Venty by Storz & Bickel

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Please let me know if I'm just being dumb and there is a way to do so, because I don't mind being wrong here lol

The lets go back to the temp you already finished after 90 seconds makes zero sensimilla.

I detailed this in my POST #591, a few posts above….
EMAIL S&B on these potential firmware updates, or they won’t know. I have.

justcametomind

Is there any way to stay on your boost temp?

This is, imo, the most baffling part of the Venty for me. Why would I want to superboost to 410F and then go back down to my base temp after 90 seconds? I'd rather just stay on my boost temp, but I've yet to find a way to do so myself

Please let me know if I'm just being dumb and there is a way to do so, because I don't mind being wrong here lol
The temp goes back to 180°C because this vape is aimed at the average user who may probably dislike coughing up a lung if their vape kept the boost temp and they happened to place a fresh capsule in the oven. SB has always been a company who keeps everything as simple as possible in order to appeal the impaired/elder/medical/average user AND possibly hardcore users.
I am not affected because ideally I’d keep the temperature at 210 and microdose 30/50mg each time with the same great absorption rate I apparently get from the Volcano.
If they would come up with temp stepping every 2/3 detected hits it would be great and could make more sense than Volcano Hybrid’s workflows.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

this vape is aimed at the average user who may probably dislike coughing up a lung if their vape kept the boost temp

While I understand the S&B philosophy, I’d rather see the vape, VIBRATE several times, similar to the warning at the end of the 2 minute standard timeout, and then just SHUT OFF, instead of immediately DROPPING DOWN to the lower BASE TEMP, this part is illogical.
If they would come up with temp stepping every 2/3 detected hits

That would be very SLICK! But at the least, assuming the chipset has enough onboard memory to add more code, GIVE USE, similar choices like the SMART PATHS, on a Davinci IQ2, not as precise as a “detected hit” adjustment, the Smart Paths, are just timed temperature increases over the total session timer, and there are 4 paths you can choose from, with step up profiles.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I must be missing something...:hmm:
If you don't want the boost to deactivate after 90sec, why don't you raise the temperature straight away to the desired temperature?with the plus and minus buttons
like nitro...is it only used when necessary? No?:shrug:

Dr. G

Old Resident
I’m glad the temp goes down…I don’t want that staying jacked up. Anyway…

Anyone know of anyone making a glass mouth piece for the Venty?

Dr. G,

RustyOldNail

If you don't want the boost to deactivate after 90sec, why don't you raise the temperature straight away to the desired temperature?with the plus and minus buttons

Because, when you MANUALLY set the temperature you are then actually SETTING the BASE TEMPERATURE, and that last manually set temperature will be the first one you see on the next power on. This is the same behavior when you manually set a BASS temperature in the APP, it only stays at that setting, until you manually set it on the buttons, that’s your new BASS temperature.

So, in a practical example, pressing the MUSHY buttons till you get to a comparable high BOOST level, will give you the 2 minute timer, and draw detection, that’s FINE, but now you’ve made that HIGH TEMPERATURE, your new BASE TEMP, and that’s the temperature you get on the next device restart. Doing that also NEGATES being able to use the (2) BOOST TEMPS that you can customize in the APP. The HIGHER the temperature you start at “BASE TEMP”, the less range you will end up with in the two BOOST TEMP presets.

I keep my BASE TEMP at 360f, with my BOOST PRESETS set to +25f. This gives me:
BASE START = 360f
1st BOOST = 385f
2nd BOOST = 410f (Max)

All with minimal button pressing. If this is not logical, spend more time with the device and the settings available, and I’ll respond and or test any logical theories. :)

RustyOldNail

I’m glad the temp goes down…I don’t want that staying jacked up.

Then it logically should just TURN OFF, when the BOOST TEMP reverts to LOWER TEMP after the 90 second timer, to the last SET BASE TEMP, the 2 minute TIMER RESTARTS, so wasting some battery capacity, and you have already VAPED those compounds in the flower, when you first started your session….
The current behavior is illogical in my opinion, have yet to hear of a theory that makes sense, other then few devices are perfect on ship day, especially the software and firmware that’s thankfully UPGRADABLE, guess we’ll eventually see if they bother.

