Vapman

sedentree

Station dispatched for me as well. So, they missed another self imposed deadline (ie last email said out on Monday) but to give credit where it is due, they beat their other self imposed deadline of before the 22nd 😅😂

186°

To all who are annoyed by those things running not always perfectly (me included): Just keep in mind, Michael and David are doing all the work by themselves. They are quite young and it seems they are learning on the go and keep trying to get better every day. I do not want to imagine how much work this must be for them. I'm annoyed by the delays, too. IMHO, they need to get better, especially regarding their strong-worded announcements. I mean, we wouldn't be that much disappointed if they just wouldn't set a fix date everyone is waiting for. Just say: "the new product will probably be finished in winter-spring 2024" and everyone would be fine with it. But that happens to most of us, doesn't it? It took me many many tough last-minute-actions in my life to learn that even the best time management is worthless if you get sick, for example.

M&D are not like amazon or some other hyper-capitalistic warehouse, and that's good. Very good.

sedentree

To all who are annoyed by those things running not always perfectly (me included): Just keep in mind, Michael and David are doing all the work by themselves. They are quite young and it seems they are learning on the go and keep trying to get better every day. I do not want to imagine how much work this must be for them. I'm annoyed by the delays, too. IMHO, they need to get better, especially regarding their strong-worded announcements. I mean, we wouldn't be that much disappointed if they just wouldn't set a fix date everyone is waiting for. Just say: "the new product will probably be finished in winter-spring 2024" and everyone would be fine with it. But that happens to most of us, doesn't it? It took me many many tough last-minute-actions in my life to learn that even the best time management is worthless if you get sick, for example.

M&D are not like amazon or some other hyper-capitalistic warehouse, and that's good. Very good.
Human psychology hey? I find it somewhat amusing and unusual that I haven’t been annoyed by the delays to eg the Tempest or the Thermal Accumulator but do get annoyed by the Vapman and Lotus threads and website/s and I really don’t know why that is. 😅
like you say probably all down to the communication and pronouncements.

My biggest concern here though is it doesn’t feel like the Vapmen do learn from their mistakes as it stands, so maybe it is just an accumulation of (very minor) mistakes that means I look at them differently to other makers and vendors. This is not to complain per se, at the end of the day, all I want is the product and I know I will receive it but yeah, just a slight bad taste in the mouth re the process of getting the Station to us. ✌️

sedentree,
Reactions: Deedie

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Some of us voiced concern about Vapman decision to maintain US and Italian companies, at the same time as launching a new brand, and 2 new products. Two offices on two continents suggests it's considerably more than m&d involved these days.

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: Deedie

Radwin Bodnic

Some of us voiced concern about Vapman decision to maintain US and Italian companies, at the same time as launching a new brand, and 2 new products. Two offices on two continents suggests it's considerably more than m&d involved these days.
I'm not sure they have an office in the us but maybe just a warehouse that they share with others foreign companies. There are US companies that helps foreign manufacturers to import in the US.

But I agree this seem a bit rushed in all ways. Especially the new brand. I'm not sure it was a good move but only time will tell.

Radwin Bodnic,

Deedie

I don't have a problem with an item being delayed. I would much rather a fully functioning delayed item, to half finished rushed to market item.

The communication is my issue really. That has been poor, and not really any excuse for that tbf

Last edited:

coolbreeze

i never received that one.

but that does not make any sense why they have done that. Hopefully this all ends up okay in the end. But this will definitely be my last order with them
From what I understand, there had been a number of issues with US orders several months ago where an overzealous customs employee was restricting their products as e-cig gear, so they switched carriers and began to ship groups of orders or just bulk stock to a vender in the US who is an expert at getting orders to doorsteps asap. Your tracking will indicate the current system. The notifications for this system could be improved but it otherwise seems to have solved the issues we were having. For those outside the US, I'm not sure what if anything has changed.

Last edited:

jbm

I have not received any tracking email. I’m hoping the thing works as advertised. I got no notification of my VM 2.0 shipping; the first I heard was that it was out for delivery. I’ve gotten emails telling me the item I ordered was not restocked but inviting me to order the heating station that I’d already ordered. I like this company a lot, but I’m very frustrated with the way they’ve been doing things lately. The products, however excellent they may be, are not the whole business. I’ve loyally pre-ordered their new products with pretty minimal discounts. The least they can do is clearly communicate with me regarding those purchases. And “it’s a small shop” is not a sufficient excuse.

