• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapman

Spent most of the week this week honing the heating technique and got some really good results. Taste is superb and there is a lot of possible exploration when it comes to heating times to get different results. Felt a lot like pushing a vapcap past the click - big effective clouds can happen with such a little thing :)

I decided tonight to try and run it through a pretty decently sized water piece and was SUPER impressed. 12 on, 4 off, 8 on and I my water piece was white walled. Got two more good pulls at 6 on after the first one. Tasted good, felt good, and evenly toasted the chamber. VERY impressed.

I wish I would have gotten on the vapman train sooner!

movies

Grabbed a basic Walnut from VGoodiez a couple weeks back. Within a couple of days I ordered a Yew, and a Pear tree classic.

I've tried a lot of vapes over the years, and thought it really didn't get better for me personally than Sticky Bricks. Then I tried Vapman. I'm so thankful I was able to purchase several of these to last me, when I first found out about Vapman I was concerned I'd never be able to buy one. Now that feeling is just for the station lol.

I think I have my torch heating down though. At first when I "got it" I was blasting a very large flame out of an Honest single flame, doing around 3 or 4 full 2 second bursts (one mississippi, etc.) spaced out by a second each, then one 4 second blast before inhaling. This got me two very large rips, with a small clean up hit per bowl. I don't think this is the way to go anymore. I now use a small-medium-ish flame. Now if it's the first hit, I do three 4 second long bursts of flames, separated by one second each. Then after that hit, two 4 second bursts of heat, separated by a second. This gets me several large hits, a handful of medium ones and overall has led to much better sessions that taste better, last longer, and feel more potent.

How is everyone else heating their Vapman with a torch? I thought I saw a lot earlier in the thread the man himself mention he only does medium grind, medium flame, and 3 seconds of heat before inhaling, and just does it like that until cashed. I personally haven't had too much luck with this so far though. For reference I'm using a fine grind with a two piece Mendo Mulcher.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that my Pear tree classic and Walnut basic are both similar in how they perform, but the Yew gives me trouble? I can get consistent, high quality results every session from my Pear and Walnut units, but the Yew seems to be super finicky. Anyone else notice this? I don't know what it is honestly, but the Yew seems to retain heat much MUCH better than Walnut or Pear.

EDIT#2: Sorry, I am very forgetful due to the Yew session I just had lol, but I really wanted to give a shout out to Scott at VGoodiEZ! Amazing customer service, amazing prices, and super fast shipping. Just all around a pleasure to do business with, and I will be returning.

Last edited:

MikeRotchHertz

Grabbed a basic Walnut from VGoodiez a couple weeks back. Within a couple of days I ordered a Yew, and a Pear tree classic.

I've tried a lot of vapes over the years, and thought it really didn't get better for me personally than Sticky Bricks. Then I tried Vapman. I'm so thankful I was able to purchase several of these to last me, when I first found out about Vapman I was concerned I'd never be able to buy one. Now that feeling is just for the station lol.

I think I have my torch heating down though. At first when I "got it" I was blasting a very large flame out of an Honest single flame, doing around 3 or 4 full 2 second bursts (one mississippi, etc.) spaced out by a second each, then one 4 second blast before inhaling. This got me two very large rips, with a small clean up hit per bowl. I don't think this is the way to go anymore. I now use a small-medium-ish flame. Now if it's the first hit, I do three 4 second long bursts of flames, separated by one second each. Then after that hit, two 4 second bursts of heat, separated by a second. This gets me several large hits, a handful of medium ones and overall has led to much better sessions that taste better, last longer, and feel more potent.

How is everyone else heating their Vapman with a torch? I thought I saw a lot earlier in the thread the man himself mention he only does medium grind, medium flame, and 3 seconds of heat before inhaling, and just does it like that until cashed. I personally haven't had too much luck with this so far though. For reference I'm using a fine grind with a two piece Mendo Mulcher.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that my Pear tree classic and Walnut basic are both similar in how they perform, but the Yew gives me trouble? I can get consistent, high quality results every session from my Pear and Walnut units, but the Yew seems to be super finicky. Anyone else notice this? I don't know what it is honestly, but the Yew seems to retain heat much MUCH better than Walnut or Pear.

Welcome to the team. I too was years behind getting the vapman so I bought 2 (for now). The recommended is 4 sec on then 2 off then 4 on for first hit and then I just do 4 on each additional hit. I use my own count to 7 wirh pauses (I felt silly doung Mississippi) and used a stop watch and it came in exactly 4 sec.

Just find what works for you and if you have good internal timing and don't get distracted easily it should be natural.

Such a beautiful and easy process. Now I feel like dynavaps take forever to heat. I tend to get about 5 hits per pan, but it is possible to take 2 large hits like you mentioned and still get pretty decenct AVB.

Edit: I use BCG fine grind sometimes medium. Flame about the length of my thumbnail of an honest lighter. Are all 3 of yours lined with mica. That should be the only thing affecting heat retention between the different woods, but I did feel that my walnut heated faster than pear. Is your yew two toned?

Last edited:

movies

Thanks for the welcome. This vaporizer is absolutely incredible.

I'm thinking about getting a BCG myself soon. It's hard for me to justify though as I do own a few Space Cases, an SCS, etc. haha.

I'll try a more medium grind from my SCS and see if that works better as it's less messy than the two piece.

My Walnut has no mica, but the Pear and Yew do. The Yew is a single tone. Really gorgeous grain and it feels denser than my other two. I do notice a slight difference in heat up between my Walnut without mica and my Pear with mica, but the Yew seems markedly different from both of them. I think I'll try it with a gentler flame and your heating technique. Instead of two 4 second heatings between hits I'll try one with the Yew, using a fluffy medium grind from the SCS and report back. Either way I'm loving the Vapman. Somehow the most potent vaporizer with the tiniest bowl size available. Really combines all the reasons I got into vaping over smoking to begin with. I still use my sticky brick occasionally for the times when I'm just looking for a couple of crazy hits, but the Vapman very quickly has become the daily driver. My Walnut is already charred and only gives off a very pleasant woody smell on occasion.

Honestly have no clue how some people's bowls posted here look so clean by the way! I have used magic eraser with 91% ISO and haven't gotten close to the amazing results I've seen in this thread.

MikeRotchHertz

Thanks for the welcome. This vaporizer is absolutely incredible.

I'm thinking about getting a BCG myself soon. It's hard for me to justify though as I do own a few Space Cases, an SCS, etc. haha.

I'll try a more medium grind from my SCS and see if that works better as it's less messy than the two piece.

My Walnut has no mica, but the Pear and Yew do. The Yew is a single tone. Really gorgeous grain and it feels denser than my other two. I do notice a slight difference in heat up between my Walnut without mica and my Pear with mica, but the Yew seems markedly different from both of them. I think I'll try it with a gentler flame and your heating technique. Instead of two 4 second heatings between hits I'll try one with the Yew, using a fluffy medium grind from the SCS and report back. Either way I'm loving the Vapman. Somehow the most potent vaporizer with the tiniest bowl size available. Really combines all the reasons I got into vaping over smoking to begin with. I still use my sticky brick occasionally for the times when I'm just looking for a couple of crazy hits, but the Vapman very quickly has become the daily driver. My Walnut is already charred and only gives off a very pleasant woody smell on occasion.

Honestly have no clue how some people's bowls posted here look so clean by the way! I have used magic eraser with 91% ISO and haven't gotten close to the amazing results I've seen in this thread.
Sounds like you are on the right track. Ahhh my walnut is unfinished and I love the charring and smell. It's so funny because it can be a relaxing vape to use but low key will fuck you up. I don't understand the black magic but it is a different high.

No need to get a different grinder, but the BCG is a touch better than those IME. Instead of hovering over the pan with a lighter, try holding your hands together around it to lock in the distance. My honest lighter even has a cap that when touching the wood is the perfect length... Takes a lot of the guess work out.

Does anyone spin theirs when they are inhaling it as if it's going to make a difference in hot spotting lol??

Dattisso

Spacevaper
First of all, welcome @movies to the Vapman family! :wave:
I had kind of the same problem with the yew one as you do.
Mister Vapman gave me this answer:

Yewdoo is probably the answer!:)

I know, that the yew models have a stronger air flow, this is only because the wood of the yew is denser and has a smoother surface, allowing a higher air speed through the three air intakes.

The three air intakes on the mid section can easily be manipulated by blocking with toothpicks or the opposite, by drilling out the holes with a larger drill. The air restriction is a very personal thing, we all have different lung capacities and preferences.

It is also important, not to fully tighten the two screws of the filter, the screws should be at least half a turn loose allowing the filter to move and making a better seal.

This being said, vapman is very tolerant to nuances and works in all sorts of conditions.

vapman

So since I use a higher air speed I got good steady results with the yew one!
I also find the yew vapman gives me smoother results than my pear and walnut vapman.
Try and find out! It's a great pleasure doing the Vapman! Every time again!
Stay vapmanned! 🤘😎

movies

Thanks for the welcome!

I slightly loosened the filter as I had it too tight from when I cleaned it out the other day. I just took the Yew for a spin and had an amazing session. It was incredible. I started with two 4 second heatings separated by two seconds. Then just did 4 seconds, inhale and did that for three more hits. Then I decided to try 3 seconds of heat, two second pause, 3 seconds of heat then inhale- holy cow! It was massive, but way tastier than the hits I used to get by blasting the little thing. I then just did one 4 second heat for the remaining 4 hits or so.

I forgot to mention I've been running the Vapman through a Grav J-hook recently so I am not able to tell the difference in smoothness. However the taste seemed better and the whole experience was so enjoyable. I'm going to stick with the Yew exclusively for a little bit until I can do this every time, or find out if it can even get better than this.

To be clear I love all three of my Vapmans, and you cannot go wrong with any of them IMO. Mica, no mica, fancy wood, not fancy- they all work the same and get you to the same place. I'm trying not to pull the trigger on one of those Boxwood limiteds. I'm more than fine and satisfied with what I have and hopefully these last me for a very very long time.

EDIT: Had such a good session I forgot to thank you! Thanks for the advice, and the quote from René. Really glad the difference between the Yew and my other Vapmans wasn't just me.

Last edited:

Bolano

Welcome @movies! The more vapman owners there are in the world the better it will be.

I've tried lots of different combinations of flame and waiting, usually randomly, trying to find the best combination. What's worked best for me is the standard 4 seconds of heat, wait for 2, another 4 seconds of heat, then draw. Subsequent heat ups are generally for 3 seconds.

I've found that this gives really consistent sessions across any wood type.

The vapman was the first vape I bought. I've bought a few others including a sticky brick jr and a few dynavaps but I only use them occasionally. They're great vapes but something about the vapman keeps me going back to it.

The vapman was the first vape I bought. I've bought a few others including a sticky brick jr and a few dynavaps but I only use them occasionally. They're great vapes but something about the vapman keeps me going back to it.

I've noticed the same. Been my daily driver since I got it a few weeks back and there is just something special? about it that I can't quite put my finger on. It's fun to use and has a ritual around it that I enjoy a lot.

Dynavaps are my do everything vapes. It was the first proper vape I bought and I've been through the cycle of having a ton of them and having just one to having a ton again to one. Flower, concentrates, doesn't matter - it will chug through them and do the job. Maybe not the best job or the cleanest job but the job will get done. Rock solid, easy maintenance, and works with whatever heat source you got - I certainly have come to appreciate the flexibility of the platform.

I've got some items on order to complete a wet rig setup around the bb3 and TI tip / low temp cap but I think the vapman has completed my dry rig setup. @VGOODIEZ managed to keep the walnut finished vapman's in stock long enough for me to snag one and with my pear I think I will be set for a good long while :)

movies

Thanks for the warm welcome and tips everyone!

My Tinymight and bricks are going to be gathering dust. Honestly wasn't the biggest fan of the Tinymight anyways. Hate using batteries, the hits are less satisfying to me than with my bricks, but really now that I'm getting the Vapman down better than ever I don't see myself using different vapes after this. I've tried a lot of other highly recommended vapes as well, but yeah something special about this one.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I've noticed the same. Been my daily driver since I got it a few weeks back and there is just something special? about it that I can't quite put my finger on. It's fun to use and has a ritual around it that I enjoy a lot.

Dynavaps are my do everything vapes. It was the first proper vape I bought and I've been through the cycle of having a ton of them and having just one to having a ton again to one. Flower, concentrates, doesn't matter - it will chug through them and do the job. Maybe not the best job or the cleanest job but the job will get done. Rock solid, easy maintenance, and works with whatever heat source you got - I certainly have come to appreciate the flexibility of the platform.

I've got some items on order to complete a wet rig setup around the bb3 and TI tip / low temp cap but I think the vapman has completed my dry rig setup. @VGOODIEZ managed to keep the walnut finished vapman's in stock long enough for me to snag one and with my pear I think I will be set for a good long while :)
Appreciate the support. I just had a conversation with Rene this morning over email. He continues to make units available to me. He said we are the only retailer in North and South America and unless the business it handed over to someone else, he had no plans to add others. So you guys are stuck with me I guess! I feel very honored! And thrilled that he is working on more species. Stay tuned!

Appreciate the support. I just had a conversation with Rene this morning over email. He continues to make units available to me. He said we are the only retailer in North and South America and unless the business it handed over to someone else, he had no plans to add others. So you guys are stuck with me I guess! I feel very honored! And thrilled that he is working on more species. Stay tuned!

Did he mention if he was going to be making any more concentrate screens? I considered making some myself but was curious if you'd be getting any more.

movies

Loving the Yew so much now. Thanks Dattisso! I took it out of the J hook and have been using it native again. Super pleasurable experience.

Great news! My experiences with your store so far has been incredible, so I'm extremely happy to hear you will be receiving more stock. I plan on buying a couple concentrate screens, and hopefully no more than one or two new models along with some wood stems.

I don't use concentrates myself, but the idea of just loading nothing but kief into the bowl directly seems like a recipe for disaster. I imagine I'd inhale tons of kief before it even vaporized on the first hit, not to mention the mess it'd probably make in the legs under the bowl. So until I get a concentrate screen I only trust flower in my Vapmans. I'm sad I can't get actual hash around me- it's nothing but concentrates, shatter, glass, etc. and I am personally not a fan. I really miss getting bubble hash on the rare occasions it'd be available to me, but it's been years and years now since I've seen it.

cgod

Still can't get over how amazing the Vapman works with concentrates, delightful!
I gave my yew Vapman a clean today, as best as I could, having a small issue though, the left screw at the side doesn't screw open or closed no matter how hot it gets, think the concentrate has made the issue worse but the bolts gone I think, I managed to get the other open and lifted the screen a tad bit and cleaned underneath, gave the top side a nice deep clean with an ISO cotton bud and warm water.
My herb chamber has gone dirty! Any tips on getting it clean of gunk? Iso cotton bud doesn't seem to work when warm

Bolano

@cgod, Using a magic sponge is regularly recommended on this thread.
When I first started out with the vapman before the screens became available a loaded hash directly into the chamber. It got pretty messy with lots of residue from my sessions coating the chamber.
A magic sponge with a little warm water made it look like new again.

I think @OF explained before that the magic sponges are made with some sort of glue that lifts the residue from surfaces without leaving any harmful chemicals behind. The end result is the chamber looks as good as new after a good clean with no effect on performance or taste.

cgod

@cgod, Using a magic sponge is regularly recommended on this thread.
When I first started out with the vapman before the screens became available a loaded hash directly into the chamber. It got pretty messy with lots of residue from my sessions coating the chamber.
A magic sponge with a little warm water made it look like new again.

I think @OF explained before that the magic sponges are made with some sort of glue that lifts the residue from surfaces without leaving any harmful chemicals behind. The end result is the chamber looks as good as new after a good clean with no effect on performance or taste.
Thank you !

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
*lol* With three stations, one in the office and two at home, I now feel Saudi-Arab-Money-Rich. Crazy that they became so expensive in the meantime! This could replace my pension fund one day...

However, the Vapman is also great without a station. Such a pity that Rene had to stop the business. The Vapman is clearly one of the top 10 classic vaporizers of all time. Every enthusiast should own at least one.

Last edited:

OF

Close enough I suspect. It's Melamine foam. Melamine is a 'standard' glue for woodworkers:

The 'blow' it into foam and let it harden that way. It's somewhat flexible, but also very brittle, especially with the thin walls of the bubbles. So when we gently scrub with it it tends to 'scoop up' debris in it's pores and then break away leaving fresh sharp edges. The material itself is too soft to scratch. Purely mechanical, not a chemical kind of thing. Some debris, but no residual chemicals. Very cool.

One clever Member cuts it into one inch or so squares and uses all four conrners, a practice I adopted.

BTW no need to spend the big bucks on the genuine Magic Eraser, there are lots of generic versions on EBay and Amazon that are the same?

Regards to all.

OF

hinglemccringleberry

My Tinymight and bricks are going to be gathering dust. Honestly wasn't the biggest fan of the Tinymight anyways. Hate using batteries, the hits are less satisfying to me than with my bricks, but really now that I'm getting the Vapman down better than ever
This is craziness. I'll "store" the TM for you, let me PM you my address:)
In this thread, the mainstream consensus across cannabis vape forums that "convection is far superior" collapses. This is literally the only vape enthusiast thread on the internet in 2020 where people are absolutely smitten with conduction vapor/flavor and will gladly shelf incredible devices like the Tinymight, which I would never in my right mind spend that much money on only to never use it again because of the VM. I mean, I have been a skeptic of the convection hype for years now, but that's just going too far.

Can someone elaborate on the wood signature of the VM? The problem I had with the Sticky Brick was me not being a fan of any sort of wood signature whatsoever. This is why my all titanium Dynavap is my daily driver and something I will enjoy for life. A freshly cleaned Ti VC has all the flavor and efficiency I could ever ask for.
I like my vapes like I like my audio speakers - completely neutral, letting me experience the content the way the sound engineer (or in this case the pot grower) intended.
The VM gets high marks for achieving this, but at the same time I've seen a comment about the "fresh out of the box wood signature" that "goes away eventually"... IME, wood signatures don't go away. Your pallete just gets used to it and ignores it. But this isn't what I'm after. Which VM wood type should I go with if I don't want any wood signature at all?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
In this thread, the mainstream consensus across cannabis vape forums that "convection is far superior" collapses. This is literally the only thread on the internet in 2020 where people are absolutely smitten with conduction vapor/flavor and will gladly shelf incredible devices like the Tinymight, which I would never in my right mind spend that much money on only to never use it again because the VM exists. I mean, yes I have been a skeptic of convection hype for years now, but that's just going too far.

Can someone elaborate on the wood signature of the VM? The one thing that turned me off to the Sticky Brick was me not being a fan of any sort of wood signature whatsoever. This is why my all titanium Dynavap is my daily driver and something I will enjoy for life. A freshly cleaned VC has all the flavor and efficiency I could ever ask for.
I like my vapes like I like my audio speakers - completely neutral, letting me experience the content the way the sound engineer (or in this case the pot grower) intended.
The VM gets high marks for achieving this, but at the same time I've seen a comment about the "fresh out of the box wood signature" that "goes away eventually"... IME, wood signatures don't go away. Your pallete just gets used to it and ignores it. But this isn't what I'm after. Which VM wood type should I go with if I don't want any wood signature at all?

To answer your main question, go for the basic pear tree, that's what I have and it tastes totally neutral to me, walnut however always has a taste in my experience, that takes a little time to break in... I haven't tried my yew tree wpa yet so I can't speak about that variety now but will be able to... For the vapman, the actual vapor creation is all just metal, but it's the vapor pathway that runs through the wood (so you could conceivably make your own mouthpiece out of another material, depending on your capability?)

Also I have become a pure convection on demand snob, largely thanks to RBT beta testing and yeah now tinymight not to mention logs, bricks, vapbong... However I find the vapman to be a unique pleasure, very pure conduction experience for flavor and effects, probably more so than the vapcap though they do have a similar signature (disclaimer I only have the OG all glass vapcap, sold my earlier TiWoody and OmniVonG as I just could not get the hang of the Ti tips) I suppose for me vapcap and vapman are more for fun to mix things up, not vapes that I'd necessarily rely on at all personally... Having said that, the new Firewood7 I shared a glimpse of earlier, has quickly become one of my tippy tops, despite its predominantly conduction design!

So yeah I will now admit convection versus conduction does not necessarily matter, it really depends on the specific vape... I think I have come to realize that an effective design with pure materials, and ultimately vapor quality performance, is what matters most!

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
In this thread, the mainstream consensus across cannabis vape forums that "convection is far superior" collapses. This is literally the only vape enthusiast thread on the internet in 2020 where people are absolutely smitten with conduction vapor/flavor and will gladly shelf incredible devices like the Tinymight, which I would never in my right mind spend that much money on only to never use it again because of the VM. I mean, I have been a skeptic of the convection hype for years now, but that's just going too far.

Can someone elaborate on the wood signature of the VM? The problem I had with the Sticky Brick was me not being a fan of any sort of wood signature whatsoever. This is why my all titanium Dynavap is my daily driver and something I will enjoy for life. A freshly cleaned Ti VC has all the flavor and efficiency I could ever ask for.

I first owned two mica version for years and I hardly noticed some sort of wood signature right out of the box and perhaps at the very first bowls. It also depends if you use the pom or wood mouthpiece, last one adds to the wood taste/flavor notably! And with mica there is no charring of the bottom part (which is not a problem in general, but could smell at the beginning) But i find that with continuouse use, the Vapman gets more of a pleasant flower/resin/terpy signature more and more - really enjoyable! When I got my first basic walnut, I tried it with the torch for the first bowls and there was a clear wood-charing signature and i decided to use the basic exclusively with the station. Although I know that the wood signature will diminish when the charing process is finished after some bowls. I would highly recommend the mica version if you want to get sure. And try it with the glass mouthpice from mflb :tup:

Last edited:

Gourmet

I agree that if you do not like the taste of wood, you will be better off with a Classic and glass or POM mouthpiece.

Personally, I like the wood on my lips the most, it feels right and natural to me. But I don't like the smell of wood in the vapour either. :D
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One clever Member cuts it into one inch or so squares and uses all four conrners, a practice I adopted.
I do it in a similar way at the latest after every 4 or 5 uses. :tup:

reinigung magic eraser.JPG

The pans stay nice and golden even after years. (ok, I could give the walnut a better polish, the camera sees this more precisely than my old eyes ;))

(walnut
ash / yew
ebony)
Vapman Quatro.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

I agree with the view that the mica shield of the classic adds a lot by keeping the wood from heating. And I also agree the original pear is hard to identify. The wood in the mid section is another 'wild card' in that it's exposed to the heated vapor/air in use. And the screen and even the screws that hold it, conducts heat in and chars it somewhat. However, that part soon gets coated with condensate and thus is sealed off from the air/vapor flow. I also think the linseed oil finish on the classic (not on the basic) helps by sealing the wood so you don't smell it, taste has a lot to do with smell you know? Notice how the guys you know with no taste often smell very bad?

So, if you want 'the pure VM experience' I concur, go with the classic Pear.

So yeah I will now admit convection versus conduction does not necessarily matter, it really depends on the specific vape... I think I have come to realize that an effective design with pure materials, and ultimately vapor quality performance, is what matters most!

Amen what you just said. We've been convinced by slick sales types convection is always superior and worth more money to 'those who know'. Obviously not always so, but 'I read it on the web'........

This mindset even went so far as to get a batch of very loyal VM fans to insist it really is convection don't you know? You just don't understand how vapes work, the 3 tubes are heating the incoming air....... It's in this thread about two years back (?). Since VM is so good, it must be convection? We went round and round and finally Rene stepped in and set the record straight. He oughta know.

I'm of the school that convection vapes in general are easier to keep really clean so give 'clean taste' more often.

Keep your VM clean, explore technique and it will astound you with it's potential. As a word of advice to new owners, don't be shy with trying more heat. Even up to combustion, which is not really fatal. Clever design of the copper pan helps provide extra heat to support the hit, but that is limited. Only by trying higher heats can you decide what's best for you. Not always used, of course, but it's good to know the potential.

Regards to all.

OF

Top Bottom