• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporbrothers 2.5

MiDabs

Just ordered one of these today been doing a bunch of research and I have to say fc has been far and away the most informative site I've found. Can't wait till I get it

MiDabs

Thanks I try to keep on top of what's going on had a Volcano digit for about 7 or 8 years and I still think it's the best for flower but for my concentrates I've been on a torch and nail waiting for something other than an exposed coil and nail

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
No one ever has anything to say about these units???!!!!!
Thats because its hard to speak, or do anything else, after using them . . . ;)

Due to circumstances beyond my control most of my vapor lab is packed in boxes so my 2.5 is not seeing use right now. One day when things settle down I will unpack my lab, contact Vapor Brothers to say hello, and start vaping concentrates again.

Thats because its hard to speak, or do anything else, after using them . . . ;)

Due to circumstances beyond my control most of my vapor lab is packed in boxes so my 2.5 is not seeing use right now. One day when things settle down I will unpack my lab, contact Vapor Brothers to say hello, and start vaping concentrates again.
I was curious! I have the VB2 And its still the King in my Castle!!!

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
What is the significance of the 2.5 units 1-6 vs 7- XX I only ask because I have 004 :)

We beefed up the 5V supply to the controller circuit to protect against abuse from getting hot. The 2.5 is meant to be run cool and turned off between uses, but this extends reliability.

@jsnstanley For a company that invents from scratch, everything is permanently in progress, building on what we learn after years of building / repairing our vaporizers. True "beta" units happened before serial #0. Since our service often replaces internals with the latest software/hardware, when we have a good improvement we are eager to get it into the older units. Under the warranty, VB2's can be sent in for any reason and get a free service/upgrade.

@Cannabis Connoisseur We are limiting VB2/2.5 sales to special order only so sales are at a trickle. Have to make sure we can keep up with the sponsored medical patients and our warranty obligations, especially for VB2.0 which tends to crack its ceramic heaters. It's keeping me super busy so not been talking or sharing much lately (I NEED to show you the new all-glass connection options though!) Right this minute I'm getting a training from my engineer how he verifies the temperature settings- We're using your vaporizer #0069. :)

We beefed up the 5V supply to the controller circuit to protect against abuse from getting hot. The 2.5 is meant to be run cool and turned off between uses, but this extends reliability.

@jsnstanley For a company that invents from scratch, everything is permanently in progress, building on what we learn after years of building / repairing our vaporizers. True "beta" units happened before serial #0. Since our service often replaces internals with the latest software/hardware, when we have a good improvement we are eager to get it into the older units. Under the warranty, VB2's can be sent in for any reason and get a free service/upgrade.

@Cannabis Connoisseur We are limiting VB2/2.5 sales to special order only so sales are at a trickle. Have to make sure we can keep up with the sponsored medical patients and our warranty obligations, especially for VB2.0 which tends to crack its ceramic heaters. It's keeping me super busy so not been talking or sharing much lately (I NEED to show you the new all-glass connection options though!) Right this minute I'm getting a training from my engineer how he verifies the temperature settings- We're using your vaporizer #0069. :)
I'm in the loop!!:rockon:

Cannabis Connoisseur,

jhartbarger

Glad to finally hear the answer and I now feel informed and in the loop

jhartbarger,

thebreadsticks

VB2.0 & 2.5 both fill the need for an easy dab at home without dealing with a traditional rig. There is less to go wrong or break.

There is less to go wrong or break? Well thank God, because what little hardware they have only seems to last a few days.. And those units are 600 or so?

thebreadsticks,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
My 2.0 had some growing pains, however, I still have one of the original 2.5s and it has been rock solid. You have to understand the materials, temps, and heat up times they are dealing with. Its a study in material properties and heat stress.

redijedi808

Just wanted to chime in...

I have an early model as well. I had to send it in a few times, which was no hassle since the manfucturer made it an easy process. I knew, from the get go, that I was purchasing a unique product so I was expecting some kinks.

Well, they seemed to have dialed it in cause Ive been utilizing this awesome device for months and its working like a champ. I never felt like having to baby it, which I never did. I take a few dabs during the work week but use it all day on the weekends.

In my opinion, this device remains epic! Its so fast and efficient and I can dab with no water filtration. It rips me up like no other!!!

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well I was motivated to exhume my VB2.5. I took it to my brother who has MS. I had a big old gob of shatter lying around so I thought I would let him try it. My brother is an old combustor from way back.

"Click" . . . on . . . purple light in 30 seconds. I wait while gathering a huge dab. I told myself, you are not going to hit it. It will make you too high. Let it erase my brother's brain I said . . .

The vapor whiteout was instant . . . he took two full draws and handed me the whip . . . one small one I thought . . . smooth . . and I was instantly wrecked with all pain in my body relieved . . . :ko:

The nice thing about it was my brother experienced relief from some of his MS symptoms he had never had before even using pharmaceuticals and cannabis. He had problem areas that simply were not a factor for a while after using this device for the very first time.

This is not a normal vape. Its a therapeutic, monster, medical device.

Last edited:

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Here goes my testimonial:

I purchased my VB2.5 some months back from a fellow forum member. Initially I was rather disappointed because I was using the ceramic disc inserts with it (a broken VB2 unit was included with the sale). Initially I had purchased the unit because it was a unicorn years back when Ti swings were the only things to dab with, so this was basically a nostalgia purchase for me and I could've cared less really if I was using it or not. Flash forward like six months and I've got a bunch of shatter and full melt bubble to play with here for the holidays. A light bulb must've went off and I realized the VB2.5 doesn't use the ceramic inserts. Holy shit I thought as I realized I've never used the unit properly until then and here it was before me on Christmas Eve!

