Venty by Storz & Bickel

Vapiathan

I wrote the line in parentheses. the pop up never appeared. i watched it closely for hours. i

ok, thank you. i guess it worked then. i never connected to the web app as i didn't need it yet. unless the web app means when i turned it back on yesterday, that was the app that i connected to per their instructions. i'm confused, stoned, and need a joint.

it still flashes the 3 dashes and the other symbol once every minute or 2. a slow death. i didn't get an email from them so i was and still am a bit concerned if things worked well.
If it didn't say "your device will now discharge slowly, it didn't work. You can just do it again right now. There is no harm to be done. The update is doing its thing now, but connect again to make sure that s& B gets the info that you have done it. Use the link from the mail with the instructions, the one you installed the update with.

DaftVaper

That's great news, did the email say any interesting or was it just a generic shipping email?

Are you in US or Europe if you don't mind me asking?
Generic email but with tracking number. I'm in UK. Have also received confirmation from carrier my new Venty is on it's way to me

May i ask: when did you brick your venty? Right after receiving the instrucions? Just asking so i can find out if it was a first-in-first-out with regards to when one bricked the device…. Thanks!
I bricked mine as soon as I got the email.

Last edited:

gdpvaper

[
IMG-3237.jpg

According to their site:
The VENTY is our fastest device and the first Vaporizer of its kind to feature an adjustable airflow. Though portable, it is highly efficient and takes merely 20 seconds to heat up, while allowing an amazing airflow of 20 liters/minute at the maximum stage. If you are looking for an S&B allrounder, the VENTY is the Vaporizer for you!

• Adjustable airflow up to 20 liters/minute
  • Fast heat up of only 20 seconds!
  • Features our newly designed convection & conduction mini-heater = no burn, just big, tasty vapor clouds.
  • Precisely adjustable temperature from 40°C to 210° on the device. (104F - 410F)
  • USB-C charging including Supercharge function: 80% charge in 40 minutes.*
  • Bluetooth connectivity and Web App control
  • Integrated Boost & Superboost Temperature for maximum convenience
  • 2 high-power Lithium-Ion Batteries
  • UL-certified
  • 2-year warranty + 1 year upon registration
Retail Price $450
Is it just me or do all Storz & Bickel's portables look like hot garbage? I mean this aesthetically. Actually, I think everything other than the Volcano looks bad to me. The only ones I've used are the Volcano and Plenty, both of which are great in their own way so I've been really curious about their portables - hard to cough up the kind of cash they want for a vape though, especially when I mostly use extract carts instead of flower.

like i said, the directions are a bit confusing to me. i did what they said to do, i got the 3 dashes and the other symbol. i never got a pop up. not a word about don't drain it completely. my logic told me to drain it completely or they would have stated in big bold letters to not drain it. it is well and truly dead now. it won't turn on even when i plugged it back in. like i said, just send me a new fucking vape and stop with this nonsense. imma go write them a nasty gram and demand my money back. i'm done.
I tried to cancel mine a few times but got no rply when i did ,, other than to be patient a new one was coming
in a long email i told tem my thoughts ,
main one was what was the problems ?
if you didnt know about them ,,? No complaining but how do you find/fix and test in such a short time if not ?
anyway ive now had word mine will be here 16th regardless of trying to cancel ..
they also sent get this 2 cases for it , ones bad enough as id already bought one with my first VENTY
dont need another , unless its to put the next few bricked ones ,

my worry is its more of the same ?
and confirmed with my invoice with the replacement having the same v 1.01 i think it is ?
unless this is a part number and not the firmware ,,,,it is
so no updates or second batch ?
why would they send un updated first batch again , that i cant understand if the bricked the first ones they sent
have i too updated it straight away ? When it arrives ,i would with most vapes but this is a rare circumstance..
is this the first batch again or second ?
i asked them why they did not make an online statement or email customers to atleast tell us ,,Something
but no its like pulling teeth i was basically told to be quiet and be patient,
as if most of us havent , ive had one bowl out the thing which might have been aswell ,but had and looked at it since it arrived 2 days after
i was going to say arrived /but meant the start of beta testing ..
ill sit on this when it does arrive as i break the seal and could be more shit to deal with ,ive hardly slept as it is ,
then theres hassel to return if i want to see some of my money ,
i asked them not to send me one until i got some proper answers ,
but yeah treated like beta testers but without even known you were one ,
anyway the way iam thinking now , and more so since seen the invoice ,
if they even confirmed the replacement was from a second batch then ok ,
id be thinking different ,,,maybe
G

