• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie

Rin101

I finally got to try out the new stainless steel coil VG bat at my friend's place last night; it was awesome! He had quite a few people there that had never vaporized before, but after only a couple tries with the temperature they were getting massive rips. We found that the most important thing was to inhale very slowly, similar to the speed of a classic wooden VG with the plastic tip on it.

A couple of the people that tried the bat for the first time had previously owned wooden VGs, so they knew the technique and got huge vapor clouds on their first pulls; it was pretty cool!

It seemed to vaporize very evenly too; there were a couple times that people let the temperature get too hot and it burned a bit in the middle, but otherwise it vaped to a nice chocolate brown all around. Everyone was saying that it looked very stealthy too and wouldn't have known it was a pipe if not told. I wish i could have tested it more extensively, but this was a very good trial.

Anyway, I can't believe this one is only $40! I can't compare efficiency between the coil bat and classic VG because I don't have one myself, but I would hope someone that owns both can help make that comparison.

One small drawback is that the outside of the filter's end of the bat got pretty hot after a few bowls. It was too hot for me to hold it still, but if I rolled it between my fingers it didn't seem as hot. However, the bowl and mouthpiece end of the bat did not get hot at all; it stayed surprisingly cool the whole time!

Rin101,

sockamodo

japdam said:
sockamodo said:
1:i use a full bowl n it depends on the quality of it if its gonna last longer or not. better quality has more oils i think.
2:when i vape i get it from green 2 light brown then progress to darker til its almost black, il post a picture later
3:no i havent used hash in it yet
4. stop right there. i cant stress enough how everybody gets too caught up with this it will fuck u up just keep the flame on and suck normal, not too slow, cuz u wont even heat it up that good cuz the flame heat cant get to it, n not extremely fast. keep the inhalation constant and it will gradually heat up. i usually can feel the vapor as it starts happening i think u should pay attention to the flavors more than anything n i find it really hard to burn in the first place since ur not putting the flame directly on it. there is a difference between this n smoking cuz when u smoke the flame directly hits the weed wich destroys it n the material actually gets in ur lungs then u exhale, which is cause for the smell. imo a lot of people on this thread, who i don't associate myself with, arent satisfied with the genie because they have a completely wrong idea about it. vaporizing isnt supposed to be this flavorful miracle alternative to smoking. ya its more heatlhier for you, but a lot of people say that if it tastes like popcorn, ur putting the heat on way too long. its supposed to taste like popcorn imo or rather coming from my common sense and experience with this because i think that popcorn and weed cook the same way. they both release some natural oils when they get to a certain temp n i think that would explain it. u cant burn ur weed in a vaporgenie unless u hold it for like 20 to 30 seconds, which ive never done, and i am guessing it would probably destroy, but you really have to be determind to completely destroy it.I have the aluminum bat n soon to have the stainless coil. it can get really hot then get black, but it just doesnt happen the same way as regular combustion smoking. i think this vaporizes really well and all i have to say is if ur first starting out with a vaporgenie, n u focus too much on not burning it, u wont get anything. work from a little on the too hot side then ul know. it takes a warm up hit, but after that ul know when u actually get a hit. im just saying cuz i can get hits that make me choke, then i look back at the bowl n i can still hit it about 10 more times at least on a full bowl. plus i never get a long term cough either.

thanks for your reply!