I'm using a Vaporbrothers glass circ chubbler with it and the most noticeable difference between this and dabbing with a swing or nail is the purity of the hit. I mean the product burns clean off and the hits are smooth like no other. There's no aftertaste at all compared to Ti or quartz. Full melt hash especially rocks with this thing.. and that thirty second heat up time is no joke either. Only thing is you have to sesh and shut the unit off after a couple of minutes. Given some of the cumbersome negatives this thing has going against it - no digital temperature adjustment/display, having to shut it off after only a few minutes of use, and designed for use with mainly a whip and such attachments, leaves the VB2.5 being pretty much obsolete here going into 2018.

That said this unit is really great and performs like nothing else out there, mainly because there really is nothing like it out there. My 2.5 unit has been performing without fail so far just as many others have reported too in this thread. No problems/issues whatsoever unlike the earlier 2.0 units which used a completely different heater. See that's the thing is that most people would never be able to differentiate between the two as the differences are subtle, with the lack of a ceramic disc insert being the most obvious.

If you've got a chance to hit one some place, like at a friends house or something, do it! Realize that you've got an opportunity to enjoy a dab from a very rare bird! I don't believe there are many 2.5's floating around out there, most likely less than twenty given the enormous initial price tag of $1,200 or something and the company's demise soon after it being released. Think about that for a second... only the richest, snobbiest of kids could've afforded this thing when it came out years back. That's why I bought it when it came up for sale. It was the Neo Geo I could never afford. Very cool unit! Not something I would use everyday, but a real treat to spend an evening with once in a while. Not that you couldn't use it all the time, but like I've said before these 2.5 units are unicorns. Not many are floating around out there so it's kind of like having a rare Ferrari or something. There are no replacements!

Last edited:

jhartbarger

I concur my unit is 004 and you are correct there are not a ton of units out there and they are a dream to use, walk in turn on and by the time you got your dab ready its ready to go! when your done turn it off and walk away. You cannot do that with ANY other unit I have ever used that provides the experience the 2.5 does.

jhartbarger,
Reactions: JJ420

JJ420

I know of 3 test models that have the 2.5 heater in them before this official 2.5 was made, I have 1, my buddy has 1, and t-dub, there could be more. i have had mine for a few months and it has been trouble free and the improvement to the official 2.5 make it even better.

I may have one of those test models you're referring to. Mine was a 2.0 unit converted to a 2.5 shortly before the company went belly up.

JJ420,

JJ420

Just spent a few days really getting to know this thing. You really have to approach this unit different from any other device. Basically in a nutshell I've found most of the temperature range to be unusable. The upper 70% just runs too hot. My dabs will start to combust towards the end of the pull. Initially I tried upping the temp to counteract this and that resulted in my dabs just vaporizing into nothing instantly leaving me with an underwhelming and flavorless hit. Then after days of experimenting with the dial, I've now found that right where the "off" marking is (mine's a 2.0 converted to 2.5), which is about 20% I'd say, is right in the sweet spot.

But damn. Once this thing gets dialed in properly, which is a bitch because 1.) operates differently than anything else, 2.) little to no info on 2.5 units, which is much needed because of the new silicon nitrite heater, and 3.) temperature markings on the adjustment dial which have little relevant meaning anymore due to the new heater.... Well, this thing just flat out ROCKS once it's been dialed in. It is super efficient with micro sized dabs. With the temp real low you get a crazy amount of vapor for such a tiny amount! As another poster previously mentioned, hovering the dab and making very light contact with the heating surface seems to do the trick quite nicely.

With the low temps the high is all in the head. And by all, I mean all. And with the ability to get the most out of pinhead sized dabs, it's like crack where you can just take small dab after small dab.

Would I have paid $1,200 for one of these two or the years ago? Hell no. But then again I wouldn't fork out four figures for anything vape related. It isn't the end all, be all by any means. I'm sure a Liger banger would destroy this in performance, but back in 2015 this thing must have really been something else!

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
...Then after days of experimenting with the dial, I've now found that right where the "off" marking is (mine's a 2.0 converted to 2.5), which is about 20% I'd say, is right in the sweet spot.

With the low temps the high is all in the head. And by all, I mean all. And with the ability to get the most out of pinhead sized dabs, it's like crack where you can just take small dab after small dab.

Glad you found a sweet spot that works for you- Normally I try to defend higher temperatures (anachronistic I know) because for me the dabs settle into the surface and burn at low temps. But I'd be super interested to know what temperature you are at... So I can make sure all VB2.5's can do it. Do you use a temp gage of any kind? Not infrared.. more like the one on this page: https://www.vaporbrothers.com/news/...emperature-of-VB2-and-other-e-nails-and-nails

I work at vaporbrothers so I can send you almost any of our items for almost half price (not so secret fc discount, slight scratch or dent possible) if you'd like to get a temp sensor. There's also this which makes the VB2.5 a standalone device: https://www.vaporbrothers.com/VB2-Inline-Hydrator-Bubbler

Edit: there are 2 temp settings on the bottom of the unit inside the holes marked "L" and "H." They are metal, and electrically live, so don't try turning them yet... I don't remember which way to turn anyway. If you're interested to tinker with your unit let me know and I'll give you instructions.

-Linus V.

Top Bottom