Vapman

OF

Can you use linseed oil meant for painting for this?

Yup, that's the stuff. You want 'Boiled', raw takes forever to dry. Avoid fancy stuff with 'Japan driers', which as the name implies is useful, but many of the driers are toxic.....not what you want to be heating and sucking around?

You can get small jars/cans at hardware stores. Or Sporting Goods stores for use with gun stocks. Or Art Supply shops (expensive there). I put it on, a few drops at a time with a rag. There's a video of VM doing this somewhere 'out there' in web land. Several thin coats, with drying between, does an amazing job (as you see on the finished VMs).

It will soak in (military rifle stocks are immersed for days), we use several thin coats, old timers rub the few drops in by had (literally with their fingers, kinda messy). This should do an excellent job:
https://www.amazon.com/Furniture-Cl...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Regards to all.

OF

jbm

OF

So this would also be good for use on other wood vapes such as Milaanas or Splinters?

Should be great, unless they're already varnished or otherwise finished. If so a light sanding with 400 (to say 600) grit sandpaper should fix that and let the oil soak into the wood. There it hardens (inside the wood cells) and bonds to the surface finish, the reason it's such a bang up finish for stuff like this.

OF

SquanchKava

Yes, it looks very nice! Did you dissamble anything for rubbing it in?

@OF (or anyone) I have Holzbutter / Wood Butter, brand is Renuwell - that could work too? I use it for my Dynavaps. Would leave out the airpath of middle section I guess.

No I didn't disassemble, I just worked it around to all exposed wood I could get to. In the future I may strip it down and linseed or tru oil it like I have done with some unfinshed guitar bodies. I will just keep coating it with Sticky Brick juice for now as it is like a new love where you want to spend all your time with it. I just can't get over the potency of this little thing, even with CBD flower. I haven't want to use my other vapes.

This rig worked out great run dry. It cooled the vapor down nicely.

Last edited:

DogBoy

know fear
...I too grieve...LoLoL...!!!...

...I just hope I can score another Vapman for Brother Vinnie at some point...

...mine just arrived from VGZ and it has opened a whole new dimension of vaping to me...

...I am glad I did not miss this...sometymes less is more...I just caught a buzz from scraps...

Choices

No I didn't disassemble, I just worked it around to all exposed wood I could get to. In the future I may strip it down and linseed or tru oil it like I have done with some unfinshed guitar bodies. I will just keep coating it with Sticky Brick juice for now as it is like a new love where you want to spend all your time with it. I just can't get over the potency of this little thing, even with CBD flower. I haven't want to use my other vapes.

This rig worked out great run dry. It cooled the vapor down nicely.
Thank you for posting this pic. I completely forgot my Vapman fits in a 14mm opening. I will need to take a turn tonight using my Sneaky Pete Mini Globe and Vapman. I also am fortunate to have a Station so this could get interesting for sure!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I noticed that there are still plenty of places selling them online :)).. Maybe i should make a list of them one of these days ,there are some really awesome etched ones at VDNM.
products-en-vapman-branded-endless-knots_5~2.jpg

I really like this vape so far. It hits surprisingly hard given the light vapor it produces. I've become a bit of a cloud chaser lately, but I actually like how gentle the vapor is with the Vapman, and the flavor is very good too. I enjoy the ritual and I'm slowly getting the hang of it more and more. And of course, the design & craftsmanship are fantastic. This is definitely a vape to treasure.

OF

I really like this vape so far. It hits surprisingly hard given the light vapor it produces. I've become a bit of a cloud chaser lately, but I actually like how gentle the vapor is with the Vapman, and the flavor is very good too. I enjoy the ritual and I'm slowly getting the hang of it more and more. And of course, the design & craftsmanship are fantastic. This is definitely a vape to treasure.

Another one broke the code. Somebody better get to him and show him the secret hand sign before he blabs it all over town.......

OF

Choices

@letter never sent I’m guessing from your name you must be a big REM fan? If that makes no sense, I can explain... Anyhow, if you can in any way secure a Station, perhaps one of the in the EU stock, I would strongly encourage it. If you lived close by and there wasn’t COVID-19 I’d drive it over so you could try it out. It is so enjoyable to have the consistency I could never achieve using a torch. Now that distinction is my own shortcoming as many people get tremendous results from the VM using the Honest torch. I have myself, just not every single time like I do with the Station. So where ya live?:)

@letter never sent I’m guessing from your name you must be a big REM fan? If that makes no sense, I can explain... Anyhow, if you can in any way secure a Station, perhaps one of the in the EU stock, I would strongly encourage it. If you lived close by and there wasn’t COVID-19 I’d drive it over so you could try it out. It is so enjoyable to have the consistency I could never achieve using a torch. Now that distinction is my own shortcoming as many people get tremendous results from the VM using the Honest torch. I have myself, just not every single time like I do with the Station. So where ya live?:)

Haha yeah, it is an REM reference!

I do want to try to get my hands on a station at some point. It looks great. I'm definitely getting good results with my Honest torch though.

passenger

is this thing on?
Ok, be careful with Woodbutter / Holzbutter on your Vapman. The smell now... the little buddy is fubar now maybe - if that smell won't go away, it's maybe useble for spare parts. Dang.
I was hesitating to butter my other basic, glad i did not wreck both. :(
For the wood working expirienced: Think it's possible to get rid of the smell by sealing it with linseed oil?
Other way that comes to my mind is, dissambling that Vapman completely, soaking the wooden parts in acetone, rinse, another acetone bath, letting it dry and finish it off with a linseed oils seal then.
Shit happens I guess.

sirwalter

Ok, be careful with Woodbutter / Holzbutter on your Vapman. The smell now... the little buddy is fubar now maybe - if that smell won't go away, it's maybe useble for spare parts. Dang.
I was hesitating to butter my other basic, glad i did not wreck both. :(
For the wood working expirienced: Think it's possible to get rid of the smell by sealing it with linseed oil?
Other way that comes to my mind is, dissambling that Vapman completely, soaking the wooden parts in acetone, rinse, another acetone bath, letting it dry and finish it off with a linseed oils seal then.
Shit happens I guess.

Thats a bummer..I have been tempted to try using similar stuff on my unfinished vapman too. I'm certainly no expert but when Ive used woodbutter in the past I've always found that it eventually seems to evaporate and need to be reapplied. The problem might solve itself if you give it a few weeks or so to air out.

Choices

Yeah I never have picked up on much of a “Soup Nazi” from Seinfeld vibe from the creator so I think you’re okay. lol
On a side note, I just now realized if I line up the Vapman name etched in the wood of my Basic Model so it faces me, I can lower it straight down into my Station and it lines up perfectly. I mean it can go in effectively three ways but using this method it never bangs the air holes on anything. Is this in the manual? I confess I’ve never read it. Did I just get lucky or are they all aligned this way? Station owners, react to me! Tell me what you’re thinking! :lol:

buckhakeesah

I want to say thanks to Rene for creating such an amazing experience with the vapman. It was my first butane vape that started my journey. I just received my station today and its wonderful like all his creations. Thank you @flammy for your recent comments that took me over the fence to finally grab one and just in time. It's truly one of the best vaporizers on the market for taste and I was finally able to achieve that fantastic vapor again even with my old gummed up walnut body. I ordered a new body section just in case but I don't think I'm gonna need it. I guess I can dedicate one to hash/oil and one just for flower moving forward. I hate myself for waiting so long to acquire one. This vaporizer is one of a few that gives me with those proustian moments that I long for in life. Long live Vapman!

Last edited:
Top Bottom