Venty by Storz & Bickel

JoeMama

Try the titanium or stainless steel capsules. Much better.
What exactly is better, heat up time??

EDIT
I realized that I should be able to find the answer to that by using a new toy....

Perplexity.ai says:
Titanium Mighty Vaporizer dosing capsules are considered better than aluminum ones for several reasons. Firstly, titanium capsules are more durable and less likely to bend, making them easier to open and close.
Moreover, titanium capsules provide a better conduction-convection balance, resulting in intense vapor and great flavors...
Titanium transfers heat progressively, offering a smooth and light convection heat as well as intense heat distribution, resulting in a longer vape session and more distinct flavors for a more enjoyable vaping experience

(I did not know this!)

https://instavape.com.au/products/mighty-titanium-dosing-capsule

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
What exactly is better, heat up time??

EDIT
I realized that I should be able to find the answer to that by using a new toy....

Perplexity.ai says:
Titanium Mighty Vaporizer dosing capsules are considered better than aluminum ones for several reasons. Firstly, titanium capsules are more durable and less likely to bend, making them easier to open and close.
Moreover, titanium capsules provide a better conduction-convection balance, resulting in intense vapor and great flavors

(I did not know this!)

https://instavape.com.au/products/mighty-titanium-dosing-capsule

Wrote my NON - Ai opinion at link below:

Dosing caps are overrated IMO. Dump that flower into the chamber and rip away!

Your opinion is duly noted.

JoeMama

Wrote my NON - Ai opinion at link below:

VGoodIEZ is a hell of a company... I placed an order just 30 minutes ago and they just gave me the shipping notice.
Thank you for the input and reference!

Okay, so I just got my replacement. Opened it up, turned it on, connected to the app to make some adjustments, all seemed good. Then I pack it and go to use it and it flashes E04. WTF. I turned it off and back on and it worked and I did a full session just now. I plugged it in to charge since I just got it and the battery is low. but WTF. Did they just send me another lemon?

Could it have something to do with the fact that I used it straight out of the box before charging it full? Someone on Discord said this happened to them with their first unit when the battery was low.

EDIT: I e-mailed them to describe what happened and see what's up. I did a factory reset in the app and also clicked the "analysis" button which told me "successful with no issues detected." Anyone know what that "analysis" does?

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Could it have something to do with the fact that I used it straight out of the box before charging it full?
Every device I own says to fully charge the battery before first use to set the battery up for a good long life...especially important with non-user-replaceable batteries, what does the S&B Venty manual say in regards to this?

Every device I own says to fully charge the battery before first use to set the battery up for a good long life...especially important with non-user-replaceable batteries, what does the S&B Venty manual say in regards to this?

Yeah, I'm aware, but I went ahead and used it anyway.

The manual of course says to fully charge before first use. But it doesn't seem like a reasonable expectation that failure to do so will result in a fatal error. I used my original Venty before fully charging it too.

cptofnthng

Did S&B ship to their vendors yet? I have placed an order on 11/02 with LCV and nada yet. Seems they delievered to customers that ordered on their webshop first, after they replaced the owners for their faulty ventys. Or maybe they havent been able to keep up with demand.

justcametomind

Did S&B ship to their vendors yet? I have placed an order on 11/02 with LCV and nada yet. Seems they delievered to customers that ordered on their webshop first, after they replaced the owners for their faulty ventys. Or maybe they havent been able to keep up with demand.
The German shop here states it will be available on 1.1.24 since a couple of days https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/venty
Before of that availability was supposed to be 1.12.23. They basically don’t have a clue imho but it seems clear it’s not something that will be resolved in weeks.

cptofnthng

I imagine verdampftnochmal could be a big enough shop for them to know more from S&B. But like you said, maybe they're just cautious. I guess its waiting time, good thing i have a new zeal to play around with.

cptofnthng,

sukhda

Has anyone else noticed that when you turn the Venty off, the screen doesn't fully turn off right away? You need to look from an acute angle to see it, but there's definitely still some light being emitted (its also probably easier to see in the darker environment). I timed it earlier and it was a little over 3 minutes before the screen really was "off".

It doesn't bother me, just curious to see whether others see the same.

Dr. G

Old Resident
We ordered a second one and we have an almost two week wait...our Venty now is working perfectly. It is a beast...we are using it nonstop. Over worked. The rest of the vapes are taking a vacay for now.

PS The battery life is outstanding...with the amount of time we are on it...we had to only charge it once. The super charger has it up and running fast.

@sukhda When we turn it off...it turns blue for a few seconds...then, off. So, from green to blue. I am not sure it is supposed to stay on...