Vapiathan

I tried to cancel mine a few times but got no rply when i did ,, other than to be patient a new one was coming
in a long email i told tem my thoughts ,
main one was what was the problems ?
if you didnt know about them ,,? No complaining but how do you find/fix and test in such a short time if not ?
anyway ive now had word mine will be here 16th regardless of trying to cancel ..
they also sent get this 2 cases for it , ones bad enough as id already bought one with my first VENTY
dont need another , unless its to put the next few bricked ones ,

my worry is its more of the same ?
and confirmed with my invoice with the replacement having the same v 1.01 i think it is ?
unless this is a part number and not the firmware ,,,,it is
so no updates or second batch ?
why would they send un updated first batch again , that i cant understand if the bricked the first ones they sent
have i too updated it straight away ? When it arrives ,i would with most vapes but this is a rare circumstance..
is this the first batch again or second ?
i asked them why they did not make an online statement or email customers to atleast tell us ,,Something
but no its like pulling teeth i was basically told to be quiet and be patient,
as if most of us havent , ive had one bowl out the thing which might have been aswell ,but had and looked at it since it arrived 2 days after
i was going to say arrived /but meant the start of beta testing ..
ill sit on this when it does arrive as i break the seal and could be more shit to deal with ,ive hardly slept as it is ,
then theres hassel to return if i want to see some of my money ,
i asked them not to send me one until i got some proper answers ,
but yeah treated like beta testers but without even known you were one ,
anyway the way iam thinking now , and more so since seen the invoice ,
if they even confirmed the replacement was from a second batch then ok ,
id be thinking different ,,,maybe
G
They did confirm that these units are fixed. See e.g. Jürgen Bickels instagram post where he explains the situation. It doesn't make sense at all to think they aren't. They would not be able to ship them due to the issues, exactly why it had to be bricked instead of send back. There is no reason to think they ship out the same batch, the SN can be ignored. Also, just don't accept your package if you don't want it. It will go back to S&B and you should get your money back. I am pretty sure that we will not hear more details about the issue. Why do I think that? Because it would lead to people trying to fix the device themselves, possibly injuring themselves. S&B isn't the kind of brand that would encourage such behaviour.

They did confirm that these units are fixed. See e.g. Jürgen Bickels instagram post where he explains the situation. It doesn't make sense at all to think they aren't. They would not be able to ship them due to the issues, exactly why it had to be bricked instead of send back. There is no reason to think they ship out the same batch, the SN can be ignored. Also, just don't accept your package if you don't want it. It will go back to S&B and you should get your money back. I am pretty sure that we will not hear more details about the issue. Why do I think that? Because it would lead to people trying to fix the device themselves, possibly injuring themselves. S&B isn't the kind of brand that would encourage such behaviour.
Thanks my pal ,I wasnt sure if that was its serial number or firmware ? That was my point why would they send the same batch ,
maybe just worrying but also hoping its all ok ,
my sleep is max 2 hrs because of shit health but none since all this ,more waiting on an answer ,,not the time they took ,rather it took longer and was right ,,but quick and right even better ,
anyway glad you confirmed a serial number ,
are you sure though as this is the same as the firmwares which i think the new firmware for the bricking was v1.03
iam in scotland uk so its arriving today, ill up date and my now fucking 3 cases which are pretty useless other than holding and making the vape less pocketable ,,,,,,,or i know its 2 extra coffins , i now have one to bury this dead one pmsl ,
as a young boy we here liked to smash things up ,just for a laugh
iam thinking ,just at this moment when do we ever get to wreck such an expensive vape ,,,and smiling that you still have your good one lol
or that broadband moment lol
my Glasgow humour,its a bit different ..
i was using a power banks padded pouch ,fits really good ,
if it helps in order shipped i bricked mine as soon as the email arrived ,wasnt getting any use from it as it had a few casing and screen problem
so just did it straight away ,,plus was really looking forward to it ,spending much time in bed when the mighty+ helped but this seems so much easyier on the chest ,plus the speed compared to the mighty+ makes the difference between will i or just get it later ,
ill know what iam like and end up keeping it now ,and from your reassurance,
its not VAS well kind of should be called addiction though but no ive really liked it without even using and its faults ,plus i find it really nice/cute looking ,every other vape or a lot have this certain look and similar r performance, but not this ,
i never saw the instagram post as not on anything other than here ,saw the one on here but missed him saying anything bout the issues
also good point about not fully explaining ,I personally most i go is fine polishing to glsss on all my TMS ans firewoods , any wood types ive got
or too busy cleaning them , i saw a crafty+bowl on this thread omg thats why its not working or you need a VENTY , sorry if i insult not sure who’s it was ,,,,i nearly gift them a crafty+ with 7 hrs on it lol
on that note VENTY or any other SnB the oven screen is the most under changed screen as looks clean ?
when you remove it through years of doing so youll see not quite as clean and your or air flows issues can come from there ,
just a wee tip if youve a mighty or something and now think the airflows poor
which until the VENTY i still dont think it but never thought it was a mighty/crafty issue compared to some vapes s since it was mentioned many times in comparison
but different from the VENTY on most setting , enough different for me to not sell my mrdic +,maybe
but wouldnt be tempted trying to fix something iam inhaling ,thats why iam more than go into dept for something that helps me ,
but yeah people will
makes sence i guess not to reveal all ,i just wanted to know its not the same and safe. This time
time will tell
G,

Vapor-catzG,
Reactions: stressed

Dr. G

Old Resident
I just received my confirmation that they received my information and a new unit is going out. A shipping confirmation will be sent.

Customer Care (STORZ & BICKEL)

Nov 16, 2023, 08:50 GMT+1

Dear Dr. XXXXX,

Thank you for your reliable feedback.

