• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapman

Vahn84

The signs are the IG sightings above, and I've been told they'd like to launch it this year, so it looks closer. Vgoodiez had them for sale a couple years ago for $275. I would guess they've gone up, just because of the supply chain issues/inflation that are still happening.
Ouch! Price is not on the lower side of things I must say :myday:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Ironically, the Vapman (and Lotus) are what got me back into butane again. It was really just all the spinning that was a pain, if ya know what I mean.

The classic wood and black station has such a cool mid-century vibe, tho. Park it right on the endtable by the Eames lounger…

coolbreeze

Ouch! Price is not on the lower side of things I must say :myday:
True dat, but it really is a nice addition. The Vapman + torch is something special, we all agree, but the Vapman and Station is a different experience and for me, quite worth a price in that region. I think if the Vapman is something you really love and enjoy often, the station will bring new dimensions. If you enjoy it but it's not a daily driver, then maybe they station will change all that and transform your experience; or maybe for you it just will be too high a price. I think it will depend on your own inclinations.

Vahn84

True dat, but it really is a nice addition. The Vapman + torch is something special, we all agree, but the Vapman and Station is a different experience and for me, quite worth a price in that region. I think if the Vapman is something you really love and enjoy often, the station will bring new dimensions. If you enjoy it but it's not a daily driver, then maybe they station will change all that and transform your experience; or maybe for you it just will be too high a price. I think it will depend on your own inclinations.
I understand...the vapman is already my daily driver and I'd buy a station day one...but is it that good?

coolbreeze

I understand...the vapman is already my daily driver and I'd buy a station day one...but is it that good?
It's pretty good! ; )

I still torch mine sometimes, but the station has made mine a daily driver. It's a high-quality session experience where the heat builds over several hits to bigger hits with a much better flavor than you're likely to get with a torch, at least with the same precision and reliability. So, bigger, tastier hits are the basic outcome, but as with all things Vapman, that only tells part of the story.

Edit: for someone who uses the Vapman as a DD, you would almost certainly find it worthwhile, I think, but it still comes down to economics. If you would otherwise spend that on a premium vape then I'd recommend going for it, but if that's just more than you can justify altogether, then the torch is still a great way to enjoy it.

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
I can just imagine a station...I see it. Right now its like I am in a desert and I am looking at a mirage...its beautiful...its almost real...its almost here...it is sublime. I can almost touch it.

To have the Vapman both ways....is just damn icing...cake...sweet...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I want one. Badly.

The Vapman is perfect. Art. A study. A pilar. How it looks...I cannot get over how beautiful it truly is. I want ten more.

When I first saw the Vapman I just fell in love...it was the most interesting vape ever made...delicate and yet tiny and bold. It is fucking Genius! :rockon::clap::clap::clap::clap::love:

1973PortlandToker

The Vapman is perfect. Art. A study. A pilar. How it looks...I cannot get over how beautiful it truly is. I want ten more.

When I first saw the Vapman I just fell in love...it was the most interesting vape ever made...delicate and yet tiny and bold. It is fucking Genius! :rockon::clap::clap::clap::clap::love:

I know what you mean. So warm, so radiant, so nice to touch and hold. Yes, my Vapman is female. Vapgal? Waiting for her to tell me her name.

ibnganja

It's pretty good! ; )

I still torch mine sometimes, but the station has made mine a daily driver. It's a high-quality session experience where the heat builds over several hits to bigger hits with a much better flavor than you're likely to get with a torch, at least with the same precision and reliability. So, bigger, tastier hits are the basic outcome, but as with all things Vapman, that only tells part of the story.

Edit: for someone who uses the Vapman as a DD, you would almost certainly find it worthwhile, I think, but it still comes down to economics. If you would otherwise spend that on a premium vape then I'd recommend going for it, but if that's just more than you can justify altogether, then the torch is still a great way to enjoy it.

you shouldn't be using the vapman as a designated driver, sir.

I'm excited for the possibility that the VapStation will be available this year! I love me some options.

Vahn84

the afc mouthpiece and the wood one have been delivered today. I have to admit that I was more excited to try the afc mp than the wood one...but ended up being surprised more from the wood experience than from the adjustable airflow. It really has a pleasant touch to the lips and a nice flavour by itself

Die_Toffifee

Bu-Tane Clan
Olá Vapmaniacs,

there's something that is bothering me for a while now and I simply can't decide, so I'm in need of your help.

Is it Ebony and Ivory

or the other way round?

