Venty by Storz & Bickel

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
And

are not related to the medial certification. The Venty does not currently have a Venty Medic Version. The Mighties and Volcanoes do.

Without the medical certification german health insurance companies would not be able to buy them for their medical cannabis patients.
ISO 13485 is the medical certification that S&B claim. Are you saying there is another one?

I point out the UL certification because batteries were the context of that claim. And that certification is the only one relating to their batteries.

Grass Yes,
I wish people would stop saying this. In the first place, ISO 13485 mostly has to do with manufacturing contamination and company repairs to reported issues. It literally says nothing about construction or materials used in the vape.

The certification that impacts removable batteries is UL 8139. This specifically does not apply to vapes that have removable batteries. This is because the certification is about electrical safety.

Just a cursory glace at the medical certification makes it clear this is only for marketing.
Def not an expert but just a hunch

Bonesvapechi,

Thunderbelch

I was thinking the non-removable batts have more to do with consistent performance. Using weak batteries or letting contacts get dirty would mess with the predictable S&B experience (imagine the reviews!).

But with fast charging and how far a single charge gets you I'm certainly not craving removable batteries. Add to that the fact that power banks are pretty common these days...

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
This lists ANSI 60601, which is a standard for electrical safety of medical devices. Although S&B seem to think this is subsumed by the ISO certification above.

At any rate, ANSI 60601 does reference IEC 62133, which does include certification for lithium ion batteries, does allow for removable batteries if other safety conditions are met. Mostly around crush and shock testing.

Just to be clear, ANSI 60601 has nothing that makes the vapor path safer. It just certifies that your mighty medic won't shock you.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I was thinking the non-removable batts have more to do with consistent performance. Using weak batteries or letting contacts get dirty would mess with the predictable S&B experience (imagine the reviews!).

But with fast charging and how far a single charge gets you I'm certainly not craving removable batteries. Add to that the fact that power banks are pretty common these days...

Anyone familiar with my older posts.. know I was always and still am a big supporter of replaceable 18650/21700 lithium batteries. I have many, as well as an advanced charger. But over time, I’ve softened my approach.

Most quality lithium batteries have a 300-500 charge cycle, before a slow degradation. They have an average shelf life of 10 years!

Sure, being able to replace the power source is a GOOD thing, if that’s going to be my red line of not buying, I have to ask myself….
will I be using this, or want to in 5-10 years?
will there most likely be better devices in the near future?
do the positives outweigh this “non replaceable battery” downside?

I guess the SAFTY NET, is S&B as a business is still going, been around longer then most, and offers a REPLACEMENT BATTERY service. And while the price may not be low, it just means if you still love it down the road, it can be restored… and they do seem to continue to sell most of the OG accessories for their older devices, not true of some of the vapes I’ve invested in.

For this Venty… I’ll worry about the batteries years from now, while enjoying myself, life is SHORT!!!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Anyone familiar with my older posts.. know I was always and still am a big supporter of replaceable 18650/21700 lithium batteries. I have many, as well as an advanced charger. But over time, I’ve softened my approach.

Most quality lithium batteries have a 300-500 charge cycle, before a slow degradation. They have an average shelf life of 10 years!

Sure, being able to replace the power source is a GOOD thing, if that’s going to be my red line of not buying, I have to ask myself….

I guess the SAFTY NET, is S&B as a business is still going, been around longer then most, and offers a REPLACEMENT BATTERY service. And while the price may not be low, it just means if you still love it down the road, it can be restored… and they do seem to continue to sell most of the OG accessories for their older devices, not true of some of the vapes I’ve invested in.

For this Venty… I’ll worry about the batteries years from now, while enjoying myself, life is SHORT!!!
Thanks for this post. I was wondering how you felt about the 2 non-replaceable 18650's and whether it was a deal breaker. With your purchase I understood you were ok with it, but wondered why and how long you can expect a 18650 to last. You are the battery guy, after all ;) I have always followed your lead (and @TommyDee) on anything electrical.

If I decided to buy a session vape, this might be the one. I will have to wait until the markup price comes down a bit though. It is not a necessity at the moment. I also have that damn Tempest chirping in my ear, although it pisses me off that it can't be used with any of the Pipes IH's I have.

I was watching a recent review of the Venty by Vapefiend. They really liked the experience. Although there was a point when they noticed it throw a ERR05 briefly during an inhale. Here's the vid

RxPlorer

I have some rebuttals to this line of reasoning: Firefly. Grasshopper. Ghost. And now, Tafee Bowle.

