Venty by Storz & Bickel

justcametomind

If the sold out drama is confirmed my bet is the defective part is +/- buttons. Too stiff. Also: pressing the + button quirks the lcd screen.
After the stiffness of shelling out 457€ +/- buttons had to be as soft as the power button.
I’m still struggling to get the same effect I get from the Volcano with microdoses of 30/50mg, so if they come out with better heating I wouldn’t complain.
It seems to me the effect of a 30mg Volcano bag/Mighty bowl is more effective than a 30mg Venty bowl. I think that the Venty has far less conduction than the Mighty and this is detrimental with microdoses, because the herb floats around and doesn’t get as hot as it should?
Otherwise my guess is that I don’t get as medicated since small hits like sipping from a Mighty or a bag get you better medicated than big cloud hits on the Venty. I try to sip gently, flow set on 1, but I get an unsatisfactory first hit followed by that endless wispy ineffective vapor which is probably due to reclaim inside of the CU getting hot.

Last edited:

Strolling&Rolling

I also impusively (or not, who knows) bought a venty for 378 € with the perspective of waiting for weeks. After Inflation and general increase in prices it feels okayish, although i fear i will only be half content with it, like with all other S&B vapes that i owned before. Solid workhorses, but nothing for more refined usage patterns and variations.
Can I ask where you guys purchased it for E378? I was willing to pay 450 to get it sooner from S&B but with the delays it's probably better to cancel that order and order from a retailer!

Strolling&Rolling,

justcametomind

3drt

Can I ask where you guys purchased it for E378? I was willing to pay 450 to get it sooner from S&B but with the delays it's probably better to cancel that order and order from a retailer!
I pre-ordered mine for €336 with 25% off everything coupon at a local retailer, but the shipping out date is getting postponed and postponed...🙄 well, for this price i don't mind waiting and still have my mighty+ to keep me company, just hope it arrives before Christmas lol

Thunderbelch

Don't panic! I for one trust S&B based on past experience. However this plays out, those who stick with them and (eventually) get a Venty in hand will be suuper happy, IMHO! It was about 3x what i was ever willing to spend on a vape before, and I haven't had a moment of regret.

Strolling&Rolling

Don't panic! I for one trust S&B based on past experience. However this plays out, those who stick with them and (eventually) get a Venty in hand will be suuper happy, IMHO! It was about 3x what i was ever willing to spend on a vape before, and I haven't had a moment of regret.
Currently gonna wait to see what happens, because it does look like a fantastic vape, issues aside. If it's going to be a couple of months or anything I will probably cancel. If it's days or weeks I'll wait.

I just received this email from S&B:

First, we would like to thank you for being one of the first customers to purchase our new VENTY. We greatly appreciate your trust in STORZ & BICKEL and your decision to be an early adopter and enjoy the VENTY ahead of the crowd.

Following the release of the new VENTY Vaporizer, we have identified that devices from the initial batch should be submitted for online testing to ensure their proper functioning.

After we have reviewed your VENTY’s data, we will send you a follow-up email to provide further information and let you know if your VENTY is operating flawlessly.

Please click the link here to open the S&B analysis website. If you are accessing the link via iPhone, make sure you are using a browser which supports BLE, like Bluefy. On Android devices, Chrome will work. If you are accessing through a desktop device, using Microsoft, please use Chrome or Edge.

• Before connecting your VENTY, please perform a factory reset by pressing the power button for 10 seconds.
  • Connect your VENTY to Bluetooth by turning it on or plugging in the charger. Your VENTY will now appear in a pop-up window.
  • By selecting your device on the window, you agree to the data being submitted to STORZ & BICKEL for technical analysis only. Please note, the analysis does not concern personal data or information on usage behavior.
  • Please do not press any buttons on the device, while the analysis is running.
To demonstrate our appreciation for your participation, we would like to send you a coupon code valued 30 €/USD for our online shop after completing the analysis.

Your support is appreciated and helps us monitor and ensure the performance of your VENTY.

We are always at your disposal for any further questions.

Best regards,

STORZ & BICKEL

JoeMama

Me too... It's good to see things like this from manufacturers. I'll happily participate! The $30 coupon is a nice token for the trouble.

EDIT: Noticing the posts following this one regarding the nature of this new email... I have always believed was a quality vaporizer company simply for their "medical device" approach to demonstrate product grade. Regardless of the issue with a particular part(s), that they would let units ship without knowing of this fault is disappointing. It's one thing to have a vendor on your bill of materials fuck up and wreak havoc on planning, but to overlook the risk is a downer.... Memories of the Grasshopper roll-out are returning....

At any rate, I submitted my data and we shall see as they say.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Following the release of the new VENTY Vaporizer, we have identified that devices from the initial batch should be submitted for online testing to ensure their proper functioning.

Interesting, I guess I’ll have to register mine to get such an email?
Odd, they make NO mention of serial numbers on these early batches.

Strolling&Rolling

First, we would like to thank you for being one of the first customers to purchase our new VENTY. We greatly appreciate your trust in STORZ & BICKEL and your decision to be an early adopter and enjoy the VENTY ahead of the crowd.

After we have reviewed your VENTY’s data, we will send you a follow-up email to provide further information and let you know if your VENTY is operating flawlessly.

Please click the link here to open the S&B analysis website. If you are accessing the link via iPhone, make sure you are using a browser which supports BLE, like Bluefy. On Android devices, Chrome will work. If you are accessing through a desktop device, using Microsoft, please use Chrome or Edge.

