Venty by Storz & Bickel

JoeMama

When device is switced on:
Press the Power and minus button simultaneously.
Display shows "bLE"
Then up/down to activate/deactivate.
Brilliant, thank you!

Well, it's all good.... We can question how we might have done it differently if we owned S&B, but at the end of the day, did the customer get his goody in a reasonable amount of time and is he satisfied enough to keep his faith in the comnpany? Yes, yes he is :love:.

Last edited:
Can i ask is the cooling unit better aligned on your replacements ?
seems the bluetooths been fixed ,
when one problem in life goes an other has the habit of appearing
all sounds hopfull with the VENTY
take care all
G

JoeMama

My unit seems to be doing something it shouldn't be doing:
Per this video,
• I press the power button quickly, once. Notice the screen: "BL" and the Bluetooth symbol appear briefly.
• Again, same thing: press power quickly, and "BL" and the BT symbol appear briefly.
• Three times, again same, just to demonstrate this weirdness....
• The FOURTH time, I hold the power button (as if I actually intend to turn it on), and notice that the Bluetooth symbol disappears.

I have to go and re-set Bluetooth per the instruction above by @redspawn . Now I see that it's been canceling/disappearing constantly after the unit is turned back on after cooling down. I always seem to be able to turn BT back on, though, so I'm not too worried...

--- What is the "BL"?, and in the second video, the "zero" ??
--- What's with the disappearing BT disconnect?

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has any issue with their replacement!

Can i ask is the cooling unit better aligned on your replacements ?
Virtually no change to the fitment of the CU alignment to the body. It may be that the new CU may fit just a little better but it could be the luck of the tolerance-draw.

Last edited:
CAN i add I didn’t mean to double post ,I went to edit it ,and that happened ,
my slang lol ,iam from Glasgow all my life ,even people from England find it difficult too understand ,
we write but expect I guess the reader to know my humor or what I mean ,
I guess the place i felt I fitted in ,
i dont ….

anyway seems the old problems I’ve mentioned to them many times hasn’t been looked at ,
I find this a bit of a slap in the face ,
a cheap case a voucher and we should be delighted ,fuck weve just spent £459 who cares ,just give us what it should be ,
these are not new part faults this is silly mistakes and tolerances,
Still say or think minor adjustments to their cooling unit
that could be sent out ,
bluetooth maybe a firmware fix ,
have you checked the firmware,maybe an update waiting?
or a factory reset ,
I was just about to cut this seal when saw the Bluetooth was staying off ,
this is now more than being patient ,
ive emailed them to confirm these problems were fixed/not fixed
I’ll wait and see ,
I think if they know and making changes to the cooling unit I’d be ok with that and Bluetooth can be sorted via the app
As long as the main unit is sound ,but think iam done until they sort all these annoying issues,
All I think is is these are issues in front of my face ,then what can’t I see ,
after seeing your post I’ve lost any confidence I had ,sorry

someone mentioned circuit board problems,,,,could a crafty or mighty board have been used
In first ones ,hence the panic ro brick them ,
just a thought ,
just hope it’s not more of the same ,don’t think I’ll open this until they answer ,
G
goodluck hope it’s a welcome firmware update ,doupt it though so soon
Looked the BLE apparently means low energy
that was on the first unit
the BL is just Bluetooth used on iPads ,phones everything ,
I assume because it now stays off then doesn’t matter so much and maybe its the one connected to the new board
It’s not updated in the manual but not sure but some things in it look different,
anyway I’d charge it ,do a reset then set your Bluetooth to,on or off and see if it heats ,
need to ask them if this is the case and how much more power the new Bluetooth uses
i switch any off if iam not updating or using the app with any,,
hope it works pal ,,,there nothing worce
G

Last edited:
Dhl was 24hrs to the U.K. for my lol VENTY last Wednesday really quick ,,
still not cut the seal ,,i nearly did to support joemama but I’ll wait till SnB reply ,
hope you get it quick aswell.
G

redspawn

My unit seems to be doing something it shouldn't be doing:
Per this video,
• I press the power button quickly, once. Notice the screen: "BL" and the Bluetooth symbol appear briefly.
• Again, same thing: press power quickly, and "BL" and the BT symbol appear briefly.
• Three times, again same, just to demonstrate this weirdness....
• The FOURTH time, I hold the power button (as if I actually intend to turn it on), and notice that the Bluetooth symbol disappears.

