Vaporbrothers 2.5

pangeamus1c

@GR o word we got the OG in the house with the white and black? hahaha - yea i have noticed if you dial it into 100% heat aka 850 and take a dab or two your throat gets dry (could be from inline bubbler being so close to heat source?) from harshness real quick and dabs taste a bit burnt - 60-70% heat seems to be right around 700ish degrees and as you said reall nice - you do much testing around 500 degree aka like 35-40% turned up? Heres another brain buster for you --- if we are hitting it at 50-60% we arent achieving the leidenfrost effect correct? or is leidenfrost only at full temp? aka slightly burnt tasting temp

Last edited:
pangeamus1c,

pangeamus1c

@rasmundi some solid advice too thanks man - yea I have the vb2 green cap as well as carb cap so been testing - lol rlly anything works to cap this thing that can take heat - usually just end up flipping over the top of my silicone dab container to cap - good to hear you both teaching the warm up techniques saying that it still takes around 2-3 minute heat up for the lower temp dabs cuz I wasnt sure or not but thanks for confirmm @GR reading back on your post - are you dabbing at 100% heat often or only at the beginning of dab sessions to get away with a quick dab thats not technically full heat? cuz 100% does not feel cool on my throat and literally adds a burnt taste imo

pangeamus1c,

rasmundi

Pangea, i believe we have moved beyond the leidenfrost effect with the VB2.5, as that consideration was more a by-product of the higher heat capacity and greater conduction of metal nails. Silicon Nitride is prized in the orthopedic implant industry for it's incredible micro-texture and wettable surface area. It is this feature which i believe is integral to the high quality and low harshness of the resulting vapor.

If you're shooting for ultimate flavor, it's easy to find at lower temps and perhaps there is better uniformity with a bit of warm-up, but that's not necessary and only a small part of my usage. Normally it's - click on/load dabber/dab/turn off - all accomplished in under a minute.

GR

Sorry been going through an impending divorce, time and energy has been demanded else where. Then my lawyer nailed me, " I advise you leave all vb2.5s here with any concentrates you have. cough, what do
did you call this on?". Soon enough I will be back with a head full of oil.

redijedi808

I'm currently in the process of getting one of these beasts to Hawaii.

I have 20 grams of concentrate to test.

Any tips would be much appreciated. I've seen its a simple turn on, dab, turn off. Can't wait to try this bad boy!

To be continued...

redijedi808,

rasmundi

Congratulations Red, you're in for a lot of fun!

Make sure you've got your connections plotted out in advance, you might have to make accommodations to hook up your glass pieces. You will also probably enjoy yourself into incapacitation, so be sure to allow enough time for recovery...

redijedi808

Congratulations Red, you're in for a lot of fun!

Make sure you've got your connections plotted out in advance, you might have to make accommodations to hook up your glass pieces. You will also probably enjoy yourself into incapacitation, so be sure to allow enough time for recovery...

Thank you for the info. I am actually planning to utilize the 2.5 with no glass. I did create a whip for my Mighty but never ended up using it since the Mighty rocks just as is. I can test it with the 2.5.

I'm assuming this will be the same, well hoping, so I also bought the direct glass draw as well.

Your last comment really makes me anxious. I get like that when I eat too much edibles...this should be different since I can bounce back from it. Or I think.

redijedi808,

rasmundi

Yes, the whip will whip for sure - but it's a good whipping… I'm a fan of the whip myself because it's just so clean and efficient, but it is also the most potent method you can do with the VB and leaves you with little recourse if you bounce off the inurement ceiling! I like to reserve that option for holidays, late nights and sundays. lol.
The straw is ok as an initiation to direct injection, but the sight lines and ergonomics are uncomfortable and the whip is a much better alternative. Start low on the temp and inhale slowly and smoothly and you should be fine with little irritation or coughing (mostly;). Honestly though, the hits taste so so good with the VB you're going to find that you want to do more than you should, and running a bubbler inline will allow you to do more - so…..

rasmundi,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

redijedi808

Dang, it makes me not want to run my current setup just to wait for the VB. I do have a good amount but I am trying to venture into the more efficient stage.

My current rig seems to build quite a bit of reclaim. At first, I thought it was a good idea to utilize the reclaim in my Herc but it seems that it doesn't get me anywhere. Not sure if its the taste or what but I thought people tested reclaim and found that its still potent.