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
I personally like using the boost modes as my temp stepping method. I start at my preferred temp, I boost it to my preferred middle temp, and then I finish it off at 410F which is my super boost temp. It's way faster than using the arrows. The only downside is that it goes back to the original base temp after 90 seconds with no way to prevent it. Hope that filled in what you were missing!

I fail to NOT see how useful it could be lol.

justcametomind

Then it logically should just TURN OFF, when the BOOST TEMP reverts to LOWER TEMP after the 90 second timer, to the last SET BASE TEMP, the 2 minute TIMER RESTARTS, so wasting some battery capacity, and you have already VAPED those compounds in the flower, when you first started your session….
The current behavior is illogical in my opinion, have yet to hear of a theory that makes sense, other then few devices are perfect on ship day, especially the software and firmware that’s thankfully UPGRADABLE, guess we’ll eventually see if they bother.
Except for the boost feature, Venty‘s buttons, on screen content and “operating system” are still the same as a Volcano digit’s, and when you turn on any S&B device, it keeps the last temperature it has been used at, and it’s been like that all over since day 1. Every desktop/portable they made.
You are asking too much. ;)

arrjaytea

Bill Cravy
Got the “Delivery Delay” email today so now the real waiting game begins - presumably oversold or shipment delay, so it goes.

RustyOldNail

I understand you, but if you want to prolong the boost?...you have to repeat the whole process
well...it was never a problem for me on my craftys and mightys

Well, first issue, you have to be aware that the 90 second BOOST has just timed out. There maybe a vibration, I’ll have to test that, my unit is running an ECO charge test right now.
But it’s happened to me a few times, the screen is running GREEN in your boost mode, timer runs out, temperature DROPS, the screen is still GREEN, but you’ll hopefully notice the now original LOWER BASE temp on screen, or as happened to me, there was little vapor in a BOOST pull, OH…. it’s no longer the BOOST temperature…
I don’t recall saying it was an actual “problem”, just an ILLOGICAL programming decision in my opinion.
I first saw this mentioned on one of SneakyPetes early Venty videos, and I agree with his take on it.

So yeah, no problem once you are aware the BOOST just timed out, then DOUBLE CLICK power button TWICE to get back where you were… none of that should be necessary. You should be able to extend the BOOST by another 90:seconds, with a single PRESS ON ANY BUTTON, or just turn device off, as it does after the standard 2 minute session timeout.

Thunderbelch

Agreed, they just need 2 simple changes:
1 - Boost mode timer should extend using the (now reliable) draw sensor or quick press of the power button.
2 - When boost mode times out (after warning you first with vibrations) it should just switch off because there's no point in dropping back to the base temp (because presumably you've now finished the bowl).

Next time you switch it on it will start back at the base temp, same as all S&B devices.

I also like @Easywider's idea of an optional automatic temp stepping mode (by time or draws)!

On another note, my + button has now started clicking audibly when pressed. Probably something flexing inside that shouldn't. Also have the issue with BT not staying off when disabled, but not too stressed about that one. Those are the only faults on mine so far (touch wood).

RustyOldNail

On another note, my + button has now started clicking audibly when pressed.

I noticed this yesterday, if you look closely at the bottom of the LCD screen, the frame pushes in a bit and I can hear/feel a faint click. I think it’s the body plastic, not the button, which the PLUS button is very close to that screen. Hopefully, it never becomes a screen issue….

Dr. G

Old Resident
One week in using the Venty 30 times a day…family is handling it too. It’s immaculate. No weird noises, no warped anything…no weird messages, easy to clean and load. I start at 350 today, end at 380…Northern Lights herb. It’s amazing and my TM2, p80 Tetra, Vapman’s, and my ALPPro are all taking a vacay…my Volcano is still and always will be active! Venty is the bomb right now. Loving it!

justcametomind

Except… that’s what we were discussing….

