Venty by Storz & Bickel

Dr. G

Old Resident
Just received mine and it's in the process of charging. I have to say, first impressions is this thing is solid. It's also not nearly as big as the pictures and videos make it seem. It's still shorter then my arizer airmax when factoring in the stem and about the same size with the CU removed. I don't know why it looks so massive in all the pictures.
The more I use it...the smaller it gets. It is just perfect. Every photo I see makes it look like the Tower of Babel....huge, unapproachable....but, when you hold it...its small. I think that the MIghty is massive in the hand compared to the Venty. I love how it stands too...solid. Also, it fits better in the pocket than my Mighty...

stressed

day 17 since i bricked mine. two polite requests for info sent. one on wednesday, one yesterday. no response yet. is it my breath?

they seem to randomly send new units depending on the spin of a roulette wheel. i wish i could praise their customer service but it's random, inefficient and ridiculous.

to those of you who have your new units, congrats, you are the chosen ones! take a few pulls for me. :)

redspawn

day 17 since i bricked mine. two polite requests for info sent. one on wednesday, one yesterday. no response yet. is it my breath?

they seem to randomly send new units depending on the spin of a roulette wheel. i wish i could praise their customer service but it's random, inefficient and ridiculous.

to those of you who have your new units, congrats, you are the chosen ones! take a few pulls for me. :)
We will (but today on my brandnew volcano onyx, fu black friday).

Have u tryed to write them on Facebook? I have waited 2 weeks for my replacement and ask them often. Seems they answer facebook messages faster.

Hope u get urs soon. 😎

Stonedbadger

You are being perhaps too kind. See if I was you I would have moved past the "polite requests" and would have started to remind these cheap bastards off all the doom and hail fire that will rain down on their sorry asses unless they lift their game

brquad225

So...ordered my Venty on 11/20 and it arrived today. Charged it full using the Supercharger (very quick and worth having it).

These are the biggest clouds I've experienced. Just used the presets starting on the base temp and bumped up using the boost modes. Jeez. And the adjustable air flow? Awesome. I was like most people -- I figured the clouds would be less dense the more you increased airflow - wrong. It will give what you can take. Plus, the efficiency is great and the effects are like none other.

It does really feel solid in the hand. And it is smaller than what I thought it would be. Still, quite larger than say...my Pax, but very manageable! The size is even a feature of it based on how it feels when you hold it. I also like that it stands up on its own with no issues.

I ordered dosing capsules, which I have never used before. So, I will be giving those a shot soon. I also ordered the case, in which it fits perfectly. I'm extremely happy with this rather expensive vape (early Christmas present to myself!).

Dr. G

Old Resident
So...ordered my Venty on 11/20 and it arrived today. Charged it full using the Supercharger (very quick and worth having it).

These are the biggest clouds I've experienced. Just used the presets starting on the base temp and bumped up using the boost modes. Jeez. And the adjustable air flow? Awesome. I was like most people -- I figured the clouds would be less dense the more you increased airflow - wrong. It will give what you can take. Plus, the efficiency is great and the effects are like none other.

It does really feel solid in the hand. And it is smaller than what I thought it would be. Still, quite larger than say...my Pax, but very manageable! The size is even a feature of it based on how it feels when you hold it. I also like that it stands up on its own with no issues.

I ordered dosing capsules, which I have never used before. So, I will be giving those a shot soon. I also ordered the case, in which it fits perfectly. I'm extremely happy with this rather expensive vape (early Christmas present to myself!).
I think you might really love the capsules...I never use capsules...always putting it straight in....anyway, started using capsules. For now, it seems to me that the flavor got enhanced...but, others in my family think I am crazy.

justcametomind

For all the posts about shipping, now there’s a shipping thread here:

Last edited:

brquad225

I think you might really love the capsules...I never use capsules...always putting it straight in....anyway, started using capsules. For now, it seems to me that the flavor got enhanced...but, others in my family think I am crazy.
Yep, I used two before crashing last night...they are super convenient for on the go use and keeping the insides clean. Plus, it's nice having the whole dosing capsule magazine full of caps ready to go for anytime use.

Still not sure which I prefer yet. Seems like I can get a bit more material in the chamber sans dosing capsule, which gives slightly stronger effects. Also, found myself setting the temp higher manually when using the dosing caps for similar effects as without. Maybe I still need to get used to it, but I feel like I'll probably preload the dosing cap mag and use the caps for convenience and on the go mostly. When I'm chilling at home, prob just fill the chamber. I'm still glad I got it, nice to have the options and it was cheap!

Dr. G

Old Resident
Yep, I used two before crashing last night...they are super convenient for on the go use and keeping the insides clean. Plus, it's nice having the whole dosing capsule magazine full of caps ready to go for anytime use.

Still not sure which I prefer yet. Seems like I can get a bit more material in the chamber sans dosing capsule, which gives slightly stronger effects. Also, found myself setting the temp higher manually when using the dosing caps for similar effects as without. Maybe I still need to get used to it, but I feel like I'll probably preload the dosing cap mag and use the caps for convenience and on the go mostly. When I'm chilling at home, prob just fill the chamber. I'm still glad I got it, nice to have the options and it was cheap!
I agree with the convenience...and when you get the 40 loader you can give each capsule the same amount of herb if you are medicating and want to control your intake. I realized I was over medicating and the capsules are a great idea.