a) would be great if you could post a picture of vaporized weed. I mean if it gets almost black, than you probably have burned it?
b) my experiences with hash are ambivalent and unsatisfying, first and foremost it is difficult to decide when the shit over, it gets more and more sticky, probably I havent finished it really.
c) if i get you right (i am not an native speaker) then you stress, that it is really difficult to burn the weed, except if you fire the bowl extensively. The smell varies and if it smells like popcorn it not necessarily burned.
d) as I told, I think i vapor more weed in the VG than i would put in a joint. Maybe it is newbie problem and it depends on my efficiency. What do you think about consumption and effect using VG? Yes of course it depends always on the quality of material and the way u use the VG, but ...
a:just got a pic on this forum but its not that good. if its straight black then u probably burnt it i guess but remember its not the same kind of burn n if u work slowly(not too slowly) to get to that color then your straight n i recomend this if u wanna get the most out of your weed. if its a light brown i say its still got some juice in it go for a more chocolate brown is how id describe it.
b: ya i gotta try hash ive rarely ever smoked hash before
c: ya it is difficult to actually burn your weed to the point of destroying it completely til where theres nothing left than powdered ash that u would get from straight combustion smoking. remember its more important to pay attention to the flavor of the air n most of the time i know im getting a hit the moment i do. one thing ive thought about is the ceramic can hold that heat after applying the flame during your hit. i think in theory sucking faster makes the air cooler but what ive seen when me n my friends were vaping is that after they sucked medium for a while to where they noticed they were getting the hit they took the flame off n sucked faster n they started feeling the hit more intensly as the air gets super hot from all that stored heat in the ceramic n they got hits they werent expecting to get n they were literally choking struggling to keep the vapor in. thc is already irritating to the throat so if anybody's telling me that im getting smoke its highly unlikely cuz from experience i know thc vapor is irritating. but after going through sacks of weed to myself vaping it i dont get a irritated throat like i would've if i smoked it i never get a cough even with really high quality weed.

d: id say on the consumption side u do get probably a equal to higher amount of vapor compared to smoke hits u get from combustion. oh ya i think i said this already in my older post that in theory u can probably get higher with a less amount of weed in the vape but ive never done that if u try that ul probably just get dissapointed take the same amount of hits you'd normally take when smoking maybe a hit more n youl be good.

heres a pic of my vaped weed one more time
IMG00991.jpg

ill try n get a better one soon.

sockamodo,

Ostara

Meghan
Hello, everyone!

I've been vaping for over a year. It was my dad telling me I had a smokers cough that persuaded me to get my first vaporizer, which was the iolite. I grew pretty tired of having to pack my butane can with me everywhere I went, after a year. I came across the Vapor Genie online and fell in love before I had tried it. I bought one this weekend and I'm thrilled to say my expectations were met! Shortly after I bought my iolite, my dad bought his. He hasn't gone back to smoking since. My parents are retiring this year and I'm thinking of giving my mom my iolite. My husband is contemplating buying the handcarved swirl walnut Vapor Genie. So, it's safe to say they're all impressed by my Vapor Genie.

Also, this is my first time posting on here, and I've only been lurking a few days. :)

This is my VG:

209902_10150228483307813_567102812_8559194_8340826_o.jpg

Ostara,
My advice is to shell out the extra 40 bucks over the handcarved for the glass Vaporgenie. It offers a massive increase in hit quality in my opinion, can be cleaned 100%, has absolutely no woody flavors (obviously), and is clear so you can see your vapor, which is useful for a number of reasons.

Unless your husband has a habit of breaking fragile and precious objects, go glass. You'll be very happy you did.

charliedontsurf,

crawdad

floatin
yep, once you get the glass one you post in the other to tell other about the glass, lol...i know i have a couple times, oops. good advice though, i agree...and welcome to the site.

i converted a couple on the classic vg, like the green one ya got.

crawdad,

Hammock Guru

My collections of vaporizers is increasing and may yet again be added to with a glass VG. I've got Zaps at my home; in my car and at my office; an HerbalAire for parties; a Vapor Brothers HF just because it's awesome, a VG handcarved walnut and a VG aluminum bat. I've been vaporizing for about 5 years and have never gone back to combustion in any way, shape or form after that first hit of vapor.

~hg

Hammock Guru,

Ostara

Meghan
We rock climb, and are outdoors a lot. At home, I have a crazy 5 year old. Glass isn't an option in this household, lol.

Ostara,

crawdad

floatin
i have hiked with mine (glass) many times now. i have thought of getting a classic for the ruggedness factor though, hiking with glass makes you slightly paranoid even in "one's right mind". curious, what do you use to clean it with? im thinking you would need to be real careful with iso given the outer material.

crawdad,

Rin101

crawdad said:
i have hiked with mine (glass) many times now. i have thought of getting a classic for the ruggedness factor though, hiking with glass makes you slightly paranoid even in "one's right mind". curious, what do you use to clean it with? im thinking you would need to be real careful with iso given the outer material.

