Vapman

186°

Of course i will!

I tried to let the vapman more time after the green light but the results where similar

Another thing: I don´t know if the yellow and red light are similimar but i´m a little colorblind and i dont diferentiate them, so i try to let the vapman and see if the light starts to blink or it becomes white (or keep me watching it until i see the "light position" changing :lol:)
I think it should be possible to change the colors of the LED. They sure don't have the capacity to give every person the color palette of their choice, but colorblindness is a very solid reason to ask whether they (INHALE) can change it for you.

kokolokokolokon

I think it should be possible to change the colors of the LED. They sure don't have the capacity to give every person the color palette of their choice, but colorblindness is a very solid reason to ask whether they (INHALE) can change it for you.
I told them in case they can. Even adding a blue light instead a yellow light would solve the problem in general (in case more colorblind people buy it)

Dr. G

Old Resident
The Vapman has always worked for me and I have never had to adjust anything or download updates, or just plain WORRY. I am so happy with the Vapman...it is the most simple, yet the most affective for me. Vapman is real...it is the real deal. The perfect vape and now with the Station...forget about it. See ya later!

PS A big deal of my loving this Vape...is the team that makes it happen. Michael, David, Rene...are just really badass players. Continued success...

n0tu2

I have many of the heavy hitters and a ball vape yadda,yadda - so definitely was not expecting anything crushing from the vapman -but- what I wanted was some pure flavor chasing and maybe even a light buzz out of it?

I picked up the olive wood 2.0 to fill this purpose. Mine also has no branding, no 'made in Italy' either. Not like the picture shows which was disappointing. No manual either, just all in the plastic egg with the screen and a tiny brush. What's up with that?

Took about 3 or so bowls practice pushing it a little more each time (didn't want to combust) and I have/familiar w. dynavaps, etc. Finally got some decent vapor out of it. Pretty confident I'm doing it right and not a newbie at this.. but it has a distinct wood odor when cold and when heated it's pretty much all I taste along with some of the strains flavor mixed together.

Anyone have any torch tips for best flavor? I have a few noname single flames and an Honest as well. Flame length is set correct. I tried the 3 on 3 off 3x which gave the best 'get it done' results but all I smell or taste is the warm olive wood odor - also on my fingers from holding it. I tried the previous posts 'no preheat' method (7 second then..5.5 second, etc.) after first 7 seconds heat def no vapor ..maybe a wisp, nothin just that warm olive woody taste and some strain taste. 2 or 3 more 5.5sec go's later it tastes done to me and woody, lol. Wondering if I got a dud or this is how it is? I was expecting amazing pure flavor blasts each re-heat but so far not getting that. Before anyone asks if its the strain no.. same strain in a TM or Venty blasts flavor/taste.

Does the olive wood smell go away?

No disrepect to it in any way.. really want to get the most out of it just not getting results that others are saying about it. So far feeling a little let down and no way would I pay almost 400 for a heating can for it.

Anyone care to post your complete method start to finish? Is it just not for me?

Zagala

I have many of the heavy hitters and a ball vape yadda,yadda - so definitely was not expecting anything crushing from the vapman -but- what I wanted was some pure flavor chasing and maybe even a light buzz out of it?

I picked up the olive wood 2.0 to fill this purpose. Mine also has no branding, no 'made in Italy' either. Not like the picture shows which was disappointing. No manual either, just all in the plastic egg with the screen and a tiny brush. What's up with that?

Took about 3 or so bowls practice pushing it a little more each time (didn't want to combust) and I have/familiar w. dynavaps, etc. Finally got some decent vapor out of it. Pretty confident I'm doing it right and not a newbie at this.. but it has a distinct wood odor when cold and when heated it's pretty much all I taste along with some of the strains flavor mixed together.

