Venty by Storz & Bickel

Jojofernz

This wording is low-key admitting this wasn't a proper product launch but a beta test. Everyone was saying this was 7 years in development and it's medically certified so it went through rigorous testing. It sure doesn't seem that way.
Everyone keeps saying that it’s medically certified but it’s not.

There isn’t a Medic version of the Venty yet. Same with the Mighty and Crafty, people like to say they are all medically certified but it’s just the medic versions.

Edit: there isn’t even a Crafty Medic version, just the Mighty Medic and Volcano Medic.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I just received this email from S&B:

First, we would like to thank you for being one of the first customers to purchase our new VENTY. We greatly appreciate your trust in STORZ & BICKEL and your decision to be an early adopter and enjoy the VENTY ahead of the crowd.

Following the release of the new VENTY Vaporizer, we have identified that devices from the initial batch should be submitted for online testing to ensure their proper functioning.

After we have reviewed your VENTY’s data, we will send you a follow-up email to provide further information and let you know if your VENTY is operating flawlessly.

Please click the link here to open the S&B analysis website. If you are accessing the link via iPhone, make sure you are using a browser which supports BLE, like Bluefy. On Android devices, Chrome will work. If you are accessing through a desktop device, using Microsoft, please use Chrome or Edge.

• Before connecting your VENTY, please perform a factory reset by pressing the power button for 10 seconds.
  • Connect your VENTY to Bluetooth by turning it on or plugging in the charger. Your VENTY will now appear in a pop-up window.
  • By selecting your device on the window, you agree to the data being submitted to STORZ & BICKEL for technical analysis only. Please note, the analysis does not concern personal data or information on usage behavior.
  • Please do not press any buttons on the device, while the analysis is running.
To demonstrate our appreciation for your participation, we would like to send you a coupon code valued 30 €/USD for our online shop after completing the analysis.

Your support is appreciated and helps us monitor and ensure the performance of your VENTY.

We are always at your disposal for any further questions.

Best regards,

STORZ & BICKEL
That is exactly the professional company that it is at its finest. Great letter...great communication. Thank you for posting this.

I just received my invitation to analyze my device...excellent. Email received.

Update: I just did my analysis...took five seconds. You have to have Chrome installed for a browser...and I will receive an email with my results. Yay! How exciting! I feel like I am waiting to find out the sex of my baby! LOL

Last edited:

Strolling&Rolling

That is exactly the professional company that it is at its finest. Great letter...great communication. Thank you for posting this.

I just received my invitation to analyze my device...excellent. Email received.

Update: I just did my analysis...took five seconds. You have to have Chrome installed for a browser...and I will receive an email with my results. Yay! How exciting! I feel like I am waiting to find out the sex of my baby! LOL
Do you know when you get the results?

Can you keep us updated on the process please?

Thanks!

Strolling&Rolling,
Reactions: Dr. G

redspawn

Got the same email yesterday. Yes its annoying that there is a possible fault with the brandnew device. But the reaction of S&B shows that they care about customers and try to solve the „Problem“ if there is one. And they do this really fast. Im in germany, and i know not many companys that do it like this… Most of them would do nothing…

So lets see what happens next 🤗

justcametomind

Does your heater cover miss a couple (3) holes and seems misalligned like mine does?
5IJV056Rq6Kk.jpg

Last edited:

bobothevaper

Got the same email yesterday. Yes its annoying that there is a possible fault with the brandnew device. But the reaction of S&B shows that they care about customers and try to solve the „Problem“ if there is one. And they do this really fast. Im in germany, and i know not many companys that do it like this… Most of them would do nothing…

So lets see what happens next 🤗
It's like the most expensive portable ever sold and the first batch has issues. It's not like they have a choice to be honest. They have lost face no matter how they spin it from here. Their whole argument for that high price is that the device adheres to different fancy standards and the amount of time they spent designing it, so for it to fail from day one is absolutely the worst thing that could happen.

justcametomind

It's like the most expensive portable ever sold and the first batch has issues. It's not like they have a choice to be honest. They have lost face no matter how they spin it from here. Their whole argument for that high price is that the device adheres to different fancy standards and the amount of time they spent designing it, so for it to fail from day one is absolutely the worst thing that could happen.
Companies lauch their products like this all the time and S&B itself got criticized heavily when they launched Volcano Hybrid.
The worst thing that could happen is actually in the article that Les Plenty linked not long ago.

I sent my Venty informations 3 times but still miss the 30€ they promised xD
Once because I followed their mail without reading further and didn't hard reset, the second was fine, the third because the Debug link was the last page on Bluefy browser and I connected to that. I noticed a small bug too: Once I connected the Venty to the webapp, the LCD screen counted 180°C but the app 40°C. I switched off and on and then the temperature was 40°C on both the app and Venty's LCD screen.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Nobody is happy about an issue causing a less than ideal customer experience with a brand new device.

