• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Can you try the SS top on the aluminum bottom to see how warm it can get? I have the old top and thinking the SS top maybe the better choice despite the mismatched finish.

lesvape,

chucku

Charles Urbane
lesvape said:
Can you try the SS top on the aluminum bottom to see how warm it can get? I have the old top and thinking the SS top maybe the better choice despite the mismatched finish.

No point in trying, ss top not available separately.

chucku,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
true, the ss top is not sold separately but could you enlighten us and switch the tops and do a comparison. thanks.

pinoy,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Yeah I didn't see it on their site, but thought if I gave them a call about it they might have it. Can you also tell us the flavor difference and if the one mode produces more vape vs the other?

lesvape,

chucku

Charles Urbane
In the name of science....

Aluminum top vs ss top on ss bottom. Both take comparable amounts of flame to result in comparable amounts of vapor. The ss top stays cooler to the touch. Aluminum heats faster and gets significantly hotter but also cools quicker. The ss top does get warm but not as hot as aluminum. It takes longer to heat up and takes a little longer to cool down but since it stays noticeably cooler, cool down time is not a factor.

Comparing taste between the two is a draw, excellent in either one. After about hit 2 the ss has the advantage over aluminum same amount of vape cooler out of ss.

The more I use the ss bat the more I like it.

chucku,

utekai

I've been using a magic box for around 6 months, after gifting my girlfriend with one. Also have an Arizer EQ Extreme. Anyway, purchased a VG stainless steel coil pipe.

The purchase was precisely for portability to take on a trip to Amsterdam. I used the pipe prior to the flight over and cleaned it well in iso-91. Then in Amsterdam repeated before the return trip, purchasing iso-96 in Etos. I purchased the lowest price but still quality vape I could find.

Anyway, the pipe made it through security with no problems. I kept the original package and on the way back a security person opened my suitcase and took a look but just put it back and didn't ask any questions.

For repeat trips to Amsterdam I will use this coil pipe again.

I do tend to carbon up the end of the pipe at times. This results in cleaning the end by rubbing with cloth or napkins. I've noticed the metal just gets shiny and becomes easier to clean as I wipe it slowly smooth.

Overall once past the learning curve of using a lighter I was able to get decent hits and get the dose faster than with the MFLB. I am satisfied with the vapor coming out and the efficiency.

Portability is fine. Didn't have many problems with anything leaking out through the coils. It's a well designed little piece of work. I kept it in both shirt and pants pockets and carried it everywhere.

Back home I find myself though reaching for the MFLB. Why?
1. Easier to stir.
2. Easier to load (I mean where do you sit the bowl on the coil pipe when loading? It won't stand on it's own, I found I could set it in the other half of the pipe while loading, but the intake sits on the carbon filter and it worries me it will slowly damage it.)
3. I tend to get more consistent hits with the MFLB, though it takes a little longer and requires more hits. This is partly because it's hard to see where the flame is at on the coil vape. My girlfriend took days to figure it out though I kept telling her exactly what to do ... she doesn't like to take my advice and prefers to do things her own way. Women!
4. For stealth they both do it in their own ways. The coil is stealthy but so is the box. However, while in Amsterdam, there are places where you just can't whip out a lighter and start vaping. However, with the MFLB there are very few places where I'd not do it. Anyway the MFLB wins in this also.

So for ease of use overall MFLB wins.

For quick vaping SSC is pretty good but MFLB is not far behind.

Hope this helps. Just my own little take on the coil vape (which I am happy with overall). As you can tell I like the MFLB a lot too, and the Arizer is also excellent just not portable.

I may be getting a stainless steel bat ... we'll see.

utekai,

Markus

I like the idea of using the hemp wick with the VG. (not an owner yet)
I'm wondering if it would work with the steel coil bat? I was told that because of the depth of the aluminum bat's chamber you'd need to use a lighter.

The coil looks less like a pipe than the classic and VG.com has it listed that you can stand on the coil without bending it, so I am interested in it because of the price-point, advertised durability and stealth factor.

Markus,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
Markus said:
I like the idea of using the hemp wick with the VG. (not an owner yet)
I'm wondering if it would work with the steel coil bat? I was told that because of the depth of the aluminum bat's chamber you'd need to use a lighter.

It's definitely goofy, but somewhat workable with the aluminum bat, if it works even somewhat better that might be enough.

