Discontinued Vaporstar Vaporizer

Vap974

Hi, i've just finish a bowl with my vaporstar.There's a long time that i haven't use it.
Since i've bought it, i ordered a da buddha, a mflb, a ss coil , a vapman, glass vg bat and a vapocane.
Sometimes i use a volcano and the iolite and vapir no2.

So i can compare all this toys and the vaporstar is really a very good product.
You have : the price, the taste, the look, the fun.

If you want to buy a cheap but wonderfull vape, buy this one!!

(i use it with a torch lighter of course..)

Vap974,

BullGod

Hey there, Folks!

I have used the Vaporstar with my girlfriend and we are very happy with the results. We are using the wooden bowl with a simple small bong.
Lately I am not very happy with
  1. the wooden taste caused by the walnut bowl and
  2. the bong itself, since we do not use it without water and could do with a smaller, more portable device.
I thought of buying the Glass Vapor Bowl, but as far as I know the cap is chrome coated aluminum and not stainless steel like the cap of the Vaporstar. So no chance of me (or rather her) putting a torch flame on that thing.

Does anyone have both the Vaporstar and the Glass Vapor Bowl?
If the inner diameter of the Glass Bowl is the same, I might just buy a Glass Vapor Bowl and use it with the cap of the Vaporstar.

Otherwise, I wonder if I could fit the cap on a regular glass bowl myself.
I have no experience with glass, so I might just ruin the bowl or even worse the cap of the Vaporstar.
I could also ask around in headshops for them to fit me a bowl with the cap, if it's to hard to do myself.

Lastly, can you recommend any smaller pipe to go with the cap of the Vaporstar?
I can not imagine, that I will find one that fits out of the box, so I am thinking of a j-hook, or some kind of pipe with a kick-hole and get that one fitted with the cap.

I hope, those weren't too many questions. Thanks for your attention!

BullGod,

BullGod

Additionally, for the case that I am stuck with the wooden bowl now:
Having the unvarnished bowl, what kinds of oils can I use to maintain the wood? Regarding the health risks of vaporizing oil.

BullGod,

OF

Howdy. I own a VS, and while I think it's nice and fun if a folksy way, I think Vapor Genie outperforms it in many ways. Including glass and compact models as well as some interesting versions that can be soaked in ISO and boiled to make them squeaky clean. They use a Silicon Carbide heat exchanger, basically kryptonite. Torch proof, you can use a small torch lighter if you want and get very fast response and control.

The 'Coil' version will fit your bong directly if you wish.

Like I said, I have a VS but it's pretty lonely.

OF

BullGod

There are multiple pros and cons to consider for both devices, I read some reviews and comparisons.

The metal cap is said to deliver a more consistent heat compared to the VG, you can see the vapor building up which helps to avoid combustion, while on the other hand, you can not burn your fingers with the VG and its a convenient hand held device, and so on...

I heard good verdicts for the Coil, but IMHO it just looks awful and crappy (not saying it is).
I will stay with the VS for now and try to use it on a glass bowl. I read the Glass Vapo Bowl has the same diameter, so I might buy one of those, but I want to be sure first.

BullGod,
Reactions: OF

SuperTorch

I'm looking to buy a Vaporstar, they don't sell them anymore. Does anyone here want to sell theirs? if so let me know...

SuperTorch,
Reactions: BeeSawd

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes, I can only find the Vapo-bowl at retailers...although I remenber to see the Vaporstar somewhere in a EU retailer website.

Edit: Yes it seems out of stock everywhere, maybe you can post a "want to buy" post in Classifieds....

Last edited:
PPN,
Top Bottom