Discontinued Vaporstar Vaporizer

mookow69

Hello everyone! I just bought one of these!
Their website is http://www.vaporstar.co.uk/
I bought it from a 3rd party reseller called everyonedoesit.com
I was using it earlier today with some friends and we find it to be pretty nice! Ill be posting pics, may be a milk shot as well. Ill also post more of a review after I have used it more, only got to use it like 3 times. But I must say if it is used correctly it seems to work well!

mookow69,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
That thing looks cool! I love how you can see the vapor building as you hit it...great idea for a portable. I can't wait to hear your review.

stickstones,

mookow69

dsc00339xk3.jpg

dsc00341xs7.jpg

I have used it a few more times. It is easy to use, however It is also easy to char the material. I found it to be pretty good. On the plus side, buying the optional glass piece includes a glass chilum.

mookow69,

marcuss

above the clouds
:(...you hve been lucky choosin that kind of glassware without that crappy black plastic....WTF....i stopped dealing with this vape...no more stress for me!

Anyone wants to buy a low used one for half the price?:ninja:joking!

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
I've got the Micro Pipe version. Comes with a leather belt pouch. Nice for a portable. I like it better than the Genie. The Micro is actually a bong called the 'Mini Traveller' and sells for about $25 US by itself in headshops and online. You take out the glass bowl and insert the Vaporstar. From him, with the Vaporstar, it's less than $10-good deal.

vpmicropipewebphotofb5.th.jpg

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
:/.....well...so i can say..DO NOT BUY THE TUBE GLASS BONG with the black plastic pod!
This low-grade indian glassware with low grade plastic parts make me sad!
Good to know that for others glass bong users the stinky issue doesn't happens!

marcuss,

spyder

max said:
I've got the Micro Pipe version. Comes with a leather belt pouch. Nice for a portable. I like it better than the Genie. The Micro is actually a bong called the 'Mini Traveller' and sells for about $25 US by itself in headshops and online. You take out the glass bowl and insert the Vaporstar. From him, with the Vaporstar, it's less than $10-good deal.

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/5650/vpmicropipewebphotofb5.th.jpg
Who in the US sells these??

spyder,

max

Out to lunch
Who in the US sells these??
Nobody. I asked Dave (the owner/inventor) about it, and there's not really enough profit margin there to make it worthwhile for both parties unless some US dealer was willing to buy a huge number of units all at once. I looked all over for a better price than buying direct from Dave. The one place that beat his price offered such a small savings that, all things considered, it wasn't worth the risk. Buying direct from http://www.vaporstar.co.uk/ was easy. I got charged $2-3 for currency conversion and had to sign for delivery (about a 10 day wait). Other than that it was hassle free.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
The vaporstar and vapor genie have got to be the 2 best no nonsence portables. Sure both have draw backs but with the no heat up time and portability anything that requries plugging in comes 2nd.

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
max said:
...Nice for a portable. I like it better than the Genie...
How do they compare in ease of use, i.e. not burning the herb? I guess with the vaporstar you can see your glassware filling up with vapor which would help a bit.

moo, thanks for the pics. I'm a bit confused on how the wooden piece fits into the glass. Does it go into the bowl? From the pics on the vaporstar site I was under the impression that it was plugged in as a bowl itself and not filtered through the water. Connection pretty airtight?

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Being a butane reliant vap the vaporstar would still be prone to burning. In the vid the guy stops applying the lighter once the vapor starts to show and a few seconds after the lighter stops so does the vapor. This makes me think (like the genie) it would be very easy to keep applying the lighter ... looking for that extra nice big hit and in the process burning the product.

vaporcloud,

PeteYpuFF

Ok I have a Vaporstar on the way. I want to know if anyone has tried hooking a piece of hose onto the vaporstar, like people are now doing with the Vaporgeine. I was wondering because if it works It might make a great portable.

PeteYpuFF,

max

Out to lunch
PeteYpuFF said:
Ok I have a Vaporstar on the way. I want to know if anyone has tried hooking a piece of hose onto the vaporstar, like people are now doing with the Vaporgeine. I was wondering because if it works It might make a great portable.
With the glassware that Dave provides, you could only do tubing on the micro pipe, which is already portable. The tubing is more useful on the Genie, especially due to the bowl angle.

max,

PeteYpuFF

no i am not getting any glassware. I just thought if i put a 4 inch piece of hose on it I would be able to use it as a portable. I will be using it with a water pipe at home but didnt want to carry glass with me.

