Vaporizing just isn't my sorta thing? give me ur opinion, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
So I started smoking about 3 years ago and began vaping about a year and a half afterward. My first vape was the Vapor genie but even ripping that thing did not satisfy my high.. I always went to smoking if I wanted to get very medicated.

About 6 months later I bought a launchbox. I used that thing often and found that it launched me into space.

Over the years, my tolerance has built up pretty good. Just recently, I smoked a blunt to myself along with my buddies who had their own personal blunts as well.. but the thing is, the next day I hit my Purple days with only 2 stems and got way higher then the blunt got me.

The vape high is an odd thing.. If you let your body get used to vaping exclusively, I promise you'll get trucked. :ko:

HighSti,

lwien

masbanji92 said:
....if you have an acurate digital vape try going to 428F where you will get all the good effects of a combustion high(even though it tastes gross), minus the effects created by burnt generic plant matter.

"Significant amounts of benzene began to appear at temperatures of 200 C. (392 F)..."
--- http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html

For me, the good taste of the herb begins to disappear at just above 395f and it's there where the toxic taste of smoke begins to take it's place.

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have a Vapor Warez and a Magic Flight Launch Box. I can really tell a difference in the high between those two vaporizers. The Magic Flight high is much closer to a combustion high for me than when I use the Vapor Warez. Maybe if you used a different kind of vaporizer, you would like it better. :2c:

Vicki,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
if you need couchlock, and you need it NOW, and in a huge lung buster way, then you need ear wax, and/or budder!!! :brow:

in one or two dabs you will get exactly what you want! :o :ko: ;) :peace:

notmyrealUSERname,

Greenscreen

Firstly thanks everyone for replying and helping me towards making my first half decent thread lol! i really thought i would get hounded for posting in the wrong place or writing a load of high bollocks lol so thanks for that...

i will try hooking my ROOR up to the Q at some point, I only have one 'glass elbow' at the moment so its proving difficult, i look forward to giving it a proper go

fidget said:
Stick with it Griff - I'm a fellow UK vapist and am 1 year totally combustion free on Friday!
I can safely say I'll never combust again.

Congrats on being free of the nasty chemicals for a whole year i'm impressed, so say your having a big blaze up with friends you won't smoke a pure weed joint or bong now when with friends? your that happy with vaporizing?

lwien said:
Like those that I have already relied, stick with vaping for a bit. Give your body and mind a time to adjust. While it's true that vaping is not for everyone, it is definitely worth the effort to find out if it is worth it to you..

Thanks mate, i think your right about giving it time, its just sometimes i panic myself and think its my tolerance doing it to me, like i'll smoke 3 bags of vape from like .4 of herb at 190-220 and then think i'm not high, cus im missing that certain something, like its such a clear head high i don't even know i'm high lol where as the type of high i'm used to is the 'oh my god im so fucking high im gonna die' feeling lol

Beezleb said:
A discussion where people discuss that aspect of their vapist time line could be very helpful along with current perspectives and issues with people switching that are having issues. I second the sticky hehe. Which I think will be pretty much by being used often. The name of the thread says it all.

lol this is exactly the sorta thing i was trying to start but just couldn't accumulate the proper words, unlike you who has got it bang on with that post... thats why i said i tried to use the search tool but i just didn't know what i was searching for lol! i'm pleased i started the thread i'm not normally a 'forum' type of person i'll read them but normally can't be bothered to post cus i worry what others will write back think of me in that sense lol / i don't know how to put myself across on this sort of thing

stinkmeaner said:
A couple simple things that have worked for people in the past.

1) If you can manage, try taking a week or two break from any Cannabis consumption, it's what we call a "T Break" and it will should lower your tolerance to the point where it would be you never stopped smoking.

2) Crank your Extreme all the way up, pack the ELBOW instead of the Cyclone Bowl, then hook the Extreme to your Roor by the whip. This will provide that lung hammering, shotgun effect that you get from clearing a milked bong.

3) Hold your hits in longer than you would if smoking. They say that vapor absorbs slower than smoke so it takes longer for it to take effect, so doubling that period should have a positive effect.

Good advice, but i'm not the sort of person who could handle a break really, i'm heavily involved / in love lol.. I am already packing the whip elbow so i doubt its that, but i will try holding my hits in longer and hopefully when i've hooked it up to the ROOR it will give the desired effects lol, thanks.

notmyrealUSERname said:
if you need couchlock, and you need it NOW, and in a huge lung buster way, then you need ear wax, and/or budder!!! :brow:

in one or two dabs you will get exactly what you want! :o :ko: ;) :peace:

ha ha i wish mate, over here in the UK inflation is a huge problem for herb, with most skunks and top weeds going at 10 for a g, one can't afford to smoke the best chronics all the time, instead i find myself smoking typical badly grown english home grown that has been chopped down to early (2nd swirl cutting) and then not cured or dried properly so it comes slightly damp, however at 150 an ounce its the best thing for me on a price : weed quality ratio!