Anyone have any torch tips for best flavor? I have a few noname single flames and an Honest as well. Flame length is set correct. I tried the 3 on 3 off 3x which gave the best 'get it done' results but all I smell or taste is the warm olive wood odor - also on my fingers from holding it. I tried the previous posts 'no preheat' method (7 second then..5.5 second, etc.) after first 7 seconds heat def no vapor ..maybe a wisp, nothin just that warm olive woody taste and some strain taste. 2 or 3 more 5.5sec go's later it tastes done to me and woody, lol. Wondering if I got a dud or this is how it is? I was expecting amazing pure flavor blasts each re-heat but so far not getting that. Before anyone asks if its the strain no.. same strain in a TM or Venty blasts flavor/taste.

No disrepect to it in any way.. really want to get the most out of it just not getting results that others are saying about it. So far feeling a little let down and no way would I pay almost 400 for a heating can for it.

Anyone care to post your complete method start to finish? Is it just not for me?
Did you try their Reddit account, there is a thread there with some examples that can be very helpful. Vapman cookbook:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Like most wood vapes, continued use will season the wood with reclaim and the olive notes should fade. Mine was pretty taste neutral from the start but I chose a pear wood partly for that reason.

Anyone have any torch tips for best flavor?
I say get the Vapman lighter. I’ve got four butane vapes in general rotation and use specific torches for three of them. The length might be right but width matters too. <<Insert witty penis joke here.>> When in doubt, go with the original kit.

Anyone care to post your complete method?
I mostly use mine for hash and do four seconds on, three off for charas. Three cycles for the initial heat up then two cycles each heat thereafter. But it’s all trial and error until you find your groove.

Is it just not for me?
Stick with it. The VM is surprisingly versatile. As a flavor guy, I would never heat a conduction vape as aggressively as below, but Custom gonna Custom. Good luck!

n0tu2

Did you try their Reddit account, there is a thread there with some examples that can be very helpful. Vapman cookbook:

I didn't see that, will check it. Thank you!

Like most wood vapes, continued use will season the wood with reclaim and the olive notes should fade. Mine was pretty taste neutral from the start but I chose a pear wood partly for that reason.

Just stick with it— the VM is surprisingly versatile. As a flavor guy, I would never heat a conduction vape as aggressively as below, but Custom gonna Custom. Good luck!

Not giving up 😉 will keep at it.. 6 bowls in already.. getting better at it. Definitely different then a dyna type. I have some nice hash rosin but don't want to go and dirty it all up just yet.

Vapman just takes time to learn. If you pointing tip of flame to tip of heating chamber - one of two right ways to heat with torch already chosen.

Now it will take time to know the red lines, to stop heating.
You can go up to line of almost combust.
Or your red line is unpleasant, harsh vapor. Or whatever your will discover during the using of Vapman.

Dynavap is the king of learning different techniques, discovering different vectors of vaping and to go to next device.
Analog device, that yours knobs of control are angles, airstream, nature of heat, level of heat, point of heat, distance of heat, movement before the draw, movement during, materials at self, different builds - you can play with a lot of knobs - all analog, so your level of control also benefits from your hands, that are in constant improvement.
Perfect tool to learn your taste in weed extraction, learn the essence of it, and to move to device that will serve you better. Or stay if it’s perfect.

Vapman also have with pedagogical stuff but more mental way. You start deal with time. Source of Heat, Point of Heat, Time, Airstream.
It’s sort of more profound, than Dynavap, but in total Vapman have less knobs.
For example, in case of overheating with Dynavap you can cool done small dose, that move freely in chamber by spinning it during the draw (with spinning mouthpiece - super-easy).
In Vapman it’s not exist.

Sometimes some knob is opposite of Dynavap - for example, speed of air-stream. Dynavap: you get higher airstream speed - you get higher temperature. Vapman:
higher speed of airstream cool done the chamber.

So Vapman have different approach. Meditative. You still learn and search your extraction way, but it’s more observe and think, then technical stuff, troubleshooting or induction-heater-VAS.

One of the changes from dynavap - I stopped to count “high” by visibility of clouds and started chase slow extraction.
Slow extraction and fast extraction - it’s like big-cutted and small-cutted salad. In slow extraction you taste all ingredients in kind of separation.

