Venty by Storz & Bickel

JoeMama

lol I too was wondering if the CU would line up on the replacements, alas methinks not.... that's the last thing on their mind, and besides, the problem wasn't mechancial so unless they're gonna restart the production line for the plastics, I don't expect the alignment to change anytime real soon.

lol I too was wondering if the CU would line up on the replacements, alas methinks not.... that's the last thing on their mind, and besides, the problem wasn't mechancial so unless they're gonna restart the production line for the plastics, I don't expect the alignment to change anytime real soon.
Might be able to fix it in the cooling unit ?
my screen was also not centre ,
ive asked them if these things were also fixed
they did say id receive a PERFECT VENTY ??
i think the screen might have been rare as not heard anyone mention it ?
ive had mine since last Thursday but havent opened it for reasons in my others posts
people mentioned postage its always been dhl to the uk when ive ordered anything ,
they posted Wednesday arrived Thursday , always been really good ..
ask them to use DHL with your shipment ,no real reason for them not too,
ive had DHL from US it was 3days if I remember,,quick though
G

Some-new-user

So I wasn’t imagining that? 😂 it’s ever so slightly off? Does this feel like it was a little rushed in the way there’s these quirks with it? I loved the mighty when I first got mine, it came with a filling tool and a proper charger and I felt like S&B had really thought of everything. This was 2018 when they improved the battery, I think the screen on that is still fine. My medic, purchased a year later has a faulty screen. Both still function though.

I updated/bricked my venty last week, got a phone call from courier customs asking me to pay the import duty again. I’ve emailed S&B but no news yet. I’m in the UK, I feel other people on here already have a replacement. Any issues like this or am I just being unlucky here?

It’s strange, I wasn’t overly blown away by the venty but it did become my most used portable vape almost instantly. I asked for adjustable air flow and I enjoyed that feature a lot

So I wasn’t imagining that? 😂 it’s ever so slightly off? Does this feel like it was a little rushed in the way there’s these quirks with it? I loved the mighty when I first got mine, it came with a filling tool and a proper charger and I felt like S&B had really thought of everything. This was 2018 when they improved the battery, I think the screen on that is still fine. My medic, purchased a year later has a faulty screen. Both still function though.

I updated/bricked my venty last week, got a phone call from courier customs asking me to pay the import duty again. I’ve emailed S&B but no news yet. I’m in the UK, I feel other people on here already have a replacement. Any issues like this or am I just being unlucky here?

It’s strange, I wasn’t overly blown away by the venty but it did become my most used portable vape almost instantly. I asked for adjustable air flow and I enjoyed that feature a lot
What does your receipt/invoice say?
it should be 00.00
then the case was same but no charge
not the price of the VENTY like when you first bought it ,
mine said 00 and no other duties were charged ,law says they can but if the invoice is worded right you shouldn’t be ,
in some cases maybe if the items years old but not THIS ,not whats happened here ,,,youve not even used the thing hardly ,
get on to SnB and kick up ….its the only way the listen sometimes ?
ive had an other item on warranty where the retailer put full price and i had to pay twice ,
had couriors removing discounts so i was over the duties limits
but check your invoice ,fuck that it was £89 duties first time on the VENTY ,why should you pay even more than you already have for SnB s mistake /fuck up ,
they dont seem to be ending very quick ,
i dont even have the confidence in them at the moment to break the seal on this one
G

Why instead of reviewers partying ???
id have much rather whated something telling us something ,felt more annoying than anything ,or instead of an hour dabbong ..
jusr a thought for us waiting on answers
not showing us the replacement they got sent ??and were the problems/issues discussed on here addressed ?
show us what they sent you ,?
Electrics use will tell if any error codes appear , but
these other visible and user problems build quality were they addressed ,
If i sent it back though i lose the duties ,,get better lol
What does your receipt/invoice say?
it should be 00.00
then the case was same but no charge
not the price of the VENTY like when you first bought it ,
mine said 00 and no other duties were charged ,law says they can but if the invoice is worded right you shouldn’t be ,
in some cases maybe if the items years old but not THIS ,not whats happened here ,,,youve not even used the thing hardly ,
get on to SnB and kick up ….its the only way the listen sometimes ?
ive had an other item on warranty where the retailer put full price and i had to pay twice ,
had couriors removing discounts so i was over the duties limits
but check your invoice ,fuck that it was £89 duties first time on the VENTY ,why should you pay even more than you already have for SnB s mistake /fuck up ,
they dont seem to be ending very quick ,
i dont even have the confidence in them at the moment to break the seal on this one
G

when i think every SnB vape I’ve bought had to be returned /brilliant
G

Vapor-catzG,

cptofnthng

"Proofread your posts for clarity and quality. Semantics, spelling, punctuation and grammar are important when conveying thoughts and information in a text-based medium. Avoid using slang which may not be understood by other members."

Can anyone speak further on this? I had to pay duties as well and did not think of this fact when performing the self-destruct. Will S&B cover the fees? I could maybe settle for store credit but man this is a bummer.
Wanted to update this thread concerning those who originally paid duty and fees on their first shipment of VENTY. After reaching out to S&B for confirmation here's my exchange:

Q: Thank you for the reply, I have one final question for you. With my Venty I had to pay duties and fees at the door, is this something that would be covered by you directly for my replacement unit? Appreciate all the help so far!
A:
Thank you for getting back to us.
The replacement will be sent to you without any further costs for you!
Thank you for all your assistance in this matter.