PeteYpuFF,

marcuss

above the clouds
peteYpuff....i liked your idea and i put my vaporstar straight on a foodgrade tubing to give it a change before i throw it away....with a great surprise i found this way the only one that give me some satisfations with this vape!!

Now it is really easy carry it in a poket!!

thanks again for your input......i'll close up my auction in the used vapes suk :D

marcuss,

SuperTorch

marcuss said:
:/.....well...so i can say..DO NOT BUY THE TUBE GLASS BONG with the black plastic pod!
This low-grade indian glassware with low grade plastic parts make me sad!
Good to know that for others glass bong users the stinky issue doesn't happens!
I own more than a few of these and they Rock. The glass that comes with the VaporStar is excellent as far as I'm concerned. There are a ton of Waterpipes at local shops across the country that have a rubber/acrylic base, some bongs are made of acrylic as a whole and are not even glass like the ones with the VaporStar. I see a lot of people not getting the glass which to me doesn't make any sense because he sells them so low when you buy it with the VaporStar - $10. Yea you can get a full glass water pipe to use and those are cool too, but I think its a reach to act like the glass pipes that come with the VaporStar are below par for the cost(its really the opposite), at any local shop they'd be $25-$30. I like the rubber base a lot more than the acrylic bases that some have. The VaporStar bowl will work with any 14.4 joint on any of the chic brands so theres nothing to lose by grabbing the pipes that he has on his website, in fact they are perfect in size in the palm of your hand. All glass is better technically but there is no way I'm passing on the nice pipes that come with it for $10 more than just the bowl. I bought 5 from him kept 3 gave 2 to my friends and they love it.

I'm a Big Big fan of this vaporizer and want everyone to know it's a no brainier purchase. Just to list a quick few tricks in its repertoire, 1. The Single Shot - this pipe can lay in wait loaded and blast a very thick Single Monster Hit in 20 seconds put back in a drawer and left(Safely), or hidden loaded can deliver 3 hits in 60 seconds then put right back up safely with zero worries - it's lighting fast. Once its loaded and waiting its as fast as a J on the first 3 hits. I know of about 20+ things this unit can rock at but I wont list them all, I have owned electric units(The V-Tower(not Extreme), its nice but I gave it to a buddy) the VaporStar won't ever be leaving my side. I'm less finicky than most about the butane the pluses far outweigh that issue for me, for one I can clean it very easy(because of removing the rubber base) in under 5 minutes to like new, and light up with a totally fresh bowl and pipe, whips can get stale in a hurry and effect taste, when my VaporStar is totally clean its a green grass taste like new for the whole night.

SuperTorch,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Lots to say ... big claims ... first post . :uhoh:

Lots on here know a fair bit about vapes. You might want to introduce yourself coz you coming across like you have a vested interest in the vaporstar.

vaporcloud,

SuperTorch

I do come across that way sometimes, but I don't have a vested interest. Sorry if it seemed a little harsh, it just kills me on some comments(not on these boards but on another board someone was posting about how toxic the wood was) :rolleyes: . I just like these and want to point out its pluses that a lot of people don't take into account. This and the VaporGenie preform below par for the amount, I'm more of a big fan of the VaporStar because of the glass. I have no vested interest I just think it's a fun vaporizer with a ton of pluses.

SuperTorch,

max

Out to lunch
vaporcloud said:
Lots to say ... big claims ... first post . :uhoh:

Lots on here know a fair bit about vapes. You might want to introduce yourself coz you coming across like you have a vested interest in the vaporstar.
Yeah ST is a big Vaporstar fan.

SuperTorch said:
someone was posting about how toxic the wood was
:lol: Hell, I smoked from the same wood pipe for 20 yrs. I should be dead. Coat a wood bowl with a little honey before first use, and it creates a glaze in the bowl that hardens. My pipe, after break-in, didn't break down or burn at all in all that time.

I think you'll find we don't much tolerate myths and ghost tales around here ST. ;)

max,

SuperTorch

max said:

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/5650/vpmicropipewebphotofb5.th.jpg
MAX can you elaborate on why you like the Vaporstar more than the VaporGenie. I think a lot of buyers are impulse buyers and want the VG because they can get it in 3 days as opposed to 10 days for the VaporStar. I don't own a VG so I can't say I do know on rare occasions the bowl will separate from the main pipe, there is utterly nothing to break on the VaporStar and I think its worth a week extra wait and I just like the glass bong feel and watching the Vapors come to life. Not looking to get into a debate with any VaporGenie owners as I know it works well, just want MAX's in depth thoughts on why he like the VaporStar more since he's owned both(I think). Its vary rare for people to own both of these pipes I know I can't justify buying a VaporGenie since I own multiple VaporStars and love them, and it's usually the same for VaporGenie owners.