Your arguments seem to hold true for a more mature company with a proven record as S&B is succeeding in earning that trust. But, built-in batteries or proprietary battery packs have been consumer risk factors with a number of expensive vapes, and have sometimes contributed to the failure of their parent brands.

Long live Venty!

snowdrop7756

Well I'll be damned. Maybe a little electrical safety is all it takes for a "General medical device".

Interesting.
Yes because it needs to be able to operate near medical equipment. Think things like pacemakers where electrical interference is a big deal. There is nothing to say these products are safe to inhale at high temperatures outside of potential material sheets. This is not to say that these products are unsafe, but those who immediately assume these certs some validate inhalation safety are sorely mistaken.

RustyOldNail

I have some rebuttals to this line of reasoning: Firefly. Grasshopper. Ghost. And now, Tafee Bowle.

Your arguments seem to hold true for a more mature company with a proven record as S&B is succeeding in earning that trust. But, built-in batteries or proprietary battery packs have been consumer risk factors with a number of expensive vapes, and have sometimes contributed to the failure of their parent brands.

Long live Venty!

Of that list, I only have two GH IO’s. And indeed, the makers of the Grasshopper decided to have custom sized lithium battery made for their product. They are NOT comparable to 18650’s.

From one of my earlier posts with a battery charge test, it appears S&B is using high amp batteries with good runtime. Specifications are similar to a Molicel P28. Until someone downs a “tear down”, we don’t know the actual brand, though I don’t know if they make their own or not. But they are known for using TOP BIN batteries.

And for those truly worried about BATTERY LIFE, the app allows for TWO battery charge settings I haven’t seen offered before. One setting limits the end of charge voltage, the other limits the AMP draw while charging. You’ll see the letters “ECO”, on screen while charging.

dude_de

there's an issue with one of the supplier parts causing the device to malfunction

Dang! That's the one area I had left out of my list of possible screw-ups. And also probably the most unfortunate, this could take a while.
So no Venty for me anytime soon.

dude_de,

Strolling&Rolling

Just to try halt your disappointment, I should say i'm not 1000% certain that it is a supplier part, but there is definitely 'A' or some parts that are causing a fault.

I felt it was a little strange that they emailed everyone on Wednesday saying they were working on your orders, and then emailed again immediately the next day to say it's sold out and can't give a date on it being fixed. I work in PR so I knew that was a bit strange and dug a little deeper and was told by a very, very reliable source in the vape industry that there's an issue with some of the parts.

My guess is between Wednesday and Thursday S&B got some bad news that it's going to take a while to rectify the problem, so they announced it as sold out and sent out the emails to people who had paid for the item.

If I was to guess which part, I'd probably go with the cooling unit perhaps as coincidentally that's been marked as sold out for even longer than the venty was, but that's just a wild stab in the dark with no info given to me so it could easily be other parts.

Hopefully they can clear up the issue soon and begin fulfilling orders again.

Tu3t

I felt it was a little strange that they emailed everyone on Wednesday saying they were working on your orders, and then emailed again immediately the next day to say it's sold out and can't give a date on it being fixed. I work in PR so I knew that was a bit strange and dug a little deeper and was told by a very, very reliable source in the vape industry that there's an issue with some of the parts.

My guess is between Wednesday and Thursday S&B got some bad news that it's going to take a while to rectify the problem, so they announced it as sold out and sent out the emails to people who had paid for the item.

If I was to guess which part, I'd probably go with the cooling unit perhaps as coincidentally that's been marked as sold out for even longer than the venty was, but that's just a wild stab in the dark with no info given to me so it could easily be other parts.

Hopefully they can clear up the issue soon and begin fulfilling orders again.
Hello from Germany, so if it is true that there is a problem with the device and the customers were lied to, I think that's pretty cheeky. S&B is a big company and you should tell your customers the truth, because this can backfire very quickly. As a customer you have to feel like you've been taken for a ride, that's not good S&B. That's just my opinion on the subject, it could certainly have been handled better.

arrjaytea

Bill Cravy
I hate to be the grim reaper but the Venty is faulty, not sold out.

I had it confirmed today that there's an issue with one of the supplier parts causing the device to malfunction, its not an availability issue.

