Venty by Storz & Bickel

Dr. G

Old Resident
YES, replaceable when and if it needs to.
I believe they include a bowl replacement screen with the Venty. It might DEFORM when prying it out, but if you don’t mess it up too bad, you can normally press it back to flat. I haven’t tried replacing it, as the techniques I use after every session or two, means it will stay clean for a long…. long time. I’ve posted my own methods a FEW times previously in this thread.
Wow! Thank you for the answer! I started cleaning like you said today. Thank you for taking the time to answer. I appreciate it.

PS @JoeMama we got an answer...yes, it is replaceable.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
YES, replaceable when and if it needs to.
I believe they include a bowl replacement screen with the Venty. It might DEFORM when prying it out, but if you don’t mess it up too bad, you can normally press it back to flat. I haven’t tried replacing it, as the techniques I use after every session or two, means it will stay clean for a long…. long time. I’ve posted my own methods a FEW times previously in this thread.

Well, I finally deactivated my Venty. So I removed the oven oring, for a spare.
Briefly tried removing the oven SCREEN. Trying not to scratch the oven, I first tried using the S&B orange stir stick/tamper, useless.
Then a fairly sharp large wooden stick (bigger than a toothpick), useless.
I then tried a very pointy titanium pick, didn’t dig to deep, didn’t work.

Gave up for now, will revisit this, in case I want to eventually use a new screen on the replacement Venty someday.
Most likely the removal will ruin the installed one, not a big deal.
Certainly NOT as easy or simple as their documentation says!

I’ll certainly be using the qtip swabs to keep the screen clean for as long as possible.

bumaye

Yesterday I finally recieved my Venty! I have read people like it more than their Tinymight 2. I feel like i dont agree with that. The Venty is said to be a very good at vapor production but I feel like the vapor production is pretty much that of my Mighty. My Tinymight definately outperforms the Venty in vapor production but thats not a surprise.
What bothers me the most is that the avb is very light with the Venty. I believe its even lighter than with my mighty. Is it supposed to be that light? I feel like theres plenty good stuff left...

bardad

I'm a fool
I forgot to write that I own the last tm2 device and I thought it was the best vape until now.
quality material, quite decent design and size, lots of options to operate and upgrade it, not a big company, but handmade, moreover from Finland, where I was in the summer and it's the best there....
the only thing that bothers me about it is its fragility and that it does not have a consistent browning. it is easy to darken the bud only somewhere and somewhere it is undercooked.
with the vents I got a completely different design, more industrial and practical, but what I consider most important is that it's a hybrid, I found that I don't enjoy pulling hot steam unless I'm dragging long glass pipes etc.
I enjoyed the tm2's ease of draw but the vents are in a whole different league with adjustable airflow and I tried it once yesterday and I was still immediately impressed by the simplicity, intensity, purity and lightness of the vapor production. I didn't feel any scratching in my throat at all and I'm used to putting the bud directly in the chamber, so in tm2 it's unevenly baked, but venti is luxuriously evenly baked.
i think the automatic temperature adjustment function of the draft really works on the vent, it's fantastic.
i think it's perfect for people who vape a lot, mainly for health reasons, because it gives them a consistent process, it's extremely simple to operate and it's really very effective.
Of course, if you're looking for more of a ritual in vaping, I'd pick up a vapman, for example.
I'll see, for now I'm putting the tm2 in the closet, but only time will tell when I'll take it out. I think venty is not the last upgrade in the field of vaping, so I'm looking forward to what the future will bring us.
cheers to the designers

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, I finally deactivated my Venty. So I removed the oven oring, for a spare.
Briefly tried removing the oven SCREEN. Trying not to scratch the oven, I first tried using the S&B orange stir stick/tamper, useless.
Then a fairly sharp large wooden stick (bigger than a toothpick), useless.
I then tried a very pointy titanium pick, didn’t dig to deep, didn’t work.

Gave up for now, will revisit this, in case I want to eventually use a new screen on the replacement Venty someday.
Most likely the removal will ruin the installed one, not a big deal.
Certainly NOT as easy or simple as their documentation says!

