Vapman

Great! Now im really interested in the vapman and have to wait for version 2.0😩
Bowl size is small. I'd probably estimate slightly less than the 0.1g of the Dynavap as it is important not to overfill it. You can also use the microdose/concentrate screen to use even less.
Go for the OG Swiss Vapman if you want to save money and have essentially the same experience. I picked up the basic pear over the Xmas period and am very happy. It's a genuine pleasure to use it and i'd say that the Vapman 2.0 will be a very similar vape. Having a wood vapor path is actually very unique and with the craftsmanship on display in these devices is a reason to get one instead of waiting for the 2.0.

Last edited:

Woolf

Bowl size is small. I'd probably estimate slightly less than the 0.1g of the Dynavap as it is important not to overfill it. You can also use the microdose/concentrate screen to use even less.
Go for the OG Swiss Vapman if you want to save money and have essentially the same experience. I picked up the basic pear over the Xmas period and am very happy. It's a genuine pleasure to use it and i'd say that the Vapman 2.0 will be a very similar vape. Having an all wood vapour path is actually very unique and with the craftsmanship on display in these devices, I'd say it is a reason to get one instead of waiting for the 2.0.
Thanks for the answer. Everybody seems to be happy with their vapman. A cooler airflow is always welcome (vapman 2.0?) .
Im also waiting for the tempest.
I’ll sleep a night over my decision as we say in german😀
Nice greets

Thanks for the answer. Everybody seems to be happy with their vapman. A cooler airflow is always welcome (vapman 2.0?) .
Nice greets
I am sure you will be happy with whatever Vapman you choose :)

I have found the vapor very cool as you can just leave all three air holes open if that is what you prefer.

186°

Nice greets

I use my Vapmans (Vapmen?) with the concentrate sieve, but with flower. With that about 20-30 mg fit into my bowl. Most times I need a second bowl because 20 mg isn't enough for me. Making the second bowl is extra work but that way I have more of the good and fresh flavor (I mean of the first two hits). If I'm doing it right, I can get ca. 7 good hits out of one bowl with 20 mg.

About your decision: You will like it! You won't do anything wrong by buying one of the OG Swiss Vapman. And what happens next is: you will like it so much, that you want another one in a different wood. And you will eventually buy it. So normally I will always agree and say: Yes, take your time to decide and sleep over it, but regarding the Vapman I would say: just go for it.

Regarding the airflow: I almost never use the original mouthpieces but the WPA (water pipe adapter) + a J-Hook instead or a longer glass mouthpiece. That way I'm 100% sure to never burn my throat again (which happened to me several times with the short mouthpieces when I wasn't focused enough).

Radwin Bodnic

Is there a stamp on every vapman?

Customs Vapman from René are never stamped I think.

The stamp depends on when it was made. This have been discussed a few times earlier in this thread :
The "element" branding iron was purchased in 2005.

The "vapman" branding iron was purchased in August 2011.

The "vapman swiss made" branding iron was purchased in 2013.

Because the dates of purchase of the branding irons don't correspond with the dates of branding new series of vapman, it is well possible that after 2011 or 2013 there were still vapman with the previous branding for sale.

Around 2017 I stopped branding vapman all together because more and more customers did find that the branding is spoiling the wood grain.
I think the customers are right, vapman doesn't need branding. After this I branded vapman on explicit requests only.

Edit : and the Italians Vapmans have a small stamp on the rim of the heart piece.

Last edited:

Woolf

Final question: are there metal inlays in the Wood (for the screws) or do they dig directly in the Wood.
Im afraid they get loose if you clean it very often.
Have a nice weekend!

Woolf,
Reactions: Dr. G

Dr. G

Old Resident
Greetings Woolf and welcome...I love the Vapman and just ordered two more...I have a large collection that I am so proud of...I recommend ANY Vapman. It is truly a divine piece of art. Any of the Vapman's will start your romance with it. The heating station is also coming out soon...and as I understand the YEW wood is going into production in the future as well as the Olive...I think you can still get a pear one on the website. Good luck with everything and enjoy your Vapman!

Dr. G

Old Resident
@vapman
Greetings David, Michael, and Rene....

Please consider a book...with all the Vapman history. It is important to do it now while all this information and photos are fresh to you...a large beautiful coffee table style book. It wont be on the Best Seller list but, it sure will conserve the history behind your vape...it is truly art...