Still I get very dark avb in the end, but if I get visible clouds on 2nd heating cycle or even 1st - I heated too much.
I’m microdoser - 17mg dose - long draws of 30-40 seconds, so by default ain’t no big clouds.
So what I learned (and it took time - about couple weeks) is temperature control by taste of vapor.
Dividing the extraction for 8 parts. First and second heating cycle not too overheat - understanding where I’m with temperature. 4th heating cycle - already to start to feel high - and with 7th and 8th to give little bit more heat to finish the bowl.

I’m giving the numbers of heating cycles, but actually there is no counts already. I just repeat the process, and feel by taste and harshness if I need to add more temperature next cycle, or less, or next cycle suppose to be fatality.

Wow, stop. It was good Platinum Jack)))

BTW
Unpleasant taste of wood will disappear after 10 days, 2 weeks. You still will get flavour of olive wood, but it will became pretty nice taste.

The lighter - take the most noisy small torch, that you have. The noise indicate how much butane the lighter shot per time. In my case Honest louder then Vapman torch.

Touch the heating chamber with whitest area of flame. To get little bit deeper to the flame more forgivable, then to get little bit out of flame. I loose 1/6 of flame efficiency on first millimetre and need to add 1 second more in my case. And avb became not so solid colour.

Enjoy your Vapman!
It’s just take time to learn.

Last edited:

passenger

is this thing on?
I picked up the olive wood 2.0 to fill this purpose. Mine also has no branding, no 'made in Italy' either. Not like the picture shows which was disappointing.
Back in the day, when the Vapman was made in Switzerland, only the special editions were made without the branding. It was like a feature. Then in the end I recall even most standard versions came without it but not a 100% sure here. I wouldn't mind no branding as there won't ever be counterfeit Vapman around, as production of Vapman is too expensive. Your view on it might differ of course but for me it is more special. I was happy to receive an unbranded wood case in amaranth and thought it was a special gift actually!
I was expecting amazing pure flavor blasts each re-heat but so far not getting that. Before anyone asks if its the strain no.. same strain in a TM or Venty blasts flavor/taste.
I'm pretty sure you'll get there after getting used to it. Taste is pretty great, keep in mind that conduction taste varies from convection taste a bit.
I bet it will. Especially as you are having the 2.0 which has an inlined middle section. Walnut I always taste a bit but my Olive is pretty pure tasting and isn't inlined.
Heating can? How dare you call this church of Zen a heating can! ;)
So may ways to rock this one! If you look up the heating method of Vapelife X (can anyone link that, I did not find it) for example for a different approach... I am very happy with the station. Lighter is also great of course.

186°

So may ways to rock this one! If you look up the heating method of Vapelife X (can anyone link that, I did not find it) for example for a different approach... I am very happy with the station. Lighter is also great of course.

I think, you mean this videos: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/post-1676446

For me, his way of heating is too aggressive. My most important recommendations for beginners when heating the Vapman with a (Vapman) lighter are:
- rather too little than too much heat
- flame as small as possible
- tip to tip
- never heat longer than 3 seconds at a time
- always wait 3-4 seconds between the heating pulses
- really: take your time; don't get distracted
- use all your senses to recognize feedback from the device: look at developing vapor, smell, feel and taste in between
- by the time you will find your own technique (mine is always evolving and changing) and you can get more aggressive with the heating and "ride the line" if you want.

Even smallest variations in my procedure have influence on the taste. I like that, it's a little bit different every time.

Last edited:

passenger

is this thing on?
Yes. Definitely riding the edge there and I am not doing this as well - just to show it's possible.
Even smallest variations in my procedure have influence on the taste. I like that, it's a little bit different every time.
That's true. Just want to point out that with the station you can dial it in to repeat the exact experience every time which is pretty neat.

