VaporGenie

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vapercussion said:
Stickstones,

The problem for me was that the cool place to leave the Extreme set up with potporri (on my desk) wasn't the place I wanted to smoke (at my drumset!)

I will check out the Vaper Genie; I tried a vaperbuddy and hated it, because they told me to light an empty bowl first to get the rock warm. My mouth tasted like a bic lighter before I even started! I have a feeling you fill the bowl first....

Any advice in the best type of lighter? I know I'm off topic here so I'll stop..
The vaporbuddy sucks, and it gets exposed in the thread about portables.

I know what you mean. MyExtreme is in my office and I don't always want to hit it in there. Instead of dragging my Extreme to the living room I prefer to hit the Genie out there occassionally.

As for lighters, vapor tactician has a link in either this thread or the portables thread about butane that is helpful. I think any lighter will do. I've been using cheap bic lighters, but I think I will drop some coin for a butane torch lighter, if only for the uniform heat and consistency.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Oh fuck, hitting a vaporbuddy dry? Don't want to freak you out but that's not good.

Vaping at your drumset on the other hand, very good!

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I just buy one :) ....I just cant smoke anymore since I'm alway vaping at home , and I was searching for a durable portable cheap unit...so vapore genie seem to kick ass ...I dont realy like the fact that the is in metal / wood but when I'm out I smoke inside anything so vapor genie will be better anyway

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I hope you dig it! Take the time to go over the tips VTac put up from his friend...they helped me a lot.

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
stickstones said:
I hope you dig it! Take the time to go over the tips VTac put up from his friend...they helped me a lot.
dig what ? with a shovel not sure to undertsand .......:lol: joke !! thanks for the hint

Clear_Dome,
Reactions: DrKramik

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Clear_Dome said:
stickstones said:
dig what ? with a shovel not sure to undertsand .......:lol: joke !! thanks for the hint
You know what's sad? You actually had me there...hook, line and sinker!

stickstones,
Reactions: DrKramik

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
:p wanna know better one LOLLLLLL the maine reason why I've buy the genie to vap with my couzin at FISHING LOLLL

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Here's a link to my friend's VaporGenie tips.

Make sure you get the technique down before you go fishing. Maybe you should figure it out with a windproof jet flame lighter since you're going to be using it outdoors.

I've not used the VG outside but I can see it being a pain in the ass with wind blowing out your bic lighter...

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
yes but I am lil scared cause I dont wan to burn wood ball and smoke some !? wood yummm ...but probably this genie is bigger than what I think so I'm probably scared for nothing

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Clear_Dome said:
yes but I am lil scared cause I dont wan to burn wood ball and smoke some !? wood yummm ...but probably this genie is bigger than what I think so I'm probably scared for nothing
Yup. You will actually do better with the butane, I think, because you can direct the flame inside the bowl better. You won't burn any wood.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones, do you mean a jet/blue flame lighter? Since normal bic style lighters use butane as well...

CD, you won't burn wood, it's overheating and burning your herb that you have to worry about.

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yup. I'm talking about one of those torch style lighters, whatever you call them. Sorry for the butane confusion. BTW, I haven't used a torch lighter with this unit yet...I just think it will be a good upgrade someday.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I forgot to mention, I brought a butane torch over for him to try with it. He ended up scorching the herb on the second attempt and gave up. :/

I think the flame on my torch was a little bigger than optimal. Compared to a bic lighter it really heats it up fast, so you have to be extra careful and only do very short bursts till you figure it out. You could probably compensate by holding the torch flame farther away.

Another thing to consider, the jet flame doesn't bend like a normal lighter's flame so you have to point it down into the hole-- some jet lighters aren't really designed to operate pointing down, so keep that in mind if you're going to buy one.

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
You know, it maybe that you have to hold the torch far enough away that it ends up getting the wood in the burn radius. Thanks for telling me your friend didn't like it...I won't rush out to get one. Those tips from him that you passed on to me were fantastic.

I'll say it again...I really love this little unit. I get much thicker hits from this than the whip (I still haven't spent much time mastering the whip yet...I know, bad stickstones). I get some really thick hits off it and get plenty rocked!

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
stickstones said:
You know, it maybe that you have to hold the torch far enough away that it ends up getting the wood in the burn radius. Thanks for telling me your friend didn't like it...I won't rush out to get one. Those tips from him that you passed on to me were fantastic.

I'll say it again...I really love this little unit. I get much thicker hits from this than the whip (I still haven't spent much time mastering the whip yet...I know, bad stickstones). I get some really thick hits off it and get plenty rocked!
this is what i was talking about for the buned wood ......anyway ...My genie is on the way ,it as been shipped yesterday so, i'll probably recieve it next week :D

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
A torch lighter is definitely superior to a standard lighter for vaping. Much steadier flame/temp and it won't leave soot like a standard lighter will. But like you say, some, like the Genie, present problems with the angle. I've got the Genie and have used it a little, but the straight stem is less than ideal for a torch unless your eyes are at the top of your forehead. :rolleyes:

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I got my genie befor week end :D It work realy good I love to vap outside or on the road with friend !!! I'll try to try it with a torch lighter this week. this thing work but no were near the extrem for the efficience !! but I still love it a lot

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I used a torch the other night and it worked quite well. I aimed the flame directly into the bowl from above and didn't have any problems.

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
nicee ! I'll try to find an ajustable flame torch lighter ....the heating time must be really shorter with a torch ?

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't know. I started with a normal lighter and migrated to the torch, so it was already heated up a little. The torch is hotter, so it would make sense that it would heat up faster. But the bottom line is that you don't want the temp too hot or you will combust. I suppose you could use the torch to heat up the bowl without drawing, thus heating up the bowl without heating up the herb. Then you could draw and get your vapor. I'm not sure of this, though, and will need to try it out.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hmm, pre heating the ceramic? Sounds like it could work, you might be on to something there.

I've been looking around for some good mini torch lighters, hard to separate the hyped up crap from the good stuff. When I was younger I had a Colibri and it was pretty reliable... For use with the genie, I'm thinking you'd want one that operates properly and easily upside down and is capable of producing a really small flame. That way it wouldn't get so hot so fast.

vtac,

streetsofsurrey

whats the best site to order this for us Canadians? I am planning to get it from the official website, http://vaporgenie.com for 55 dollars and that includes the shipping!

also, which one is better. Ash wood or Exotic ?

streetsofsurrey,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Well I just splurged out and ordered a vapor genie :clap: have read on the local NORML site of ppl bringing them into NZ without any problems. $55 shipped internationally 7-10 days delivery.

I ordered from the same link as posted above by streetsofsurrey.

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
whats the best site to order this for us Canadians? I am planning to get it from the official website, http://vaporgenie.com for 55 dollars and that includes the shipping!
I ordered mine from the manufacturer (www.vaporgenie.com), $55 shipped. Check out this VaporGenie review for some details. It's coming from the states so if you're in Canada it'll be going through customs and it's marked down as a tobacco pipe.

Personally I've always ordered direct from official websites. Less chance of screw ups and you're more likely to get newest revision and if there's been recent changes to the product.

Other than the customs issue, it's not really worth free plastic grinder to order from a reseller.

As for Vaporizergiant.com, I can't vouch for them but they look legit.

The ash is what most people have. The exotic is larger, has the "old man" pipe style and is less durable. I've also heard the angle on the ash is easier to work with.

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
streetsofsurrey said:

I don't know of any Canadian online dealers that sell the Genie. I'd get the exotic. It's improved over what it used to be, and I think the longer length makes it easier to use. You'll have a better chance of getting your choice (yellow or brown if you go with the exotic) from the manufacturer's site too.

max,
Top Bottom