WirtDog

Dosing caps are overrated IMO. Dump that flower into the chamber and rip away!
I would have completely agreed with you before I followed a tip from this group to remove the CU screen on my Mighty OG? I added to it by adding a titanium mouth piece. Using factory dosing capsules and running at 410F I can produce larger denser clouds with better total extraction than with any other vape I have. I would love to test that setup against a Venty used natively to see if the Venty could exceed my modified Mighty OG. I was never satisfied with the performance of the Mighty OG until I made the changes. I am following Venty feedback very closely. Sure early problems will be sorted out and Venty will out perform the Mighty!

sukhda

Yeah, mine goes green to blue and then off. But there's still something illuminated after that. It's by no means bright, and at a glance (and second and third glances) it looks off. Looking directly at the screen if definitely looks to be off. But if I look down on the screen from a certain angle there's definitely still some light there. Perhaps some residual light from the LED screen(?). No idea.

I'm also probably not explaining it very well...the Venty is a fun device, and I've spent the last couple of hours putting it through its paces.

justcametomind

I would have completely agreed with you before I followed a tip from this group to remove the CU screen on my Mighty OG? I added to it by adding a titanium mouth piece. Using factory dosing capsules and running at 410F I can produce larger denser clouds with better total extraction than with any other vape I have. I would love to test that setup against a Venty used natively to see if the Venty could exceed my modified Mighty OG. I was never satisfied with the performance of the Mighty OG until I made the changes. I am following Venty feedback very closely. Sure early problems will be sorted out and Venty will out perform the Mighty!
How many hits does it take to clear a full capsule in your modded Mighty? Other than judging by clouds density, which is basically unmeasurable I think that the main thing is that the venty can clear a cap in 3/4 big hits.

Has anyone else noticed that when you turn the Venty off, the screen doesn't fully turn off right away? You need to look from an acute angle to see it, but there's definitely still some light being emitted (its also probably easier to see in the darker environment). I timed it earlier and it was a little over 3 minutes before the screen really was "off".

It doesn't bother me, just curious to see whether others see the same.
Same here, never noticed it.

Last edited:

JoeMama

Still waiting for a response from S&B on my weird Bluetooth dysFunction.
Small concern as long as this thing keeps cooking.

I would have completely agreed with you before I followed a tip from this group to remove the CU screen on my Mighty OG
Help me understand this, doesn't the lack of a screen cause the capsule to have no constraint on moving up and down from the bottom of the oven to the "top" of the inside of the CU??

How many hits does it take to clear a full capsule in your modded Mighty? Other than judging by clouds density I think that the main thing is that the venty can clear a cap in 3/4 big hits
You got big lungs :D
I fill a cap tamped down to half-full... maybe .15g. After a primer draw or two at 192ºC, I'll get 2-3 nice clouds, and then use @RustyOldNail 's technique of dumping the cap to cool. Next round I'll just go to Max and get another 2-3 nice clouds.
Looking forward to using the Ti caps. I love this thing.

4-Aces King-High

VGoodIEZ is a hell of a company... I placed an order just 30 minutes ago and they just gave me the shipping notice.
Thank you for the input and reference!
Got titanium caps on the way from VgoodiEZ for My ReVenty mainly for convenience,flavor and thermal properties.
ReVENTYJust got 10 bowls on charge in comparison to 14/per charge on OG VENTY ,AND without being redundant just hopping in; because of the OG Error code i assume S&B tweaked electronics for the oven to react quicker with more Power therefore using more stored power .dreaming of replaceable/ rechargeable VENTY 2.0 ,reason is charging time is Long imo ,Even with the 3 Amp supercharger. = C’mon VENTY 2.0 replacable- batteries,And definitely more Testing IS Needed. Cheers

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Help me understand this, doesn't the lack of a screen cause the capsule to have no constraint on moving up and down from the bottom of the oven to the "top" of the inside of the CU??

I just looked at my titanium capsules, the bevel seems to go right up to where the screen fits. Can’t tell if it touches the screen, as I can’t see through the CU when it’s mounted, but they won’t go any further. These so called tips for removing screens etc., may well be good for a Mighty+, but I don’t see the relevance on a Venty. Some Mighty users, swapped the coarse stock screen to the fine screen, but again, this is a different device. The stock coarse screen on the Venty works as intended, and keeps larger bits out of the CU, when loading the chamber directly. Not much of an issue when using capsules in a Venty, the screen mostly collects vapor/resin. I’ve found that using any fine screen between the flower and the CU the screen will collect more vapor/resin then a coarse screen, slowly reducing airflow, and clog sooner. Removing the CU screen entirely, means more bits get into the CU, meaning more cleaning. As HEAT & AIRFLOW are superior on the Venty using capsules, don’t believe removing the CU screen has any meaningful effect.