Thanks for all the replies though people, i'm pleased to of started a half decent thread lol... thing is i came on here really cus i read on here (not just from these posts but all over the forum) how in love with vaporizing you are and how much u hate combusting and for me it just seems mental... like although i do get high of a vape and mine is fully functioning it sometimes just feels as if i'm not getting high and then i worry about my tolerance being to big for this vape thing... i donno in basic terms what i'm saying is you lot seem to love it so much and seem to proclaim how it gets u so high and saves ur herb and i just haven't found any of that yet and was beginning to lose faith i suppose... now i know its just gonna take time!

Greenscreen,

the_germinator

My experience so far: Smoked tobacco for about last 3 years (cigs) and heavy MJ use about same duration. I am in my 30's. Bought Volcano 10/10 without ever having used a vape. Been vaping daily, quit tobacco 2 weeks ago cold turkey and havent combusted MJ since my first vape 3 months ago. I find myself turning down offers to smoke all of the time yuck! :uhoh: ... none of my friends vape, and I am trying to convert them. My Lungs are so much better, and with the ease of using ABV to cook with, vaping cannot be beat IMO.

the_germinator,

gfish15

Aight Grif. i have been a heavy smoker/vaper, and all around cannabis enthusiast for around three years. I started smoking at the age of 17 and quit for 5 months. I went to a friends house and his mother had a vaporizer so we tried it out, and i got higher than i have ever gotten in my life. The next day i bought one, and fell in love, but all of my friends at the time smoked and didnt really know what a vape was. So i started smoking again too. we compromised a bit and they have learned to fall in love with the vape. But we still smoke alot as well. I love vapor if i want to try my weed out i take it home put it in my Iolite. when i want to start my day off i put down 3-4 bags in my Vtower q, when im in the road i take my Iolite. I just love cannabis, the smoke, the vapor, the smell, the texture, the taste the high everything.

gfish15,

Greenscreen

to the germinator - what is cooking through ABV? i am dabbling in cooking at the moment, something i'd never see myself doing as i wasn't health concious until i stopped the tobacco and have noticed the difference in my lungs and general consensus (last word probably not the one im looking for but forgive me, im high!)

gfish15 said:
Aight Grif. i have been a heavy smoker/vaper, and all around cannabis enthusiast for around three years. I started smoking at the age of 17 and quit for 5 months. I went to a friends house and his mother had a vaporizer so we tried it out, and i got higher than i have ever gotten in my life. The next day i bought one, and fell in love, but all of my friends at the time smoked and didnt really know what a vape was. So i started smoking again too. we compromised a bit and they have learned to fall in love with the vape. But we still smoke alot as well. I love vapor if i want to try my weed out i take it home put it in my Iolite. when i want to start my day off i put down 3-4 bags in my Vtower q, when im in the road i take my Iolite. I just love cannabis, the smoke, the vapor, the smell, the texture, the taste the high everything.

very interesting very much like me, am 19 probably started smoking 3-4 years ago, i am enjoying the vaporizing and its growing on me (more so then when i wrote the last bit i wrote on here) but i still feel that i won't leave combustion behind like some on here, just cus lets be honest u can't beat a bit a bong mix!!

Greenscreen,

Gunky

There probably are people who simply prefer combustion but IMO the vast majority of folks still combusting, given the right sort of introduction, would enjoy flavor and health benefits (not to mention cleanliness - all that tar and ash!) and come to prefer vaping. This is not to put down anyone practicing combustion. That would be quite hypocritical from someone who combusted for many years.

Gunky,

the_germinator

to the germinator - what is cooking through ABV? i am dabbling in cooking at the moment, something i'd never see myself doing as i wasn't health concious until i stopped the tobacco and have noticed the difference in my lungs and general consensus (last word probably not the one im looking for but forgive me, im high!)

