• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Vaporstar Vaporizer

champ3185

Egg Man said:
alex, It took me 6 months to perfect my VS technique and im still learning, its a great sit down home vape. :)

I have an EHLE 250ml and a 100ml, both are perfect for the VS with 14.4mm joints, they come with downstems included for around 25-30 (bargain). The 250 produces nice big rips and the 100 gives very tasty, but still thick hits. I tend to rotate them, it keeps things interesting. EHLE glass is quality and value for money IMO.

hi there. if you could choose either the 250ml or 100ml for the vs, which would you choose? thinking of ordering one.

regards,
champ

champ3185,

Egg Man

If I had to choose between the 100ml and 250ml. I would go with the 250 all the way. The 100 is so small its almost like a pipe (glass vapor genie would be the best comparison). The 250ml is the optimum size for the Vaporstar IMO. Anything bigger, and the air to vapor ratio leans to far on the "air" side.

VS only produces vapor for around 3 seconds when at the optimum heated temp, I find in 3 secs i can fill the 250ml with thick vapor, whearas if use a larger bong the vapor is not so thick and the tendancy to burn the herb increases if trying to take "too" large a hit. I have ditched my 500ml weedstar bong since getting the smaller models.

:)

Egg Man,

champ3185

thank you for the advice.
appreciate it

i saw a couple of vids with the vs and a 250ml on youtube and the hits were huge..
i wondered werere these guys actually getting smoke??

i am using my unit with a small bong and am pleased with the rips..want something like the ehle 250 tho
looks great

regards,
champ

champ3185,

max

Out to lunch
champ3185 said:
i saw a couple of vids with the vs and a 250ml on youtube and the hits were huge..
i wondered werere these guys actually getting smoke??
Probably not. Visible vapor on exhale is determined not only by hit size, but by lighting, since vapor is harder to see than smoke. Check out this video where the exhales are from the much smaller capacity bowl on a PD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euh_MTzhZug

max,

champ3185

@Max
thanks for the link. If I could get one vape this would be it for sure. Cant get it here in ireland tho.
great clouds from such a small amount of green. This vape must be the most efficient ever designed?

regards,
champ

champ3185,

stinkmeaner

champ3185 said:
@Max
thanks for the link. If I could get one vape this would be it for sure. Cant get it here in ireland tho.
great clouds from such a small amount of green. This vape must be the most efficient ever designed?

regards,
champ
If you really want one of those, there are other manufacturers that make a clone version, they might send one to you in Ireland. Try Woodeez Vaporizer or Better Days Vaporizer (on Ebay)

stinkmeaner,

Nosferatu

Im thinking about getting a vaporstar... (merged)

But before I do could somebody tell me if there is a hands-down better alternative for under 70 dollars?

I did some research but its hard to get alot of info on these kind of vapes. I have a PD and DBV so I am just interested in getting this style of vape. Thank you :)

Nosferatu,

champ3185

ya i have one and for the price its great.
2 drawbacks for me..
a)sometimes at the start i get more butane than vapor..3 hits in this stops for me..have no idea why
b)it is easy to combust with the vs. with practice this stops..

overall I would recommend it. its cheap but allows users to hit very high temps within the vapor range.
enjoy

champ

champ3185,

Nosferatu

Isn't there a non wood alternative?

Perhaps an all glass version...that is available now?

Nosferatu,

Zormac

I just ordered a Vaporstar and a Liquid Coolant Steamroller Pipe with Box from everyonedoesit.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com//onli...ller_Pipe_with_Box__Small.cfm?iProductID=6999

I was worried that it wouldnt fit properly but I sent them an email to ask about it and they said it would fit, hopefully I will get it soon :)
I was wondering if anyone uses there Vaporstar for hasch?

Sadly its quite impossible to get hold of weed here, I can get it like once a year :(

I hope it still works as well though since I think this piece will seriously improve my health, my lungs should at least be happier. If anyone uses this for hasch I would appreciate your thoughts on it, how should it look like after you have vaporized it when done correctly?

Sice this is my first post I would like to thank all you people on the forum for your great tips in what to buy, its a jungle out there if you dont know what good and whats not.

Cheers!

Zormac,
Zormac said:
I just ordered a Vaporstar and a Liquid Coolant Steamroller Pipe with Box from everyonedoesit.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com//onli...ller_Pipe_with_Box__Small.cfm?iProductID=6999

I was worried that it wouldnt fit properly but I sent them an email to ask about it and they said it would fit, hopefully I will get it soon :)
I was wondering if anyone uses there Vaporstar for hasch?

Sadly its quite impossible to get hold of weed here, I can get it like once a year :(

I hope it still works as well though since I think this piece will seriously improve my health, my lungs should at least be happier. If anyone uses this for hasch I would appreciate your thoughts on it, how should it look like after you have vaporized it when done correctly?

Sice this is my first post I would like to thank all you people on the forum for your great tips in what to buy, its a jungle out there if you dont know what good and whats not.

Cheers!