Anyway. The most important thing is, that they live together in perfect harmony. :p

And before somebody is going to sue René: It's not Ivory, of course, it's Hornbeam and just as rare when it comes in form of a Vapman. :)

Dr. G

Old Resident
Olá Vapmaniacs,

there's something that is bothering me for a while now and I simply can't decide, so I'm in need of your help.

Is it Ebony and Ivory

or the other way round?

Anyway. The most important thing is, that they live together in perfect harmony. :p

And before somebody is going to sue René: It's not Ivory, of course, it's Hornbeam and just as rare when it comes in form of a Vapman. :)
I am sitting in a pile of drool....

Ooooooh man.

the_hexx

Team Hash
Cracked Vapman!

So after last night's session I noticed that my beloved Pear Basic has cracks on the wood, on both opposite sides close to the pegs of the chamber. On the one side the crack is big enough to be visible from the other side of the chamber. I only bought this Vapman a few months ago, used it maybe 30 times and only combusted once. Any one out there with the same problem? PS I am trying to upload pics, but can't for the life of me

Last edited:
the_hexx,

Dr. G

Old Resident
Thanks, I get the message 'Image cannot be loaded from the passed link', but I'll just leave the URLs below

https://ibb.co/KsXt0q8
Is this an OG Pure Pear made by Rene made in the Swiss? That is a piece of history right there. I am so very sorry to hear that its cracked but, how does that overall matter I wonder. I read somewhere on these threads something about that but, I would contact Michael or David to see.

the_hexx

Team Hash
Is this an OG Pure Pear made by Rene made in the Swiss? That is a piece of history right there. I am so very sorry to hear that its cracked but, how does that overall matter I wonder. I read somewhere on these threads something about that but, I would contact Michael or David to see.
Yes it is, I bought it from a Swiss shop a few months ago but it seems that these are now offered on the Vapman website too.

the_hexx,

passenger

is this thing on?
From what I know, these cracks won't affect the performance. I think it can happen because of the thermal stress from the lighter (it happend where it starts to blacken a little). If you use a basic for quite a while with a lighter it will look even worse over time but I don't think it will reduce the lifespan of your Vapman. If you don't want these cracks to happen and use a lighter, you need a classic with the heat shield. I bought a yew basic Vapman once from René that had a real bad crack in it, much worse than what you see on your Vapman and he said it won't affect anything. He was right, it still works very well. So if you worry that it breaks apart, I make a bet that won't happen. :)

the_hexx

Team Hash
Thanks for the reply. Interesting you say that, I have read through quite a lot of this thread and I remember René saying that these things are built for life, don't recall seeing mentioned that cracks are a possibility on basic models - the charring I'm ok with. But since I don't own a station and will continue to use a torch, presumably the cracks will get more substantial, as they tend to do? I just might retire my basic pear for now and stick with my classic walnut just to be on the safe side.

vapman

Manufacturer
@the_hexx : What @passenger said is correct, cracks on a pure model isn't unusual and won't effect the lifespan the least. Please keep using your pure pear vapman without any restrictions! I will replace every vapman in case it should fall apart because of heat cracks. So far I had to replace only one unit in 17 years because of this! Even on this one case I'm not sure if it really fell apart because of cracks as I replaced it without thoroughly checking it. I don't know exactly why some pure units get cracks and others don't, it must have something to do with the direction of the wood grains and of course the type of wood. For instance I've never seen a pure Olive getting cracks so far.
Anyway, keep on using it, you're on the save side because I stand for it and I'll never run away, my word!:)

Cheers everyone,

René

Dr. G

Old Resident
@the_hexx : What @passenger said is correct, cracks on a pure model isn't unusual and won't effect the lifespan the least. Please keep using your pure pear vapman without any restrictions! I will replace every vapman in case it should fall apart because of heat cracks. So far I had to replace only one unit in 17 years because of this! Even on this one case I'm not sure if it really fell apart because of cracks as I replaced it without thoroughly checking it. I don't know exactly why some pure units get cracks and others don't, it must have something to do with the direction of the wood grains and of course the type of wood. For instance I've never seen a pure Olive getting cracks so far.
Anyway, keep on using it, you're on the save side because I stand for it and I'll never run away, my word!:)

Cheers everyone,

René
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::love::love::love::love::love:I had no idea that Rene visited here....OMG!!! I should have gotten dressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The CREATOR himself answered...IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER!!! Are you all not doing a happy dance! I am so happy right now.

Top Bottom