The "ruggedness" factor is definitely a plus with the wooden models; mine has been dropped on the hard floor many times XD

Cleaning the classic VG is fairly easy compared to the glass VG; VG's website says not to let alcohol touch the wood, so I just run pipe cleaners through the VG and the plastic tip to clean them. I recently bought one of the wire brushes sold on the website, but haven't had much use for it yet.

Rin101,

sockamodo

no fucking way!! right when i buy the stainless coil vg, i had a feeling! new stainless steel bat! check out the site

sockamodo,

sockamodo

attention stainless steel coil vg owners. i wanna get the issue straight with the herb accidentally comming out of the cracks in the coils. i know that theres coils wrapped around coils on the whole body, and im wondering how much of an issue this is. i havent opened mine yet and im thinking about returning it to get the stainless steel bat. id like to have several peoples input in this cuz i wanna know how big of an issue it is. like can i run around with it and not have to worry about bowl contents spilling. what exactly would cause the coils to bend just enough for the herb to spill? how much force? what about shaking it in ur palm just for the hell of it? a detailed post would be nice

sockamodo,

chucku

Charles Urbane
sockamodo said:
attention stainless steel coil vg owners. i wanna get the issue straight with the herb accidentally comming out of the cracks in the coils. i know that theres coils wrapped around coils on the whole body, and im wondering how much of an issue this is. i havent opened mine yet and im thinking about returning it to get the stainless steel bat. id like to have several peoples input in this cuz i wanna know how big of an issue it is. like can i run around with it and not have to worry about bowl contents spilling. what exactly would cause the coils to bend just enough for the herb to spill? how much force? what about shaking it in ur palm just for the hell of it?

Be realistic. No way you can return a used coil bat due to buyers remorse. Try selling it on the 'sell your vape' thread.

chucku,

sockamodo

chucku said:
sockamodo said:
attention stainless steel coil vg owners. i wanna get the issue straight with the herb accidentally comming out of the cracks in the coils. i know that theres coils wrapped around coils on the whole body, and im wondering how much of an issue this is. i havent opened mine yet and im thinking about returning it to get the stainless steel bat. id like to have several peoples input in this cuz i wanna know how big of an issue it is. like can i run around with it and not have to worry about bowl contents spilling. what exactly would cause the coils to bend just enough for the herb to spill? how much force? what about shaking it in ur palm just for the hell of it?

Be realistic. No way you can return a used coil bat due to buyers remorse. Try selling it on the 'sell your vape' thread.
no i got it but havnt opened it yet its still in the bag or whatever completely i just got it at my friends house its a long story kinda but i havent even looked at or opened it yet.

sockamodo,

Rin101

sockamodo said:
no i got it but havnt opened it yet its still in the bag or whatever completely i just got it at my friends house its a long story kinda but i havent even looked at or opened it yet.
Here's what you're looking for:
https://www.vaporgenie.com/Return-or-Exchange-Request/?view=rsform

And I am wondering why you want the stainless one anyway? I'm not saying it isn't better; I'm just saying that I don't know what makes it better

Rin101,

sockamodo

Rin101 said:
sockamodo said:
Here's what you're looking for:
https://www.vaporgenie.com/Return-or-Exchange-Request/?view=rsform

And I am wondering why you want the stainless one anyway? I'm not saying it isn't better; I'm just saying that I don't know what makes it better
well i think in theory since its stainless steel it should be the most efficient with lighters than all the other genie models but ill most likely just stick with my stainless coil. i like both of em but like i said in my other post i havnt tooken my stainless coil genie out yet but im wondering how big of a deal the leakage issue is with it with the herb coming out of the cracks of the coils when its bent. its still at my friends house in cali n im about to go back in a couple of days n id like a detailed description about it from anybody who has it. i just wanna know what would i have to do to accidentally have herb leakage.

sockamodo,

MG23

Relaxin'
Well, I carried it in the little pocket inside the pocket in my jeans beside a lighter all day at work and I do pretty much entirely legwork and bending all day and I didn't have any in my pocket at the end of the day, if that answers your question.