I can get hits with the wick, it's just a bit frustrating and doesn't work as well as a lighter.

rabblerouser,

sockamodo

just went through my first dub of kush on my new vapor genie stainless steel coil
coil size and flexibility of this pipe freaked me out when i first opened it. it surprised me cuz I was expecting it to look and feel a little bit different. they said on the site u gotta worry about leakage but surprisingly its the top part that can get leaky. On the top half, it is only double coiled at the tip where the flame intake hole is so its more like a slinky on the bottom part.
genieslinky.jpg

this is the only part that stretches like this when the pipe is put together and its not a big problem and it keeps the herb in there. Its stainless steel so its pretty durable I stretched it twice as much and it didnt mess up in any way and under normal use the stretchy part of the genie doesnt leak youd have to bend it urself to get it to leak. This thing also performs better than most of the other genies and if u suck at a certain speed more of the flame heat really gets to the bowl first so i am saving lighter fluid a little. The only difficult part is positioning the flame right the flame should go in past the dent on the inside to actually heat the ceramic.

sockamodo,

SD_haze

if you dont like aluminum you might want to consider the stainless steel coil pipe (VG)

Its $20 less than the SS bat.

As far as SS bat, ive read that it works a lil better than the aluminum bat but is much much heavier.
But using a torch lighter is difficult with the bats and many like using a torch more than bic for a VG.

SD_haze,

FreeExperience

If I went the with VG I would be using a hemp wick. I don't want to be breathing in any butane.

I'm throwing around a few names in my head as possiblities,

1) VaporGenie

2) Magic Flight

3) Arizer V-Tower

4) I-Olite

Although the I-olite is probably on it's way out now that I've read that the chamber with the vaporizing nail is aluminum.

FreeExperience,

dougie23

sorry for what seems like an obvious question, but do you pack the weed into the bottom half of the coil bat? And do you stick the flame directly inside of the hole?

dougie23,

SD_haze

dougie23 said:
sorry for what seems like an obvious question, but do you pack the weed into the bottom half of the coil bat? And do you stick the flame directly inside of the hole?

No when you unscrew it the bottom part with the flame intake hole just has the heating element and you pack the bud in the longer part.

the flame goes a bit inside the hole to get a decent cloud
about
[ ] or so?

Honestly the metal bat was easier to hit than the coil because of the position of the hole.
but its INSANELY more stealthy and much easier to carry around.

good affordable vape :2c:

SD_haze,

darco

Chiming in as I have vaped about 5 to 10 bowls out of my new Stainless steel bat that I received about a fortnight back. I have never used any other VG before, so I dont have comparative information. I regularly use the Herbal Aire and am exploring portable vape products. Short quick verdict: I like it a lot, but not enough for it to be my primary portable vape.

Pros:
  • Portable - Fill it up and keep it anywhere. Absolutely no fear of spilling.[/*]
  • Bomb proof - Feels like it will last for ever[/*]
  • Side inlet for the hot air / flame is very useful. Have been able to even use it while driving (but i wouldnt recommend doing it). You can see the flame bend into the hole and ensure that it doesnt go in too much and touch the ceramic filter. The filter is quite far to accidentally have soot on it IMO.[/*]
  • Awesome tasting vape. I dont blow clouds like from my HA, but the vapor is surprisingly smooth and tasty :)
    [/*]
Cons:
  • Extremely heavy - at 150 grams it feels like you could kill someone by throwing it and there is no way you could hold it between your lips or even teeth comfortably without had support. I am guessing thsi will nto be an issue in the wooden VGs. So essentially you need two hands to vape always.[/*]
  • Gets Hot even for one bowl - At the end of the session, only the tip near the mouthpiece remains comfortable to hold, while the rest of the vape gets un comfortably hot. People say that the SS version gets less hot as compared to the AL, if thats true, I wouldnt be able to use the AL version at all as I feel the SS version outside temperature is the max I would tolerate on my hands.[/*]
  • Inefficient - I agree I am spoilt by the magical efficiency of the HA, but the VG could do better. I use an AL grinder to grind my herbs and fill about 3/4th of the bowl. The ABV looks un-evenly vaped. Due to how hot it gets, opening and stirring is a pain, so I usually take the ABV and put it into my HA, and the ABV vapes nearly like fresh herbs in the HA![/*]

So there you have it, my mini review.. I am still carrying the vape in my stash pouch daily, but the weight it adds to my bag is a lot. If amy of you have any questions about the SS i'd be happy to answer them :)

btw: I found out about the Alivi8 one day after I ordered this vape. I would have preferred the Alivi8 just for the fact that its smaller and lighter than the VG SS. I might get the Alivi8 to replace my VG but right now, I am hoping the Arizer Solo to become my primary portable vape as soon as i receive it :)

darco,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Darco.