Does the venty compare to hitting the volcano hybrid with the whip and fan on ?
There is so much freedom with the flow of a balloon...and with a fan on it just flows out. The Venty has a free flowing feel like the Volcano but, different...still has the S&B whisp to it. It is more like taking a hit from a balloon from the classic. Full flow when you inhale.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Watching Troy and Jerry's stream last night. Looks like Troy's replacement Venty is getting error codes when he toggles between F and C and then locks him out for a short time. He created an rma and is sending it in.
I saw that on the other forum and that truly sucks...he knows Jurgen he isn't going to have a problem returning that. LOL. Time for a new unit.

JoeMama

I use the capsules, too, mainly to keep things clean and neat... FWIW, IMO, the main difference with using them insofar as performance goes, is simply "time". The more time on the temp setting you choose, the more conduction will do its thing and heat the material through contact with the aluminum; this sort of makes up for true unimpeded airflow you'd get without the cap, where convection does more work. It just seems to me that using caps increases conduction and decreases "air contact" with the herb, and therefore takes time to get the herb uniformly heated through.

Before S&B, I was used to being able to microdose with ROFFU or V3P, as I said earlier, using @RustyOldNail 's suggested method of dumping the cap to cool between the maybe 2-3 "sessions" per capsule. But microdosing is harder to do with Venty/Mighty; capsules help in that regard, with the mild tradeoff of introducing more conduction than convection.

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
small upgread on the bag
the capsules are quite handy as a backup or quick charge, otherwise I don't find significant differences from the bud in the chamber, maybe I just wasn't that attentive

That is AWESOME...and the bud is WOW! Enjoy...nothing like it. Great photo and I like how you used the tag...I put the container they sell in there. It fits perfect. I am wondering if they did that with purpose. The four capsule tube fits perfectly there.
So, I carry the Venty and the little tube there. Thanks for sharing...

PS My son carries the Venty in the Mighty case which is wider and he puts all of his accessories there...

Choices

Three capsules since arrival. This device is simply amazing. I will mention it is so much faster than my OG Mighty I quickly realized my normal routine of turning my vape on and loading a capsule while it heated up just won’t cut it. I now make sure to fill up my capsule before I push the orange button.

Last edited:

brquad225

I use the capsules, too, mainly to keep things clean and neat... FWIW, IMO, the main difference with using them insofar as performance goes, is simply "time". The more time on the temp setting you choose, the more conduction will do its thing and heat the material through contact with the aluminum; this sort of makes up for true unimpeded airflow you'd get without the cap, where convection does more work. It just seems to me that using caps increases conduction and decreases "air contact" with the herb, and therefore takes time to get the herb uniformly heated through.

Before S&B, I was used to being able to microdose with ROFFU or V3P, as I said earlier, using @RustyOldNail 's suggested method of dumping the cap to cool between the maybe 2-3 "sessions" per capsule. But microdosing is harder to do with Venty/Mighty; capsules help in that regard, with the mild tradeoff of introducing more conduction than convection.
After many more sessions with capsules and without (for testing purposes of course), I see the light. It does just take a bit longer for the capsule to get up to temp....then works the same as without. I'm starting to prefer caps for ease of use and controlling dosage.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I just saw VGoodies has them for $40 for five of them...

That’s where I bought my (10) from, I’ve posted the link and my impressions earlier in this thread.
Look for a discount code, he also runs sales.

Here it is again:

Choices

That’s where I bought my (10) from, I’ve posted the link and my impressions earlier in this thread.
Look for a discount code, he also runs sales.

Here it is again:

HOLIDAY20 is the code for 20% off…

JoeMama

Try the TITANIUM capsules…. hard to beat…
I took your lead and bought 10 from VGoodies. I got them yesterday.... Nicely machined little things, the lids snap on just right.

If I only had a Venty to try them in. Still waiting on my RMA. I hope they're lickity split about this... The unit was working just fine except for the software glitches.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
If I only had a Venty to try them in. Still waiting on my RMA. I hope they're lickity split about this... The unit was working just fine except for the software glitches.
I recall @ChooChooCharlie may have been the first on FC to post that he returned Venti on rma, for error codes.

Maybe he could tell us how long it took?
Hopefully his wait is over? I think it was pretty much concurrent with the general recall malaise, so that may be a difference to your timing.

ChooChooCharlie

I was a first day buyer, one of first to RMA, late October. Received replacement Nov 26, a Sunday, DHL from Germany, I had clicked on their email to fill out a "no signature required" online form

My case is an outlier, however, as they asked me to physically return unit. This was before the remote testing and subsequent bricking for others

Now it's in Mike's hands at @Delta3DStudios . We talked about a charging stand and a loading funnel. He may test out a silicone WPA, but I think POTV has that under development -- resizing their existing Mighty/Crafty PEEK/silicone glass adapter

Last edited:
Top Bottom