Also, no one is going to be able to tell you anything from the ABV in the picture because of the quality.
It could just as easily be a strip of leather as ABV by the look of that picture alone. :)

MG23,

sockamodo

MattyGTwenty3 said:
Well, I carried it in the little pocket inside the pocket in my jeans beside a lighter all day at work and I do pretty much entirely legwork and bending all day and I didn't have any in my pocket at the end of the day, if that answers your question.

Also, no one is going to be able to tell you anything from the ABV in the picture because of the quality.
It could just as easily be a strip of leather as ABV by the look of that picture alone. :)
thats cool thanks what about walking with it in a regular sized pocket by itself or maybe run with it?

sockamodo,
Stainless is supposed to heat up less, which is a common complain about the aluminum bat.

I wasn't very fond of my aluminum bat, but the fellow I sold it to seems to love it. They don't necessarily get super duper hot, but can be uncomfortably warm on the lips after your fourth or fifth hit in quick succession.

charliedontsurf,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I have the earlier bat model with the hot top and the heat issue is more of a handling thing. Do you think VG will sell me the Stainless top so I an put it on my aluminum bottom? Because I only see the aluminum replacement top.

lesvape,

MG23

Relaxin'
They changed the aluminum bat recently so that it doesn't get hot anymore either, so they say.

sockamodo said:
thats cool thanks what about walking with it in a regular sized pocket by itself or maybe run with it?

I don't think it would have a chance to bend under normal leg motion and moving conditions.
Keep in mind "I don't think" doesn't mean its totally out of the question, just means it seems improbable to me.

MG23,

sockamodo

MattyGTwenty3 said:
They changed the aluminum bat recently so that it doesn't get hot anymore either, so they say.

sockamodo said:

I don't think it would have a chance to bend under normal leg motion and moving conditions.
Keep in mind "I don't think" doesn't mean its totally out of the question, just means it seems improbable to me.
i think the aluminum bat is designed to suck faster cuz the wire coil is placed above the filter, but the coil is kinda deep in there when it comes to the distance from the intake hole. i think from experience that sucking to where you here the genie whisle a little from the airflow, it will eventually get hot after a first warm up hit. i dont think the speed of the air has a huge influence over the tempurature getting cooler.

sockamodo,

Human Bean

Vapor Genie
hey yall. i got my VG about a week ago. ive smoked very minimal bowls since i ran dry haha anyways my first hit of it i was outside which was stupid the wind blows too much but anyway since the smell is minimal i went inside and i rip it in my room lots. i apologize for my bad sentence structure. i dont really care for it being perfect but if you guys do, i apologize :D my girlfriend wanted to watch me hit it on webcam and i did and blew it in the face, she didnt even notice a thing, shes like ok exhale now.. haha already did darling. now she wants to try it. im so gonna buy one for my dad. he blazes joints . real old school , im sure hes gonna love this. not alot of smell except for on your breath. can i ask a question? of course i can, for those who have been able to rip full bowls, how is the smell? anyways back to watching that world trade center video. cya. happy toking ! VAPOR GENIE KICKS ASS!

Human Bean,

djonkoman

I also don't notice any sell, but my sense of smell isn't that well
once when I was hitting it on a terrace in the city the friend sitting next to me would smell it when I exhaled
butr it definatly smells much less as smoking and the smell disappears faster

I also noticed that vapor(from my vaporgenie at least) is invisible on webcam, even when I can see huge clouds there will be nothing visible on webcam

djonkoman,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Just got my ss bat (not coil) in the mail. Compared to my aluminum bat both are exactly the same size and shape. The aluminum bat has a matte finish where the ss bat is polished. Stainless weighs about triple the aluminum. Both are surerbly made. The ss bat needs slightly less flame than aluminum. The heated side still gets warm, you will not get burnt. The mouthpiece part stays cool. So far I like this much more than the aluminum bat.

chucku,
Top Bottom