Regardless, I am aiming for waterless just to achieve my goal of less reclaim. I looked into other methods like warming up the bubbler water but its not really ideal for me.

Guess the waiting game begins. I shall try out all the methods. I do have the FC-710 that retains quite abit of flavor so I can only imagine what will come out of the VB & FC-710 combo!

They need to build mine and I chose to pay extra for UPS(USPS to Hawaii has given me issues sporadically and did not want to chance it with the VB) so hopefully I get this by the weekend or beginning of next week.

I'm sure I'll have more inquiries. Mainly cleaning the device. I can get OCD at times.

rasmundi

I wouldn't worry so much about efficiency or reclaim as there is much of the former and little of the latter.

You can get an excellent hit at 1-2 centigrams and anything more than 4-5 centigrams will leave a residue that will fume on for a bit. My bubbler needs cleaning only half as often as when used with a nail, probably because the dabs need be only half as large…

Necessary cleaning involves the glass dome, which will fog up after a good days use. The walls above the ceramic heater collect a thin veneer of oil too, which will tend to run down to the bottom edge and fume if you don't pay attention.
I like to start with a clean appliance every morning, simply a quick wipe with a paper towel and ethanol alcohol. If the inner walls get really caked, cleaning when warm helps or use some fine steel wool and light scrubbing. Remember, damp rags only - you don't want fluids running down into the electronics!

rasmundi,

redijedi808

Much appreciated.

Thank you for the heads up on the cleaning and electronics. The last thing I want to do is destroy my huge investement! I will definitely take extra care. I know the heater is pretty heafty but didn't consider the electronics initally.

redijedi808,

redijedi808

My multi converter has arrived and I just wanted to show a bit. I really do like this device. I can take a good hit and not cough.

You guys were not kidding, I really do feel more medicated. I shall tread lightly until the weekend but I did record my testing.

For you guys who utilize the direct draw, how do you connect it to the dome that's made for the whip? I could use some of the whip but I did recall seeing another dome with the hole instead of the funnel.
I will inquire with VB about the dome and possibly those cones or carb caps.
ehyzk3.jpg

29m6b6d.jpg

All in all, I am very pleased with my purchase and can't wait to get to know this purple beast better!

24ywao9.jpg

rasmundi

Congratulations Red, that showed up quick!

I started like you with the simple whip and a glass nipple for the end, but what works better is to order one (or both) of the optional domes that come with female ground glass fittings. I recently added the 14mm to my collection and find the increased flow over the original 10mm offering to be substantial. The ground glass allows you to quickly and easily switch between bubbler and whip, or dismantle the unit cleanly.
Vapor warehouse stocks them, and are also a good place to source the ground glass to whip adapters you will need, and some extra lengths of that wonderful white silicone material. (pro tip : buy extras of everything!)
BTW, your dabs look huge, does your scale measure those amounts? Looked to be around 6-8 centigrams, you should be cool with as little as 1! I do not believe you will find the glass dabber optimum for the ceramic nail. The tips are too dull and have difficulty picking up and letting go of small dabs. I highly recommend the Highly Educated Ti dabbers, especial the spade and ball tip, they're a good size and will conduct plate temps to improve dab drop and continuity.

redijedi808

Thank you! It truly was a quick from inquiry to delivery.

I checked Vapor Warehouse and they seem to be out of the 14mm female top. I did inquire with VaporBrothers and am planning to get an extra funnel top and a ceramic dual hole top to use with my direct draw.

I now understand how new adopters of the VB2/VB2.5 sort of vanish once they receive. Experimenting with this thing is no joke. My first 2 dab sizes are or were the size I used with my previous rig. I have now learned how efficient this thing is. Its crazy to see how such a small dab can medicate like that. I am now trying out the different temperatures, following the temp guide they provided, and love the range it can provide.

I am trying to get a better technique with the dab. I do have a TI flat dab. I didn't receive a glass dab from VaporBrothers but use one that I kept breaking and retorching to redo the tip.

n4ujyo.jpg

The heater is so intense that the oil really does crawl up the dabber. I am trying the technique that involves hovering the dab just above the plate. Its works for the most part but I do get that run up regardless of what technique I try. Lately, I have been balling up the oil on the very tip of my glass dabber. Its not really a big deal since its not that much running up. Of course, this is a third of the amount I was used to dabbing.

