• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporbrothers Vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
I've thought about changing my ancient SSV/PD sig, since I do use the iolite and LB as portables, but I guess I'm too lazy.

I have a bit of a mishigas for vaporizers and I bought a few others
Tell me about it. :rolleyes: A few years ago I thought I had a problem, until I started finding others who couldn't seem to stop at one or two. I've got a couple of other models out on loan, but still have others collecting dust. Need to sell the ones I'm not gonna use anymore.

I wonder if the DB - since they cost about the same - may be a better choice (I've never seen a DB) only due to the heater angle.
You mean 7th Floor's DBV? It's hands free, and the horizontal angle is both safe (as long as you don't accidentally jerk the whip out) and convenient. You won't be shoving it around with the whip either. Although I prefer my SSV, I've used a DBV and much prefer it to any box vape. It's still a decent price with an FC 12% discount, but was a really good deal before the recent price rise.

max,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
I've never used the VB but as I mentioned earlier I've spoken with several people who say the angle is not an issue.

One of the Vapor Bros. posted here about a month or so ago (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1816&p=2 )and said he would consider opening a thread. Did he ever do that? I've heard through the grapevine here in S. Cal. that the Vapor Bros. are very nice people aside from having a good company with a quality product.

I think if I bought one I would rig it up to put the tube horizontal instead of at an angle and maybe use velcro to hold it in place, especially since I'd be likely to only use it in one place.

MoeOnTheMoon,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
the heater angle isn't an issue if you adapt to it but i suspect that there are people who own these units who haven't done research or who may not be even slightly resourceful and just use it as is and accept that the MJ falls onto the heater.

Then they say, "vaporizing just isn't my thing."

I think it's possible to resolve this by way of the wand design - if the glass would slope down - if the wand was "L" shaped toward the heater the MJ would rest in place by the screen.

jeffp,

max

Out to lunch
Vaporizer Acquisition Syndrome
:lol: I like that. A 12 step program may be necessary for some.

MoeOnTheMoon said:
I've spoken with several people who say the angle is not an issue.
And for some it is. There are methods of dealing with it and it comes down to what bugs some doesn't bug others.

max,

radplane

I find as long as you pack around 0.3g it will stay all nice and packed. If you try to pack anymore into the wand you could run into problems :o

radplane,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
just wanted to show a pic of the new VB well new about two weeks ago, I'll post a review shortly but I wanted to show off the persian rug that it's sitting on. actually it's a mouse pad that you can get on ebay but it has the tasseled ends just like the real thing. yep thats the new avatar

IMG_0064.jpg

rbrown13,

max

Out to lunch
I've never had a problem with the angle of the heater cover as far as herb falling into the heater.
This is not a poll. The angle is down and gravity exists. Some people just don't want to fuck with it.

max,

Jikaboom123

Yea but I get what rbrown is saying. With the standard heater cover it won't fall in, because you only use the whip while taking hits. Same thing with my Warez

Jikaboom123,

max

Out to lunch
Unless you start drawing as soon as you invert the whip, it can still be a problem. There are ways of addressing it, but if you don't use some method of avoiding it, any time you load a whip and invert it, you stand the chance of some herb falling out, just like with a one piece whip, where you always have a chance of blow back if you exhale instead of inhale. Many box owners prop up the back end or turn it on its side, for a better angle, so it's obviously an issue for some. It needs to be acknowledged, but not endlessly debated.

max,

rbrown13

Jikaboom123 said:
Yea but I get what rbrown is saying. With the standard heater cover it won't fall in, because you only use the whip while taking hits. Same thing with my Warez
Right and I personally find I can keep the whip at a less steep angle when meeting the face of the heater cover because it's not a hands free and after contact with the heater face is made and I'm already drawing air/vape so I start to rotate the wand around in a circular motion and I don't stop drawing until I level the wand back out so far this method has worked almost 100%, I haven't lost any pieces in the heater but I have had some fall out after pulling the wand away simply from stopping the draw and probably letting a little air out but that's about it.

rbrown13,

foolie

How good are these if I'm looking to connect this to a water pipe compared with a vape wand (ie Vriptech?)

