• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapman

Dr. G

Old Resident
I just was sent an email from a vape place in Canada to purchase it...but, I wanted the Station! I was sad to see it was not included. What a shame...that is the best part!

coolbreeze

Well, I'm with you--I'm looking forward to it. To be honest, when I first became interested in the Vapman, the station was already legendary so I never really expected to get one, but it sounds like the dudes are working on it so now we're all excited. But, here we are in the meantime happily torching our way to tasty, blissful buzzes! Welcome!

Dr. G

Old Resident
Well, I'm with you--I'm looking forward to it. To be honest, when I first became interested in the Vapman, the station was already legendary so I never really expected to get one, but it sounds like the dudes are working on it so now we're all excited. But, here we are in the meantime happily torching our way to tasty, blissful buzzes! Welcome!
Thank you for the welcome...you say that the station was already legendary...I am just wondering if it was blowing up or something...that is exaggerated but, why on earth would you take that neat element out? You can torch or not! Best of both worlds...anyway, I will keep torching as well. We shall see...

coolbreeze

Thank you for the welcome...you say that the station was already legendary...I am just wondering if it was blowing up or something...that is exaggerated but, why on earth would you take that neat element out? You can torch or not! Best of both worlds...anyway, I will keep torching as well. We shall see...
To be honest I don't know the story, but I never got the impression that there was ever anything wrong with it. I suppose it just might have been too much for a small shop? The new guys are having to do a redesign due to problems sourcing original parts, as I understand it, but it seems like they're confident they're making progress.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
If you go back in the thread a long long ways this is brought up a couple of times and someone better than me could provide a better explanation, but as I understand it the station was not easy to make, nor was it cheap to make either. The Vapman has a pretty long history for a vape, and the station was seemingly only available for a short span in that history and in limited quantities, through several different iterations. (I think 3 versions? Possibly only 2?)

From my viewpoint the station has had mixed reviews, some like it and some don’t.

Dr. G

Old Resident
So...this is my new question. The models that are coming out now. They have newer technology that would prohibit the use of the Station? Let's say I find a Station...I doubt it. But, what if I did? Would I be able to use it anyway? Anyway, thanks for the information. I have some time off tomorrow and I will read back further on the thread like I was suppose to...but, I certainly thank you for answering me.

Dr. G,
Reactions: vapman

coolbreeze

From my viewpoint the station has had mixed reviews, some like it and some don’t.
Yeah, but the new one...

spinal tap GIF by Comic-Con HQ

Let's say I find a Station...I doubt it. But, what if I did? Would I be able to use it anyway?
If it works, of course, but I'm not sure the new Vapmans would seat the same? Their pan sits slightly lower than the old one did. But if you've got one from Rene I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

I've got two borosilicate, one inox (stainless steel), one titanium, and three POM (two white, one black) mouthpieces across four Vapmen.

I much prefer the POM. It's easy to clean, doesn't affect the taste, pretty much unbreakable, doesn't feel cold against the lips, and won't hurt your teeth as much if you accidentally whack yourself in the gob with one! Lol

The only type I've never tried are the wooden ones.
I’ve got the POM and Ti and I’d go POM any day of the week

The contrast with the walnut is lovely too

My_50p_worth,
Reactions: Squidge

Squidge

Butane powered
Yeah, but the new one...

spinal tap GIF by Comic-Con HQ

If it works, of course, but I'm not sure the new Vapmans would seat the same? Their pan sits slightly lower than the old one did. But if you've got one from Rene I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Didn't David use one in the Sneaky Pete interview?

coolbreeze

The contrast with the walnut is lovely too
I'm learning to love it as well, and really for the same reason, the black POM looks great with walnut and it's perfectly fine to use. My first, pear one has a plum mouthpiece and when I got my olive one I got the SS and glass too. Gotta say I love 'em all, though I prefer the smooth ones to the wood. It looks nicest, though. May get one of Ed's one of these days, too.

Didn't David use one in the Sneaky Pete interview?
Edit: Apologies, I think I misunderstood.

Anyhow, to be honest I don't remember. Do you mean the original tower with an olive Vapman? Or that he had a new tower? I guess I could get high and watch it again...

Last edited:

Squidge

Butane powered
...Anyhow, to be honest I don't remember. Do you mean the original tower with an olive Vapman? Or that he had a new tower? I guess I could get high and watch it again...
I think it was an original with an Olive... But it's a while since I saw it, so I could be wrong.

Squidge,
Reactions: vapman

coolbreeze

I think it was an original with an Olive... But it's a while since I saw it, so I could be wrong.
Ah! Now I'll have to make sure I do. It would seem a no-brainer that they work on all models. I'm just not sure I could imagine how they get both to seat right without just resting on the cone, and that seems a delicate choice.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Squidge

Gourmet

I have both generations of Vapman swiss and italian on the station in use, both the edition pure and classic work perfectly.

The station was very complex to manufacture, René had a very small business and built almost everything himself, including extensive test phases.

In the first series, one or two stations malfunctioned, so all stations were recalled with full refunds and postage and had to be thoroughly tested and troubleshot. Some parameters were then changed on the control board so that the error could no longer occur.

Later the station 2 came on the market with some detail improvements. Despite the high demand, it was not possible to expand the production so quickly. It would have been necessary to start the production in cheaper foreign countries, but this would also have needed a lot of human, technical and financial effort and quality control.

And "on the side" René of course produced new Vapmans incessantly, answered as fast as possible all individual questions by email and sent countless packages all over the world. ;-)

Now with the new young crew und fresh energy there is a good opportunity to bring the station back to the market soon.
Let's give them the time to develop a good product, I am convinced it will be worth it.:tup:

Last edited:

Squidge

Butane powered
I think he did but it was their newer prototype if I remember right.

Because they changed the cone shape slightly I don’t think the new olive wood ones sit in the station correctly
You're right, it was the prototype. In the video, the conversation about the station starts at ~52:25

Sneaky Pete's interview with Michael and David.

I now wanna know what Vapman David was using because I don't think it was an Olive, but it is the new design.

Obsessive? Moi? 😂😂😂

My_50p_worth

I'm learning to love it as well, and really for the same reason, the black POM looks great with walnut and it's perfectly fine to use. My first, pear one has a plum mouthpiece and when I got my olive one I got the SS and glass too. Gotta say I love 'em all, though I prefer the smooth ones to the wood. It looks nicest, though. May get one of Ed's one of these days, too.

Edit: Apologies, I think I misunderstood.

Anyhow, to be honest I don't remember. Do you mean the original tower with an olive Vapman? Or that he had a new tower? I guess I could get high and watch it again...
If I’m not mistaken it also has near identical characteristics to glass, so purity of flavour (already a BIG Vapman strength) is preserved

I gotta say though, I’m not as finely tuned to flavours as some here so I don’t notice a huge difference..

It’s just a cool look, and René prefers the POM so who am I to argue?

coolbreeze

If I’m not mistaken it also has near identical characteristics to glass, so purity of flavour (already a BIG Vapman strength) is preserved

I gotta say though, I’m not as finely tuned to flavours as some here so I don’t notice a huge difference..

And if you get too stoned and drop it, chances are it'll hit on the wood and bounce!

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Same here, except I wish they shipped with the black POM. I used the white POM for 3 weeks as the maker intended but switched to titanium bc I prefer the look.

Could switch back but they’re just placeholders for the adjustable airflow mouthpiece anyway. Wonder if it’ll get released in POM as well as SS.

Squidge

Butane powered
...they’re just placeholders for the adjustable airflow mouthpiece anyway. Wonder if it’ll get released in POM as well as SS.
They're already available in black or white POM. You need to tap on the drop-down to see them.

Top Bottom