Its just amazing how I can take a tasty rip without water filtration. Quite smooth. The heat up time is such a convenience! I wanted a device that was quick to dab on and this fit the bill. The 30 second heat up is truly insane. I can't wait for the other tops so I can do further experimenting.

The cleanup is as you described...a quick wipe for the top and ceramic wall is all what is needed. I haven't caked up the whip(which I have cut to about 6 inches), but it looks like a qtip with iso will take care of that.

How often do you clean the plate meaning turning it on full blast 2x. I think I saw that earlier in the thread where it takes 2 full heatups. I haven't attempted to clean the plate yet but it has remained clean for the most part.

Well, I may vanish for a bit again...its the weekend:ko::ko::ko:

rasmundi

Jeez, Red - you've got the Rolls Royce of e-nail's and a hyundai for dabbers! I recommend you re-check my recommendation… The micro ball tip works really well with oils that want to climb.

How often you need to clean the plate is a function of dab size, purity and frequency. I like to remove the dome, turn the setting to high and let it run till auto shutoff at the end of the day - that keeps my plate in good condition. That's with throughput ~.25g of un-filtered nug run saps and waxes.

You can clean the silicone whips, but you run into diminishing returns as far as results go… There is an eventual "scale" and stain that accumulates, plus even the outside picks up a grunge layer. I find it a small luxury to keep a closet stock of fresh tube and treat myself to a $3 freshie frequently!

Last edited:

redijedi808

You made a good point so I purchased the ball tip:
a3f3ba.jpg

Thank you for the recommendation! Its smaller than I thought which forces me to use small dabs. I still feel very medicated and it seems to be easier to clean off with a wipe. My other ti dabber seemed to need a lighter afterwards. I'm sure the smaller stature plays a key role.

After a week with this awesome machine, I have truly grown to love it!

Mine does have a slight issue which is very sporadic(sorry in advance for the morning news audio...the issue happened to show itself so I took the video in a hurry):

I was in the process of getting some more domes from VB and showed this video. I just wanted to make sure that my workaround by using a surge protector to bypass this issue is okay and that this will not lead to anything more serious. Since it is sporadic, I didn't think its a big deal and my heater and temp dial always work. Plus, I also always use a surge protector with individual switches for ease with all my electronics.

Well, she forwarded my email to their R&D department and they want to fix it. They sent out a loaner in which I will use in the meantime. That is awesome that I don't have to miss a beat. They are also going to send my domes with the loaner. Thank you for that recommendation as well. Makes sense since this is such a unique product and those domes will not be readily available like most products.

I want to take care of my investment:love: so this should be arriving on Monday:
15ekejb.jpg

redijedi808,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
My current rig seems to build quite a bit of reclaim. At first, I thought it was a good idea to utilize the reclaim in my Herc but it seems that it doesn't get me anywhere. Not sure if its the taste or what but I thought people tested reclaim and found that its still potent.

Regardless, I am aiming for waterless just to achieve my goal of less reclaim. I looked into other methods like warming up the bubbler water but its not really ideal for me.

Have you looked into cranberry extract?

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rezblock-cranberry-extract.8060/

Vapor_Eyes,

rasmundi

Ok, i've watched the vid - is the problem a failure to shut off? Are you fully rotating the switch to the off position, that would be my question. There is some spring assisted resistance you need to overcome before it truly clicks into off mode. On my unit the resistance kicks in around 6am on the dial, but true off is at 5am.

I've been spoiled with several months of VB magic, but i recently spent a day with a nail-rig and it allowed me to realize some of the intrinsic qualities of the multi converter approach.

Normal practice with a traditional nail-rig is to get it to temp as rapidly as possible and then hit the sweet spot with the dab before the temp falls below range. Besides the problem that heat control is always iffy, there is the fact that you are always rushed to get it done before you lose that temperature perfection. The process is so fast it is impossible to sample the available full flavor profile.

On the other hand, coming from years of that style, it's difficult at first to fully appreciate the complete freedom and control the VB2.5 allows the patient user. The size of the silicon platter and heat sink, along with accurate temperature modeling eliminates the heat flux from the user equation. You don't have to chase the "dragon" of correct temps and fleeting sweetspots - it's always right where you want it, for as long as you want it!

