• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporizing Tobacco (not e-cigs)

dr_no

IMG_20200907_131923.jpg

The black plastic adapter was made from a pencil cap cut to fit on both sides. The filter is a Mascotte 6mm active charcoal filter. The first try was with an OCB 7mm filter so i had to wrap some paper around the Mascotte filter so it would fit tightly into the adapter. That's the green stuff you see on the foto.

dr_no,

vazor

Hello! I quit smoking from time to time, but I still start again. To reduce the harm from smoking, I started looking for other ways to deliver nicotine. Asked a question in the Tetra P80 thread, I was sent to this thread. I read the whole topic and did not see that someone is using the Tetra P80 and TinyMight vaporizers that interest me. Does anyone use one of these vaporizers to vaporize tobacco? Is there enough heat to vaporize the nicotine? Is there a lot of exhaled vapor? How to taste? I want to take a good vaporizer once and not regret it. Can anyone suggest other suitable vaporizers? The topic is new for me, just starting to understand. Sorry, English is not my first language.

vazor,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hello! I quit smoking from time to time, but I still start again. To reduce the harm from smoking, I started looking for other ways to deliver nicotine. Asked a question in the Tetra P80 thread, I was sent to this thread. I read the whole topic and did not see that someone is using the Tetra P80 and TinyMight vaporizers that interest me. Does anyone use one of these vaporizers to vaporize tobacco? Is there enough heat to vaporize the nicotine? Is there a lot of exhaled vapor? How to taste? I want to take a good vaporizer once and not regret it. Can anyone suggest other suitable vaporizers? The topic is new for me, just starting to understand. Sorry, English is not my first language.

Since this thread is old, and those vapes are quite new, and not that easy to acquire yet, it makes sense you will not see them mentioned here... Personally I think there is absolutely no reason to get one of these vapes for tobacco, they are more expensive and difficult to acquire, while their features will be wasted without using with weed in my opinion... I think you are better going for a more basic vaporizer or one below if you want to use it exclusively for tobacco...

I would look into the flowermate cap for session use, just simple load, turn on, and take puffs like you lit a cig. There are more options like this, but this is a super portable one at a low price... Arizer vapes would also be good for similar usage but with better taste though a little less compact and portable they cost a little more... Can also look at the Fury2/Edge for a little more hybrid heating too. Then I would say the vivant vleafgo is the best all around and cheapest option for on-demand pure convection portable, they also have the Ambit... And the X-Max vapes are another solid budget option, though taste may not be as pure... But I think best of all would probably be a direct torch convection vape like StickyBricks or Dreamwood or PiRO though of course that won't be very on-the-go portable to use... Oh also maybe StemPod?? Would take a little more configuring than like a Tetra, but I don't know it's design makes more sense for tobacco use in my mind... Cheaper easier to get

vazor

I would look into the flowermate cap for session use, just simple load, turn on, and take puffs like you lit a cig. There are more options like this, but this is a super portable one at a low price... Arizer vapes would also be good for similar usage but with better taste though a little less compact and portable they cost a little more... Can also look at the Fury2/Edge for a little more hybrid heating too. Then I would say the vivant vleafgo is the best all around and cheapest option for on-demand pure convection portable, they also have the Ambit... And the X-Max vapes are another solid budget option, though taste may not be as pure... But I think best of all would probably be a direct torch convection vape like StickyBricks or Dreamwood or PiRO though of course that won't be very on-the-go portable to use... Oh also maybe StemPod?? Would take a little more configuring than like a Tetra, but I don't know it's design makes more sense for tobacco use in my mind... Cheaper easier to get
Thanks for the help in choosing! Price, availability and super portability don't matter. I am worried about the amount of vapor exhaled and the taste. It is also imperative that the puffs are like when smoking a cigarette, and not smoking a hookah. I want to take a good vaporizer once and not regret it. So, if I understand correctly, the best of the above, in your opinion, is the StemPod vaporizer? I watched the video on YouTube, don't you think that the herbal bowl will be small for smoking?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thanks for the help in choosing! Price, availability and super portability don't matter. I am worried about the amount of vapor exhaled and the taste. It is also imperative that the puffs are like when smoking a cigarette, and not smoking a hookah. I want to take a good vaporizer once and not regret it. So, if I understand correctly, the best of the above, in your opinion, is the StemPod vaporizer? I watched the video on YouTube, don't you think that the herbal bowl will be small for smoking?
I believe we get a member which is vaping tobacco only using a Firefly (don't know the version though...), it's @Xelatsok I think. Firefly is a full convection vaporizer so, if tobacco vaping works with the FF why not with the Tetra P80/TM...? Although he is vaping tobacco+VG/PG in order to smoothen the vapor and to get satisfying vapor production cause, yes, tobacco alone doesn't produce as much vapor and may be harsh, it's usually vaporized around 300-360 cause too harsh at higher temp.

