Vapman

Dr. G

Old Resident
Ordered one of the OG Classic in Pear (plus an adjustable stainless stem THANKSFUCKCOMBUSTION), original delivery estimate was 5 July. Got home today and heard the doorbell, what an early surprise!! He’s already my new best friend; fantastic ritual, quality materials/craftsmanship, and a delicious light airy vape. Should have gotten one a long time ago!
Congrats...how does the adjustable stem work...do you like it?

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Congrats...how does the adjustable stem work...do you like it?

It’s the only stem I have used but I like it a lot, it’s got three air channels to correspond to the holes, can set it from wide open to completely closed. I set it where I like it and then don’t have to worry about regulation at all, very much like the Omni that has been my daily for the past year.

My_50p_worth

Had to do my first piezo replacement on the Vapman lighter today, was taking two-three clicks to get a flame.

It was super easy, I used a slightly longer piezo and got it more or less centred with where the flame comes out. Perfect results every time now

Would highly recommend giving it a go if anyone has a dodgy torch. Worst that happens is you still gotta buy a new one

vapeape77

Had to do my first piezo replacement on the Vapman lighter today, was taking two-three clicks to get a flame.

It was super easy, I used a slightly longer piezo and got it more or less centred with where the flame comes out. Perfect results every time now

Would highly recommend giving it a go if anyone has a dodgy torch. Worst that happens is you still gotta buy a new one
My vapman lighter didn’t last more than a week, now it’s click click click, half light click click light. Only thing I’m disappointed with in the package… I didn’t know people use piezo igniters on vapes, is that the same that’s used for grilling? Anyway, I ordered a couple Zico lighters today that I’ve had good luck with in the past

vapeape77,
Reactions: Squidge

vapeape77

@vapman

When is the wooden case going to be available?

I’m also considering trying an Italian Vapman, is there much functional difference between the new Italian ones and the Swiss OG’s?
Go back a page, @coolbreeze has a good post on
The models ARE slightly different, with the newer versions having a deeper-set bowl and the olive wood in less need of the protective mica coating. The olive is really beautiful (but so are the others). The reconfiguration seems to make it more productive, as well (or at least it's easier to get it producing vapor, somehow).

coolbreeze

Geeze, guys
Happy Snow White GIF by Disney

Anyhow, the heating difference is slight enough for it not to be a decider, really, and they are sooo nice. I'd go for it!

Gourmet

I also needed some form of carrying system in case there was ever a bigger vape-party. ;-)
So I made the practical twelve tray from all sorts of workshop scraps and branches from the forest.

more pictures:

only the tray:

only the Vapman's:

Yew / Ash / Ebony / Walnut

Pear / Cocobolo / Walnut / Olive (new)

Padouk / Yew dark / Amarant / Yew light

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

is there much functional difference between the new Italian ones and the Swiss OG’s?

For me, there is no noticeable functional difference between the Swiss and the South Tyrolean Vapman's, neither on the station nor with the jet.
Both work perfectly, the details are mainly to be found in the shape and in the further development of the mouthpieces.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

And check out @phattpiggie Instagram. He's doing both stems and bodies!

His Vapman bodies are amazing/insane! Man o man!

Now that’s an Easter egg hunt I’m down with, although I imagine the first few eggs will dramatically slow progress collecting the rest ;)
How awesome would it be to show up at a party to find this? Especially if you had no idea what was in store...

vapeape77

And check out @phattpiggie Instagram. He's doing both stems and bodies!

Oh nice, that stash box is awesome, didn’t see a lid for it in the video? Anyway being based in the U.S. probably puts that out of reasonable reach

Vahn84

Hi guys...my abv is always light...and uneven...is it me? What am i doing wrong? It ususally gets dark brown at the bottom...while on the top it's still greenish. Am i pushing it too hard?

Something like this do? 4.5" length 14mm connector.

The black one is always out of stock T_T

Vahn84,

HighLads

Hi guys...my abv is always light...and uneven...is it me? What am i doing wrong? It ususally gets dark brown at the bottom...while on the top it's still greenish. Am i pushing it too hard?
My favourite way to vape with it is to do the following:

1: Two seconds Heat
2: One second Break
3: Two seconds Heat
4: Slow sip until no more vapour
5: Repeat from step 1

Do this until your happy the bowl is spent and you should see dark, evenly browned AVB

I keep my torch on the lowest setting fwiw

My_50p_worth

The black one is always out of stock T_T

Some things that helped me a lot when I made the realisation

1 - The more cold air that comes in the quicker the bowl cools, this leads to uneven cooking as you experienced. A slow, steady draw is perfect. The air is there for the purpose of “carrying” the vapour to your lips, don’t think that drawing harder gives more vapour as it is the heat that does this.

2 - Instantly drawing after heating doesn’t allow the heat time to penetrate deeply into the material and release the goodness. Wait a second or two after every heat application and allow it to actually enter the material

3- Use the Vapman lighter, and set it so that the inner flame is around as long as the metal filter on the Vapman is wide. Don’t keep changing flame size and torch, it doesn’t matter how consistently you apply your technique when the heat source itself is a variable

I’ve been using mine so much that I can vape by feel now, no counting. If it’s running too hot I draw super hard to cool things down, if it’s too cool I’ll allow the heat more time to soak before drawing

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The black one is always out of stock

These are available on DHgate by the way, here for example (although the minimum purchase is 2, they seem to have the black color glass, not too common from other sellers, you can message them to get just that color, write order notes, or ask Ralph when more will arrive, or find another seller)

Vahn84

My favourite way to vape with it is to do the following:

1: Two seconds Heat
2: One second Break
3: Two seconds Heat
4: Slow sip until no more vapour
5: Repeat from step 1

Do this until your happy the bowl is spent and you should see dark, evenly browned AVB

I keep my torch on the lowest setting fwiw

Some things that helped me a lot when I made the realisation

1 - The more cold air that comes in the quicker the bowl cools, this leads to uneven cooking as you experienced. A slow, steady draw is perfect. The air is there for the purpose of “carrying” the vapour to your lips, don’t think that drawing harder gives more vapour as it is the heat that does this.

2 - Instantly drawing after heating doesn’t allow the heat time to penetrate deeply into the material and release the goodness. Wait a second or two after every heat application and allow it to actually enter the material

3- Use the Vapman lighter, and set it so that the inner flame is around as long as the metal filter on the Vapman is wide. Don’t keep changing flame size and torch, it doesn’t matter how consistently you apply your technique when the heat source itself is a variable

I’ve been using mine so much that I can vape by feel now, no counting. If it’s running too hot I draw super hard to cool things down, if it’s too cool I’ll allow the heat more time to soak before drawing

Thank you guys. I may be probably drawing too hard, cause i'm so used to it with battery vapes that i can't stop hitting it like i am sucking fuel from a car :D

Does your vapman get uncomfortably hot after a while? Like even closing the intake holes with the point of your fingers causes you pain...

Do you close your intake holes? how much close do you keep your flame (i am actually using the vapman lighter)

These are available on DHgate by the way, here for example (although the minimum purchase is 2, they seem to have the black color glass, not too common from other sellers, you can message them to get just that color, write order notes, or ask Ralph when more will arrive, or find another seller)

Thank you for the link!

My_50p_worth

Does your vapman get uncomfortably hot after a while? Like even closing the intake holes with the point of your fingers causes you pain...

Do you close your intake holes? how much close do you keep your flame (i am actually using the vapman lighter)

No it doesn’t, but I’ve got pretty calloused hands from years of manual work and handling hot DV caps. I’ll probably say it’s something your hands will slowly adapt to, especially if you’re feeling the heat just from touching the wood

I don’t close the intakes, some people like to but again it’s cooling the bowl too fast for my liking and restricting a draw that I already find to be perfect. I always do “tip to tip” for the flame distance - so basically the tip of the inner flame touches the pointed tip of the bowl.

Just keep playing with it man, it’s all well and good us giving you heating times and the like but the joy of the Vapman is the journey and reaching your own unique destination :)

IMO there’s too many variables to lift someone else’s technique and get identical results to them, but if we explain the device and the principles of operation you can work it out yourself and find your own technique

coolbreeze

Summer sale, with a sweet pocket set deal:

Adjustable mouthpiece bundle:

im not a robot

sold :)

My_50p_worth

Oh man I hope this isn’t a replacement for that beautiful wooden case they showed off!

Top Bottom