There are many posts regarding cooking with ABV on this site, as well as lots of people who make about every MJ product you can think of. I have found on here, most topics are covered at least once, just read as much as possible. You will probably find your answer and learn even more in the process =)

the_germinator,

the_germinator

Been 20 years since my first time with the herb. By the way, I am still fighting the urge to smoke cigs- fortunately I started in my 30's and quit after 3 years, so I think I will be ok. As far as the MJ I know some long time smokers still like doing their thing, and I will smoke if I have to, but I would rather not. Besides being easily portable, I cant think of any reason I would want to smoke, and with the MFLB (dont have 1... yet) that pretty much eliminates any need to combust. IMO...This is from my perspective ) I know how some of you guys get haha..sorry, this post was supposed to be an edit not a new reply...see previous sentence

the_germinator,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
making oil or butter with ABV is the best thing since sliced bread! just another great reason to vape...all them leftovers will knock your socks off and give you the couch lock you are looking for. and if I ever run low on buds, I can make a batch of brownies and im medicated for the next 2 weeks off <20g's of ABV!!

JDSupreme,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Lol! I think vaping is the gift that keeps on giving. I make tincture with my ABV and from cleaning resin. Turn tincture into hard candy which people go wild over. When I tell them it's from leftovers, they freak!

Check out the cooking section. There are oodles of things you can do with ABV and some are really easy too.

@ Germinator! If you get to a point where you're ready to cave and go back to cigs look into e cigarettes. Has helped many folks including some of us here. I gave up my 25+ year habit and in 2nd year. Couldn't pay me to smoke now :)

Lo,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Another UK blazer here raised on tobacco-mixed spliffs (but not a cigarette smoker): When I first started vaping nearly a year ago I also found the high to be different at first, not that it wasn't as 'strong', but certainly missing something. Since then I've grown to love my vapes and the high they produce (I'd recommend the Silver Surfer if you're looking to get totally bongoed, it hits the closest to a bong of any vape I've tried thus far) and especially their portability-potential, for example being able to take and hit my Magic Flight in clubs, lectures, even on the bus which you could never really do with smoke.

I still combust fairly regularly, although it depends on the company and the way I'm feeling (hangovers definitely require big fat zoots). With friends who all combust frequently you'll inevitably end up still smoking, and even though they'll probably fall in love with your vape as mine have, taking turns sucking on a tube doesn't seem as social as passing round a joint somehow.

Also I'm a spliff-rolling-perfectionist, and as much as I love the sheer beauty of the glass on the SSV, or the perfect simplicity of the MFLB, I still love rolling joints! They're your own little creations and can say so much about you I think.

As time goes on you'll love and appreciate your vape more and more, especially as you get better at hitting it and discover what your preferences are. Often in fact, even though I think I may want a smoke more, I find that if I vaporise you get higher, for longer, and having used less bud.

I feel your pain about the ridiculous prices over here too, I regularly shell out around 250 for primo-chronic as anything else just doesn't cut it anymore.

Anyway, welcome to the healthy side of our favourite little plant and spread the good word to a very-vape-ignorant UK!

wilf789,

Greenscreen

the_germinator said:

There are many posts regarding cooking with ABV on this site, as well as lots of people who make about every MJ product you can think of. I have found on here, most topics are covered at least once, just read as much as possible. You will probably find your answer and learn even more in the process =)

Interesting will have more of a look around, but i meant what did ABV stand for and just didn't make myself clear lol, but i've figured it out now thanks to some other posts... i did experiment making a hot chocolate up with ABV already 7g to myself in one hot chocolate got me the most stoned i've been in years!

JDSupreme said:
making oil or butter with ABV is the best thing since sliced bread! just another great reason to vape...all them leftovers will knock your socks off and give you the couch lock you are looking for. and if I ever run low on buds, I can make a batch of brownies and im medicated for the next 2 weeks off <20g's of ABV!!

you lot are starting to turn me on this vaporizing lark lol, i havent combusted in 3 days even though i've been with friends having a blaze and their all smoking, which is very unlike me! i'm nearly off the nicotine gum when at work and cigarettes seem disgusting to me now, rather then appealing!!

wilf789 said:
Another UK blazer here raised on tobacco-mixed spliffs (but not a cigarette smoker): When I first started vaping nearly a year ago I also found the high to be different at first, not that it wasn't as 'strong', but certainly missing something. Since then I've grown to love my vapes and the high they produce (I'd recommend the Silver Surfer if you're looking to get totally bongoed, it hits the closest to a bong of any vape I've tried thus far) and especially their portability-potential, for example being able to take and hit my Magic Flight in clubs, lectures, even on the bus which you could never really do with smoke.

I still combust fairly regularly, although it depends on the company and the way I'm feeling (hangovers definitely require big fat zoots). With friends who all combust frequently you'll inevitably end up still smoking, and even though they'll probably fall in love with your vape as mine have, taking turns sucking on a tube doesn't seem as social as passing round a joint somehow.