Personnaly I would follow the @Shit Snacks advice about to get a cheaper dedicaced conduction (/hybrid) vaporizer... although the ones with fully adjustable t° may be better cause allow lower temp and conduction will give you more clouds. All tobaccos I bought was pretty harsh and too high nicotine levels I believe, I would gave up if I wasn't growing myself a fews tobaccoes a friend gave me and that's a mexico's strain which is very low nicotine level, low enough you don't need to throw it in water to remove excess nicotine! Taste is very, very much better than smoked tobacco, I didn't thought I could appreciate that but it is! On the top of that my homegrown tobacco give me smooth enough vapor I can use pretty similar temp than used with weed... so I mix tobacco+weed and, sometimes, I add a dab or two of reclaim. This is the vaping version of the european smoking joint style (weed+tobacco unlike American'guys pure weed joints!)!

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
If portability is not an issue, I'd suggest getting a Log vape. I use mine 90% of the day for vaping good old pipe shag, with about 15 drops (for about the amount of tobacco, you see in the tin on the pic there) of flavorless, nicotine free VG/PG e-liquid mixed in, as the baccy on its own doesn't produce much vapor to begin with. The VG/PG mix adds moisture to the baccy and helps extracting flavor and nicotine even at lower temps. It also reduces harshness.

Shit Snacks

The bowl size is actually adjustable, it literally uses the same stems as the tetra, so the bowls can be made the same sizes in 18mm male stems... The difference is the stem pod heater, you have a choice of whatever coil, to configure in wattage or temp control.

I understand a focus on flavor, not that I could appreciate a tobacco flavor at all, but I don't think that would be the reason to go with a tetra or tinymight for purely tobacco use... I just think the extra settings those devices offer, the power and control, that you are paying for along with the long wait and/or hassle, honestly it seem like they would be totally wasted for exclusive tobacco use... I'm sure they would work fine, but it really seems like a waste of the product imo

So that is why I stare you towards the more budget-friendly options that are a bit simpler and more readily acquireable... a log would be great, but I think you do want it to be portable, not a plug-in, if not super portable?

Session conduction or hybrid devices I think would be good for tobacco, but unfortunately most of them do not taste as pure, involving silicone or other insulation materials? some of the new ones are better than others, and they do break in well, again I don't know how that would be for tobacco vaping though, like it seems like any tobacco vaping is going to burn right through the flavor after the first hit or two anyway?? That's why you have people telling you to use liquid instead?

Farid

Since tobacco smoke/vapor is naturally harsh, many smokers tend to inhale mouth to lung.

Conduction vaporizers are more effective at this. Convection generally requires a longer draw to produce vapor, making mouth-to-lung inhale difficult.

Also since tobacco can be much stronger when vaped a small bowl is usually sufficient.

I had luck using Stokkbye Blends in a Dynavap M to quit smoking spliffs. Their Turkish blend was great in the M, so is the Amsterdam Shag. I've also tried pipe tobacco and dokha with pretty lousy results.

vazor

Since tobacco smoke/vapor is naturally harsh, many smokers tend to inhale mouth to lung.

Conduction vaporizers are more effective at this. Convection generally requires a longer draw to produce vapor, making mouth-to-lung inhale difficult.
You are speaking correctly. So vaporizers like Tetra P80 and TinyMight are not suitable? Better to choose from ceramic chamber conductive evaporators? Do I need a tobacco grender? If I go with a Brilliant Cut Grinder, which type of sanding should I choose: medium sander, fine grinding plate or coarse grinding plate?

vazor,

Shit Snacks

You are speaking correctly. So vaporizers like Tetra P80 and TinyMight are not suitable? Better to choose from ceramic chamber conductive evaporators? Do I need a tobacco grender? If I go with a Brilliant Cut Grinder, which type of sanding should I choose: medium sander, fine grinding plate or coarse grinding plate?