Owning many devices, as well as Mighty, Volcano, Venty, I’m aware of how the last temperature set, remains persistent, but the RESET to a lower temperature after BOOST 90 second timeout, makes no sense…. and not directly related.
Imho the changes you are asking for, would probably satisfy the average FC member but displease the average SB user.
Even if they would listen to you what would you ask for? Buzzing and then shutting up? Fine. Keeping the last boost temperature as default temp? This would please you or the average FC member but make the average SB user cough up a lung if they put a fresh load and vape it. Since the Venty excels at fast extraction I dont see the reason to revolutionise its OS to accomodate who treats it like a sipper. You have a logic but your pattern of use is already covered by the +/- buttons and the modifications you ask for would probably not pass the "keeping it simple" rule.
Personally, I cash my bowl in under 90 seconds in almost any situation so I don't see much of an issue in going back to base temperature. Conduction still plays a role so I don't see any reason to sit with my vape in the hand for 90 seconds instead of cashing the bowl rapidly.

Last edited:

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Imho the changes you are asking for, would probably satisfy the average FC member but displease the average SB user.
Even if they would listen to you what would you ask for? Buzzing and then shutting up? Fine. Keeping the last boost temperature as default temp? This would please you or the average FC member but make the average SB user cough up a lung if they put a fresh load and vape it. Since the Venty excels at fast extraction I dont see the reason to revolutionise its OS to accomodate who treats it like a sipper. You have a logic but your pattern of use is already covered by the +/- buttons and the modifications you ask for would probably not pass the "keeping it simple" rule.
Personally, I cash my bowl in under 90 seconds in almost any situation so I don't see much of an issue in going back to base temperature. Conduction still plays a role so I don't see any reason to sit with my vape in the hand for 90 seconds instead of cashing the bowl rapidly.
Not to be argumentative, but I don't really understand why you seem so against this proposed change? I feel a good majority chunk of people that I've talked to find that the temp reverting back to base temp after 90 seconds is illogical. You know what my friend said after the temp reverted on him and I had to tell him I couldn't prevent the temp from reverting? "That's stupid, why doesn't it just stay at temp you set it at?". It's a weird thing to have to defend after spending $450 on a device imo, and I'd rather not have to, especially if it's a change I would also like to see.

Some of us just want the option to not have our temp reset, it's really not that huge of an ask, and if you feel otherwise, then I'd love to know why it'd be a big deal when really all there needs to be is a checkbox in the app that says "Revert boost temps back to base temp after 90 seconds", and then we can all choose what we want. You can keep the current iteration as the stock default option, that's fine, but let me change it! On top of it all, the arrow buttons on the venty kinda suck... They don't feel good or satisfying to use at all, so I'd much rather use the boost feature for quick temp changes.

Again not trying to be negative, and it's great that you wouldn't use the feature if implemented, but unfortunately what you do doesn't really do anything for me. Because you may not use it, but I sure would. It's probably best if you don't speak on behalf of all venty users because your wants aren't the same as everyone else's. I've already sent S&B an email reflecting my desire for this change, so this will be my last comment about it. Imo any argument against it is moot when all it needs to be is an option in the app lmao

Last edited:
Got the “Delivery Delay” email today so now the real waiting game begins - presumably oversold or shipment delay, so it goes.
It’s worth the wait my friend
Not to be argumentative, but I don't really understand why you seem so against this proposed change? I feel a good majority chunk of people that I've talked to find that the temp reverting back to base temp after 90 seconds is illogical. You know what my friend said after the temp reverted on him and I had to tell him I couldn't prevent the temp from reverting? "That's stupid, why doesn't it just stay at temp you set it at?". It's a weird thing to have to defend after spending $450 on a device imo, and I'd rather not have to, especially if it's a change I would also like to see.