I have to go and re-set Bluetooth per the instruction above by @redspawn . Now I see that it's been canceling/disappearing constantly after the unit is turned back on after cooling down. I always seem to be able to turn BT back on, though, so I'm not too worried...

--- What is the "BL"?, and in the second video, the "zero" ??
--- What's with the disappearing BT disconnect?

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has any issue with their replacement!

Virtually no change to the fitment of the CU alignment to the body. It may be that the new CU may fit just a little better but it could be the luck of the tolerance-draw.
Maybe Check the permanent Bluetooth in the App, oder reset the venty may help. Can test it a long as i get mine today.

The CU will fit after a few weeks using. Had the same with my crafty and mighty. I figured out thats the thick O-Ring where u screw on the CU. If its new it seems a litte bigger so the CUs „snap back“ 0.1mm. On my dead venty it was the same. New: Not fitting perfect. Now: fits exactly.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I figured out thats the thick O-Ring where u screw on the CU. If its new it seems a litte bigger so the CUs „snap back“ 0.1mm. On my dead venty it was the same. New: Not fitting perfect. Now: fits exactly.

Exactly…..
My impressions, link below…

justcametomind

On Storz website and looking at Orders, does anyone here know what “Captured” refers to? Usually I see things like “Order Received” or “In Progress” but never saw “Captured“ before. May be a Euro thing, I suppose. Asking here first as I imagine Storz has plenty (!) on their plate right now Without foolish questions.

Exactly the same here. Ich got my Tracking ID yesterday. And i ordered after this (yesterday too) a couple of spare-parts an get a Tracking ID for this Order too… The spare-Parts are on the way and maybe delivered today, the Venty replacement is still Not Picked up…
But no worrys, had the same „thing“ many times in the past and im shure our Packages picked up today 🫣
Google traslator at work translating from german? My orders page lists my previous orders which appears to be either "cancelled", "closed" or "completed". While I don't know the difference between "closed" and "completed" I bet "captured" (meaning "collected"?) is some inaccurate translation for "completed".
3 days of emailing S&B support, being ignored by them on social media and phoning the courier numerous times, in the end being told by the courier that the package had a note on it (from me speaking to them) saying its warranty replacement. I had a driver turn up to my door, with the package. Asking me to pay the additional charges. Wouldn't look at my invoice. Called his office, there was 'some note on the system' but still unable to release the item to me. I'm not there now for a few days so this package will probably go back to Germany.

Meanwhile lots of posts about Venty parties on social media and they're taking your money if you want to pre order for 2-3 weeks
You already knew from the start it was a pain to order anything from Germany to your country: IIRC you said a few pages ago it already happened to you to receive salty custom bills, even with replacements, from there. But you ordered a Venty from Germany nonetheless.
season 7 lee carvallo GIF

You would have the same issues even if you ordered canned wiener schnitzels but blame "lots of posts about Venty's parties" and Storz&Bickel for taking people's money if they want to pre order: their priority should now be your package fees.
You ordered and consequently accepted the risks.
I get that you are frustrated and I'm sorry for you but turn up your nose for people posting about a launch party and S&B for still accepting preorders seems a bit childish to me.

Last edited:

redspawn

Google traslator at work translating from german? My orders page lists my previous orders which appears to be either "cancelled", "closed" or "completed". While I don't know the difference between "closed" and "completed" I bet "captured" (meaning "collected"?) is some inaccurate translation for "completed".
No, its a very very bad translation. In german „captured order“ just means „order received“ (Bestellung erhalten).

