Vapman

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
What is the extract box you refer to?
Sorry ... Its the magic flight escape pod stash box ... makes for a beautiful pair with the grinder

Last edited:

T9R

Hot take incoming, sensitive readers beware.

I share the sentiment with many of you that the Vapman is a very versatile and just great vaporizer overall - especially in the flavor department. But for the ones, and I get the impression that there are quite a few here, who've had the privilege to enjoy some fine hashish in it, they'll relate to the sense of purpose-builtness that can leave you admiring the little Swiss (or Italian) piece for seemingly no reason after another late-night session with the dark chocolate.

IMG-20230918-170846324-HDR-3.jpg

Due to these strong feelings, I've tried to tweak my ritual to find what works best for me. And my conclusion is honestly quite upsetting... I'm not talking about some complicated heating cycle or anything like that. No, what I'm trying to say here is that I now simply prefer not using a concentrate screen. *I know, please don't yell at me...* Just straight in - no protection, no fear of repercussions.

IMG-20230918-171643457-HDR-2.jpg

Being a bit old-school, I personally prefer the more traditionally prepared dry sifts, which naturally have a lot less of a melting factor to them than the new "super static, ultra 10x filtered gelato cream x tropical kush". And here I'll gladly take the relatively small amount of extra work in return for what I feel is, despite being a little barbaric, a more pure and refined experience with a stripped down Vapman (that being the vape, not the user - just to be clear).

IMG-20230918-171331607-HDR-2.jpg

However, I must add that if there's a very high percentage of pure trichomes (which is seen as high-grade hash by most people), it simply becomes too much of a mess to not use screens. That's definitely still not worth the hassle IMO. Either one at the bottom or a sandwich, it's case-by-case for me.

Bottom line:

Even though the concentrate screens/sieves don't seem to have a taste by themselves, I find that they do add something when used with hash (new screens, old screens, torched screens - doesn't matter). Perhaps even just a sense of whatever it is, but it's something that I pick up regardless of variety in botanicals - and it has become one of those things that once you've felt it, you really can't unfeel it. The difference between putting one on and going bare is the same driving force that pushed me to sell my Mighty+ after getting to know my first Vapman. So I know there's no going back now.

I just wanted to vent and share this (totally subjective) observation. Take it as you wish. I'd recommend to only try this out for yourself if you're comfortable with possibly having to have a dedicated hashman and everything that comes with it. And make sure to not suffocate the air nozzles!

RxPlorer

Hot take incoming, sensitive readers beware.

I share the sentiment with many of you that the Vapman is a very versatile and just great vaporizer overall - especially in the flavor department. But for the ones, and I get the impression that there are quite a few here, who've had the privilege to enjoy some fine hashish in it, they'll relate to the sense of purpose-builtness that can leave you admiring the little Swiss (or Italian) piece for seemingly no reason after another late-night session with the dark chocolate.

IMG-20230918-170846324-HDR-3.jpg

Due to these strong feelings, I've tried to tweak my ritual to find what works best for me. And my conclusion is honestly quite upsetting... I'm not talking about some complicated heating cycle or anything like that. No, what I'm trying to say here is that I now simply prefer not using a concentrate screen. *I know, please don't yell at me...* Just straight in - no protection, no fear of repercussions.

IMG-20230918-171643457-HDR-2.jpg

Being a bit old-school, I personally prefer the more traditionally prepared dry sifts, which naturally have a lot less of a melting factor to them than the new "super static, ultra 10x filtered gelato cream x tropical kush". And here I'll gladly take the relatively small amount of extra work in return for what I feel is, despite being a little barbaric, a more pure and refined experience with a stripped down Vapman (that being the vape, not the user - just to be clear).

IMG-20230918-171331607-HDR-2.jpg

However, I must add that if there's a very high percentage of pure trichomes (which is seen as high-grade hash by most people), it simply becomes too much of a mess to not use screens. That's definitely still not worth the hassle IMO. Either one at the bottom or a sandwich, it's case-by-case for me.

Bottom line:

Even though the concentrate screens/sieves don't seem to have a taste by themselves, I find that they do add something when used with hash (new screens, old screens, torched screens - doesn't matter). Perhaps even just a sense of whatever it is, but it's something that I pick up regardless of variety in botanicals - and it has become one of those things that once you've felt it, you really can't unfeel it. The difference between putting one on and going bare is the same driving force that pushed me to sell my Mighty+ after getting to know my first Vapman. So I know there's no going back now.

I just wanted to vent and share this (totally subjective) observation. Take it as you wish. I'd recommend to only try this out for yourself if you're comfortable with possibly having to have a dedicated hashman and everything that comes with it. And make sure to not suffocate the air nozzles!
I was just thinking about trying a full pan of hoku kief without the seive, but I certainly don't think I'd risk any 4-6 star hash without the seive.

I'm just not a fan of deep cleaning the gold plated pan if it can be avoided, and my tolerance doesn't justify doing more than can fit the seive!

bankruptcy

Unfortunately my Vapman torch terminated to function unexpectedly fast, that was not pleasant. Do you guys have some suggestion for a proper lighter suitable for the v man (and maybe the lotus as well)? What lighter do you use? How do you maintain your vapman lighter to last a long time?