Rene, you have so many stories to tell about it. How you came about all of this...ALSO, I hope David is feeling better. Best regards,
G

@vapman_official
@vapman

DOUBLE POST I AM SORRY!

Electrofever

Nice greets
The vapman is quite a unique experience, and as an object it is really lovely, you feel it needs to be cherished ;) Don’t worry, getting one can’t be a bad move ! Any one will be great.

@fangorn, lovely pics as usual. So I totally agree with this idea of making a book !!

fangorn

Thanks @Electrofever
I hope to have a little more natural light one day...!!

I'm going to finish installing a Vapman corner with what I've already bought or pre-ordered... and that's enough of the bullshit! Afterwards, et probably a V2 in the futur... I stop!

@Dr. G
did you fall for an ebony Vapman 😁?

im not a robot

so.. whoever signed up for the heating station probably already knows, but for those who do not: it will be going up in price by a considerable margin. new price will be €359, with a discount for early waitlisters it will cost €339. original price was 289€.
i dont understand enough about the involved costs of producing something like this on a comparatively small scale to question their reasonings, but honestly i now find myself leaning towards cancelling my order. i dont have a lot of cash to spare, and pushing this well over the 300€ mark is a bit much for me, given that the vapman works so well with a torch already.

i would like to mirror all the sentiments given above how wonderful a vape the vapman is, and that there really should be no buyers' remorse regardless of which model you end up getting. vapman is my favourite for sure, and i would love to own the station for this reason alone.
i just wish i would have had an opportunity to try the station and understand what it would be exactly in terms of performance that i would invest in. but blindly buying what seems essentially the equivalent of what an induction heater is for dynavaps for the cost of a fully functioning premium vape.. just a feels a bit off to me?

anyway, i guess i am still wavering as obviously i wanted one before, and still kind of do. and i suppose this wasnt exactly a budget accessory before. but it feels just this tiny bit too luxurious for me now.

but there is still some time to sleep on this till release

:/

Pcloudy

I had to remove my self from the preorder over the price increase. I had already sold some stuff to cover the cost knowing it was coming up but that just puts it into the realm of being a bit to expensive for me. I was already on the fence with the original price. It’s a shame as it’s gorgeous.

Electrofever

I must say I feel about the same as you, not really knowing what we are exactly buying. From what I understood, you can have a more precise heating, which could probably extend the length of the session, and (maybe) get to appreciate every taste that every level of temperature brings (I don’t really know if that makes any sense….). Maybe those who allready own one could gives us a bit of info ? Even though, I think I will add the extra euros, as always, what is 50 euros extra when you allready put 290 in ? ^^ it’s long term investment ;) plus, lighters tend do make quite a noise at night when everybody else is sleeping (what a poor excuse, I know)

Radwin Bodnic

Honestly I thought about cancelling my preorder as well.

But think twice :
M&D planned only 200 stations (that's a very small production scale for electronics parts.)
Preorders are still open, it means that they haven't sold the 200 units yet. I'm not sure at all they can produce more units after this batch's.

That's why I wont sleep on this one.

To me the station enables a different ritual, that is more absent minded. Less focused on the fire and maybe another level of meditation.
I mean, I like to meditate on candles but that's a restricted experience.

Edit : and inflation hits us hard here in Europe.

rollerskater

also a little deflated by the inflation... i still plan to buy, but it certainly depleted for now any vapman 2 money i may have had ;)

it does make that $400 auction prize from a bit back more enviable; just a small premium to have been enjoying it this whole time!

Pcloudy

I use my vapman exclusively for hash so the heating is a bit more forgiving. That’s just a lot of money for a hash vehicle. I also broke the oven in my vapman and it was going to be almost 60$ for a replacement after shipping so I just bought a whole vapman used for a little bit more. Now I just need to get better at making hash

Pcloudy

I need to keep that money in my toad fund at this point. I had to pass on the last lottery in anticipation of the station. Ill be ok though, I just got suckered into that new mini influx pre order and the zion pre order but Ill be sad about the missing out on the heating station.

Pcloudy,

Radwin Bodnic

I need to keep that money in my toad fund at this point. I had to pass on the last lottery in anticipation of the station. Ill be ok though, I just got suckered into that new mini influx pre order and the zion pre order but Ill be sad about the missing out on the heating station.
Looks like you'll have some options to comfort yourself...

Top Bottom