I personal had no problem with the recall itself. My big anger is about their communication after the recall. If they wrote like: Hey u get your replacement at next 4 weeks for example, it would absolutly fine for me. So ure right, its buyers risk and sometimes things happen. But when they write „next week“, nothing happens and they dont answer any communication while partying and praise themselfs piss me really off… Maybe im too „german“ to keep calm in this situation 🤭🤣

Last edited:
SNB got back to me ,
major electrical upgrades and fixes / updated firmware
just opened mine and checked ,all seems better , cover on screen this rime
i also checked firmware and can confirm it now V1.02
iam using apple so might be an other i cant download like my hybrid
i can upgrade it on android but not on apple ,
dont think so though as seems up to date
Bluetooth now working as it should ,
mine still has BLE on setting it
id do a reset if yours is still just BL , have you fully charged it first ?
I think your right cooling unit will wear in ,
my bricked one is already done it a wee bit ,
so more happy than i thought and they have fixed issues but the look of things
not used it yet ,doing a few burn in s first and top the battery up
it does feel better in the hand i think ,
anyway hope everyone get theirs soon
G

Aryeah

Vape Man
So, since I received my DHL conformation that my replacement unit is coming, I have nothing on DHL's site stating anything except received. No tracking information is showing and I have no idea if it has been transferred to UPS for delivery. I guess my luck has run out.

I called DHL and they have no information on the package ever being picked up on 11/21 or today 11/22. Even though S&B sent me a support email stating it would be transferred to UPS today. Once again I got screwed by S&B.

Last edited:

Rainbow and Rasta

So, since I received my DHL conformation that my replacement unit is coming, I have nothing on DHL's site stating anything except received. No tracking information is showing and I have no idea if it has been transferred to UPS for delivery. I guess my luck has run out.

I called DHL and they have no information on the package ever being picked up on 11/21 or today 11/22. Even though S&B sent me a support email stating it would be transferred to UPS today. Once again I got screwed by S&B.
come on dude - please try with a little patience

redspawn

well you don’t seem to be driven by soooo much negativity because of it, so thank you for that and a child before Christmas would be anything but negative 💚
Are u shure about that? Ever seen a child thats getting his gifts a day after christmas? 🤭😋

If u read my past posts, u will read much negativity too… But im shure the negativity disapears wenn everyone has their own Venty. 😶‍🌫️🤩

Aryeah

Vape Man
`
come on dude - please try with a little patience
I can be patient, I have no problem with it, as a waited 2 years for a Toad Vaporizer 😀. It's just S&B sending lousy emails and communication. Don't keep telling me fluff. Just tell me we are working on shipping out replacement units and you'll get shipping conformation in 2 to 3 weeks from when you disabled your unit. That's all they needed to say and I would be happy with S&B, but they did not.

JoeMama

Last edited:

redspawn

`

I can be patient, I have no problem with it, as a waited 2 years for a Toad Vaporizer 😀. It's just S&B sending lousy emails and communication. Don't keep telling me fluff. Just tell me we are working on shipping out replacement units and you'll get shipping conformation in 2 to 3 weeks from when you disabled your unit. That's all they needed to say and I would be happy with S&B, but they did not.
I think exactly the same. I cant understand why Companys (no matter how big or small they are) cant communicate clear the facts (on any topic). Im working as a Bank Teller (hope i translate it correct), so i talk every day to many customers. And my 20 year personal experience ist very very clear: Shit happens… on every company… But dont tell ur customers shit! Never! Communicate clear, no matter how big the fault is. Customers love it and will come back. Satisfied customers will come back and spend more money and all are happy… Maybe im too stupid to get the Point 🤗😬
So enough OT soooooo back to Venty:

First ball on a brand new Vape guys… I couldnt never ever imagine that i forget my loved Mighty+ and Crafty+ that fast 🤯

I've opened a tech support inquiry with SB regarding my odd app issues outlined above.

While my Venty works just fine from a getting the job done POV
:love:
, this will annoy the crap out of me until it's resolved
:rockon:

Posting for awareness, if anyone else sees these things I'd be curious.

Mine works like it should. This „bL“ dont show up on mine. Hope urs is only a software issue.

redspawn,
Reactions: JoeMama
Top Bottom