenty, and I would put the Venty closest to Plenty in terms of output. The airflow is cool I guess, but like you, the wide open hit doesn't appeal, even closed the draw is very airy overall. My bud is coming out after a session a much lighter shade of brown than from my Mighty(s). Not sure if this is just better extraction, in terms of quicker, or just less production of vapour.

If I didn't have a Mighty, I'd recommend, but to be completely honest I think I prefer my Mighty+

Would appreciate any feedback from others, or if there is any tips for ultimate production.

My review score after one week would be around 7 currently. I also feel the battery isn't much, if any better than my year old Mighty+

Overall slightly underwhelmed considering the price, but still a good bit of kit.

If ordering from the UK direct from S&B watch out for DHL attempting to charge double import tax. I paid via the online link customs, then a week later had a letter requesting payment and had to send my own proof of payment. Bizarre
IMO... (non owner) I would have put the valve on the intake side of the airflow not after the bowl.
I can't see it makes any difference than what can be had from a slow draw.
Now the valve on the intake side would effect boiling point.
Slight vacuum changes vapor point and in turn a higher ratio of vapor to air. (bigger hit)
That's why carb caps work on Dab Rigs. (low tech)

I question if this thing has too much tech in it, and limits the ability to get a "big hit".

I would hope someone from S&B checks this forum.
IMO, feedback is what they need as to quality control, and product development.

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil

I have a Venty and will be discussing it here, problem is, it's currently wrapped up under the Christmas tree.

On the plus side, it will remove any cost based bias.

Disclaimer, I love my Mighty+ and if the Venty is a Mighty with almost Volcano bag airflow, I'm gonna praise it and love it.

JoeMama

Funny, I was thinking that just yesterday as I checked the board.

I bought the Venty in the very beginning, had to brick it, then got a new one, RMA'd it for a BT issue, and had it back very quickly.... I had a Mighty+ that I loved, but sold it to a friend who really liked it.
The Venty feels good to hold as opposed to Mighty, and does heat up faster.

To be fair, I think Venty is "marginally" better for performance, but mostly better for style. The BT tech is unnecessary, IMO, haven't even bothered with it. Was it worth the money... I wanted a powerful handheld vape... I think this nails it. Don't need another for a while... right... :D

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
To be fair, I think Venty is (...) mostly better for style.

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Top Bottom