Yup that is what they said. And session conduction vapes tend to do best with a consistent fine grind, but medium works well too in the flowermate cap for example... And seems like a total waste to buy a BCG for tobacco use... I imagine it is much easier to grind tobacco than weed, so not necessary to pay more for such a fancy grinder!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: vazor

Farid

I don't grind, the shag or ribbon cut is already uniform enough. I also use something with a smaller bowl than most session vapes, since tobacco is so much stronger when vaped. Most of the session conduction capes I've used are also more difficult to clean, which is important when using tobacco.

On demand vapes are not great at recreating the continuous burning of a cigarette, but to be honest I think it's very difficult to recreate that experience with vaping. E-cigs seem like a better solution if this is a priority, since the potency can be reduced to match that of smoking. Maybe mixing tobacco with some inert herb, or using very low N tobacco could solve this.

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Hi! Thank you for mentioning me in the conversation !
I have BCG, if you vape “flake or coin cut” tobaccos, you should try to grind!
I grind flake cut tobacco with BCG fine plate.
Depends on what kind of vapes you use, if needs stirring like Sticky Brick, you should choose “fine plate”. But no needs stirring like tinymight or RBT Splinter/Milaana, you should choose medium plate of BCG.
I love BCG. I recommend this grinder!
:)

VapurrDo

I vaped tobacco in my dabuddha and it is good enough that I couldve made an habit of it (like smoking, too). you decide how brown it gets. I havent got into natural tobacco etc... took some from friends or from a pack of rolled cigarettes. Didnt try too much haha... it mixes nice with weed. The desirable effect is easily attained. A single bucket Id feel like smoking a cigarette.

VapurrDo,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi! Thank you for mentioning me in the conversation !
I have BCG, if you vape “flake or coin cut” tobaccos, you should try to grind!
I grind flake cut tobacco with BCG fine plate.
Depends on what kind of vapes you use, if needs stirring like Sticky Brick, you should choose “fine plate”. But no needs stirring like tinymight or RBT Splinter/Milaana, you should choose medium plate of BCG.
I love BCG. I recommend this grinder!
:)
Do you vape tobacco in the TinyMight? I can't imagine to do that myself since how hard the TM is hitting, even at low temp, with tobacco in the TM I will do a nicotine overdose in one hit!
And yes I think the vaporizers with simple ceramic conduction oven to be best suited for tobacco although some of them with temp settings only will not offer the low temp needed for tobacco, so one with fully adjustable T° is better.
Some tobaccos might be very tasty without any additives, just simple leaf, imo low nicotine tobacco is trully better for vaping and allows a larger T° range, most (all?) tobaccoes sold are so high nicotine level they need to soak it in water to remove excess of nicotine...

PPN,

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Do you vape tobacco in the TinyMight? I can't imagine to do that myself since how hard the TM is hitting, even at low temp, with tobacco in the TM I will do a nicotine overdose in one hit!
And yes I think the vaporizers with simple ceramic conduction oven to be best suited for tobacco although some of them with temp settings only will not offer the low temp needed for tobacco, so one with fully adjustable T° is better.
Some tobaccos might be very tasty without any additives, just simple leaf, imo low nicotine tobacco is trully better for vaping and allows a larger T° range, most (all?) tobaccoes sold are so high nicotine level they need to soak it in water to remove excess of nicotine...
Sorry for late reply!!

yes, I vape tobacco with TinyMight!
IMO, tm is grasshopper alternative. Hopper tobacco hit is also strong (like overdose).
tm is softer than hopper with tobacco vaping. But temp setting ranges are similar , but tm has cooling unit, I think tm is able to be more softer hit by CU.

Ahh, I understandable your opinion.

I think the vaporizers with simple ceramic conduction oven to be best suited for tobacco
In Japan , many people use Pax3 (without warranty, Pax lab says Japan is out of warranty region.)
I also have Pax3, and yes. Taste is really pure, then pax is super easy load unload herbs from chamber.
Ex-pipe smoker said “larger chamber, temp was full controllable , expensive but conduction is best”.
tobacco vaping is not need store abv, so 100% no need abv, Japan vapourists want to dispose abv on the stop. Currently My daily drivers are Dynavap (With IH) and Splinter v2. IMO, DynaVap is not suitable pipe tobacco. Splinter is suitable flavour extraction.

Personally, for reducing nicotine levels and not good at the flavours,
I use water tool. Yes, it’s soo similar sisha(hookers). :)

Sorry too long reply!

crackhead226

I think this information could be useful.

Ok so most people seem to have a hard time vaporizing tobacco. I did too at first but I found a way. You see most vaporizers are made for vaporizing marijuana. The boiling point for cannabinoids is much lower than the boiling point for nicotine and the other psychoactive alkaloids found in tobacco.