SuperTorch,

max

Out to lunch
I think the Genie is a better pocket vape. Not as much exposed hot metal after a hit. The Vaporstar isn't quite as quick to stow away, although it'll fit in a shirt pocket when attached to the little micro pipe (Mini Traveller bong). That aside, I like the flexibility of the Vaporstar. Works with a variety of glass. Tubing works too I hear. A piece with 3/8" inner diameter should fit just right.

I really haven't used either one enough for a critical comparison. I usually get by with 12V portability. For a good test I'll probably need a nice long power outage. :cool:

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
well....i'm glad to see that you like that petrol rubber smell :lol: :lol: :lol:.....maybe my papillas gustativa are more sensitive and i don't like to debate on personal tastes....my opinion is: vaporstar itself is a cheap portable vape that fit in every glassbong and tubing, this is good for 20 euro but do not compare it to a electric units with ceramic or stainless steel element...About the glassware they supply, probably they changed some dealers and your bongs are better than my indian tube.
I can send you that rubber feet to test the smell/taste and if you like it i'll gift you...i don't use it anymore :disgust: no joking!
I tried vaporstar twice with a food grade tubing and finally i test it without that awful smell.....better indeed but less than satisfactory for me.

I like to see that someone else likes what i dislike...we are free vapers!

welcome on board SuperTorch! and any tips on the vaporstar will be gold for example how to do to avoid burning? ;)

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
i'll buy a genie soon to do some comparision!
for the moment in my portable vapes chart Vapolution+bp rules!

marcuss,

SuperTorch

I grind my herb, because it vapes better and it allows you to have a controlled amount, I haven't scorch any in forever. The key is to not over load the bowl, if you put a BUD in it by nature its going to burn a lot more because Buds take up more room than ground weed, are never the same, and are closer to the top/heat exchanger, but even at that if your watching the glass it will tell you for the most part if your getting smoke all though Vapor and very light smoke can look the same at times so watching the glass is not 100% guarantee. I can vape 50 bowls with out scorching(grind it and don't overfill - about 9 draws per bowl is perfect). As far as the rubber it is what it is which is what 95% of head shops have in there inventory somewhere. The heat inside just isn't hot enough to have any effect, mine did smell like rubber but theres no comparison to the taste of the VaporStar(rubber or not) and smoking it in any fashion, the VaporStar taste much better. I really like to clean mine often, and one way I KEEP it clean is I take suranwrap and fold it so I have about 20 layers then I cut a circle a tad larger than a silver dollar(now I have 20 pieces of suranwrap that I can peel and use), I lay 2 layers over the rubber base and push the glass down in the base this is air tight blocking off the rubber base and keeps the base from never getting anything on it, and also(not for my reason, but you'd like it) it keep the pathway more fresh(no rubber smell) so if I clean my glass with 91% Alcohol, and I put a new suranwrap layer in each time, and clean my bowl with 91% alcohol(Absolutely doesn't hurt the wood, they use alcohol to restore wood thats been under water) and I put in a new steel screen(100 for $6.50 shipped on ebay) the the only thing left that isn't Like New would be the grommet where the bowl goes into the pipe, all in all it makes for very fresh taste with little effort(compared to trying to clean a whip). Every time I vaporize its like I'm starting with a Brand New Vaporizer. I do have this pipe on the way and I cant wait to try them.

http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/molmini.html?id=zR4hEI4t

Vapors condense(draws loose potency, just a tad) inside the glass and inside whips on electric units(thats the build up). With the VaporStar and a all glass pipe(like I bought below), you can sit it on a coffee cup warmer(at Walmarty for $2.50) and it will heat the glass up and when you take a draw hardly any will stick to the hot glass because its hotter than the vapors flowing in side it. Another plus the Vaporstar kinda has to itself, hardly any other vaporizers are(Condense Free) allowing you to maximize each hit. In a Volcano a lot of the actives condense and get stuck to the bag walls, this is not a huge deal but its kinda cool to get 99.99% of a hit as apposed to 95%.

OK you know what, I made this post too long. I'm going to get a pizza roll from Italia Express :ninja:

http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/jjgl30.html?id=zR4hEI4t

SuperTorch,
Top Bottom