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Last edited:

Farid

^That was the reason I never took to the lotus back in 2013. It was my first torch vape, and I felt like I could only get one bowl off of a tank of butane.

I learned years later that I wasn't purging the lighter, and so I was never filling the tank more than a tiny fraction. I really missed out...

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
My Vappy lighter just developed a crack in the casing after two years. It still functions, but slowly leaks butane. It has been my overall favorite lighter, so much so I might just have to buy an Italian Vappy (I have a Swiss) so I can replace it :D
Not to cheat you out of a VAS opportunity, but Vgoodiez has them for sale individually in the US.

Radwin Bodnic

Unfortunately my Vapman torch terminated to function unexpectedly fast, that was not pleasant. Do you guys have some suggestion for a proper lighter suitable for the v man (and maybe the lotus as well)? What lighter do you use? How do you maintain your vapman lighter to last a long time?

If it's the piezo igniter that's faulty you can fix it. Look at this post.

And this ressource could be helpful as well.

T9R

That sucks... But I would give the recommendations that you've got a chance before giving up on it. Because, as mentioned, the Vapman lighter really is a solid one for the job. (However, you may still want to get a different, angled one for the Lotus.)

I've found that it does tend to be less reliable later on in the session though, sometimes requiring multiple clicks to hold a flame. It doesn't sound like this is your problem, but if it were you could try to turn up the flame length a bit.

As for a quality upgrade, Blazer's PB-207 is no doubt made to a higher standard. But the problem is that the lowest flame length you can have is about the same size as a medium+ setting on the Vapman lighter, and your technique when heating up your Vapman would need to be adjusted accordingly. And it's also double the price.

Hope you find a solution to this, these kind of issues can be really frustrating when you're just trying to have a moment of peace and quiet! :doh:

bankruptcy

Thanks to everyone for providing some useful tips and opinions, I really appreciate all the support :)

At first I tried to purge it and refill it but I had no success in ameliorating the situation, so I decided to open it and check it.
It was my first time investigating inside a jet lighter and as soon as i removed all the screws i was very fascinated by all the components and the functioning mechanism, so much fascinated and invested into tinkering with it that i shock myself with the piezo igniter and even lost an important spacer later on. Therefore, my vapman lighter is no more. Truth is i was using a subpar butane for the moment, maybe I also received an unlucky unit or damaged it unknowingly during travel and that did the trick.

I had the chance to look into the PB207, the higher manufacturing standard really appeals to me, but the straight and more powerful flame may be a deal breaker. I think im going to try my luck one more time with the OG lighter, i am expecting some quality butane to be delivered on monday and now i am more experienced with the inside mechanism and even know how to change the igniter if i need to :cool:

Honest lighter?

186°

Hi,
Actually, this is my 1st post. Thought it would be something more meaningful than that, but as you are in the midst of a lighter-discussion I want to join in with a question: Does anyone know a lighter that is more quiet?

I enjoy the vapman for all the good reasons, but I'm more than annoyed sometimes by the noise of jet lighters (jet ligthers in general, not just the vapman-lighter). I am waiting for a Vapman heating station for years; I will definitely going to buy one of these, when/if they are available again. I also enjoy the ritual of using a lighter, but I would simply prefer it wouldn't make either the clicking (which hurts my ears sometimes) or the hissing sound or both. Also, one of my thumbs is injured, so a completely different mechanism of starting the ignition might be something for me – in case it exists.

Thanks and best regards

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I am waiting for a Vapman heating station
(I'm currently not at home else I'd try this myself, but) has anyone experience of using alcohol burners with the Vapman? I went through a phase of using them with my Dynavaps and really enjoyed the cumulative effect of gentle heating.

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Radwin Bodnic

(I'm currently not at home else I'd try this myself, but) has anyone experience of using alcohol burners with the Vapman? I went through a phase of using them with my Dynavaps and really enjoyed the cumulative effect of gentle heating.
Yeah I do it with my Vaponic fairly often. It's perfect for an evening / night session.

But the column of hot air above my smaller alcool burner is quite high and not stable. I'd be worried that it would burn the middle piece.

4-Aces King-High

Yup, not sure how you'd aim it as the area to heat is quite exact on a Vapman.
Yes Where at first I was scorching the wood,realized it quickly and Keep my flame at the tip of the bowl.
I received my second Lotus a couple days ago to Collect.
had to recheck if I m on the vapman or lotus thread lol, received special ‘ Hemp’ Edition Vapman to collect also.

Last edited:

Greenleaf88

Got my vapman today have to say been loving it a lot so tasty and decent Vapor more than I was expecting.

Sadly the concentrate sleeve didn’t come with it they where out of stock was really looking forward to hitting hash but I’ll have to wait cuz it seems a lot of shops in Canada are sold out and not looking to pay customs on a 10 dollar piece.

Top Bottom