I hate forum posts like this

New member making a reasonable sounding claim with absolutely nothing to back it up other than circumstance

I’m not saying you’re wrong, the story squares and as someone who actively works in PR I also thought it was an odd coincidence

But I’m also taking it with a grain of salt

Edit: also an interesting coincidence that a couple of verified company reps reached out to me on here overnight with scary stories about Canopy and S&B, recommending I cancel my order.

Come on y’all. This isn’t my first rodeo.

Last edited:

bobothevaper

That’s horrible form. Reps to capitalize on the buzz. Weed game is a rough vibe my guy.

I hate forum posts like this

New member making a reasonable sounding claim with absolutely nothing to back it up other than circumstance

I’m not saying you’re wrong, the story squares and as someone who actively works in PR I also thought it was an odd coincidence

But I’m also taking it with a grain of salt

Edit: also an interesting coincidence that a couple of verified company reps reached out to me on here overnight with scary stories about Canopy and S&B, recommending I cancel my order.

Come on y’all. This isn’t my first rodeo.

Strolling&Rolling

I have no reason to lie, I just started the account to let people know as I too felt a bit let down and disrespected by S&B. Especially considering the price and how loyal S&B customers are to their products. The automatic email sent to customers 1 minute after customer service closed was a particular no-no for me. Incredibly disrespectful.

I can't say who told me though, and I hope people understand that, because I would never risk another person's business or livelihood just to tell strangers on the internet a source.

Could you perhaps DM me what you heard about recommending cancelling your order? I was thinking maybe I will do the same but haven't decided yet. Thanks!

This was aimed at arrjaytea btw! I didn't quote his post properly!

Last edited by a moderator:

RustyOldNail

Seeing is believing…. but it is interesting that S&B would “run out of stock” so quickly on a new release?
I guess sooner or later we’ll SEE, hard to hide much these days on the internet….

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: cosimo

Strolling&Rolling

Seeing is believing…. but it is interesting that S&B would “run out of stock” so quickly on a new release?
I guess sooner or later we’ll SEE, hard to hide much these days on the internet….
I'm not sure what the exact issue is or how long it will take to resolve, hopefully it's not a huge thing and deliveries can be made soon!

Strolling&Rolling,
Reactions: HughJass

Chrisvape

Imo there's an issue with the Cool unit
Maybe they have used spare parts to complete Ventys to ship
I think spare parts out of stock was the clue
Problem with supllier, contract, raw material shortage ?
Does anybody knows ?
A lot money come in and not so mush devices come out
The sooner your customer pay, the later you pay your supplier and needs in working capital are low
Does anybody know S&B financial healt ?
😀 Don't panic 😀

In reality when we don't know what/why. we fill the blanks ...it's human !
And since the begining their communication is joke.
Damn I love S&B. I have and had a lot of their devices (and buy some of them twice) but this situation and its explanation is a joke !
For my part I have not asked for a refund...
To date 😀

Strolling&Rolling

Imo there's an issue with the Cool unit
Maybe they have used spare parts to complete Ventys to ship
I think spare parts out of stock was the clue
Problem with supllier, contract, raw material shortage ?
Does anybody knows ?
A lot money come in and not so mush devices come out
The sooner your customer pay, the later you pay your supplier and needs in working capital are low
Does anybody know S&B financial healt ?
😀 Don't panic 😀

In reality when we don't know what/why. we fill the blanks ...it's human !
And since the begining their communication is joke.
Damn I love S&B. I have and had a lot of their devices (and buy some of them twice) but this situation and its explanation is a joke !
For my part I have not asked for a refund...
To date 😀
I don't have any more information other than there is an issue with a part and they stopped deliveries to try resolve the issue. I honestly don't know what the issue is, some people have speculated the display shows error codes frequently potentially due to overheating.

I haven't asked for a refund yet either, but I am a little nervous about how long this could take and maybe it's better to cancel.

I'm not sure about S&B financial health but I think they were purchased by a new company in 2018...

cptofnthng

Now I'm at the point where I am not interested in the 70€ discount from the french store, if they will get them much later.

I want to get my hands on one, NOW! So when I read here that the US store was sold out, I immediately checked the german store, which was also sold out.
I also impusively (or not, who knows) bought a venty for 378 € with the perspective of waiting for weeks. After Inflation and general increase in prices it feels okayish, although i fear i will only be half content with it, like with all other S&B vapes that i owned before. Solid workhorses, but nothing for more refined usage patterns and variations.

Top Bottom