• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie

Spacenstein

http://www.vaporgenie.com/Glass-VG/Glass-Bat-VG/flypageog3.tpl.html
parts.JPG

Spacenstein,

THTF

I wonder how tight the metal stays to the glass. It would suck if it fell right off. Otherwise, this looks awesome for using with a bong, just jam that bitch into the bowl. Its longer and skinnier than the other bats, so it would be interesting if someone who has one of the other bats could comment on the form factor. I can't wait to see someone review this, this looks really cool.

THTF,

VappyWorld

Vape Expert
Retailer
stickstones said:
marcuss said:
I feel this kind of vape too close to combustion...i don't like to deal with flames when i vape!
this is my 2 ? cents....
This unit may change your mind. I like it for several reasons. It is portable and it still works really well. The truth is I get thicker hits with the VaporGenie than with my Extreme. True that I don't know how much of the vapor is composed of smoke. I'm sure this unit teeters back and forth between being vapor and smoke. But there is no doubt it gets you high as shit. I'm using it tonight at home when I could be using my Extreme, which brings me to my next point...

...it satisfies whatever that is inside of me that wants to go through the motions of smoking. You know how cigarette smokers who quit sometimes find comfort in holding a pen or putting a pen in their mouth? The VaporGenie does that for me. There was something relaxing about sitting down with a nice blunt or packed pipe. I just don't get that from a vaporizer bag. I can rebuild it in the whip and someday maybe that will be what is comforting (but it is not portable). But for now that thing is the VaporGenie and it helps make the transition from smoke to vapor.

Well said... I have passed on my Volcano on several occasion to hit my Genie instead. This thing gives off a huge cloud and taste great! I say forget using the lighter, use a hemp wick for a cleaner taste!

VappyWorld,
OMG this thing works like a fucking charm! I can get just as good of hits out of it as I can with my Da Buddha. I am so glad that I went out and bought this. I was using the MFLB when out and about and it just doesn't do it for me(doesn't get me to where I want to be), even with the 2700 batteries. I can just really get it as hot as my liking with this genie. I'm glad too because I was going to buy the vaporsmoke and I just couldn't spend the extra amount and I felt as if I would be the one adjusting how hot it is. Because the vaporsmoke pretty almost has a direct flame right on the herbs. Where as the genie is hovered above and you can really adjust it with draw speed and flame height.

VapeNStone,

SD_haze

Wow I can't say I'm anything short of impressed by how quick new vaporgenies are coming out.
This glass bat looks awesome for $65.

I can't really figure it 100% out, the flame intake hole is on the side, not the end?

The big problem with the other bats is its very tricky to hit it right because of the location of the flame intake hole.

$65 glass with a side hole sounds almost too good to be true!

SD_haze,

chucku

Charles Urbane
SD,

The hole on the side is for filling/emptying. It still must be lit at the end.

chucku,

Bipola

Hey all, I've been reading some threads here over the past week or so since I ordered a VaporGenie. Seems like a cool forum, everyone seems pretty chilled here. :)

Just got my Vaporgenie (classic) in the mail today, so stoked! I won't be able to try it till next week as I'm not at my usual place atm but really looking forward to it as I've never used a vaporizer before. Hopefully the learning curve won't be that much of a problem considering how much I've read about it, but we'll see I guess.

I have a couple of not-too-urgent questions that probably don't even have definitive answers but if anyone could help me out that'd be cool...

Been reading a bit about regular bic lighters and flint dust, is this really much of a problem? At first I was pretty worried about it and thought I'd definitely have to get an electronic ignition lighter, but they're surprisingly hard to find (I tried at a service station this morning but they only sold regular bics) and not sure if it's really worth ordering online when it's just a lighter..
I smoke very little nowadays so not sure if it's worth going out of my way to get a different type of lighter as I've read lots of comments from people who used regular bics with no consequences, and the only thing I can find about the danger of flint dust is actually on the VG site! If I was in the US I would probably order a hemp wick off their site but I'm in Australia so it's definitely not worth it (I ordered my VG from a local place that stocks them)

Also wondering if it might be a good idea to 'practise' getting the vaping technique down with some other herbs, like fresh mint or something, or would this have a noticable effect on the taste when I use it properly later? Or I guess the mint or whatever might vaporize and/or combust at a totally different rate than weed would so maybe there'd be no point.