I agree it does get vary warm but I find the ss bat works best letting it cool off after a couple of hits. Not the best for while driving. This is where the mflb or IO shine. The ss bat is at its best when at a concert or the rest room of a bar/nightclub/restaurant/sporting event for a couple of quick hits. It is unnecessary to open it to stir. Just give it shake and a couple of taps on either end. I am able to get my avb consistently to a dark brown and fully depleted.

chucku,

darco

chucku said:
Darco.

I agree it does get vary warm but I find the ss bat works best letting it cool off after a couple of hits. Not the best for while driving. This is where the mflb or IO shine. The ss bat is at its best when at a concert or the rest room of a bar/nightclub/restaurant/sporting event for a couple of quick hits. It is unnecessary to open it to stir. Just give it shake and a couple of taps on either end. I am able to get my avb consistently to a dark brown and fully depleted.

Thanks for the shaking and tapping tip, wonder why I didnt even think of trying that :) I totally agree that the SS bat is awesome for stealthy quick hits in the washroom etc, however it looks too much like a chillum to pass the security at a concert ;)

I would have loved it if it was 20% smaller and lighter .... hmm that now sounds like an iPad2 commercial :p

darco,

dougie23

SD_haze said:
No when you unscrew it the bottom part with the flame intake hole just has the heating element and you pack the bud in the longer part.

the flame goes a bit inside the hole to get a decent cloud
about
[ ] or so?

Honestly the metal bat was easier to hit than the coil because of the position of the hole.
but its INSANELY more stealthy and much easier to carry around.

good affordable vape :2c:
yeah i meant to say top instead of bottom, thanks.

dougie23,

Growvaper

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I have the Extreme vaporizer for home. It works very well with no burn.
However, For portable vapor, I have the glass vapor genie. It works very well but I found that it can be more hurtful to me than a regular joint.

Let me explain. I use an electronic bic lighter with the glass VG but my throat was burning me after several months of use. I know you're not supposed to burn the herb lol but sometimes it is burnt and I revape. And then when you revaporize something burnt I think it's even worse than combustion as you're vaping charcoal. With a joint or bong, at least it's burned once. Anyway, my throat doesn't burn me with a joint. I've quit the VG a few weeks ago and I feel better. I do get the "morning hack" but no constant light pain in the throat as with the vapor genie used to cause.

Any thoughts on how to use my glass vg better?
Maybe a flame torch? I also found it worked without burning by not applying the flame so much into the bowl.

I do prefer the taste and lightness of vapor but don't want to make it worse than smoking.

Thanks for the help

Growvaper,

momatik

If you burn a bowl, don't continue to vape it without getting the burnt parts out. Once it's burnt, you're only doing damage more damage to your lungs. Remove the blackened burnt bits with tweezers and then continue to vape the bowl.

Everyone who has made the switch to a torch lighter will probably recommend it. Any bent arm torch will probably do, but this is often recommended because of the cheap price tag.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/honest-1300-c-butane-jet-lighter-11868

momatik,

djonkoman

I have that same torch lighter(funny coincidence, ordered it before I ever read about that one around here)
and indeed it works great with my handcarved vg
with regular flame I still had some combustion now and then too but after switching to torch that quickly stopped

djonkoman,

Growvaper

Ok thanks momatik and djonkoman. I appreciate it blades! The portable units are unit but potentially more dangerous than the home ones if not done correctly. I'll buy a torch lighter and let you know how it worked.

Growvaper,
Hello everyone. I just joined this site a bit ago and was looking to go to a different portable besides the MFLB. I was going to go with the VapeorSmoke. But, then I looked more into the genie and decided that half the price was enough to at least try it. I purchased it from a local headshop for $55+ tax. I know there is a bit of a learn curve with it but I seem to have got it down after one bowl lol. I understand how far to suck the flame in and how to get a nice brownish vaped remains and huge cloudy hits. I can make this thing hit just as nice as my da buddha lol. I fucking love it! Going to use this at pool leagues now instead of stinking my self up with joints. Plus nothing beats a vape high.

VapeNStone,

THTF

The lack of smell is my favorite thing about the VG. I get paranoid about smell when I smoke now.

THTF,
Top Bottom