• Before connecting your VENTY, please perform a factory reset by pressing the power button for 10 seconds.
  • Connect your VENTY to Bluetooth by turning it on or plugging in the charger. Your VENTY will now appear in a pop-up window.
  • By selecting your device on the window, you agree to the data being submitted to STORZ & BICKEL for technical analysis only. Please note, the analysis does not concern personal data or information on usage behavior.
To demonstrate our appreciation for your participation, we would like to send you a coupon code valued 30 €/USD for our online shop after completing the analysis.

Your support is appreciated and helps us monitor and ensure the performance of your VENTY.

Best regards,

STORZ & BICKEL
I told you all I wasn't lying. I wouldn't do that shit.

Doesnt surprise me , mine has multiple issues ,its been RMA today ,
doesnt look like theres a replacement yet without faults ,
latest one was eak at the up button /the clicking of not the button /the actual venty,
screen also running up to the right not straight at all , ok in £100 induction heater but not this ,
also the casing wider at power button and small hole in the gap,
cooling unit not flush or near to be ,
004 err code and the Bluetooth issue
which if was just the Bluetooth id have waited on a software update ,but not all this ,
its not really a new device thing a case not even ,screen not centred ? oven screen and cooling unit screen not fitted correct on arrival ,
the cooling unit also could be a new device error but its so noticeable i think ,what a complete time waist ,
i think it will be a refund for me until they sort their shit out ,
they will ,they always do but until then i think
i also think it feels soft ,,the plastic especially around the bottom, its bottom heavy and i d be very surprised if it took a drop ,
might be soft but not brittle who knows ,
cant understand a company that mainly owners use dosing caps , how awkward now changing a bowl when out with the dog in middle of winter
with my tremor and poor grip i could see me dropping it then ,
so think its an indoor dont get sick vape ,changing a bowl with caps when ill is easy ,,
but now ?? Just like other vapes , dont understand this thinking
it works with them they say but not meant for ,
why then not make a cap with same holes but all over especially for the Venty ??
my thinking is we will see us spending more money on a smaller one battery ,possibly a bigger 21 series and designed mainlty for caps ,
thats their outdoor vape and indoor it was one now 2 , the mini VENTY ???
that answers the question ? Why the fucks it so big ? As many thought it would be smaller ,
smaller coming i think
annoying thing i do like the VENTY ALOT its just all the shit round about it ,
beginners mistake from our biggest manufacturer?

on batterys the Bluetooth on will fuck them eventually plus say it takes 5% less probably then the Ecco thing
thats 15$ battery life
14 bowels someone said well your now down to 12
away all day and lose 2 bowls ,your call
on battery life i posted pages back
ive a mighty i bought 2015 and never changed or had battery issues , its sat 2 years and still fully charged
i did a real time time test heating up to cooling off , timed only when switched on and at 7 years old then it still lasted 1 hour 34 minutes
it was nt even the newer one with the 20% increase ,
so stop worrying or letting that put you off
all this other shit should
theres plenty of as good vapes that cover replacing batterys just fine
ive several but nearly always just plug it in at the vape ,
things are no where near a slow charging as once were
G
G

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
What?? This is just ridiculous
If they detected problems, they only had to send a new device and collect those that were sold without having been properly tested, to be properly tested at the factory.
Unacceptable for a company of this size.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
eh it feels weird to totally put one guy on blast but it’s definitely a company I have no experience with but imagine would immediately become my eX Vape if you catch my drift
I think I know who you mean and that surprises me.
a couple of verified company reps reached out to me on here overnight with scary stories about Canopy and S&B, recommending I cancel my order.

How many reps reached out to you? I wonder what made them choose you, in particular. I wonder who else got a DM.

I suppose it's against FC rules to share the contents of a DM anyway.

Grass Yes,

Best regards,

STORZ & BICKEL
Weird.. never got that email

Bonesvapechi,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Weird.. never got that email

I just registered mine, note says it could take 3 days to get “verified”. You list the date of the invoice, then have to attach a file of the order receipt. I make PDF’s of most things I buy, and save them in Dropbox, so I just dragged that to their “upload window”, on the same registration page. Guess I’ll see by next week, if it’s “verified”, and then if I get this email talked about above.

I just registered mine, note says it could take 3 days to get “verified”. You list the date of the invoice, then have to attach a file of the order receipt. I make PDF’s of most things I buy, and save them in Dropbox, so I just dragged that to their “upload window”, on the same registration page. Guess I’ll see by next week, if it’s “verified”, and then if I get this email talked about above.
I registered mine and verified on 10/25

Bonesvapechi,

ondemander

This wording is low-key admitting this wasn't a proper product launch but a beta test. Everyone was saying this was 7 years in development and it's medically certified so it went through rigorous testing. It sure doesn't seem that way.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have no experience with but imagine would immediately become my eX Vape if you catch my drift
Yes, it was me, I have been on here over 5 years and a XVAPE rep for under 2. I suggested you get a credit (via PM so as not to derail here) as no one knows how long the fix will be. I did not push any of my products as an alternate and said you would be safer waiting until actual stock and also linked a video for you to show how to upload pics here as you were unable to...you are welcome.
scary stories about Canopy
Back to lurking...waiting on some sales in the future to grab one myself as my name suggests, I love my Plenty and have heard this is a close portable version of it.:tup:

Last edited:

cheeseholidays

Interesting email. The issue would certainly be electronics related I’d think?

Not to come across as an apologist but a batch of boards using a faulty or incorrect IC/resistor/cap wouldn’t exactly be unheard of. Or a firmware bug.

I just don’t see any reason to believe anything shady is going on.

Top Bottom