Some of us just want the option to not have our temp reset, it's really not that huge of an ask, and if you feel otherwise, then I'd love to know why it'd be a big deal when really all there needs to be is a checkbox in the app that says "Revert boost temps back to base temp after 90 seconds", and then we can all choose what we want. You can keep the current iteration as the stock default option, that's fine, but let me change it! On top of it all, the arrow buttons on the venty kinda suck... They don't feel good or satisfying to use at all, so I'd much rather use the boost feature for quick temp changes.

Again not trying to be negative, and it's great that you wouldn't use the feature if implemented, but unfortunately what you do doesn't really do anything for me. Because you may not use it, but I sure would. It's probably best if you don't speak on behalf of all venty users because your wants aren't the same as everyone else's. I've already sent S&B an email reflecting my desire for this change, so this will be my last comment about it. Imo any argument against it is moot when all it needs to be is an option in the app lmao
It could be due to the medical certification. Reasons as to why S&B will not have replaceable batteries. Medical and safety is their number 1 concern. I know I’m the crafty + after my boost it goes back to the preset temp I have at 395f. But I have to imagine that with the new batteries and heater and power, it’ll just be more efficient on the unit to just default to the lowest after boost. That’s just my opinion,

RustyOldNail

it’ll just be more efficient on the unit to just default to the lowest after boost. That’s just my opinion,

It would actually be more EFFICIENT, if the device SHUT OFF, after the BOOST mode times out in 90 seconds, giving you only a tiny vibration notice (my Venty haptic motor vibration is less powerful than on my OG Mighty).

By reverting to the BASE TEMP, the device is now going to be ON for at least another 2 minutes (additional battery draining), at a temperature you have already vaped the goodies on.

More efficient if the unit just TURNED OFF when my 2nd BOOST times out, which is what I usually do. Currently, if I feel there maybe more left at the last Boost level, and I noticed quickly enough, I have to press the power button 4 more times to get back to where I was. Or, while still active, let me press any button to EXTEND BOOST another 90 seconds…..

I don’t see how reverting to low base temp after boost cycle is efficient or medically motivated.

It would actually be more EFFICIENT, if the device SHUT OFF, after the BOOST mode times out in 90 seconds, giving you only a tiny vibration notice (my Venty haptic motor vibration is less powerful than on my OG Mighty).

By reverting to the BASE TEMP, the device is now going to be ON for at least another 2 minutes (additional battery draining), at a temperature you have already vaped the goodies on.

More efficient if the unit just TURNED OFF when my 2nd BOOST times out, which is what I usually do. Currently, if I feel there maybe more left at the last Boost level, and I noticed quickly enough, I have to press the power button 4 more times to get back to where I was. Or, while still active, let me press any button to EXTEND BOOST another 90 seconds…..

I don’t see how reverting to low base temp after boost cycle is efficient or medically motivated.
If it shut off after boost then YOU would be even more aggravated hahaha just saying. And you can’t say Forsure that the medical certificate and safety may not be the reason. I’ll also argue that the batteries ar e being used more efficiently rather than turn it off right away. Turning on and off causes more strain on battery performance. When I do back to back on my Venty, I don’t turn it off, I dump the bowl and pack a new one while it’s still on.

Last edited:
You would be very wrong.
Then I’m wrong! Lol, I’m other news my fiancée fucking loves the Venty, think it looks like a taser… so def going to be apprehensive possibly traveling on a plane with the Venty, unless I just separate the cooling unit from the body

Bonesvapechi,

arrjaytea

Bill Cravy
I have no idea how to post images on this site anymore (imgur no longer works?), but I received another email today basically saying “we are sold out and have no idea when you’ll get yours, sorry” and man I am so bummed right now

It’s 2023, matching your on hand inventory to your e-commerce back end isn’t a big ask

BreadStick

You would be very wrong.
Would it not depend on the use case? If the user was planning on having multiple bowls leave the device on between bowls to save energy but once you're finished just switch it off straight away? I thought heaters consumed the most energy when actually changing temperature because of that specific latent heat wizardry that calculates how many joules are required to change a materials temperature by 1 degree. Once the heater is at temp you don't use as much energy because you're only have to heat by a few degrees every so often.

Top Bottom