It works fine for all kinds of extracts, although glass vapobowl is far better due to upper and lower screen position choice, as well as the fact it's made of glass and not fucking walnut. Using a jet lighter will produce better flavor and higher temperatures, necessary for extracts if you want big vapor. Looking at that roller, I don't know how good that's gonna work.

If that steamroller has a standard 7mm (I think) connection like most rubber-grometted pieces, the vaporstar will fit fine, although it will stick out quite a bit.

charliedontsurf,

Zormac

charliedontsurf said:
It works fine for all kinds of extracts, although glass vapobowl is far better due to upper and lower screen position choice, as well as the fact it's made of glass and not fucking walnut. Using a jet lighter will produce better flavor and higher temperatures, necessary for extracts if you want big vapor. Looking at that roller, I don't know how good that's gonna work.

If that steamroller has a standard 7mm (I think) connection like most rubber-grometted pieces, the vaporstar will fit fine, although it will stick out quite a bit.
I just got it today and I gotta say I love it! Managed to scorch it a little though but I think I got the hang of it now. The bowl doesnt fit all that well though, I think if I got a thinner piece of rubber it would fit just just fine. Anyone know where to get a really thin one? I was also worried a bit of the freezable aspect, would it be safe to put in the freezer with 37% alcohol in it?

I am actually planning on buying a vapobowl soon, I just thought that since this one hade alot more reviews I would get thevsafe bet to see if I liked the concept :)

Sorry if its a bit messy, Im pretty wasted on my vapostar ^^ Full review commin up soon!

Zormac,

Zormac

Sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy lately and when I haven't Ive been fucked up on my Vaporstar ^^

This thing is awsome! It works really great for hasch, as long as its very dry first. I really gotta recommend the steamroller-combo. The grommet that comes with the steamroller doesn't fit very good but I got a new one in a normal tobacco-store thats actually for a hookah that fits perfectly.

The box is great for portability, wish they wold have a compartment to put your stash and lighter but they fit in the box nonetheless. I just doesn't look as good :)

Sice I got this I use less then half of what I used before rolling joints. I feel alot healthier and have actually already ordered a new vape ^^ My combustiondays are over and I think this is a perfect starting-vape.

Sorry, no video Im afraid :/

Zormac,

friedricey

being human
I got my VS today. I can't wait to try it tonight, I feel like a kid all over again opening the package.

friedricey,

friedricey

being human
Quick Review:

Finally got mine in the mail from the States to Australia after 3 weeks.

Initial Thoughts

- slightly overpriced; as a consumer/buyer I think it should be about $20USD
- very simple gadget
- cool tweezers

Trial

- I used in on my 34cm bong and thought that I just wasted my money. There were no vapors.
- I then used it on my 21cm bong and got vapor, slightly popcorn flavour but I could taste the herb which was good because my desk vaporizer tastes and smells like plastic.
- After about 4-6 proper hits I was baked.
- The herbs were not burned
- I touched the metal to see how hot it got - I can see how a person might burn their fingers if they held it on long enough. :lol:
- It would have been good if the metal bit locked on to the wooden bowl so that I wouldn't have to worry about spillage.

Final thoughts

- excellent product
- slightly expensive for such a simple and small gadget
- I am happy with my purchased, in fact I would have purchased more if they were more competitively priced.
- I'm baked from one small bowl - good for saving herbs
- Gives a good mental high
- It works better with small bongs
- I would recommend it for anyone who is new or interested in vaporization.
- I would recommend it for anyone looking for a new way to medicate themselves.

friedricey,
On one hand it's slightly expensive, on the other, the producer has machining costs for the top and C&C lathe costs for the bowl. This stuff isn't as cheap as you might think, especially if he stuck to his guns and didn't have it manufactured overseas.

While I think the glass Vapobowl is superior due to its, well, glass bowl, I still the VS is a nice little way to jump cheaply into vaporizing.

Nice Nes avatar by the way, Earthbound was a childhood favorite. I still remember buying the used copy from my local Blockbuster, with the big, illustrated strategy guy it came with and everything. Kupo!

charliedontsurf,

friedricey

being human
^ Yea, I was just giving him one consumer's pov. I'm sure it's costly to make but only the owner of the business knows how much. I'm just pointing out that he could sell more at a lower price.

Earthbound ftw. Such a sleeper of a game. I thought it was a simple sort of game but boy was I surprised. That game has stayed in my memories and my friend's for a long time. There's an earthbound 2 out.

friedricey,

VaporEyeSore

Just bought one of these and the first time i used i was very impressed. I used a jet flame as recommended in this forum and took the top screen out after second use which seemed to improve airflow.

Big clouds of tasty vapor and quite easy to achieve a big vape with a rolling on off heat technique. However the second day of use there was an awfull metalic taint to the vapor which could be tasted when tried with nothing in and a lighter put to it and the metal on inside top has discoloured.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a problem from using a jet flame? The only other thing I can think of is have put it on someting while hot and vaped and that may have given the taint, but it is very metalic tasting.

VaporEyeSore,
Top Bottom