Happy with that reply I've been watching my shipping progress from Germany to Canada and just got hit with this email from DHL:

Hello _________,​
Your DHL Express shipment with waybill number _______________ from STORZ & BICKEL GMBH is arriving in the country and will require customs clearance. There are Import Duty and/or Tax and Customs Clearance Service Charges due on your shipment. The amount is CAD 110.54.

To avoid any impact on delivery, please pay us this amount securely online now. Click here to pay, view the calculation and download the relevant documents.​
I'll email S&B and see what they say but I'm feeling pretty unhappy as a customer who already paid a lot for a new product.

pomogirl

That's annoying, for sure, but if you can wait longer, send S&B the DHL receipt and their reply, and keep following up every so often. Saving $100 sounds like it's worth the wait no matter who is at fault. I did not buy a Venty, yet, but I'm amazed they're already sending out replacement units after such a catastrophic recall. Many companies, especially still-rather-artisan vape companies, would not come out of this alive, and then none of you would get the o-rings you've been lusting after.

Herbie

Anyone who purchased prior to the "restock" still waiting on their shipping confirmation?

I just received confirmation this morning. The unit is being shipped from Germany to the US. Coincidentally or not, this came after a couple of emails to customer service. I was one of the very first buyers. I bricked my unit on November 12th.

Thunderbelch

Anyone else just get a tracking number without the package actually getting collected from S&B? Status has been stuck on "Shipment information received" since yest. Accessories order I placed late last night has already been collected

WirtDog

Here's the thing about manufacturing. They don't test every single component of every run. It would be unsustainable and unreasonable to do that. It could have been a case where X number tested out of each batch were within spec and a substantial number was not. Or could be entire subsequent batches were bad where first runs were fine. Only pure speculation on my part. And they can do general QC checking, but sometimes manufacturing defects slip by. I do think they caught wind of it probably shortly either after launch or during and likely didn't know the extent of the issue, hence why they were able to rectify it so quickly. It sucks, but just the reality of major manufacturing at scale, especially when you're not making 100% of your components yourself.
E
Anyone else just get a tracking number without the package actually getting collected from S&B? Status has been stuck on "Shipment information received" since yest. Accessories order I placed late last night has already been collected
That is a pretty common practice these days? It can be frustrating if you are in a hurry to get something!

Hoodwink

On Storz website and looking at Orders, does anyone here know what “Captured” refers to? Usually I see things like “Order Received” or “In Progress” but never saw “Captured“ before. May be a Euro thing, I suppose. Asking here first as I imagine Storz has plenty (!) on their plate right now Without foolish questions.

redspawn

Exactly the same here. Ich got my Tracking ID yesterday. And i ordered after this (yesterday too) a couple of spare-parts an get a Tracking ID for this Order too… The spare-Parts are on the way and maybe delivered today, the Venty replacement is still Not Picked up…
But no worrys, had the same „thing“ many times in the past and im shure our Packages picked up today 🫣

Exactly the same here. Ich got my Tracking ID yesterday. And i ordered after this (yesterday too) a couple of spare-parts an get a Tracking ID for this Order too… The spare-Parts are on the way and maybe delivered today, the Venty replacement is still Not Picked up…
But no worrys, had the same „thing“ many times in the past and im shure our Packages picked up today 🫣
From past experiences using DHL Express coming into the USA. You might not get much if any update other than when the package is out for delivery. I have my fingers crossed that I’ll be hearing the door bell Wednesday evening or Friday afternoon. We are so close…

justcametomind

I got tracking today too. Coming via DHL from Germany. I’ll likely be away when it arrives so will need to see if I can pick it up somewhere once I’m back on Monday.
You can already choose to get the order at a UPS delivery station by clicking on the tracking number on their email and registering at UPS.com

It stayed like that with no updates a couple of days for me (eu). I already had an estimated date of delivery but the package had still to be collected.
Yesterday I received another email confirming the estimated delivery is tomorrow.

Last edited:

stressed

On Storz website and looking at Orders, does anyone here know what “Captured” refers to? Usually I see things like “Order Received” or “In Progress” but never saw “Captured“ before. May be a Euro thing, I suppose. Asking here first as I imagine Storz has plenty (!) on their plate right now Without foolish questions.
they captured your cash!

Some-new-user

3 days of emailing S&B support, being ignored by them on social media and phoning the courier numerous times, in the end being told by the courier that the package had a note on it (from me speaking to them) saying its warranty replacement. I had a driver turn up to my door, with the package. Asking me to pay the additional charges. Wouldn't look at my invoice. Called his office, there was 'some note on the system' but still unable to release the item to me. I'm not there now for a few days so this package will probably go back to Germany.

Meanwhile lots of posts about Venty parties on social media and they're taking your money if you want to pre order for 2-3 weeks

JoeMama

Got my Venty just a little while ago. It's charging, so I haven't used it yet...

But I'm also trying to figure out why the bluetooth symbol doesn't appear on the screen...

I tried what I think is all the combinations of the three buttons to press... Don't know why it's not showing.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

redspawn

Got my Venty just a little while ago. It's charging, so I haven't used it yet...

But I'm also trying to figure out why the bluetooth symbol doesn't appear on the screen...

I tried what I think is all the combinations of the three buttons to press... Don't know why it's not showing.

Any ideas?
When device is switced on:
Press the Power and minus button simultaneously.
Display shows "bLE"
Then up/down to activate/deactivate.

Top Bottom