Also I'm a spliff-rolling-perfectionist, and as much as I love the sheer beauty of the glass on the SSV, or the perfect simplicity of the MFLB, I still love rolling joints! They're your own little creations and can say so much about you I think.

As time goes on you'll love and appreciate your vape more and more, especially as you get better at hitting it and discover what your preferences are. Often in fact, even though I think I may want a smoke more, I find that if I vaporise you get higher, for longer, and having used less bud.

I feel your pain about the ridiculous prices over here too, I regularly shell out around 250 for primo-chronic as anything else just doesn't cut it anymore.

Anyway, welcome to the healthy side of our favourite little plant and spread the good word to a very-vape-ignorant UK!

Good to hear someone in the UK has seen the light, we're ridiculously ignorant to it here. I became addicted to cigarettes because of smoking copious amounts of dope and have been cigarette free since NYE and combustion free for a couple of days.

Since using herb pure for a consistent amount of time i've realized what a horrific thing tobacco is and how we as english are stupidly ignorant to the point for it to be normal to mix the two..

i donno its kinda hard to explain about the realizations i've found in the last few days and experienced, but i know one thing and thats that i feel purer then i have in a long time, and don't feel like the 'dirty stoner' i felt like before.

its hard to explain but i don't feel like i'm doing anything wrong by vaping, where as bonging and smoking i did, but i think that was just because of the tobacco, i think a lot of the time i thought a lot of the way i was feeling was down to the weed smoking when realistically the nicotine was affecting me more then anything...

I have really seen the light to how harmless weed is, as in the sense that before i always thought it was reasonably harmless, but the things i found bad about it were found in the nicotine and the other 'nasty chemicals' found when combusting (Not that i knew that until now)

and finally - the prices in this country are ridiculous, i cant believe you pay 250, i've gone to 225 myself before but that was really really pushing it - beyond a joke now - it fucks me off how no one has a clue when it comes to herb in england!

Greenscreen,

the_germinator

I have really seen the light to how harmless weed is, as in the sense that before i always thought it was reasonably harmless, but the things i found bad about it were found in the nicotine and the other 'nasty chemicals' found when combusting (Not that i knew that until now)

i think most people here would say, it isnt totally harmless. that is, vaping probably isnt as healthy as not vaping at all. However, if you are gonna partake, it is best to use the cleanest, healthiest method you have access to. I too feel a much cleaner stone, and it is nice not to have to smell left over roaches and vaping also keeps your clothes etc from smelling really bad etc after smoking...

the_germinator,

Greenscreen

the_germinator said:

i think most people here would say, it isnt totally harmless. that is, vaping probably isnt as healthy as not vaping at all. However, if you are gonna partake, it is best to use the cleanest, healthiest method you have access to. I too feel a much cleaner stone, and it is nice not to have to smell left over roaches and vaping also keeps your clothes etc from smelling really bad etc after smoking...

good point mate, i meant totally harmless for me personally, obviously it has its dangers and everyone is different.. i shouldnt of said it isn't dangerous, i just feel it isn't really doing me great harm when using a vaporizer and it was the nicotine and other stuff that was doing the harm

Greenscreen,

the_germinator

No problem... I was so interested in vaping I spent a lot and bought a volcano. Then I found this site soon after. I am not much of a forum person, but am onlline a lot. I had done research on the volcano, but not vaping in general. I didnt realize exactly what the benefits were and that vaping is a whole seperate ballgame in itself. I was just wantin to get ripped, and the bong was wearing out my lungs and throat. YAY FOR THE INTERNET! I would still be hitting the bong and having lungs and throat that felt like shit, if I hadnt been able to research it online. I am looking forward to more vapes and having a use for each one. I believe I can reach any result I want, using any method (cooking or using a different vape), and only smoke as a last resort.my friends tell me I am the most high tech stoner (cool factor of volcano was a factor in purchase...if only they saw this site..I am in the stoneage...no pun intended;) they know. Will be buying next one soon.....looking forward to many more vape sessions!!

the_germinator,

nr-cole

I still smoke occasionally. The experience IS different. No matter how much you vape, you'll never fully replicate the way you feel when you smoke. Personally I miss that feeling a little bit so every couple weeks I'll smoke a bowl. The way I see it I smoke like 1/10th of what I used to so it's not a big deal.