I’ll certainly be using the qtip swabs to keep the screen clean for as long as possible.
Have you seen this Mighty video? It shows chamber screen removal/replacement.
That starts at 1:05 in.
If Venty's chamber bottom has a similar circular indent, it might follow the same procedure. I have done this many times with Mighty and the screen falls right out.
It is possible, as you said, to re-flatten the screen, but the edges may be more prone to scratching the bowl on re-insertion?

justcametomind

Have you seen this Mighty video? It shows chamber screen removal/replacement.
That starts at 1:05 in.
If Venty's chamber bottom has a similar circular indent, it might follow the same procedure. I have done this many times with Mighty and the screen falls right out.
It is possible, as you said, to re-flatten the screen, but the edges may be more prone to scratching the bowl on re-insertion?
the bottom of the chamber of the Venty is completelfy flat, no indent at all, it's not that easy unfortunately

vapviking

Old & In the Way
the bottom of the chamber of the Venty is completelfy flat, no indent at all, it's not that easy unfortunately
Okay, I went to the Venty users manual, it describes a slightly different variation on the Mighty method.
@RustyOldNail were you saying this did not work?

RemovingtheScreen
If a Screen is clogged, it must be replaced.
Press in the Screen, using the Filling Chamber Tool along the groove of the Filling Chamber.
The Screen bulges and detaches from the groove.
Clean the Screen with rinsing water or isopropyl alcohol.
Installing the Screen
Bend the cleaned Screen beforehand or use a new Screen.
Insert the Screen into the Filling Chamber with the curved side facing upwards.
Press the Screen flat into the provided groove with the aid of the Filling Chamber Tool.

redspawn

IMG-3462.jpg

IMG-3463.jpg

IMG-3464.jpg

You just have to „Peel“ it out with the Tool… Very easy if u make it 2-3 times, and screen bends less than on Mightys.

Hope the pictures i made explain it better than words :)

Stonedbadger

ReVENTYJust got 10 bowls on charge in comparison to 14/per charge on OG VENTY ,AND without being redundant just hopping in; because of the OG Error code i assume S&B tweaked electronics for the oven to react quicker with more Power therefore using more stored power .dreaming of replaceable/ rechargeable VENTY 2.0 ,reason is charging time is Long imo ,Even with the 3 Amp supercharger. = C’mon VENTY 2.0 replacable- batteries,And definitely more Testing IS Needed. Cheers
Is anyone else getting less bowls per charge on the new venty?

Here is the response I got from S&B about the E04 I saw out of the box. I guess it’s only a problem if it comes back.

“When you doesn´t receive the error message again there is no need for further action.

In case you receive the E04 again, please press the +button and provide us with the error code which then appears but further pressing of the +button you can scroll through the error history of the VENTY.

Please provide us with all error codes.

Please nortice that this only works if the E04 error is visible on the display.”

sukhda

Yep! My original did it. Haven’t gotten my replacement yet. Supposed to be here tomorrow. I’m assuming it’s where it’s still broadcasting for Bluetooth for a bit after it’s turned off.
I think you're exactly right. I turned off my device, and for the duration that the screen was still emitting some light, the device was discoverable via Bluetooth. As soon as the screen switches off fully, the device is no longer reachable via Bluetooth.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
So is the general consensus that it is better than the tiny might 2 ?
I guess the general consensus depends on the thread you ask that question in? :D
I mean, if you ask that same question here or in the TM2 thread you'll get totally different replies imo.

But i think a thread dedicated to comparing these two devices is the "best" way to go? If you really want to compare apples and tangerines that is... Should be done at own risk tho. ;)
Then at least you'll get both fanbases and possible some more neutral people to reply...

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
To be a hater, one must first receive their units.
Very true. Though I wish people would hate more on the scenario than the device itself. The device is amazing, the launch has not been. Just feels kinda lazy for people to say it's a rehashed mighty just because they feel vindicated that the launch has been a bit rocky.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
IMG-3462.jpg

IMG-3463.jpg

IMG-3464.jpg

You just have to „Peel“ it out with the Tool… Very easy if u make it 2-3 times, and screen bends less than on Mightys.

I had to use a small metal concentrate tool, that has two tiny sharp fork points, to PRY it out. Maybe your CLEAR S&B stir tool has sharper edges, then my unclear solid orange version? Even though I’ve keep my screen very clean, swabbing often, it was still a bit stuck, probably due to the normal sticky resin, even using mostly capsules, and the occasional direct loads. I won’t be replacing the oven screen often…..