Once you realize and understand that ability you have this whole new style of enjoyment, and that is long luxuriant pulls with the opportunity for multiple taste sample points within a single dab. Start a draw and smack your lips down on the first fine tendrils of mostly terpene magic, roll your tongue on the caramelization of mid-pull, and then (if you miss your nail) sample the popcorn toasties at the very end.

It really adds a completely new and superior dimension to enjoying your oils. Full flavor, full effect, full utilization - it's pretty much addicting…pretty much the "Crack" of pipes.

rasmundi,

redijedi808

I actually did and purchased a good amount. It did help by keeping my rig clean with daily rinses but I still had quite a bit of reclaim building in my reclaimer. I am learning with the VB2.5, my reclaim is not nearly as much. Although I am using it dry. Well, due to the area I live in, its usually best to grab in bulk to save on shipping. Just unfortunate when I start using less of the products that doesn't have a long shelf life.
123ntwz.jpg

@rasmundi It is a failure to shutoff. I hit that click point you are referring and it bounces right back to on. Like it has a life of its own.

Also, I completely agree with your statement about the efficiently and affects of the VB2.5. I am fairly new to the concentrates world but have been vaping for a bit. I started with a torch/quartz nail and slowly progressed to an e-nail. A low temp e-nail. I could never handle huge and harsh hits so the 710whip did help quite a bit.

But after awhile and venturing more heavily into concentrates, I researched for the next level.

Just like how I felt after I bought the Mighty coming from the Arizer solo. Where it is the same concept but just something about the electronics or design about the Mighty, allows it to provide such a great efficient hit.

I feel the same way about the VB2.5. It seems like a traditional hot plate but something with the electronics and design, allow it to provide such a tasty smooth dab hit. It really does extract every bit out of my dab.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Just unfortunate when I start using less of the products that doesn't have a long shelf life.
My botanic choice has remained fresh and good for over 2 years.
I bought dozens of bottles for myself and the community, and kept it in a dark, cool, dry place.
2 years later I have only a bottle or two left, and they are like new. (I am certain because I consume it orally also.)

Last edited:

rasmundi

I'm really liking the 14mm ground glass dome>straight 14mm gg male whip adaptor>whip>45degree 14mm female gg whip adaptor>Dave Park bubbler. It seems to offer the best combination of free flow, unobstructed sight and convenient assembly. Pop that last adaptor off and slip on a mouthpiece and you're at 11!

I would like to see the party dome with 14mm fitments, i think that could be put to good use...

redijedi808

My botanic choice has remained fresh and good for over 2 years.
I bought dozens of bottles for myself and the community, and kept it in a dark, cool, dry place.
2 years later I have only a bottle or two left, and they are like new. (I am certain because I consume it orally also.)
That is very good to know. The expiration dates on my are 7-2016. Its been awhile since I bought them so I can't remember exactly when. Regardless, I shall hold on to them but I am truly liking the "no water" method with my VB2.5 so hopefully they hold up. I do store them appropriately.

I'm really liking the 14mm ground glass dome>straight 14mm gg male whip adaptor>whip>45degree 14mm female gg whip adaptor>Dave Park bubbler.

I just got my 10mm dome and put in an order for the 14mm dome plus a few extras. I will now have extras for each dome besides the party ones.

This is the newest method I ventured to. I really love the cone and how the HE dabber fits. I can take some extremely tasty low temp dabs:
15zgha0.jpg

With my extra domes, I should be all set since my last piece has arrived. Well until VB comes out with another accessory for this awesome multi converter...
s1kqo5.jpg

Last edited:

rasmundi

That's exactly how i use my 10mm top, with the glass straw. It does make me cross-eyed when i look to center my dab, so i now prefer the whip for direct hits and the 14mm dome has superior flow-thru when you start getting involved with adapters.

The straight adapters have a tapered whip fitting, which is the least obstructive but are tough to remove. The angled fittings use an inner sleeve fitting that can severely restrict the air flow and might end up being reclaim monsters.

If you like the carburetor effect, try a flat disc on the HE tool, like those little umbrellas you use in your mixed drinks… lol

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
I couldn't find any details about the device's voltage operating range on the website.
could anybody confirm its 100 - 240 V and ready for a 220 V / 50 Hz power network or if it has been tested with downsteppers?

thanks

Top Bottom