Last edited:

Serfer76

I have a tracking number. Expected delivery on March 25. A bit long considering that the journey by car from Bolzano to my city is only about 11 hours, but that's just a matter of UPS, not the boys. I'm curious how long it will take for delivery to you, fellow Americans.

fangorn

Station already landed in the mailbox.
Damn, that was fast ! :o

Will report as soon as I can !

wow...lucky man!!!

I asked the Vapman team to change the address to a PO box... but it's UPS that delivers here... and it's obviously not compatible with a PO box... I hope that my station will not be lost in no mans land!
it must land perhaps tomorrow otherwise!!

in the meantime... congratulations to the Vapman team for the launch of the station! It's no longer in stock since yesterday!
happy for them!!

Radwin Bodnic

Ok, I'm just one bowl in.

Here are my early impressions on the new station.

"Aesthetics variations" :​

• The anodization on the aluminium is not the nicest I have seen. It would definitely benefit a better surface finish before ano. I know it's not made in house but they should improve the process.
  • There are tool marks on the wood rings. At least 3 on mine.
  • Wood rings and aluminium encasing don't line perfectly.
Sorry, no pics for now. Ofc considering what device it is and how it's made you can't expect the finish of a 100+ € dynastem but it's still disappointing.

Function :​

• The dial is staged. I would have preferred a firm smooth dial but that's personal preference.
  • Heat up time is really fast. 3min from 17°C to ready @ 5 on the dial.
  • Both my Swiss classic units fit well but the older one (2012 I think) is too just to be used comfortably.
  • Function as expected with the firsts hits being invisible and then delivering nice clouds @ 5. Less raw power than the torch on the firsts hits. @ 6 it can finish a bowl with quite dark ABV, a bit too dark for my liking but really evenly and well roasted.
For those who likes it dark, it's the perfect tool to stay away from occasional charring.

All in all it's a pleasant and convenient experience and it certainly worth it if you want to complete your loved set.

I have yet to try it with hash.

sedentree

I assume you paid full price, and not using the preorder discount code. That would explain the difference maybe

Ah, interesting, no I paid with the discount, or at least I think I did 😅 hey ho not really a problem, just slightly confusing

Edit
Can’t see anything on UPS as to the price they think I paid for the Station, but govt charges are £69.82 and brokerage charges are £12.90

Last edited:
sedentree,

Deedie

Ah, interesting, no I paid with the discount, or at least I think I did 😅 hey ho not really a problem, just slightly confusing

Edit
Can’t see anything on UPS as to the price they think I paid for the Station, but govt charges are £69.82 and brokerage charges are £12.90
Oh well. Suppose be glad just to get it in your hands. Review above is a bit ropey to say the least! Looks like the usual quality control was skipped to get this out there. Hope we don't regret that

Deedie,

sedentree

Oh well. Suppose be glad just to get it in your hands. Review above is a bit ropey to say the least! Looks like the usual quality control was skipped to get this out there. Hope we don't regret that

Yeah, it is a shame to hear build quality might not be up to standard but at the end of the day I guess I won’t really be looking at it that much, mainly just interested in the effects 😂

sedentree,

Radwin Bodnic

Review above is a bit ropey to say the least!
Maybe my expectations were too high... :shrug:
I have designed and produced anodized aluminium parts and have been through anodization disappointments in the firsts batches, had to test and learn what to do to get the best results. (Though I was working with 7075 T6, same process can be applied to 6000 series.)

Tools marks on the wood can be avoided easily I think. Regarding the light difference in diameter between the aluminium shell and the wood rings, it may be because wood parts are now CNC'ed versus produced on a lathe before. When making rings and tubes, lathes have a precision that is hard to achieve with 3 axis milling machines... (I think it's what they use).

I'm curious about what the owners of the Swiss station think about the finish and assembly on the Italian one.

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Still waiting on mine to be shipped. I placed my order on Sunday, so I imagine I'm at the end of the line for shipping.

3migo,

Deedie

Mine is not in the UK at all yet, even though tracking suggested it was earlier. So most likely the Friday delivery slot will be correct date

Deedie,
Top Bottom