DrShoe

(And i dont see the point about making reheats to get what you want with the station)
It's in the principle of the Station that you need more than one cycle to get visible exhale.
More or less it is all about heat equation between the post and the vapman crucible.
The post is heated to about 330°C and the heat stored in the post is used to heat the crucible. If the crucible has for example 20°C then the post is cooled down by the crucible till they both have the same temp, maybe around 140°C (?). And by the next cycle and the pre heated vapman you can reach higher temperatures.
There is a microcontroller that controls the heating of the post after the vapman is set to the station, but that are just some seconds and is not enough for full heating during the first cycle.
Okay, they can go with a more massive post that can be charged with more heat. By that way i think it would be possible to full heat the vapman with one cycle, but for two good reasons they did not do that: The heatup time from the station would be noticeable longer and you will risk combusting your goodies if you let the vapman in it for too long.
This too is the reason giving some extra Seconds did not work during the first cycles.

Another reason for the weak first puff i thing is in the principle of conduction. The Herbs are a good insulator and it will take some time for the heat to go through the load (the same for the air under the screen if used that way) .

And in the End the Station is a Vapman (Element medical) Product. All products they made work in a way of getting connected to the plant and the moment you are in. And that leaves no space for hurry up. So for me it is not a bug but a special feature of the station.

Peace, love and a warm Vapman! :)

kokolokokolokon

@DrShoe
I can understand that logic at 1-2-3-4 levels… but, when you have a dial with nine levels the point is they are useful.
I find the vapman like a great sipper or a great microdosing vape with torch (I use it with traditional hash). It heats up quickly and you can kill a super tiny amount or just sip it through a few heat ups.

My heat ups for microdosing with hash are around 10/12 seconds (i dont count and i sent my vapman with the station) and for sipping sessions my heat ups are 5/6 seconds.
If I need the double of time of the microdosing time to get “sipper” results with the station, + quit the vapman and put it again. I dont see the point on this.

I mean, the station is a way to make it simpler and easier. If you ask me which is more mess: heating the vapman with the torch or fitting it well in the station 3 times to obtain results...I assure you the station.

I dont want it to be just a one heat heater, but i think the full dial have to be useful.

About the combustion chance. In theory the station calculates (more or less) the temp on your vapman to know the moment it is ready.

Sorry but i see what you say as a excuse. At least in my case with the station. If i use another vape at 210C with hash i can get visible vapor, and, in theory the station reach 230C.

If you need more cycles to reach what you want is not a special feature, is a calibration problem. Is good to say it so they can improve the product.

And in the End the Station is a Vapman (Element medical) Product. All products they made work in a way of getting connected to the plant and the moment you are in. And that leaves no space for hurry up.
And sorry again but this doesn’t tell me anything. “Getting connected…” sounds beautiful…but nothing more.
You say “no space for hurry up” when you say at the same time that a problem of a higher calibration would be a noticeable longer heat up time.

Zak McKracken

Seeing a few of people returning their stations for calibration .Curious about what you experience with the return process.
Mine is an adventure with the Italian Post for 14 days now(took another 5 days to get there from Greece) and of course no tracking updates,how sweet...I had done a pre order for the station which came broken and I am not even going to have the refund for 4/20 do use for discounts...
I really hope it doesn't get lost or sth.

DrShoe

I find the vapman like a great sipper or a great microdosing vape with torch (I use it with traditional hash). It heats up quickly and you can kill a super tiny amount or just sip it through a few heat ups.

My heat ups for microdosing with hash are around 10/12 seconds (i dont count and i sent my vapman with the station) and for sipping sessions my heat ups are 5/6 seconds.
If I need the double of time of the microdosing time to get “sipper” results with the station, + quit the vapman and put it again. I dont see the point on this.
Yeah, there is no question the vapman is made for butane heating and the Station is only a crutch for people who don't want to deal with torches everytime vaping. And it was not an Idea of René to build an electric Heater but a customer who came to the Workshop asking for an alternative way of heating. Using a soldering Iron seems the easiest way, the customer leaves the shop with an instant manufactured adapter for his iron two hours later and the Idea of a controllable Heater was born.

Sorry but i see what you say as a excuse. At least in my case with the station. If i use another vape at 210C with hash i can get visible vapor, and, in theory the station reach 230C.

