• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapman

RxPlorer

Wait...do you mean 4/5 hits with one heating cycle? 4 on/off 3 on/of 2 on/off and you get 4/5 hits from that?
My method for low/slow, with no risk of combustion, lots of flavor and a good number of draws: the threes

3 seconds heat
3 second wait,
3 second heat,
3 second draw - flavor
3 second heat
3 second draw - flavor, some vapor
3 second heat
3 second draw - gettin cloudy

At this point I drop to 1,2 second heat cycle, and/or increase the draw time to keep the chamber heat well under combustion levels. Can usually get 3 or 4 cloudy draws off a full chamber, and end up with light brown ABV.

Using the concentrate screen will decrease your chances of combustion due to the extra spacing and mass. Longer or more frequent heat cycles needed. Microdosing just a pinch of flower on the screen is actually very effective!

Squidge

Butane powered
...How has the vapman not gain more fans over the years??? It’s hands down better than the vapcap imo and that page is super popular…
The Vapman is a niche, within a niche, within a niche lol.

Most cannabis users combust - of those who do vape, the vast majority will use a battery powered device. So no butane devices for them (no siree bob!).

Then you have the group who will reject anything that's not convection, "coz that gives the best taste/effects/ etc". (conduction is for beginners and chumps 🙄)

Then you have the ones who need the "biggest, hardest hits" - the Vapman isn't the B0, or the Pinky, that's for sure!

Plus, the Vapman first came out in 2005! Well before the vaping was a "thing" 🤷‍♀️

Is it any wonder it was under the radar for so long?

coolbreeze

The Vapman a niche, within a niche, within a niche lol.

Most cannabis users combust - of those who do vape, the vast majority will use a battery powered device. So no butane devices for them (no siree bob!).

Then you have the group who will reject anything that's not convection, "coz that gives the best taste/effects/ etc". (conduction is for beginners and chumps 🙄)

Then you have the ones who need the "biggest, hardest hits" - the Vapman isn't the B0, or the Pinky, that's for sure!

Plus, the Vapman first came out in 2005! Well before the vaping was a "thing" 🤷‍♀️

Is it any wonder it was under the radar for so long?
Yet, I feel it is generally respected as a sort of legendary vape even by those who wouldn't actually want one. Like the Lotus, maybe, or the gn0me.

Squidge

Butane powered
Took me more than 6 years to even recognize the appeal of the vapman. I wish it had been my first vape
Tbh, I'm not sure I would have fully appreciated the Vapman if it had been my first.

I still think the Dynavap is a great "proof of concept" to anyone curious in trying dry herb vapes. The form factor (it looks like a joint). The "idiot proof" tell when it was up to temp (the click). The price (it was £50 when I bought mine, so was worth a punt. I was willing to lose £50, but would have baulked at getting a Vapman for £90).

vapeape77

Took me more than 6 years to even recognize the appeal of the vapman. I wish it had been my first vape
Yeah wish it was my first too… I went with the mflb since it was local and free shipping😂. I remember I did want a vapman back then, but then kinda just forgot about it.

For me the huge upside on the vapman is the quick heat up. With the Dynavap it gets very old rotating…waiting for click. With the Stickybrick it’s lots and lots of hot air sucking which does not truly bring me back to a toking bowl like ritual.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Squidge, You are correct it’s probably one of the most personalizable vapes around. How has the vapman not gain more fans over the years??? It’s hands down better than the vapcap imo and that page is super popular…
This topic came up many years ago in regards to the DV and Vaponic, which I also feel is a 'better' vape although I prefer not to use that word as better for me is not necessarily better for everyone. It's all about vape signature, compatibility to the user and use case so there's no universal standard .

Having said that, the Vaponic and DV are similar in many ways. As well as the joint like ritual and other things noted above it is the click that makes the DV so popular. It's essentially fool proof (although reading the thread I often wonder...) and makes it like driving stick vs driving an auto. You don't have to count or think much and most of the work is done for you. Even then many seem to struggle...

Vapman and Vaponic and other similar need more focus and concentration and this keeps people away. To keep with my analogy both will get you there but you generally get more control speed and power from a manual, and often enjoy it more (except in peak hour traffic)

Vahn84

ok so...i think i'm getting used to the technique. Flavor is shockingly good...i was let orphan since i left my FF2+....i never found something that could compete with it...but the taste of the vapman is amazing

For now i'm sticking with this cycle:

3secs on/off for 3 times (from cold)
3secs on/off for 2 times for the second hit

and after that...i'm still experimenting. Sometimes i do 4secs on/off ...sometimes i do another 3secs on/off cycle for 2 times like the second hit...but so far it seems i'm getting more used to it. What helped a lot was my drawing technique...with other vapes i'm used to draw hard and deep...but with the vapman it seems it can give you more love with slow and gentle pulls.

It's an amazing device...really. i had a vapcap but i hated it. i didn't really come to love it like i do with the vapman. Are there any bent stem that could make me use it like a pipe? (almost like a pipe) I mean...i know that there are those big j-hooks...but those seems just too big for my taste

Squidge

Butane powered
...Are there any bent stem that could make me use it like a pipe? (almost like a pipe) I mean...i know that there are those big j-hooks...but those seems just too big for my taste
Something like this do? 4.5" length 14mm connector.

Vahn84

Something like this do? 4.5" length 14mm connector.

Nice, thank you! Is there any chance i can find an eu reseller for these?

Vahn84,

vapeape77

It's an amazing device...really. i had a vapcap but i hated it. i didn't really come to love it like i do with the vapman. Are there any bent stem that could make me use it like a pipe? (almost like a pipe) I mean...i know that there are those big j-hooks...but those seems just too big for my taste
Glad another newbie is enjoying their vapman! I’m a sucker for $15 color assorted j hooks…. Good luck on your setup! This little bowl does really rock my socks off

coolbreeze

Somethings new:

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I got my first Vapman a good many years ago from the original maker, Renee , who also made the prototype of another niche vape ( Aromed ). It has been one of my all-time favorites since the day it arrived. It's great to still see new people discovering this amazing vape and enjoying the ritual of using it.

im not a robot

ok as a microdoser i will have to try one of these yes? everyone seems to love them so. i am really happy with my woodscents for microdosing, not sure it is possible to improve upon tbh, but variety is good i think? those vapmans are also more portable & look truly fun.

i am seeing og swiss made versions on the website for sale. that would open up different options for wood (walnut & pear). are those identical to the new ones except for wood choices & looks? olive looks the nicest i think? any advantages to choosing walnut or pear?

& oh: would you advise to go with the classic or pure version? from what i gather, the heat shield improves performance. if anyone has both versions: is this a noticeable difference?

thanks, working my way backwards through the thread now

Last edited:
im not a robot,

coolbreeze

ok as a microdoser i will have to try one of these yes? everyone seems to love them so. i am really happy with my woodscents for microdosing, not sure it is possible to improve upon tbh, but variety is good i think? those vapmans are also more portable & look truly fun.

i am seeing og swiss made versions on the website for sale. that would open up different options for wood (walnut & pear). are those identical to the new ones except for wood choices & looks? olive looks the nicest i think? any advantages to choosing walnut or pear?

& oh: would you advise to go with the classic or pure version? from what i gather, the heat shield improves performance. if anyone has both versions: is this a noticeable difference?

thanks, working my way backwards through the thread now
Yes, you will. Yes it is. Yes they are. ; )

The wood choices: walnut and pear are available for some short period and then possibly never again, but olive will probably be around for a long time. More to the point, the pear and walnut are collector's items because they are remnants of Rene's handcrafting and soon there will be no more.

The models ARE slightly different, with the newer versions having a deeper-set bowl and the olive wood in less need of the protective mica coating. The olive is really beautiful (but so are the others). The reconfiguration seems to make it more productive, as well (or at least it's easier to get it producing vapor, somehow).

I would go for the Classic in pear or walnut (mostly for the final finish, and the mica) but it's more of a toss-up with the Olive, since it doesn't seem to suffer as much charring in pure mode.

As a new user who has a preference for the Olive, I'm tempted to recommend one of those, as they are really nice and you wouldn't be disappointed. Either Pure or Classic Olive would be great.

On the other hand, you may have arrived at just the last moment when it is still possible to get one of Rene's pieces. If that historical aspect and the wood choices have your eye, then choose which you find more attractive and go for the Classic, unless you really find the unfinished models more attractive.

Also, welcome! You are going to love your Vapman!

im not a robot

thank you so much for this detailed answer @coolbreeze, this is helpful.
yes, i do feel tempted by the historic dimension of the original units. but going by looks alone, id probably chose olive, and good to know the mica is not as essential there. i can see some truly gorgeous pure olives in the custom shop, but those come with a premium a little hard to justify. for now. ill sleep on all this a little while longer.

coolbreeze

ill sleep on all this a little while longer.
For what it's worth, many Vappeople have more than one, so it may make sense to consider that datapoint in your choice as well: If you think it's possible that you may end up with more than one at some point (most of us didn't plan to either), then grab the one now you won't be able get to later!

vapeape77

Filling this bad boy to the brim with some Slurricane Indica, probably pushing max capacity but live and learn…. Double grind we shall see

Lol oh yeah if anyone has an old Alfa vape, the screen fits ok since it has a hole punched

PS Post double grind max fill, Oh my so stoned, nice hits still. Probably just as stoned as when I do back to backs with my Craft+ and Edge. Less time less weed, more old school

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Ordered one of the OG Classic in Pear (plus an adjustable stainless stem THANKSFUCKCOMBUSTION), original delivery estimate was 5 July. Got home today and heard the doorbell, what an early surprise!! He’s already my new best friend; fantastic ritual, quality materials/craftsmanship, and a delicious light airy vape. Should have gotten one a long time ago!

Top Bottom