We checked your serial number against our database and can confirm, that your device was successfully updated and consequently deactivated – you did everything right!

New VENTY devices are available this week and as soon as your replacement device is shipped you will receive an email confirmation.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working tirelessly to send a replacement unit your way as soon as possible.

All the very best.

S&B
STORZ & BICKEL GMBH
In Grubenäcker 5-9
78532 Tuttlingen
Tel: +49-7461-969707-0
Fax: +49-7461-969707-7
info@storz-bickel.com
www.storz-bickel.com
Sitz Tuttlingen, Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 773792
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Bickel, David Männer
Zertifiziertes Qualitätsmanagement

PS Yes, they had a problem but, since the very beginning S&B kept splendid communication with me regarding my unit. I have all the confidence in the world that the new unit is outstanding and that it will arrive this upcoming week. In the meantime, thank God for my Volcano, Mighty Plus, Vapman, TM2, ALP PRO...and a variety of other wonderful world's best vapes to get me through. Venty is very missed.

Last edited:

DaftVaper

Just received my replacement Venty, only 24hrs after shipping notification (to UK). S&B also threw in a Carry Case which is a nice bonus along a little thank-you note. Coupled with the 30 euro voucher, I can't find any fault in how well S&B have handled this situation. Hope you all get yours soonest!

Vapiathan

Just received my replacement Venty, only 24hrs after shipping notification (to UK). S&B also threw in a Carry Case which is a nice bonus along a little thank-you note. Coupled with the 30 euro voucher, I can't find any fault in how well S&B have handled this situation. Hope you all get yours soonest!
Damn...thanks for letting me know.. stupid me ordered a case with the voucher. Guess I will try to cancel that quickly.

redspawn

Damn...thanks for letting me know.. stupid me ordered a case with the voucher. Guess I will try to cancel that quickly.
I use this case since i got my venty. So if i get a second i cant Return it… lol I mean nice that they do this. But im shure that im not the only one which still have a case. XD I wish they would ship my new device like the guys in UK, but here in germany they stopped email Communication and on the FB Support i get only copypasta answers that seems that they dont read the messages… Very Strange… So happy i was about the Device itself, so sad im getting more and more over their dead silence since i brick my device…

stressed

after a confusing few hours and writing a not so kind email to storz, i got an email saying everything was done correctly and my new unit will be coming next week. they ignored my comments on my not being happy with the performance of the venty. hopefully it was caused by the defective units.

i got blocked out a thread for a useless vape - the Ghost MV1 -. It cost around $350ish??. they sent me 3 of them and all 3 were useless. i also have a Vape xhale cloud evo and a Herbalizer both of which were discontinured too. AND a Puffco peak pro which worked for 2 whole days before become another $400 waste. i was so disgusted, i didn't even mail it back to the store so they could fix it. i can really pick them.

the people in the thread were all saying how great the customer service was. i kept saying that if everybody has been in contact with customer service, that is not a good thing. the company died a few months later, as i predicted. i'm bummed that i can't go back into the thread to gloat! :)

Last edited:

WirtDog

I just hope S&B will provide a full and honest explanation as to what the issues were with the first Venty's! It is a very fair question as to how the issues could be fixed so quickly and why the problem/s escaped detection during testing? To date they have only contacted those who placed orders. The main S&B website does not even hint at problems with the Venty. Just states they are out of stock. It is a judgement call for any company. With the excellent reputation and good will this company has earned I would prefer they really be open and honest about what has occurred? If I were not a member of this group I doubt I would be aware of these rollout problems.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Greetings everyone, my relationship with S&B continues to be remarkable. This morning I received a shipping notice with my tracking number. I have all faith in this company. They are truly amazing. But, best yet....the VENTY is ON ITS WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance!!!!!!!!!!! I love my Venty!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait...and cheers for those of you that have received yours already. VAPE AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! Ciao.

Mine arrived 11am uk time today ,,not opened it yet ,plus a free case ,which if they checked mail i bought one with it ,
tried cancelling the case after the faults appeared but they just sent it
same with the VENTY in last few days tried to cancel,but its here
no big deal , but good luck on anyone cancelling at the moment
i will end up opening after i get my savannahs fed ,
if it is faulty then they will be told and i will be cancelling
i honestly hope its all good ,
you guys should get yours soon ,
i did buy release day and noticed first faults straight away ,the way it felt aswell ,so wasnt in use and did brick it on getting the email
so think if youve still to do it ,your going to have to be without it for 2 or 3 days
i think also uk s nearer ,but not even that DHL have really got it right lately and so quick
it was posted yesterday from Germany to uk ,
thats fast
G

Dr. G

Old Resident
Maaaan, I'm still waiting on my tracking. Those who received shipping notices, where are you guys located and is your Venty shipping from Germany or Oakland? Not to turn this into a shipping thread, but I'm getting impatient over here! :lol:
I received my email this morning. I reside in the United States in the State of Florida south...I received an email yesterday morning regarding that my tests results were done and everything was flowing. I got a tracking number with DHL.

Top Bottom