Not only is this one of the most expensive mass-marketed portables, it is clearly among the most technically advanced -- for better or worse, and we hope for the better.

What other portable or plugin dhv can communicate with home base for diagnosis and upgrade? If properly executed, this is a huge step. How many people will know now, in a matter of days or hours, where they stand? Sounds like a good thing, to me.
Either that or the best endorsement yet for Dynavape?

Jojofernz

I do find it funny though the hurdles to say just how incredible S&B is despite the flaws, and having to completely stop orders.

POTV Lobo pre-order got delayed, which POTV made clear as soon as they found out and offered an accessory to make up for the wait. People acted like they were the worst company on earth and an awful product drop.

Venty release truly seems like they are beta testing with the public, with a $450 beta unit. And yet everyone here is saying they are incredible and giving them positive notes now as they scramble to fix things?

Device never should have been sold like that if this was a potential reality. How do they not catch something like that if they had people testing it for years and years?

Rant over, still looks like a neat device that I would like, but darn it if you say anything about S&B.

Last edited:

Jojofernz

I want to buy the device, so if anything that is why I am disappointed. Just saying the company ain’t saints! Of course it happens with product launches, but harder to swallow at $450 with something that had to halt sales.

What matters is how they are handling it now, which is the best they can do. Other companies would get a much harsher reaction I think, was my main point. But it’s just an opinion so doesn’t matter much!

I just hope it’s sorted out soon, so that people(like me) can purchase it. Though I suppose I’m glad I didn’t jump on it right away since this is happening.

JoeMama

Does your heater cover miss a couple (3) holes and seems misalligned like mine does?
5IJV056Rq6Kk.jpg
Yes, mine is the same. Not sure it matters, since the "missing holes" are placed where the oven lip sits under the would-be hole.

I don’t understand why people get so worked up, this kind of things happen, products get recalled and replaced.
Most people complaining don’t even want to buy the Venty.
Though I've mentioned it is disappointing when these things happen, I have no regret yet... while my Venty has thrown out an ERR04 and ERR05 code rarely, I'm not experiencing any operational issues. And, if Venty as the ability to upgrade its firmware online, welp, I'm a happy stoner.
:leaf:

For those that received the email, what’s your serial number? I haven’t received the email so my assumption is that only certain unit’s received that email? But you know what happens when you assume things lol

Bonesvapechi,

Dr. G

Old Resident
For those that received the email, what’s your serial number? I haven’t received the email so my assumption is that only certain unit’s received that email? But you know what happens when you assume things lol
I received this email yesterday but I never previously or after gave my serial number. I did get confirmation that my test and evaluation results will be sent.

justcametomind

Check if you created an account on S&B website and registered the device, in the first place.
At least we probably can assume the issue is some performance/minor thing and it’s not anything harmful otherwise they would have been forced to call back all the affected units.

RedZep

Anyone using a fine grind? Does it produce thicker clouds? Does it affect restriction.

Trying to convince myself it could satisfy me even though Mighty couldn't. If fine grind has an affect it may be worth me trying it in the future.

RedZep,
Reactions: Dr. G

Herbie

Check if you created an account on S&B website and registered the device, in the first place.
At least we probably can assume the issue is some performance/minor thing and it’s not anything harmful otherwise they would have been forced to call back all the affected units.

Mine isn’t registered but I did receive the email yesterday.

I had tried to register but the app didn’t like the size of my picture of the invoice. Couldn’t upload it.

Strolling&Rolling

I'm probably not going to cancel my order at this stage and wait it out, hopefully it's not a matter of months. I'm hoping the fact they sent a test out to people who already have one probably means they're also testing the ones in the warehouse!

Does anyone know what kind of connections the venty has with and without the cooling unit and what accessories currently on the market might work with it? Do crafty or mighty accessories work or not?

I might as well stock up on some accessories like water bubblers and some glass while I'm waiting if there's any available!

Strolling&Rolling,
Reactions: Kudzu407
Registration approved on 10-26, I’ll probably get the email tomorrow or Monday

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Does anyone know what kind of connections the venty has with and without the cooling unit and what accessories currently on the market might work with it? Do crafty or mighty accessories work or not?

The connection (bayonet style) is SIMILAR to the Mighty, but SLIGHTLY SMALLER.
So NO, most previous accessories will NOT FIT!
The “normal”, and “course” screens from Mighty are the SAME.
All the accessories designed for the Venty on the S&B site have been listed as “out of stock”, since the release date.

The OG Mighty CAPSULES DO FIT!
***I just started using TITANIUM capsules, if anyone is interested….

@ChooChooCharlie is generously sending his Venty CU to @Delta3DStudios so he can measure and begin making some printed accessories. I’ve bought many products from him, inexpensive and work well.

If you search you can find the delta3dstudio thread for more information.

Top Bottom