For example, the boiling point for THC is (155°C/311°F), while the boiling point for nicotine is (247°C/476°F). Most vaporizers have a maximum temperature of maybe (230°C /446°F). I.e., most vaporizers are not capable of extracting natural nicotine.
However, some vaporizers do have higher temperature settings. For example the maximum temperature of both the “Arizer Extreme Q” and the “VapeXhale Cloud” is (260°C/500°F)

I bought the “Arizer Extreme Q” for vaporizing tobacco and yes it works. With the EQ I use the max temperature with the whip. While inhaling the ground tobacco I turn the fan to 3 using the remote.
I’m also waiting for the DDave mod to the EQ that is supposedly going to produce thicker vapour by placing the tobacco closer to the heating element. I have tried this with both IQOS Heets and Marlboro Red cigarettes. The tobacco in the cigarettes seems to work much better for me.

By the way i think my described setup simulates smoking much better than the IQOS.

Last edited:

Marekk

Hello. Thanks all inolved in this thread. Incredible how unique it still is. I’ve question about choosing right vaporizer. Two years ago I bought DaVinci IQ1 for vaping tobacco. After some experimenting I got pretty good results, even without PG/VG. But (as many other IQs) it broke down after couple of months. I’ve tried Arizer Air 2 then. The taste seemed even better, but I couldn’t get enough vapor no matter what I did (grind, humidity etc.). In the meantime I started using snus which satisfies my nicotine needs but still wanna get some “smoke” from time to time. I’m hesitant to buy IQ2, cause it seems to be even less reliable than IQ1. Any idea which device could perform as good as IQ - most important are amount and temperature of the vapor. I was told that tobacco “behaves” a bit different than weed - that some devices that produce clouds with weed doesn’t do so with tobacco and vice versa. Some retailer recommended Flowermate V 5 Pro as the best option, but it has pretty short vapor path, so I’m afraid of hot vapor on higher temperature settings (I used 400 F most of the time). Also not sure about vapor production. Thanks for your suggestions.

Marekk,

KingMoonracer

Thanks all inolved in this thread. Incredible how unique it still is.
Hi Marekk, I agree, this thread is a treasure!
I vape tobacco in an MFLB, Splinter, and Arizer Solo. For me, the Arizer has the best clouds, and it seems like the higher the temp, the more clouds. 428 is as high as the Arizer Solo goes (at least the model I have access to.......think it is 2....), and the vapor is quite visible and consistent in my experience.
Good Luck!!

KingMoonracer,
Reactions: Piruz

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
noticed this a while back, that if you use a wpa or enail the cloud in the bong is not the cloud you exhale??? the bong can get so milky but when you breath out there is next to nothing there???? weird

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
noticed this a while back, that if you use a wpa or enail the cloud in the bong is not the cloud you exhale??? the bong can get so milky but when you breath out there is next to nothing there???? weird

Hi Bad Dog!
In my opinion, It often it happens with different types of tobacco.:tup:
Especially in the case of pipe tobacco, I get invisible vapour when I exhale. In the case of rolling tobacco, I feel much more of a nicotine hits and get visible clouds. ;)

I guess humidity has something to do with it, since the best condition for pipe tobacco is considered to be 65-70% humidity.
Rolling tobacco is drier than pipe tobacco.:cheers:

Cheers!:D

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
yes I do use aromatic pipe tobacco's. always thought the hit felt big but always wondered why it was so wispy. I'm not particularly worried about higher nicotine or clouds, what I get is satisfying enough feeling. :rockon:

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
yes I do use aromatic pipe tobacco's. always thought the hit felt big but always wondered why it was so wispy. I'm not particularly worried about higher nicotine or clouds, what I get is satisfying enough feeling. :rockon:
Oh, Yes I love aromatic pipe tobacco too. Midium strength is my favourite. :)
My experience, dried tobacco provides cloud than humidified tobacco.
💞

Piruz

Wow! What an amazing thread!

But so confusing also. There seems to be two opposing sides on every front (from tobacco is vapable vs not vapable to use VG/PG Vs don't use it and pipe tobacco is yhe way vs rolling tobacco is much better for vaping).

I was two thoughts away from ordering a DynaVap to vape some tobacco but now I'm super confused and don't want to walk down a road where I end spending hundreds of pounds on a wide range of devices that might not work.

Last edited:
Piruz,
Reactions: Bad Dog
Top Bottom