If you need more cycles to reach what you want is not a special feature, is a calibration problem. Is good to say it so they can improve the product.
I am pretty sure the temperatures shown are just stated to compare with other vapes and are nowhere to be measured. While using the vapman you are alaways surfing in a range of temperatures.

About the calibration: I am not sure what exactly they are calibrating now, if it is the the temperature of the pole or the duration shown with the LED.
But as before: I think that if you put more thermal Energy to the Pole (more mass or higher temp) you are increasing the risk of combusting. I think that during the development it was a kind of first goal not to burn the herbs, even if you are leaving the pre heated vapman on the station showing a green light. (I assume this; Okay, I have to test this..)

We are in 2024 now, maybe it was Time for redesigning with an induction Heater. Anybody here with an Camouflet Induction Heater to test this?

DrShoe,

sedentree

Yeah, there is no question the vapman is made for butane heating and the Station is only a crutch for people who don't want to deal with torches everytime vaping. And it was not an Idea of René to build an electric Heater but a customer who came to the Workshop asking for an alternative way of heating. Using a soldering Iron seems the easiest way, the customer leaves the shop with an instant manufactured adapter for his iron two hours later and the Idea of a controllable Heater was born.

I am pretty sure the temperatures shown are just stated to compare with other vapes and are nowhere to be measured. While using the vapman you are alaways surfing in a range of temperatures.

About the calibration: I am not sure what exactly they are calibrating now, if it is the the temperature of the pole or the duration shown with the LED.
But as before: I think that if you put more thermal Energy to the Pole (more mass or higher temp) you are increasing the risk of combusting. I think that during the development it was a kind of first goal not to burn the herbs, even if you are leaving the pre heated vapman on the station showing a green light. (I assume this; Okay, I have to test this..)

We are in 2024 now, maybe it was Time for redesigning with an induction Heater. Anybody here with an Camouflet Induction Heater to test this?

Doesn’t work well with the Inductor apparently:
Post in thread 'Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet'
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/inductor-desktop-induction-heater-by-camouflet.53786/post-1740493

kokolokokolokon

Yeah, there is no question the vapman is made for butane heating and the Station is only a crutch for people who don't want to deal with torches everytime vaping
but it is the same with other butane vapes with ih. I think is great to have a modular system. You can use a electric heater or a torch. The point is both have to be efficent methods

Remember the vapman is great for hash, and the can can be vaped at 240C (for example), with would be combustion for herb. You can indicate in the instructions levels 7-8-9 (for example) are just for concentrates
PS: i tried to left the vapman in the station with green light after 3 heat ups...no combusting...but, of course...with hash :lol:

Copper and induction heating are not good friends :freak:

kokolokokolokon,

DrShoe

Okay, i have done a quick test:

Fill in .05g cbd bud:

20240419-102151.jpg

Set the Station to 5 and did 3 cycles with about 8 secs of inhale, visible exhale with the second one. Quickly open the vapman:

20240419-103239.jpg

Close it, Set it to the Station, waiting for Green and let it sit for 30 secs. Take a puff and dump the load:

20240419-103332.jpg

Well done...

coolbreeze

...what a lovely place. This is the perfect location to enjoy the Vapman. It is divine this way...enjoy your day it looks like you got a head start indeed. Cheers and thank you for posting your Vapman. What is the wood? What herb did you choose?
Thank you very kindly! It was a beautiful hemlock forest up where the spring flowers are still unfolding. The Vapman is Kotibe and the herbs were Blue Dream that walk. : )

Dr. G

Old Resident
Thank you very kindly! It was a beautiful hemlock forest up where the spring flowers are still unfolding. The Vapman is Kotibe and the herbs were Blue Dream that walk. : )
That sounded poetic...all the right elements...even the name of the Herb...which is a hybrid sativa with hints of blueberry. Perfect. Also, a hemlock forest...it must have smelled really beautiful as well. I love the leaf you placed the Vapman on...perfect photo that should be on their website or social media. Anyway, great post that I enjoyed and thank you.

Top Bottom