I've spoken to rbrown and I'm quite bent on grabbing one of these tonight at my local headshop, but if there are better alternatives for the setup I'm looking for, any of your opinions would be appreciated!

foolie,

tranquiltoker

Hey, guys!

I'm a virgin vaporizer, and I just bought the Vapor Brothers Hands-Free version. I just got it today (:clap:), and I've been vaping some of the herb mixes you can order (I did the Feeling Fine one). I don't have any MJ to try with yet, but I will get some this weekend. The only problem I keep having is that when I vaporize the herb mixes, I'll look to stir the bowl and it seems like there's one little area in the middle that's very dark brown, almost black, and the rest of the herb gets greener in color as you move out towards the edge of the bowl. I can also taste it burning, but if I turn it down and inhale, I don't see any vapor when I exhale. I can taste the herbs, but I don't know if I'm actually getting any active ingredients. I know this is my technique (and possibly temperature...I don't know the optimum temperature for these herbs) so I was wondering if you guys had any tips on how I can vape a bowl better? :D Thanks in advance!

tranquiltoker,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
tranquiltoker said:
Hey, guys!

I'm a virgin vaporizer, and I just bought the Vapor Brothers Hands-Free version. I just got it today (:clap:), and I've been vaping some of the herb mixes you can order (I did the Feeling Fine one). I don't have any MJ to try with yet, but I will get some this weekend. The only problem I keep having is that when I vaporize the herb mixes, I'll look to stir the bowl and it seems like there's one little area in the middle that's very dark brown, almost black, and the rest of the herb gets greener in color as you move out towards the edge of the bowl. I can also taste it burning, but if I turn it down and inhale, I don't see any vapor when I exhale. I can taste the herbs, but I don't know if I'm actually getting any active ingredients. I know this is my technique (and possibly temperature...I don't know the optimum temperature for these herbs) so I was wondering if you guys had any tips on how I can vape a bowl better? :D Thanks in advance!
I don't have a VB but it seems you would just need to try to vape that particular herbal mixture at a little lower temp. Look on youtube for info on vaping mj at the right temp with the VB, I'm pretty sure one or more of the vids on there have that info.

As to the herbal mix, I am interested in those. Did you get any feeling from the Feeling Fine mix? Or others?
I've been wanting to try them but not sure my MZ will vape those at the right temp?

MoeOnTheMoon,

tranquiltoker

MoeOnTheMoon said:
I don't have a VB but it seems you would just need to try to vape that particular herbal mixture at a little lower temp. Look on youtube for info on vaping mj at the right temp with the VB, I'm pretty sure one or more of the vids on there have that info.

As to the herbal mix, I am interested in those. Did you get any feeling from the Feeling Fine mix? Or others?
I've been wanting to try them but not sure my MZ will vape those at the right temp?
Thanks. I think it might be easier when I actually get some green, but I'll continue experimenting. As far as feeling, from the Feeling Fine mix, I felt really nice. It was like euphoria and relaxation at the same time. It was really nice, and lasted for about an hour. The closest thing I can compare it to, believe it or not, is a marijuana buzz, but without the foggy haze. It was definitely stronger than if I would have put it in tea (I drink damiana tea on occasion, for medicinal purposes, and damiana's one of the herbs in the mix). I haven't tried any of the others yet (I bought a sample pack of four of them), but I'll let you know when I try them. I don't know if you could put the herbs in your MZ, since the MZ is set in a specific temperature range, the one perfect for cannabis (I think), but I don't really have experience with those types of vapes. This is just what I've heard. Thank you, again. :)

tranquiltoker,

rbrown13

tranquiltoker said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:

Thanks. I think it might be easier when I actually get some green, but I'll continue experimenting. As far as feeling, from the Feeling Fine mix, I felt really nice. It was like euphoria and relaxation at the same time. It was really nice, and lasted for about an hour. The closest thing I can compare it to, believe it or not, is a marijuana buzz, but without the foggy haze. It was definitely stronger than if I would have put it in tea (I drink damiana tea on occasion, for medicinal purposes, and damiana's one of the herbs in the mix). I haven't tried any of the others yet (I bought a sample pack of four of them), but I'll let you know when I try them. I don't know if you could put the herbs in your MZ, since the MZ is set in a specific temperature range, the one perfect for cannabis (I think), but I don't really have experience with those types of vapes. This is just what I've heard. Thank you, again. :)
On my VB (with high grade medical mj) I set the dial somewhere between 10 and 12 o'clock depending on moisture content of the herb, my VB is a non hands free standard unit and I can move the bowl/wand around so the heat isn't just pointed in one area of the load just like you can do on a SSV. you should be able to find a happy spot on the dial for whatever you're vaping I started at around 9 o'clock and went up in small increments from there until I found the sweet spots it only took me a couple of hours to get this thing dialed in keep playing with it and you will find the right spot.

rbrown13,

foolie

I picked up the H2O adapter and just ran the VB thru my lux mini
Here's a shot after i milked the whole pipe 3 times
2hznuk2.jpg

foolie,

rbrown13

foolie said:
I picked up the H2O adapter and just ran the VB thru my lux mini
Here's a shot after i milked the whole pipe 3 times
http://i47.tinypic.com/2hznuk2.jpg
Nice so how do you like the VB and did you order from vaporwarehouse.com I was just wondering because they took really good care of me but I didn't see an FC coupon for them I figure I will email them and let them know that two members here just bought VB units, anyhow how do you like it.

rbrown13,

foolie

The VB is awesome, it's incredibly efficient with the herb. Using the same amount as 1 bowl and putting it through the VB gives me at least 6-8 milks (WHOA!), after which I'm already in wonderland. I had my doubts about this as I wasn't able to find many milk shots with people use the VB, but now I am a convert and will exclusively vapebong from hereon.

I got the VB at a local head shop, which still offered the full warranty and so forth, though I paid about 10 bucks more than if I were to get it shipped.

foolie,

rbrown13

foolie said:
The VB is awesome, it's incredibly efficient with the herb. Using the same amount as 1 bowl and putting it through the VB gives me at least 6-8 milks (WHOA!), after which I'm already in wonderland. I had my doubts about this as I wasn't able to find many milk shots with people use the VB, but now I am a convert and will exclusively vapebong from hereon.

I got the VB at a local head shop, which still offered the full warranty and so forth, though I paid about 10 bucks more than if I were to get it shipped.
Cool that you were able to get it local and $10 isn't so bad considering your helping out a local guy, the only shop in my area that carries the VB wants $219 for the hands free and said they could special order me a standard unit but it would be $10 extra for the special order I asked them if they've ever heard of a little invention called the internet? I got my standard through vaporwarehouse.com for $149. I'm glad to hear you are now a VB/Bong convert.

rbrown13,

foolie

Yes most definitely! VB/Bong leaves my pipe smelling nice and looking as clear as ever.
I'm planning on picking up the EZ Change Whip Kit from VHW sometime this week..probably tonight since they are already backordered.

foolie,

foolie

So I recently just broke the bowl that connects to the vaporizer so I decided to pick up the EZ Change Whip Kit along with extra ceramic screens and a pick... just wondering if anyone tried that whip out yet and if there's any change in potency, taste, etc...?

foolie,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I have the EZ Change and I think it's great. If anything it seems the hits are more potent but it's a fresh wand and that may have something to do with it.
The ceramic screen is a plus and that too may have something to do with the bigger hits but it does seem to gunk up quicker than a wire screen - however it's very easy to open and clean.

Top Bottom