I mainly ask because my tolerance is extremely low, I never smoke more than one small cone/bowl at a time because I'm extremely sensitive to it (after giving up for a couple of years and starting again last year) so the whole "can take up to 10 bowls to get the technique down" thing might be problematic for me as smoking more than a little bit at a time generally has a detrimental effect and last time I smoked too much I had a panic attack and thought I was gonna die haha (only time that's happened though), so if I fuck up the first bowl I won't really be keen to pack another straight away and don't wanna end up spending weeks before I get a good vapor hit haha. From what I've read the main things are to make sure not to touch the ceramic filter with the flame, adjust how fast or slow you breathe in to affect the temperature, and only pull the lighter in a little bit (this shouldn't be a problem as the top piece is much deeper than I thought it was from seeing it on the internet so I can't see myself touching the filter with the flame)

Anyway just thought I'd post those couple of questions but hopefully I'll be lucky and won't encounter too much difficulty in getting the technique down, though it's probably not as simple as it seems on paper.

Bipola,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I would say go to your local cigar, or smoke shop and see if they have an electric lighter. I find them to be a bit more efficient vs flint. Plus, as other may suggest here a refillable lighter is a better option as it could save you money in the long run.

lesvape,

natural farmer

Hi guys, I am using a hand-carved genie for a couple of weeks now and I really enjoy it! I also have a launch box but it doesn't take me there as fast as I would like. The genie does so. So thanks a lot to all of you for the reviews and the notes on the genie.
I took the advice of the company and ordered a good soft flame lighter from Lotus (the 22). I am using a Bic until the 22 arrives and I have noticed that the taste of the gas is very strong when even a slight breeze passes by the flame and it flickers. When inside and the flame is stable the taste of gas is very faint. I hope the Lotus will burn a little better or else I'll go with an 'el chipo' torch one and be very careful. :)
Do you think the better quality Lotus will burn a bit better?

natural farmer,

djonkoman

around here every places that has lighters, also has electric lighters
personally I prefer a torch lighter tough, the very rare moment that I use a regular flame now I always combust it....

it indeed takes a while to get the technique down even if you've read plenty about it, isn't too bad tough since even when you haven't got it perfect yet you still get high, it will just take a little longer or you'll have some combustion(with regular flame I still rarely had some combustion even after a few weeks or months, but with torch practically never)
you could practice vwoth other herbs but I think other herbs will vape different(there can already be difference between different strains or batches of weed)

djonkoman,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
another thing you can do if you only have lighters that use flint, is to have a candle handy (don't use the candle on your vape, got all kinds of soot and the likes from the wax). Light the candle before you start your vape session, and use it to ignite the gas on your flint based lighter. That way you can avoid any flint dust ending up in your VG. Only reason I choose this option over getting an electric ignition lighter, is I enjoy the flame size that comes with your typical bic lighter. IME the electric lighter's flames tend to be on the small side.

DevoTheStrange,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Well there is also the electric BIC lighters, that are fairly nice to use. But, I think in the long run and cost wise, I think a nicer quality lighter, like a piezo refillable lighters will save you some cost in the long run. I personally have a Vector flame(only kind that works with the VG bat) and a compact electric refillable BIC as a backup lighter, and has worked well for me for 4-5 months now(longer for the BIC).

lesvape,
You can use a conventional flint lighter if you simply light it far away from yourself and the VG, then bring it in to where you need it once the flint dust has been burnt up. This is how anyone combusting or smoking cigarettes should be using them too, as from what I understand the flint dust is far more toxic than anything else from the lighter, and likely whatever you're smoking. When I flic a bic, it's at arm's length.

Torch lighters also work great with the glass VG, but the wood VG would require great care not to burn the wood.

charliedontsurf,

crawdad

floatin
@Bipola, ya it takes a while to get really good at it but the general idea is simple and its not hard to get a good draw even on the first time, go slow and easy and keep the flame on it only in short amounts at first. for me id say it took a good few months before i was truly a pro at it...then i switched from bic candle flame to a torch, and the learning nearly started over. :lol: i can now either combust a bowl immediately or hit a single bowl 8+ times leaving it barely brown, just depends on what you are after.

you will find the sweet spots and as the filter clogs a bit they will change and you will with it, enjoy.

crawdad,

shpibrazz

Shpeening schpitz
So guys, i'm waiting for my VG as it was shipped out few days ago...meanwhile i was reading this thread post after post and i got to post #950...:)

So useful information, and so many people eager to help...thank you!

I just wanted to ask one thing, since i didn't found that exact information so far.

If i want to take the first hit from VG (starting session, so it's cold VG), using piezo ignition lighter...approximately how many seconds should i keep the lighter above bowl to get it warm enough?

And when taking 2nd and 3rd hit how many seconds should i keep the lighter above bowl when it's already hot so i don't get combustion? :rolleyes:

Hope i asked it right...my english-ellementary :ninja:

shpibrazz,

THTF

Just keep holding it over and sucking in until it gets nice and warm. You should be able to feel it start to come in. With a bit of practice you'll get the hang of it.