nr-cole,

vapirtoo

I've turned many people onto vaping. Most
have enjoyed it, some have embraced it and
others have tried it and did not like it at all.
One daily stoner told me that the vape high
was too intense!?
Nicotine addiction is absolutely no joke, so
I would follow the vapenstein's and mom's
advice and continue to vape your mix at
varying temps.
Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

vapirtoo,

Greenscreen

the_germinator said:
I am not much of a forum person, but am onlline a lot. I had done research on the volcano, but not vaping in general. I didnt realize exactly what the benefits were and that vaping is a whole seperate ballgame in itself. I was just wantin to get ripped, and the bong was wearing out my lungs and throat. YAY FOR THE INTERNET! I would still be hitting the bong and having lungs and throat that felt like shit, if I hadnt been able to research it online. I am looking forward to more vapes and having a use for each one. I believe I can reach any result I want, using any method (cooking or using a different vape), and only smoke as a last resort!

i would still be ignorant to if it weren't for the internet and researching about vaping in general, exactly the same as you.

i am starting to turn and believe what you say about using any method apart from smoking to get where you want and seem to be smoking less and less (i've definitely changed a lot though as i used to put at least an 8th a day through my ROOR and be happy smoking now i feel bad putting .3 chronic into my ROOR lol - so yeh u werent only one who was brainwashed lol)

nr-cole said:
I still smoke occasionally. The experience IS different. No matter how much you vape, you'll never fully replicate the way you feel when you smoke..

very true also, for me i have gone from a total out and out bong head whilst smoking 5 fags a night if working and smoking mixed joints (i was loving all of that) to giving up and only hitting the vape and smoking as little pure weed as possible (maybe 1.7g a week but thats absolute max)

at first it seemed to me that my high was missing something, and seemed as if vaping would never really cut it, but the longer i've been away from the nicotine the more the high on vaping has grown on me.

the highs are not the same but the high of the vape is ever growing on me and is seeming like its beginning to cut it more and more as i get further and further away from smoking cigarettes and combusting in general, not sure i'd be able to leave it behind though, much like you.

i wouldn't say combusting is less appealing then it was, cus i still want to smoke it how i did in some ways, but i would say vapour is becoming more and more appealing and the health idea of it makes me want to smoke less sorta thing!

but i'm definitely changing thats for sure lol

Greenscreen,

AMTA

I didn't personally find there to be a curve when converting from smoking to vaporizing. The first time I ripped my Buddha, I loved it. I guess the biggest factor for me though is the efficiency aspect of it. I don't have a lot of money to throw around right now. I am essentially getting three uses out of my weed when I vaporize. I get high from the vapor, then I can make edibles with the duff, and then I can scrape the wand and get high off of that. In fact, I had to go back to smoking while I waited for my set of screens to arrive in the mail. It seemed like such a waste. Sure I got high, but there's no duff and no wand hash.

Also, I just want to say that vape bonging is awesome.

AMTA,

Qbit

cannabanana
By the way, it doesn't seem like anyone in this thread has mentioned drying your weed. This is something you should do before vaping. Weed for smoking should have a moisture content of about 15%, but for vaping it should be drier - as in crispy. So pre-dry your vaping weed on a warm (but not hot) appliance like your TV for a few hours, otherwise half the job your vape will do will be evaporating the water, which will give you thin, low potency vapour.

Qbit,

djonkoman

why would you need to dry first if the vape does it for you?
I've even vaped fresh weed right of the plant during trimming(in my VG), wich got me really high(nice headhigh too), only downside is that you can only pack small bowls(if you put it full wet material it shrinks a lot)
first you have to take some hits wich is just the water, these hits are very tasty and feel nice comfortably moist to the throat
then if it's dry enough maybe grind it a bit more/stir, and then it's ready to be really vaped(but with less flavour now since you've already vaped that, but in the form of those moist hits it's much tastier anyway)

you just have to take 1-a few tastehits first, then it doesn't matter if it's a bit moist

djonkoman,

Qbit

cannabanana
djonkoman said:
why would you need to dry first if the vape does it for you?
I've even vaped fresh weed right of the plant during trimming(in my VG), wich got me really high(nice headhigh too), only downside is that you can only pack small bowls(if you put it full wet material it shrinks a lot)
first you have to take some hits wich is just the water, these hits are very tasty and feel nice comfortably moist to the throat
then if it's dry enough maybe grind it a bit more/stir, and then it's ready to be really vaped(but with less flavour now since you've already vaped that, but in the form of those moist hits it's much tastier anyway)

you just have to take 1-a few tastehits first, then it doesn't matter if it's a bit moist

Oh sure, it'll work, but you'll just have to toke for longer to get all the goodies. I guess if you like vaping fresh weed, then all power to you, but for someone trying to wean themselves of smoking I'd recommend dried weed for the fuller hits.

Qbit,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom