Vapman

sternenstaub

Thanks for that detailed reply, René! I came up with that question when I looked at The Beagle's posting here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-275#post-1080874
When I saw the ABV I was wondering about the dark colour considering the lowest setting. Good to know that you can do as many cycles as you appreciate without heating the material close to combustion.

vapman

Manufacturer
Thanks @vapman, very useful answer!

I use the station almost always at its lowest setting, could you please give me an estimate of the temperature interval here?

I have to confess, we never used a thermometer to check the actual temperature inside the herb chamber. The time span from cold to hot is so short, too short to get a reliable and repeatable result. The only way to find out what is really going on inside the bowl was to fill it with herbs and checking the AVB's after. A very simple but most effective method. There are four parameters influencing the result: The temperature of the docking part, the mass (weight) of the docking part, contact surface between bowl and docking part and the heating time. It took a long time and countless tests to find the right combination, we even dropped the whole project for over a year because we did not get a satisfying result. For a while I was even thinking, that it is not possible to make it usable and meeting the safety standards at the same time. It is amazing how close success and failure can be, changing a little bit here and turning a wheel a tiny bit there and the day looks completely different. Imagine how many factors have to be right to fly to the moon, do the landing and come back again!

In this regard, the development of the station taught me a great lesson in life, it is almost philosophical:

When you think everything in life is shit and nothing is working out the way you wish, don't forget, your luck is very often just around the corner! These are great words I am taking in my mouth and I know, it is not easy to believe in success when things are going up shit creek, but our luck is very often just around the corner and the weight of a feather can turn things around, in both ways I must say!

Anyway, to get back to your initial question...:lol:...side tracking at its best....I guess that the temperature on setting 1 might be around 140°C on the first cycle and going up to 170°C after a few cycles.
The best temperature indicator are the AVB's. Remember, herbs never lie!;)

BTW, if someone wishes lower temperatures than on setting 1 (aroma therapy), just lift off vapman before the green light comes on.

I wish everyone a good start in to the new week!:)

vapman

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
It took a long time and countless tests to find the right combination, we even dropped the whole project for over a year because we did not get a satisfying result. For a while I was even thinking, that it is not possible to make it usable and meeting the safety standards at the same time.

Oh wow, reading this makes me even happier about having purchased a Station when I had the chance.
When you see a device perform so flawlessly is hard to realize all the challenges and work behind it.

I guess that the temperature on setting 1 might be around 140°C on the first cycle and going up to 170°C after a few cycles.

Thanks, this officially makes the Vapman my favorite vape at low temperatures.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
In this regard, the development of the station taught me a great lesson in life, it is almost philosophical:

When you think everything in life is shit and nothing is working out the way you wish, don't forget, your luck is very often just around the corner! These are great words I am taking in my mouth and I know, it is not easy to believe in success when things are going up shit creek, but our luck is very often just around the corner and the weight of a feather can turn things around, in both ways I must say!...

I wish everyone a good start in to the new week!:)

vapman
The Universe has used René to speak to THIS René, using words that are ringing so LOUDLY with TRUTH, for me.

Maybe for all Renés.

sternenstaub

It is amazing how close success and failure can be, changing a little bit here and turning a wheel a tiny bit there and the day looks completely different. Imagine how many factors have to be right to fly to the moon, do the landing and come back again!

When you think everything in life is shit and nothing is working out the way you wish, don't forget, your luck is very often just around the corner! These are great words I am taking in my mouth and I know, it is not easy to believe in success when things are going up shit creek, but our luck is very often just around the corner and the weight of a feather can turn things around, in both ways I must say!

So true. And luck is often under estimated in life. You can not expect to hit it off in the first attempt with everything. When you know you keep on trying, the inbetween failures are just steps to take. I like that point of view!

Anyway, to get back to your initial question...:lol:...side tracking at its best....I guess that the temperature on setting 1 might be around 140°C on the first cycle and going up to 170°C after a few cycles.
The best temperature indicator are the AVB's. Remember, herbs never lie!;)

BTW, if someone wishes lower temperatures than on setting 1 (aroma therapy), just lift off vapman before the green light comes on.

Nice to know my Station a little more. When buying it, I thought I'll maybe use it from to time as I like the torchwork a lot, but at home it's Station only inbetween. After a while you simply know when you want to lift off the Vapman a little earlier or later. It happens intuitively and is as fun as with the torch. Great to see a timeline set for the black one, I thought it's on hold?

Have a nice day @all

OF

Herbs are analog.

:D

I've been enjoying this fun insight, thanks for the post. I agree, they are.

It's got me to thinking, 'getting busted is digital'. There's a lot of variables but there's a clear yes/no dividing line involving uncomfortable bracelets and discussion of a guy with a funny name you never met.....

The key, I think, is staying 'on the sweet side' of that line.

OF

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Abused or well used either way she's treated me, just fine.
Mar 17 will be our 2 yr anniversary.
Thanks rene' & mojo for getting my precious to me.
vz9LLCJ.jpg

OF

Abused or well used either way she's treated me, just fine.
Mar 17 will be our 2 yr anniversary.

"A lot of tough miles, not all of them paved". Fun device, VM, at once a dependable tool and good friend. Function and art. Very responsive to user control.

Special, and I don't mean the short bus version of that. Not for everyone, and you do have to give it an honest chance. Those that have experienced it know that already I guess, and those that haven't can at best think they understand...........

OF

OF

You must forgive me, I've recently restocked magnificent flowers in Holland.

Nothing to forgive, provided you brought enough for everyone.......

In fact, I'd say that makes you a great guy and all around swell fellow.

Haha. Perfectly understandable. ;)

Sure is, given you guys look so much alike. I make the same mistake myself.......

OF

So I recently joined the ranks of Vapman fans. Bought a nice little vapman from @mephisto . Took me a few runs to get a method down, but I have quickly come to love this little vape. It's taken a firm place in my nightly ritual. And you guys are so right -- there's just something about palming and finessing this little jewel that makes a session somehow more...special.

xMIOF4q.jpg

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Vapman news!

I got these two stems as a surprise.

I'm going to add them to my website soon, but I'm still in the planning stage.

These don't even have the locking pins yet...

What do you guys think?

5W65x67.jpg

Yi0l5Hl.jpg

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
Vapman news!

I got these two stems as a surprise.

I'm going to add them to my website soon, but I'm still in the planning stage.

These don't even have the locking pins yet...

What do you guys think?

5W65x67.jpg

Yi0l5Hl.jpg

What do I think? I think it looks like a fun Saturday night :brow:

But seriously, I love the look of each. Does the short spiral one fit inside the egg? And does the long one help cool the vapor more than a standard stem?

M0J0

I
What do I think? I think it looks like a fun Saturday night :brow:

But seriously, I love the look of each. Does the short spiral one fit inside the egg? And does the long one help cool the vapor more than a standard stem?
I haven't tested them yet because they're not completed. (no locking pins yet). But the length (7.5 mm), should cool it down more. I'll sacrifice myself and do some testing soon. ;):science:

It won't fit in the egg.

The idea behind these is to make them longer and different enough to make them worthwhile to get. Anything that would fit in the egg wouldn't be much different than the standard mouthpiece, so why bother? Just use the standard.

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
I can follow the logic behind it not fitting in the egg. :doh: Just was hoping it would for easier travel.

I do agree that I would call them worth while. Like the spiral one just a bit more than the long skinny one. But you know what they say girth over length and it's ribbed.:razz:

Thank you for making the sacrifice in testing them. Don't take too long. :myday:

M0J0

I can follow the logic behind it not fitting in the egg. :doh: Just was hoping it would for easier travel.

I do agree that I would call them worth while. Like the spiral one just a bit more than the long skinny one. But you know what they say girth over length and it's ribbed.:razz:

Thank you for making the sacrifice in testing them. Don't take too long. :myday:
We can work on one that fits in the egg no problem.

I'll show you something else soon.

Thanks for the feedback!

Top Bottom