Last edited:

JoeMama

Yesterday I finally recieved my Venty! I have read people like it more than their Tinymight 2. I feel like i dont agree with that. The Venty is said to be a very good at vapor production but I feel like the vapor production is pretty much that of my Mighty. My Tinymight definately outperforms the Venty in vapor production but thats not a surprise.
What bothers me the most is that the avb is very light with the Venty. I believe its even lighter than with my mighty. Is it supposed to be that light? I feel like theres plenty good stuff left...
I've had similar thoughts about the "brownness" of the herb with both the Venty and the Mighty. TBF, I'm coming off a ROFFU and I think that thing is a great hit- through-water device, and the herb would toast to 220ºC. I was a bit surprised that S&B temps only went to 210, since (I thought) there were some high-value compounds available above 210. Then I learned that some cannabinoids and THC compounds could "burn off" if the temperatures are too high above their boiling points... not to forget the less desirable elements extracted as you edge toward combustion, methinks.

So, I suppose I can live with ABV that's suitable for rolling and most wouldn't know the difference. I get plenty medicated with the Venty. Venty Plenty.

210. We
IMG-3462.jpg

IMG-3463.jpg

IMG-3464.jpg

Nice photos!
But does that same screen go in nicely enough? Anything special about the process of putting it back in?

Last edited:

redspawn

I've had similar thoughts about the "brownness" of the herb with both the Venty and the Mighty. TBF, I'm coming off a ROFFU and I think that thing is a great hit- through-water device, and the herb would toast to 220ºC. I was a bit surprised that S&B temps only went to 210, since (I thought) there were some high-value compounds available above 210. But then I learned that some really important cannabinoids and THC compounds could "burn off" if the temperatures are too high above their boiling points, not to forget the less desirable elements extracted as you edge toward combustion, methinks.

So, I suppose I can live with ABV that's suitable for rolling and most wouldn't know the difference. I get plenty medicated with the Venty. Venty Plenty.

210. We
IMG-3462.jpg

Nice photos!
But does that same screen go in nicely enough? Anything special about the process of putting it back in?
No nothing special, just bend it a little bit and Push it back…

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I had to use a small metal concentrate tool, that has two tiny sharp fork points, to PRY it out. Maybe your CLEAR S&B stir tool has sharper edges, then my unclear solid orange version? Even though I’ve keep my screen very clean, swabbing often, it was still a bit stuck, probably due to the normal sticky resin, even using mostly capsules, and the occasional direct loads. I won’t be replacing the oven screen often…..
Respectfully, I'm not sure you guys were actually following the recommended procedure. Did you watch the Mighty video I posted above, and read the instructions in the Venty manual?
The action is not prying, it is pushing down, multiple times, to deform the screen to the point that it's diameter is smaller than that of the groove's.
The difference from Mighty to Venty, according to the manual, is the place you press down.
It is not a function of how sharp the tool may be.

I have to say 'respectfully' because truth be told I don't have a Venty. I have, however done it 'both ways' with Mighty, and I see the easy way for that one is the factory prescribed way.

It's really fine with me if you will never have a need change your screen, I am simply hoping to present some useful information to the group, from the manual and my experience.

justcametomind

Respectfully, I'm not sure you guys were actually following the recommended procedure. Did you watch the Mighty video I posted above, and read the instructions in the Venty manual?
The action is not prying, it is pushing down, multiple times, to deform the screen to the point that it's diameter is smaller than that of the groove's.
The difference from Mighty to Venty, according to the manual, is the place you press down.
It is not a function of how sharp the tool may be.

I have to say 'respectfully' because truth be told I don't have a Venty. I have, however done it 'both ways' with Mighty, and I see the easy way for that one is the factory prescribed way.

It's really fine with me if you will never have a need change your screen, I am simply hoping to present some useful information to the group, from the manual and my experience.
How can you push the screen down if the bottom of the chamber is completely flat

vapviking

Old & In the Way
How can you push the screen down if the bottom of the chamber is completely flat
I suppose your question would better answered by the manufacturer.
YES, I’m not a dope!
I have a question. This is not addressed in your recent posts,

What is your feedback about your attempt at using the procedure described in the manual as, "Press in the Screen, using the Filling Chamber Tool along the groove of the Filling Chamber.
The Screen bulges and detaches from the groove."?

Top Bottom