THTF,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
3-5 seconds is good for heating up filter. Then catch your breath and just inhale the tip of the flame into the bowl. If the vapor feels HOT, inhale faster and pull the flame away a bit till your lungs are full. I like using the VG to get close to combustion/blue vapor. ABV is dark brown, a few shades from black.

pinoy,

djonkoman

charliedontsurf said:
You can use a conventional flint lighter if you simply light it far away from yourself and the VG, then bring it in to where you need it once the flint dust has been burnt up. This is how anyone combusting or smoking cigarettes should be using them too, as from what I understand the flint dust is far more toxic than anything else from the lighter, and likely whatever you're smoking. When I flic a bic, it's at arm's length.

Torch lighters also work great with the glass VG, but the wood VG would require great care not to burn the wood.
I use a torch with the handcarved, and indeed the woodenpart directly next to the metal hole is burned
but that's also because I don't have depth perception, I never look with both eyes at the same time(no lazy eye tough)
and once a pretty inebriated friend burned it...(2 hits and he was laying on the ground laughing/giggling like a little girl)
but most os from myself

djonkoman,
I rediscovered my hand carved vapor genie a couple of weeks ago, and it really is great!
Easy to use, inexpensive, stealthy portable. It hits pretty good and I rarely combust.

I use a ronson comet refillable lighter. It has a soft flame and works well, until you get into wind that is.

There is a slight woody taste to it, and I assume that it would be less noticeable over time.
Although it doesn't bother me, as I barely notice it.

tj024,

shpibrazz

Shpeening schpitz
pinoy said:
3-5 seconds is good for heating up filter.

By that you mean keeping the flame above the bowl and sucking...like regular VG using, or does heating up the filter requires different technique?:D

Sorry, you confused me when you said to first heat up the filter, and then to catch my breath and start sucking... :rolleyes:

shpibrazz,

natural farmer

Has anyone noticed that the new Hand-carved VG's have wider mouthpieces? You can suck a lot better than from the narrow hole mouthpieces!

natural farmer,

Rin101

shpibrazz said:
pinoy said:
3-5 seconds is good for heating up filter.

By that you mean keeping the flame above the bowl and sucking...like regular VG using, or does heating up the filter requires different technique?:D

Sorry, you confused me when you said to first heat up the filter, and then to catch my breath and start sucking... :rolleyes:

What Pinoy means is that the technique for inhaling is exactly the same as the technique for heating the filter because you do both at the same time. However, one way to get better hits is to break the heating and inhaling into two steps when the pipe is cold. To do this, one would let the flame dip slightly into the lip of the metal ring and inhale slowly for about 3 seconds, then exhale and quickly start a new draw with the ceramic filter now warmed up. Personally, I inhale for about 3 seconds, exhale through my nose, and immediately start the new draw without taking away the flame. Sometimes I have to inhale short gasps of air through my nose throughout the draw because I like to mix a lot of air with the vapor in my lungs.

If you are new to vaporizing, I would suggest removing the flame when you fill up your lungs about 50-60%, but continue inhaling from the pipe to fill your lung capacity. The filter stays warm and continues vaporizing for a few seconds after I remove the flame, so taking it away around 60% usually gives me some more air and vapor mixed at the end of the draw..which I really like ^.^

Of course you will have to experiment with all of this numerous times to really get the hang of it, but it is a hella fun process! The technique I have detailed above is just one of many ways to rip the VaporGenie, and I'm sure it will take you some time to learn. When I first learned to vaporize (and when I teach new vaporists), I made sure to err on the side of low temperature rather than high temperature because nothing is wasted if the temperature stays low. If a low temperature doesn't give you any visible vapor, let the air get slightly hotter on the next hit. After awhile you will find the temperature that works best for you. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your new toy :)

If anyone has anything to add, please do

Rin101,
Reactions: tripwire

godman

Just got my classic maple in the mail today. I cautiously vaped some tobacco for about 5 drags, and then when I switched to pot I got a nice puff of thick vapour after the 3rd drag. I was very careful so I didn't combust, and I got the hang of it very quickly. It's great, I no longer feel like my lungs and throat have been ravaged and the taste is fantastic!

Best of all there's so little smell that I did all of this lying on my bed :p

The only problem is that the lighters get extremely hot so my fingers get burned, anyone have advice?

godman,

djonkoman

I use 2 torches(with the flame pointed the direction like a gun), and when one gets hot I switch to the other

for my combustion pipie I use a lighter with a long neck so the flame is never close to my hand

djonkoman,
Top Bottom