I SUGGEST using the Venty as S&B designed it for awhile before jumping down modding rabbit holes. If you feel you can make it better yourself then the design team, then do as you please…

Working great for me in the STOCK configuration, with capsules, direct loads, etc.

More importantly in my opinion, is swabbing the CU screen with a qtip with 190 ethanol, placing it right side up to keep the solvent on the outer screen mesh, though it dries almost instantly, and if you rub a dry qtip on the screen you’re good. By this time the chamber/bowl has cooled enough to do the same qtip clean on the bowls bottom screen. Now I leave the Venty upside down for a minute, just in case, as I don’t want any solvent dripping down, in case I overloaded the qtip.

I do this after every session or two. Perhaps OCD, but it increases the time before I open the CU for a vapor/resin cleaning. This also makes all your sessions as flavorful as possible. I know many would never bother with these cleaning tips… but I know what works best for me.

WirtDog

How many hits does it take to clear a full capsule in your modded Mighty? Other than judging by clouds density, which is basically unmeasurable I think that the main thing is that the venty can clear a cap in 3/4 big hits.

Same here, never noticed it.
I would say 6-7 hits in two heat up cycles? Don't get me wrong? I am hoping Venty will prove superior!

Dr. G

Old Resident
I just looked at my titanium capsules, the bevel seems to go right up to where the screen fits. Can’t tell if it touches the screen, as I can’t see through the CU when it’s mounted, but they won’t go any further. These so called tips for removing screens etc., may well be good for a Mighty+, but I don’t see the relevance on a Venty. Some Mighty users, swapped the coarse stock screen to the fine screen, but again, this is a different device. The stock coarse screen on the Venty works as intended, and keeps larger bits out of the CU, when loading the chamber directly. Not much of an issue when using capsules in a Venty, the screen mostly collects vapor/resin. I’ve found that using any fine screen between the flower and the CU the screen will collect more vapor/resin then a coarse screen, slowly reducing airflow, and clog sooner. Removing the CU screen entirely, means more bits get into the CU, meaning more cleaning. As HEAT & AIRFLOW are superior on the Venty using capsules, don’t believe removing the CU screen has any meaningful effect.

I SUGGEST using the Venty as S&B designed it for awhile before jumping down modding rabbit holes. If you feel you can make it better yourself then the design team, then do as you please…

Working great for me in the STOCK configuration, with capsules, direct loads, etc.

More importantly in my opinion, is swabbing the CU screen with a qtip with 190 ethanol, placing it right side up to keep the solvent on the outer screen mesh, though it dries almost instantly, and if you rub a dry qtip on the screen you’re good. By this time the chamber/bowl has cooled enough to do the same qtip clean on the bowls bottom screen. Now I leave the Venty upside down for a minute, just in case, as I don’t want any solvent dripping down, in case I overloaded the qtip.

I do this after every session or two. Perhaps OCD, but it increases the time before I open the CU for a vapor/resin cleaning. This also makes all your sessions as flavorful as possible. I know many would never bother with these cleaning tips… but I know what works best for me.
What great tips on cleaning... I learned lots...I am going to start cleaning this way. I was not. It is such a great idea to clean and place it right side up to keep the solvent out. Brilliant...thank you. It is so logical to do this like this...I have no logic apparently...great ideas and thank you very much.

ChooChooCharlie

Venty-back-in-baby-s-arms.jpg

BTW, I used capsules in Mighty/Crafty, the lids would get sticky from resin transferring from CU screen inlet area. Q-tips don't work well with that CU screen in place, so I removed it. Swipe inlet area resin easier without screen after every capsule dump. (had nothing to do with airflow, just annoying stickiness) Since I fill caps with lid compressing slightly, very little herb gets out of capsule, so screens were redundant IME. However, I use Venty direct without capsules because my brain fools me into thinking I get better flow without capsules. With Mighty/Crafty, the flow impedance was from the limited number of oven holes. Venty covers its oven with holes for better flow, more than in capsule base and lid, so capsule becomes a slight flow obstruction compared to no capsule use, in my lame opinion

JoeMama

190 ethanol, you say. I didn’t know this til I looked it up,but it’s less toxic than ISO… Amazon here I come.

With the original CU coarse screen, and using capsules, it got an unusual amount of resin buildup inside over a few weeks of continuous use. At that I should’ve made my grind less fine, as I noticed it was an unnecessarily fine grind for this device. But instead I changed the screen to the fine grade, and just keep that screen clean after each session by gently wiping the particulate from it.
I think I will go back to the course screen with courser grind and take it from there. I agree that there really isn’t a good reason to remove the screen in the first place, especially since the air flow with the course screen is so good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom