Vaporbrothers Vaporizer

foolie

Awesome, that's pretty much what I was hoping from the minor upgrade.
Vaporwarehouse just packaged & will ship my order tomorrow, gotta give props to them!

foolie,

Cody420

I have a vaporbrothers vaporizer and It has been working wonderfully ever since I bought it a few months ago. I only use high quality mj, and usally set the dial at 9:00. This week it hasnt been working like it has been. I would get ten or more hits when I packed a little in the bowl and the herb would turn out brown to dark brown when it was done. Now I pack some in it and get one good hit and about two small hits, and the herb is a very light brown, anyone else ever have this problem?

modnote: Merged.

Cody420,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Have any of you tried the mini whip yet for the VB? I'm thinking of getting the miniwhip for the SSV.

daddygreenjeans,

blackbur

Nah i haven't had the chance to, although it does seem ideal for party situations since you can pass whips..so everyone can have their own whip and just turn the vaporizer when someone whats to get a hit. Also would be somewhat hygienic since you wouldn't have to worry about people's lips all touching the same mouth piece.

snackmaster

Anyone know if the EZ Change whip will fit other box vapes? I've got a VaporWarez, but I like the look of the EZ Change.

snackmaster,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
No, the Vapor Warez and Vapor Bros wands are not interchangeable.

jeffp,

stinkmeaner

snackmaster said:
Anyone know if the EZ Change whip will fit other box vapes? I've got a VaporWarez, but I like the look of the EZ Change.
It should be fine if you have the Hands Free VaporWarez, the EZ Change whip kit uses a 19/22mm female Gong fitting and will fit most any vaporizer that uses a 19mm Gong heating port

stinkmeaner,

snackmaster

stinkmeaner said:
snackmaster said:
It should be fine if you have the Hands Free VaporWarez, the EZ Change whip kit uses a 19/22mm female Gong fitting and will fit most any vaporizer that uses a 19mm Gong heating port
I thought so, but the VB joint looks kinda short so I wasn't sure. Thanks!

snackmaster,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I've had my VB for a few weeks now. I got the hydrator as well during my first week of ownership.

My background prior to ownership was 2 decades of heavy usage especially through a bong.

The VB satisfies. :) I am getting huge rips just like I am used to but they actually taste good and no more coughing up resin.

Game changer is the term that comes to mind.

There might be better units on the market (I dunno haven't tried them) but the Vapor Bros really works. Especially through the hydrator. :brow:

VB-MFLB

I just got my 2nd VB in a few weeks back. My first one was confiscated in the great-raid of 2005 :o(
(many soldiers fell that day (VB, roor fairlady, palm scale 5 + 6.0, large 4pc spacecase, glass and lots of goodness) anyways....

My first one was an original design. My new one is a coffee handsfree, which I outfitted with a ez-change whip kit and mini whip. My first few tries with the ez handsfree felt slightly odd, but I feel much more comfortable with it now. I do find myself using the mini slightly more, for nostalgic reasons, but I also like the smaller pack size that I can use and still cover the screen with. The mini whip does get hotter quickly, when used in a more successive fashion, than say take a rip, wait, take another, wait (using this method deters from it getting hot).
Once I got use to the ez change whip and broke it in a bit, things started working smoother, more efficient and more enjoyable. The first 3-4 times I used it I had an issue with sucking pieces of herb through the screen and its rather large holes, in comparison to a metal screen. I was able to combat against this issue by the way I loaded the herbs in. Being use to the non-hands free original version/ the mini whip version. I would place herbs on table and suck them straight up, plug the bowl end and suck a few times creating back pressure and this was good enough to pack it down. Using this method with the ezchange doesn't work as well, so now I load it in and give it a tamping down using a tool of mine. This, along with a slight honey residue on the screen now, has made it so I dont get pieces through, unless I inhale very hard and fast. I have read about others adding a second ceramic screen to help or just using the metal screen or both. I haven't tried either methods as I am pleased with my new tamping down effect. Also as a reference, I use very little herb when I vape, unless its with a group, so this also affects how things work too. As for the ez changing aspect of the vape, I really like it. I will say this, when I first got it, everything was very stiff and rather difficult to come apart. I was also a lot more dainty when trying to take it apart as I didn't want to break the glass, though it does feel very solid. After watching Kads do it on youtube, I realized I could be a bit more forceful and it popped off and from then on in everything now pops on and off with ease. I rarely, haven't with the new one atleast, have issues with herb falling out of the whip while vaping. I don't angle it or anything. My tamping method works with the hands free and the mini whip has no issues. One thing I noticed with the ex change, is that, sometimes small pieces do fall forward slightly towards the heater.... but... the whip has somewhat of an enlarged donut shape before the frosted handsfree part and that holds the herb from falling into the heater. When you are done vaping, just slowly and smoothly pull the handsfree whip off and my abv always stays in the whip and doesn't fall out.
The coffee version is very slick and professional looking and I rather fancy it over the original color, but to each his own. It warms up within a few minutes to around the 10-11 position and I can take some rather large vapor hits in succession and be good. I sometimes use 9-10 position for a less vapor cloud hit, but get a few more hits instead.
The vapor brothers company is a good company to work with as well. They don't allow many people to sell the vape, so you don't have many options of places to purchase, but I don't see this as a fault. Its not like you can buy ferrari's at any used car lot :o) I ordered from vaporwarehouse and got everything in 2 days after I ordered. But as for the company, they offer a good warranty and good customer service, from my experiance. They answered my e-mails quickly and in a pleasant fashion. One nice aspect to show their care for offering a great piece of engineering and their customers and their health, is that if you purchased an older model, they will allow you to send it in and get the newer improved heater.

Overall I am very pleased with the product, once again.

Any questions you have, I will be the willing to answer or help out in any way. My other VB I had for many years before it got taken from me and even continued to use a friends for the years in between.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
VB -, yeah I agree with you that the VB is a very nice vaporizer. The company is great as well. I sent my unit in for a repair, it was purchased used locally, the service charge for a new heater and repair was very nominal - about $30 I think, including shipping. Hell, I might even use it tonight. Welcome to the forum.

stinkmeaner

I think it is nice that the Vapor Brothers company updates/upgrades the old models for customers to the new version, they should however think about a housing update so that owners don't have to prop them up, if they did then they could do a housing upgrade for existing products.

stinkmeaner,

purpleberry

Modnote: Merged. Please use the search feature. :)

I bought my first vap about 3 weeks ago. I got a vapor brothers from a local headshop.

I've watched all the youtube videos etc...to learn how to use it. I've tried various temp settings.

I'm not finding this to be economical at all. I use way more herb than when I was smoking the pipe.

I can't find a temp that will vaporize the bud but won't burn it.

Any other suggestions? Anyone else unhappy with this?

I'm so frustrated I'm ready to sell this thing! Either its too cool and doesn't vap or its too hot which defeats the purpose of getting this.

Also, any other suggestions for a new vaporizer?

I like whip style. I just can't afford to use as much herb as I'm using. My use of bud (and its great bud) has tripled since getting this. I'd like to stay under $200.

purpleberry,

george

Da buddha vaporizer is a great Whip-style vape. Idk whats wrong with yours but you shouldnt be going through more bud. Vapor Brothers is a good vape though.

george,

purpleberry

I've heard good things about Da buddha. I almost bought that one. Now I wish I had. Either that or Purple-Days.

I wonder if I got a bad unit. I'd heard good things about Vapor Brothers too.

It seemed to work better the first week but now it seems its not working so well. I shouldn't be going through this much bud.

purpleberry,

purpleberry

hey moderator-

i did use the search function but couldn't find ANY negative reviews of the Vapor Brothers so I started my own post because I wanted others who've experienced problems to help me out.

There's no way that putting it on this thread which only talks about positive experiences will it get the answers I'm looking for. Unless you are just wanting only positive reviews of vaps? :brow:

Modnote: You need to read the forum rules and lurk more before posting again. Infraction given.

purpleberry,

rusty

purpleberry -- I picked up the VB hands free vape a 3 wks ago from Vapor Warehouse (excellent customer service) and I have been happy with it so far. Thanks to a suggestion from a FC member, I bought the (non hands free) mini-whip because I use really tiny amounts each time. I think the mini-whip can help anyone conserve the herb better especially for personal vs. group use -- and friends who like a more normal sized bowl/hit have also really liked it.

I don't always see the vapor clouds, but I sure do get a lot of flavor and impact and I am able to get dark brown duff if I so desire. I have not gone past 2:30 on the dial and I have not come close to burning anything.

That said, not every product is right for everybody -- I hope you find a solution that works for you.

purpleberry

Thanks for the info rusty. I appreciate it.

mod-I'm a doctor who has a terminal illness. I wanted a vaporizer so as to reduce the toxic load on my body.

I don't understand your attitude or why you gave me an infraction?!!!!!!!!!! good grief man-i told you i read the rules, did the search, nothing turned up so I started a new thread. What the hell is wrong with that?

I'll join a more friendly forum where the moderator isn't such an asshole. You can kick me off now, LOL.

purpleberry,

luchiano

purpleberry, did you grind the herb really good?.

Did you inhale really slow to get thick vapor and inhale until you're lungs are full? Using a coffee grinder is good to grind your herbs up.

A good method will be to inhale really SLOW then take out the wand while still inhaling until your lungs are full and hold for as long as you can. This will get you high off of very little.

luchiano,

Beezleb

It is not guaranteed that vaping will reduce your usage. I personally see the idea of "saving" as more hype and I often caution on that as their are many more factors involved than simply which device you use.

The Vapor Bros is a quality vaporizer, it is odd you are having issues with it so many of the questions asked and whatnot are first to ensure you are doing things correctly.

If you illustrate an I know better attitude you will only get that attitude back. This thread is not full of fan boys and the fact it is mostly positive is due to the fact it is a quality device. To act as if you will not get any quality assistance from its designated thread is an insult to those who genuinely assist people. Additionally, nor body cares nor probably believes what you do for a living. No one is impressed.

I sincerely wish you well and hope you find the help you are looking for but if you are unwilling to let the forum help you without getting upset by it than we are unable to be effective. Its really up to you.

Beezleb,

blackbur

Purpleberry, try contacting customer service you might have to send your unit back..could have a broken/defective ceramic heating element or something..since its brand new it should still be under warrenty..best of luck to you.:)

blackbur,

stinkmeaner

Beezleb said:
Additionally, nor body cares nor probably believes what you do for a living. No one is impressed.

So true, I was going to mention in a post my job but I figured that there is no point because people just lie so much on the internet so nobody would take it seriously. Besides, if someone has the patience to complete med school then they should have a little more patience in figuring out a new and really simple machine as a Vapor Brothers vaporizer.

The VB Vaporizer is a relatively simple device with not much to go wrong, really only a electronic dimmer and a heating element, simple and effective. Your not going to notice that much of a difference in Da Buddha as they have basically the same parts in a different design. I am wondering if the reason you are having a problem is that you are not used to vapor in general and are looking for big clouds, the lighting can have a lot to do with that as well as variations in product.

stinkmeaner,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'd rather read and post on here than do my job as well; FC is definitely more fun than jobs.
I've never been a big fan of jobs.
Anyway, the VB is a very good simple vaporizer.
I had to send my unit back and the company responsibly replaced the heating element and tested it before sending it back to me.
They also phoned me to updated me on the status of the repair and the very nominal charge since I had sent back a pre owned unit.
Beezleb, I kinda disagree regarding your position about vaping reducing one's usage - this has a lot to do with what vape you're using.

elmomuzz

That just happened...
All I know is that my VB delivers full tokes. No wondering if you just got a hit. It made switching from smoking to vaping very easy. :)

Top Bottom